Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I'd like to nominate Al Golden, a hackass snake-oil salesman who might be able to recruit NFL talent but sure as gently caress can't lead them to a win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Zurreco posted:

Since Hardy was "acquitted," he's really trying to push back into the bracket with a vengeance.

Dream lady Katie Nolan wraps it up pretty well.

Then Hardy basically assaults an assistant coach on the sidelines yesterday.

E:

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
I think Greg Hardy is about a big a piece of poo poo for what he did to that woman as anyone, but loving lol at the idea of smacking a clipboard out of somebody's hands being assault.He was a baby throwing a tantrum, nothing more.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I haven't watched the NFL in years. Is Greg Hardy even on any of the special teams?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I nominate Ryan Mallett.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

NC-17 posted:

I nominate Ryan Mallett.

Seconded. Mallett has the trifecta of completely sucking at his job, not giving a poo poo about his team, and being as dumb as a bag of rocks. He also more than passes the eye test.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

NC-17 posted:

I nominate Ryan Mallett.

Definitely a good bracket-filler though can't be a real bona fide contender. He's far more idiot than douche.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I dunno, that three quarters he spent muttering "this is bullshit" after getting replaced by Hoyer could go a long way.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Has Mallet upgraded from meth to coke yet?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sean10mm posted:

Has Mallet upgraded from meth to coke yet?

That mother fucker needs some loving coke, maybe it'll open his mind to the plays unfolding on the field.

God knows, he's never going to get it done with his current mind.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
The whole point of this thread is that no one is going to remember what Mallett did in six months. (I assume this is because he missed his flight to Miami, and also overslept a practice earlier in the season.)

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
why is anybody but Hardy being considered at this point?

or is he just too evil for such a thing? even if i don't think it's fair to get mad at a guy for doing what we basically cheer marshawn lynch on for doing, the guy still seems like he is doing poo poo just to stir the pot.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Cole posted:

even if i don't think it's fair to get mad at a guy for doing what we basically cheer marshawn lynch on for doing, the guy still seems like he is doing poo poo just to stir the pot.

Wait, what?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Lt. Chips posted:

Wait, what?

Not responding to the media when they ask him questions.

Lynch did it and it was hilarious, and we all cheered him on. Hardy does it and it's bad.

The difference is Hardy seems to be doing it to just stir the pot... or something. I dunno, sociopaths are weird.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Ahh, thats what you are referring to. I haven't seen that come up in this thread, so I didn't consider it. There are just so many other reasons to think Hardy is a douche, the media thing didn't even register.

That's probably part of the reason Lynch avoiding the media feels so different. Dodging questions as a standard course due to dislike of the media has much different optics than dodging questions right after a game because you were acting like a jackass.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Lynch does it win lose or draw, he's consistent within his reasonings so it's understandable, plus it gets old white selfish sportswriters all salty which is a bonus.

Hardy's throwing a tantrum and taking it out on others. It's not like Brady not doing TV after wins because poo poo, he's winning. You can do whatever after a win, do it after a loss and you're a bitch.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think football players who don't realize they work in the entertainment industry are hilarious.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
Clay Travis for this article and for being a Vandy dudebro.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/mizzou-protest-is-total-charade-110915

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
OP Updated

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Aqib Talib poked a man in the eye.

He got punished for it so he won't be eligible for the douche awards but I think it's worth mentioning at least.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Leperflesh posted:

He got punished for it so he won't be eligible for the douche awards but I think it's worth mentioning at least.

He is eligible as long as he was convicted in criminal court.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Leperflesh posted:

Does it count if the suspension gets voided?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Nominating Julius Peppers for actively and purposefully trying to stop donations from receiving a recently orphaned child purely because the Packers were losing. Also for trying to start a fight with HaHa Clinton-Dix on the sideline for whatever reason.

Cole posted:

Because people didn't vote Jameis Winston onto the throne even though we was worse than Hardy at this point /hot take.

Leperflesh posted:

He also was filmed kneeing some dude in the throat. When called out on either, he tried to make it seem like it was no big deal. He'll be in the bracket.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Zurreco posted:

Nominating Julius Peppers for actively and purposefully trying to stop donations from receiving a recently orphaned child purely because the Packers were losing. Also for trying to start a fight with HaHa Clinton-Dix on the sideline for whatever reason.

You have to be more verbose. Not all of us live in the sphere of 24-hour football news cycle.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Cole posted:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Zurreco posted:

Because people didn't vote Jameis Winston onto the throne even though we was worse than Hardy at this point /hot take.

He also was filmed kneeing some dude in the throat. When called out on either, he tried to make it seem like it was no big deal. He'll be in the bracket.

Wasn't it Von miller who was kneeing the guy in the throat and not Talib?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Leperflesh posted:

I think football players who don't realize they work in the entertainment industry are hilarious.

Their first job is still to be a player, not an entertainer. Otherwise Tebow would be on a team.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

I take back my Greg Hardy and would like to say Jerry Jones instead.

I don't blame anyone for signing a multi million dollar contract no matter what their past or present is like.

But I do blame the guy who offered it to him.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Cole posted:

I take back my Greg Hardy and would like to say Jerry Jones instead.

I don't blame anyone for signing a multi million dollar contract no matter what their past or present is like.

But I do blame the guy who offered it to him.

Jerry Jones should win every year, just as an honourary deal.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Not that I'm 100% what falls under last year or this year for Hardy. Just adding this as a reminder for next year when we're looking for Douchebag Greg Hardy quotes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/greg-hardy-on-twitter---innocent-until-proven-guilty--161758936.html

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Jerry Jones should win every year, just as an honourary deal.

Maybe he'll make it into the Douche Hall this year.

Natalya Fartz posted:

Not that I'm 100% what falls under last year or this year for Hardy. Just adding this as a reminder for next year when we're looking for Douchebag Greg Hardy quotes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/greg-hardy-on-twitter---innocent-until-proven-guilty--161758936.html

I clinked your link and was graced with a Fan Duel TV spot, so I immediately closed it. Please just paste the text here for us.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Speaking of which, is it possible to nominate Daily Fantasy Sports?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Febreeze posted:

I take back my Jerry Jones and agree with this post.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Chilichimp posted:

Maybe he'll make it into the Douche Hall this year.

I clinked your link and was graced with a Fan Duel TV spot, so I immediately closed it. Please just paste the text here for us.

Guessing your at work so no ad block, it was the Greg Hardy twitter profile change declaring his "innocence".

Every drat site has a picture and not raw text and phone posting is a pain. I'll fix it tonight.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Natalya Fartz posted:

Guessing your at work so no ad block, it was the Greg Hardy twitter profile change declaring his "innocence".

Every drat site has a picture and not raw text and phone posting is a pain. I'll fix it tonight.

It's hard to run an ad blocker and still watch the treasure trove of gifs and html videos offered by this glorious community.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I just wish there was a more funny, pure douche type to rally behind this year. Who's coming close to that, the FanDuel/DraftKings guys?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
He's still beating this drum: http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/is-the-entire-mizzou-protest-based-on-lies-111115

Bonus points because this is on a college football blog but has only a tenuous relationship to football (the Mizzou player strike was associated with the now-ended hunger strike).

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Maybe we could just settle for the FanDuel beard guy.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Febreeze posted:

Yeah but they ended up getting C&D orders and are essentially getting shut down by the government for being scummy. Isn't that the same thing as removing people from the bracket if they are found guilty in court?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Cole posted:

I take back my Jerry Jones and agree with this post.

Jerry Jones (and Robert Kraft) are invested heavily in fan fuel/draft kings so there's ostensibly no reason to revoke or change your vote.

• Locked thread