Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

super mario advance is a non-canon retelling, much like metal gear solid: the twin snakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

I like the toad that has always gives you a mushroom in Captain Toad. I don't know if he has an official name or if he is just an anonymous member of the Toad Brigade.

Jawtramp
Nov 27, 2010

by XyloJW

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

The caps are heads, because Captain Toad wears hats. If they were a hat, he would just swap his head to contain a headlamp, when he was planning to start adventuring.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

aaaaaaaaAAAAAAHHHHH

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

those are actually nerve endings. he wears a prosthetic.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

this poo poo better be as canon to Mario as the entirety of the fanfiction.net Crossover section is, or I'm gonna tear the top of my head off too

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Mach2 posted:

this poo poo better be as canon to Mario as the entirety of the fanfiction.net Crossover section is, or I'm gonna tear the top of my head off too

dued check the sprites

elf help book posted:

actually reading this i dont see how anyone can deny its

http://www.spriters-resource.com/nintendo_64/pm/sheet/12752/

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

elf help book posted:

dued check the sprites

that's not a loving toad

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
anyone who thinks toads can have remove their head mushrooms like hats is hosed UP and should be permabanned IMMEDIATELY

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
this is so hosed

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
im loving crying dont you loving DARE say this blasphemous poo poo you god damned rear end in a top hat bastards

Soral
May 30, 2009

sharrrk posted:

this is mostly correct, but mario 2 does not have a red toad playable, it has a blue toad playable. i believe the blue toad from 2 is the same as the blue toad in new super mario bros wii and new super mario brows u, as well as super mario 3d world.

youre right, i made that mistake because i am used to the SNES rerelease as part of the Super Mario All-Stars collection, in which the playable Toad is red. my point still stands, however, the mario 3d world toad is a separate entity from both the iconic red-spotted Toad as well as Captain Toad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mach2 posted:

that's not a loving toad

Mach2 posted:

anyone who thinks toads can have remove their head mushrooms like hats is hosed UP and should be permabanned IMMEDIATELY

Mach2 posted:

this is so hosed

Mach2 posted:

im loving crying dont you loving DARE say this blasphemous poo poo you god damned rear end in a top hat bastards

Yoda loving Luke

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Toad in Mario 3-D world is good at running, but does not excel at lifting and throwing, unlike SMB2 Toad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well I've been proven wrong once again and I can accept that.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yoda loving Luke

The Megaman Archie Webcomic crossover avatar is worse.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Captain Toad can jump, but because he brought too many tools with him to adventure, he can't due to the added weight.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Toad in Mario 3-D world is good at running, but does not excel at lifting and throwing, unlike SMB2 Toad.

Doesn't he lift stuff a lot quicker. I play as him usually but I guess I forgot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

It's not as bad as the disgusting avatar I saw a DOTA pedophile wearing proudly of a poorly drawn uh elf thing with monster tits, and the tits accounted for 90% of the avatar space. Stay safe out there, be wary; a DOTA poster may be in any thread.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Doesn't he lift stuff a lot quicker. I play as him usually but I guess I forgot.
I thought he just ran faster. There's not a lot of picking up and throwing in SMB3D, but he's also the character I use least, so I'm not sure.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Captain Toad can jump, but because he brought too many tools with him to adventure, he can't due to the added weight.

Toads are canonically weak jumpers, compared to the Mario twins, however. Even if he was jumping without the hindrance of his adventuring rucksack, could we truly call it "jumping"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

clearly none of you saw that cartoon episode. shortly after that, that toad died because he had just ripped a huge portion of his skull off. the mushroom is a part of their heads.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

You would know

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zen death robot posted:

What the hell is a Megaman Archie WEbcomic crossover avatar

Take a look at your rear end to find out. Taste the flame.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

i'm more curious how ws knew that, i can't tell just by looking at it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Take a look at your rear end to find out. Taste the flame.

Good God.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

zen death robot posted:

i don't read webcomics

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Protagonist posted:

i'm more curious how ws knew that, i can't tell just by looking at it

I called it a Megaman Webcomic avatar and he corrected me.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

:ms:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

toads are just a hallucination mario and luigi get when they eat mushrooms, they aint real

sometimes mario gets so hosed up on shrooms he thinks he's a toad, thats why he runs faster than slightly less high mario, its the shrooms

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I dunno why you keep saying crossover but wtf/e because Proto Man is cool and good

chaosbreather posted:

toads are just a hallucination mario and luigi get when they eat mushrooms, they aint real

sometimes mario gets so hosed up on shrooms he thinks he's a toad, thats why he runs faster than slightly less high mario, its the shrooms

I'm gonna start screaming if people keep posting this kind of blasphemous bullshit about toad again

Jawtramp
Nov 27, 2010

by XyloJW

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Mach2 posted:

this is so hosed

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003

Would anyone here actually wear a Toad hat/helmet or whatever the headgear is called?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

toad takes his mushroom cap off, revealing three strands of hair.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Retarded Noobs: "What the hell? Toads can take their mushroom caps off? This poo poo is hosed!"

Experienced Gamers: *Serenely nods and sips Dunkin Donuts medium hot coffee (cream only).*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Retarded Noobs: "What the hell? Toads can take their mushroom caps off? This poo poo is hosed!"

Experienced Gamers: *Serenely nods and sips Dunkin Donuts medium hot coffee (cream only).*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

who the hell drinks dunkies and doesn't just order a regulah?

• Locked thread