Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Gonna continue not remembering or even caring about africa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

surrender posted:

I don't have many photos on these computer but here are a couple from western Uganda, near the Congo border. My friends and I went gorilla and chimpanzee trekking out there and it's stunningly beautiful

Sadly I don't have many photos from here in the Congo unless you're interested in, uh, farms

are you a child soldier

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

My boss in the mid 2000's was former Rhodesian Light Infantry, had a bunch of tattoos on his forearms.

I guess he had to flee the country, something something wanted for war crimes

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Remember when Fish Steer A Dhow impersonated an African adoptee returning to his homeland and casually mentioned he introduced the town to communism and made them lynch the priest

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Corek posted:

Remember when Fish Steer A Dhow impersonated an African adoptee returning to his homeland and casually mentioned he introduced the town to communism and made them lynch the priest

lmfao

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Corek posted:

one of the best threads ever

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3078231

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

Sappo569 posted:

My boss in the mid 2000's was former Rhodesian Light Infantry, had a bunch of tattoos on his forearms.

I guess he had to flee the country, something something wanted for war crimes

When I was in rehab there was this alcoholic guy that was also in the Rhodesian Light Infantry. Dude loved to talk about how they used to strap POW's to the front of their Jeeps and drive around the bush until they had almost no skin left from all the thorns 'n poo poo. That motherfucker was thoroughly messed up. When this other guy that shared a room with him put a fake snake in his bed he flipped out and nearly killed the guy.

Found this on the wiki for the 1st Rhodesian Light Infantry which is quite funny.

quote:

The Commando's "Lovers" wanted to use an erection as their symbol, as they had not yet seen action on Operation Cauldron. Captain Spike Powell and Lieutenant Chris Pearce suggested that a more suitable emblem, other than anything military, might be a banana. The banana was adopted, and the Commando's insignia became a numeral "3", emblazoned on a banana, with the word "Lovers" above and the designation "Commando" beneath, all on a green shield. This emblem endured for the rest of the RLI's history.

Banana Lovers

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Corek posted:

i just laughed out loud in real life

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

So the U.S. was right to exterminate the natives. Any country that failed to carry out extermination is a disaster.

Genocide - the road to prosperity.

Makes u think.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Corek posted:

this is the D&D dream

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

White Phosphorus posted:

So the U.S. was right to exterminate the natives. Any country that failed to carry out extermination is a disaster.

Genocide - the road to prosperity.

Makes u think.

So edgy.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

TEAYCHES posted:

nigeria managed to have a peaceful democratic transition without a military coup recently

That's a pretty low goddamn standard

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
libya was pretty nice HDI-speaking until we bombed it

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Is there any particular reason powerless nerds are always advocating for dictatorships and genocide? Impossible to say.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Tezzor posted:

libya was pretty nice HDI-speaking until we bombed it

ya what a bad idea that turned out to be

vote hillary clinton!!!!

my effigy burns
Aug 23, 2015

IF I'M NOT SHITPOSTING ABOUT HOW I, A JUNIOR DEVELOPER IN JAVASCRIPT KNOW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW, PLEASE CHECK TO BE SURE MY ACCOUNT WAS NOT COMPROMISED BY A CLIENT-SIDE BOTNET, TIA

boom boom boom posted:

That's a pretty low goddamn standard

Quick, name five countries in Africa that haven't had a military coup in the last 30 years.

Actually, just name five countries in (Sub-Saharan) Africa.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

white guy holding the two black animals apart

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Corek posted:

Baby Finland posted:

You guys that are so horrified by the death of the priest: how many deaths do you think he caused by exploiting the villagers' faith? I'm not saying that eye-for-an-eye is justifiable or right, and I also don't think it's fair to assume that was the reason he was killed. Be aware that if you are defending this man, you are defending someone that is directly responsible for unnecessary poverty, illness and death in much greater amounts than what befell him and his family. If the village thought that they needed to oust this leech with violence, so be it. If FSAD's story is accurate, then I don't think he deserves any tears.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3078231&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post356564885

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Frog Act posted:

these shorts really match my FN FAL

cool mgs V cosplay

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

being lf that could be completely honest or completely ironic and i cannot tell the difference lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i was having a good time looking at profiles and bans of older members and then suddenly just

:(

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
The two South African white dudes I met were racist as gently caress and pretty much still had slaves. The brought some of them to the US with em even and they weren't allowed to leave the hotel or anything, was pretty hosed up.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

my effigy burns posted:

Quick, name five countries in Africa that haven't had a military coup in the last 30 years.
Morocco. South Africa. Equatorial Guinea. Zimbabwe. Madagascar.

That was off the top of my head let's see how I did!

Edit: Morocco I'm right. South Africa I'm right. Equatorial Guinea I'm right (the current president came to power in a coup in 1979). Zimbabwe also (because Mugabe has ruled it) and Madagascar is iffy.

Wait I'm wrong. Madagascar had a coup in 2009.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Sep 10, 2015

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Omi-Polari posted:

Morocco. South Africa. Equatorial Guinea. Zimbabwe. Madagascar.

That was off the top of my head let's see how I did!

Edit: Morocco I'm right. South Africa I'm right. Equatorial Guinea I'm right (the current president came to power in a coup in 1979). Zimbabwe also (because Mugabe has ruled it) and Madagascar is iffy.

GUYS GET A LOAD OF THIS rear end in a top hat WHO SAYS MUGABE RULES

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001

symbolic posted:

i was having a good time looking at profiles and bans of older members

same, found the thread that got lf shut down: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3365121

e: "Congratulations! The Secret Service has issued a subpoena to Something Awful LLC regarding your post! You are one of the forum's most stupid individuals ever!" ha

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I was at the library one day, walking past the computers and there was some methy-looking dude looking at this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

symbolic posted:

i was having a good time looking at profiles and bans of older members and then suddenly just

:(

One person dies of starvation every 3.6 seconds, according to UNICEF, and it is typically a child under the age of five.

You better start crying, if a forums death saddens you.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

symbolic posted:

Gambia is pretty chill

nah that's another one with a fucktarded dictator who hates gays

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Agag posted:

So edgy.

obviously they're just trying to gently caress with you now and you're taking the bait

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Rhodesians Never Die!

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
one of my good mates is rhodesian, his parents owned a farm and had slaves that were routinely beaten if they didn't do their job.

then mugabe came and took their farm and they emigrated to :australia:

also I had a rhodesidan ridgeback and he's the maddest nigga on the planet.

that's my story about rhodesia

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
photos in the op look beautiful, I think I'd like to visit someday

Corek posted:

lmao

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
oh, "remembering", gently caress

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

notZaar posted:

Is there a single African nation that isn't war torn or completely economically ruined? There has to be a limit on how far you can blame colonialism, when are we going to see some hot new phone or viral app come out of Africa?

Ebola not viral enough for ya?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Ebola not viral enough for ya?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

basement jihadist posted:

UH that chart sYS VAMPIRES came to rhodesia sooo i understand

Yeah.

Explain the vampires, Rhodesia. Why aren't there movies about this historical event? Are people trying to erase white history again?

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot
you'd leave as well if vampires invaded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

notZaar posted:

So the takeaway lesson is, don't let the ignorant natives rule themselves, got it.

botswana was never ruled by europeans and is the richest country on the continent. it would be a first-world nation today if it werent for the aids epidemic

• Locked thread