Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sir AIDS posted:

Crypt of the NecroDancer is a 2014 independent video game designed by Brace Yourself Games. The game takes fundamental elements of a roguelike dungeon exploration game, and adds beat-matching rhythm ... Wikipedia

:whitewater:

It's actually kind of epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Sir AIDS posted:

Crypt of the NecroDancer is a 2014 independent video game designed by Brace Yourself Games. The game takes fundamental elements of a roguelike dungeon exploration game, and adds beat-matching rhythm ... Wikipedia

It's the best game I've played in a long time and singlehandedly justifies Early Access.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Doctor Goat posted:

It's the best game I've played in a long time and singlehandedly justifies Early Access.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

don't be such a negative nelly

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

It's actually kind of epic.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
It's really not turn based though lol. It's a rhythm game

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Necrodancer looks sorta gimmicky and annoying to play.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

That too. But introducing an underage elf girl as the first character doesn't help matters.

would you say that it is: "creepy"

please consider the following before you respond

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Not creepy at all gents! Said in the voice of a 115 pound 5 foot man with very bad posture in a fake british accent rubbing his crotch through his zip-off cargo jean shorts.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Why are all the sexy anime's also sad all the time

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

thuly posted:

Why are all the sexy anime's also sad all the time

Because Japs fundamentally hate women. :cheers:

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
for turn-based animes on pc that are not bad, consider trails in the sky on steam.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Because Japs fundamentally hate women. :cheers:

me to

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

PleasingFungus posted:

would you say that it is: "creepy"

please consider the following before you respond

:gonk:

EDIT: "Really Naughty Edition" dear loving lord.

EDIT 2: Oh god, does that mousepad have the breasts for a wrist rest. Who the gently caress would buy something like this?

GenderSelectScreen fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Nov 11, 2014

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

EDIT 2: Oh god, does that mousepad have the breasts for a wrist rest. Who the gently caress would buy something like this?

I bought, two.

Wormskull posted:

Not creepy at all gents! Said in the voice of a 115 pound 5 foot man with very bad posture in a fake british accent rubbing his crotch through his zip-off cargo jean shorts.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

yeah what kind of morron would want to rest his wrist on a pair of nice hangers?? durRRRrr :bravo:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

:magical: :byodood: :stonk:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Give that guy the yoda humping luke avatar

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Fargield posted:

Give that guy the yoda humping luke avatar

palpatines gay secret

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
jeanne d'arc is a fun turn based anime

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Inflammatory posted:

palpatines gay secret

blakyoshi
Feb 17, 2011
my favorite turn based video game is Dai-3-Ji Supaa Robo Taisen Alpha. hope this helps op

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Ghost recon: shadow wars for 3DS is made by Julian Gollop, is turn-based and is really good

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Sir AIDS posted:

Need some Good games with urn based combat...Only have a laptop to game on ATM

I have played:

-Jagged Alliance 2
-X-com
-fallout series
-ShadowRun Returns

Shadow run returns sucks rear end, the combat in fallout sucks rear end, jagged alliance 2 is meh, xcom is meh afte you know how to cheese it.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I want a booby mousepad and I want to shoot an automatic rifle.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6VTj7LhCtE

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lmao.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hitlers Gay Secret hosed around with this message at Nov 11, 2014 around 18:13

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Gentlemen, I propose it is time to Nuke The gently caress Out Of Japan, Once in For All, Seriously, For Real, Unironically, But in All Seriousness,

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3007863

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
loving endless legends owns.

Endless space guys, who can't make a game run right without a few expansions, made a turn based game on land with hexagons.

Game has sync issues in multiplayer and some weird bugs but loving lol gimmicks.

What this poo poo has going for it
Battles are on instanced versions of the game world on the same tiles. If a city is in range it sends out its militia. Same with any other armies.

You choose what you wish to happen, like guy a attacks guy b, and if it can, it will.
Height maps on the terrain. You got archers? Well put your city on a cliff face and watch it poo poo down on other people.

Amazing diplomacy options

Any diplomacy action costs favor. Hell favor is used to make your civilization get some empire wide bonuses like more gold per person or more research or more trade and what not.
If you compliment someone, peace is easier. If you insult them, war is easier.

Each city is named after the land it is in. The land is a bunch of hexes with a border and a name. You choose where the city goes. No one else can put a city in that area.
A faction that has to sacrifice population to be happy and recycles any dead bodies for food.
A faction that can trade block people from the market, can't declare war, has better mercenaries, and can pick up their citys on giant scarabs and move them some where like the sea when they got better research or for when it is summer.
Winter fucks everyone, get hosed. It is winter. Your science sucks so it will be over in 1-13 turns. You don't know when.
A faction that has a holy resource that allows them to teleport or some poo poo.
A faction of doll people who can't have more than one city, but any minor factions it finds, they can take control of and take the land next to them.
Minor factions provide a single unit type and empire wide bonuses based on how many of them you have claimed.
Each faction only gets 3 units but you can equip your units with better gear or different gear turning them from infantry slayers to cavalry slayers.
The sub factions also act as roaming bandits
Privateers in the form of mercenary only armies / navies
A faction of diplomats who knows where ever starts.
A faction of elves, faggots
A faction of mages, also faggots.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have really enjoyed Endless Legend. I haven't played it since I bought it so a bunch of poo poo's gotten patched but all of the factions are extremely unique compared to the average civ game. The one city per region thing can be kind of annoying sometimes, especially when you see some bomb-rear end resources on the end you didn't discover at first, but I never end up caring. Vaulters are probably my favorite since you can beat everyone to T4 units and race off on a literal space ship.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I heard the game's got some issues if you have an AMD card, so I held off.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Bugs I've found so far

Desyncs happen in multiplayer. Auto save is a thing and reloading is pretty easy.
Some times moving units too fast to merge makes one look like it is somewhere it is not. Moving it again fixes.
Picking up the town on the back of a beetle to move it some times stops the game from doing anything when ending turn. Reload fixes it.

These are some what rare though.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Sir AIDS posted:

urn based combat

want to play a game where u kill people with vases now

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Who needs that gay fantasy or sci-fi poo poo, this is as real as it gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
dota already has some urn based combat

• Locked thread