Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

oliwan posted:

but why would someone who loves portland also love LA? in my mind they were always... anathema. i just dont know what to believe any more.

there are some like "indie" areas around east hollywood / silver lake, maybe she was from there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir

holyshit the roads look chaotic

Einsteins Kegels

by R. Guyovich

ulvir posted:

look at this garbage city lmao

i am he

city looks like the trash island in the pacific

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

ulvir posted:

LA resident: 'I h8 my hosed up, giant city.'

GEExCEE

i want my city to be a perfect square of suburbia, stretching as far as the eye can see

alnilam

GEExCEE posted:

i want my city to be a perfect square of suburbia, stretching as far as the eye can see

lol phoenix, AZ looks like a sim city irl, from the air, because everything is in squares, and all development just ends with a perfectly square border wherever the sprawl stops

the unabonger
la is really cool to do something specific in, like gentrify poor latino neighborhoods or fail as an actor. you dont even have to stay afterwards.

ulvir

:norway:

alnilam

that's pretty ulvir, are those in new england too or ?

ulvir

alnilam posted:

that's pretty ulvir, are those in new england too or ?

theyre in the three blue circles (I got your joke, but :spergin: )

i am he

european cities are better, yeah.

GEExCEE

Nice. looks like you could fit at least 5 or 6 hundred people in those bad boys.

ChrisHansen

Suck my damn balls.
You just picked the worst place to drive in the tri-state area. The other day, I drove from Alexandria to N Baltimore. It only took me four times as long as the GPS told me.

ChrisHansen fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 13, 2014

lite_sleepr

i am he posted:

european cities are better, yeah.

theyre better if you like living on top of people because the roads were laid before the automobile was brought over so everything is narrow. seriously i lived in germany for four years and i couldn't walk from my townhouse to the pub without hitting some aspect of the architecture.

ulvir

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

theyre better if you like living on top of people because the roads were laid before the automobile was brought over so everything is narrow. seriously i lived in germany for four years and i couldn't walk from my townhouse to the pub without hitting some aspect of the architecture.

Maybe lose some weight? :)

lite_sleepr

ulvir posted:

Maybe lose some weight? :)

heh BOOYA oh wait i'm 6'3'' 190lbs

euro towns can be pretty sure, but better? easily debatable

basically all city life is the same and all country life is the same on this gay earth

GEExCEE

wwhats the deal with this city, all this poo poo is way too close together

i am he

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

not all cities in europe are like that

lite_sleepr

i am he posted:

not all cities in europe are like that

they are because i went to venice, st. vith, luxembourg city, paris, Oslo, Heidelberg, Darmstadt, Ramstein and more and that means all eurogay cities are like that.

ulvir

this reminds me of an anime I watched one time. it was about a team of teenage girls fighting for their right to become the next big gondolier in a terraformed planet made to look like a large-scale Venice or something. I mean I've always wanted to visit the real Venice, but the problem is the entire town allegedly smells like a mix of sewage, bird droppings and sweaty tourists and the water is grotesque and leaks into the lower floors of all buildings on the reg. kinda depressing, but hey, at least it looks amazing on a photo

i am he

venice is the worst city in the whole world

lite_sleepr

i am he posted:

venice is the worst city in the whole world

i would tend to agree. i refuse to believe anyone lives there. i think its just a big city-office where people go to work in cramped resturants and peddle knock off handbags to touristas.

GEExCEE

Venice is like a 1500 year old Disneyland

ulvir

GEExCEE posted:

Venice is like a 1500 year old Disneyland

lmbo

Rodatose

corn, corn, corn

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

why didn't you lube your body and and glide between buildings from point a to b after a single initial push off

GEExCEE

I miss living directly on top of other people :(

i am he

It's a me, Mario! The city is a sinking into the ocean but they won't let it disappear forever to sleep with the fishes, literally, because its a cash cow. They a keep building the rotting buildings higher and higher and letting the sewage run over the sidewalks. Its like L.A. with more seafood.

GEExCEE

Venice is actually a great metaphor for the ecological crisis of late capitalism

Einsteins Kegels

by R. Guyovich

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

they are because i went to venice, st. vith, luxembourg city, paris, Oslo, Heidelberg, Darmstadt, Ramstein and more and that means all eurogay cities are like that.

wow, this guy has been to all 8 of the european cities. i think he knows what he's talking about

the unabonger
Hanoi is a cool city

lite_sleepr

Einsteins Kegels posted:

wow, this guy has been to all 8 of the european cities. i think he knows what he's talking about

that's all 8 of them!

Einsteins Kegels

by R. Guyovich

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

that's all 8 of them!

haha yep! all 8! all 8 of the cities in europe. all of em. just those 8. thats... yep haha. sheesh. 8 cities. 8 cities. 8 cities. yes.

gleebster

Only a howler

GEExCEE posted:

baltimore and dc aren't new england

But yeah, Maryland drivers do pretty much suck.

tao of lmao

Einsteins Kegels posted:

i cant believe this guy thought DC was considered new england...

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

yeah I bet the residents of Virginia colony and the Jamestown crew were all like hell no this isn't New England :rolleyes:

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

i am he posted:

gently caress the east coast, actually!

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
I love my hosed up giant city.

Einsteins Kegels

by R. Guyovich

Chill la Chill posted:

yeah I bet the residents of Virginia colony and the Jamestown crew were all like hell no this isn't New England :rolleyes:

:milk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

gently caress off I'm not going to support my monarchy #notyourstate, old dominion my rear end

• Locked thread