Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Why do white ppl love the idea of desecrating things?

Because it's fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Waltzing Along posted:

He's muslim and a cool guy. We get along well. But now I am uncomfortable because I have no interest in become a terrorist. I mean a muslim.

He said just read a little bit. I said I read a little bit already (I did many years ago. It was that or the bible and I was bored.)

Anyway, I don't want to make things uncomfortable but feel this was inappropriate for the workplace. What should i do?

It's too late; by touching the Quran you've contracted Islam-AIDS.

Best do the right thing and turn yourself to the authorities for quarantine, OP.

Buffer Overflow
Sep 3, 2006
Interweb Addict
Your Muslim buddy was giving you a hint that it would better to take a sick day tomorrow op.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Use it as a napkin.

You know, wipe your mouth with it, eat food off of it, doodle on it, use it as emergency toilet paper, that sort of thing. What's the worst that could happen?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Buffer Overflow posted:

Your Muslim buddy was giving you a hint that it would better to take a sick day tomorrow op.

Oh my god I just got a brililant idea.

Make a bullet proof vest out of qarans. Just attach them to your jacket. They won't shoot you or be able to cause shooting a qaran is like going to hell or some poo poo isn't it?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

The Bible posted:

Use it as a napkin.

You know, wipe your mouth with it, eat food off of it, doodle on it, use it as emergency toilet paper, that sort of thing. What's the worst that could happen?

Is this the old or new testament talking?

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

I'm not surprised that someone would prefer the slim chance of the op radicalizing and blowing his workplace up to having to continue to work with him

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Guys, guys we have a defense against the muslims spread the word. We can put a copy of a qaran in every building and every train. IF they blow up in it they coudl destroy it which is haram.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Tricky D posted:

Is this the old or new testament talking?

Old, I would guess.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Microwaves Mom posted:

Guys, guys we have a defense against the muslims spread the word. We can put a copy of a qaran in every building and every train. IF they blow up in it they coudl destroy it which is haram.

print a page of the koran on every sheet of toilet paper and sanitary pad

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Microwaves Mom posted:

Oh my god I just got a brililant idea.

Make a bullet proof vest out of qarans. Just attach them to your jacket. They won't shoot you or be able to cause shooting a qaran is like going to hell or some poo poo isn't it?

They probably would shoot you anyway, but you could apply this idea to North Korea for hundred times the amusement.

If we ever invade NK, we should replace our camo with giant pictures of Glorious Leader. The enemy will shoot themselves rather than shoot you!

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Why do white ppl love the idea of desecrating things?

Because during the Dark Ages, the Romans marched north and destroyed our entire culture and replaced it with Catholicism.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

osirisisdead posted:

Because during the Dark Ages, the Romans marched north and destroyed our entire culture and replaced it with Catholicism.

i don't think your timeline is correct, i've played hundreds of hours of crusader kings 2 so i'm basically an expert on these historical matters

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

The Bible posted:

Old, I would guess.

KK, cool.

I wouldn't want to exclude the Jews from making GBS threads on the Koran.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

the great deceiver posted:

i don't think your timeline is correct, i've played hundreds of hours of crusader kings 2 so i'm basically an expert on these historical matters

You are probably correct. I guess I meant before the Dark Ages, because the Romans destroying the extant cultures and burning their "barbarian" books plunged the world of Northern Europe into ignorance, causing the Dark Ages.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

osirisisdead posted:

You are probably correct. I guess I meant before the Dark Ages, because the Romans destroying the extant cultures and burning their "barbarian" books plunged the world of Northern Europe into ignorance, causing the Dark Ages.

<roman centurion rips the book out of a germanic nerd's hands and throws it in the fire>

"i'm here to liberate you from your ignorance. prepare to join the most civilized and enlightened empire this world has ever seen"

<throws nerd's glasses on the ground, steps on them, gives nerd atomic wedgie>

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

osirisisdead posted:

lmao nah though

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Waltzing Along posted:

He's muslim and a cool guy. We get along well. But now I am uncomfortable because I have no interest in become a terrorist. I mean a muslim.

He said just read a little bit. I said I read a little bit already (I did many years ago. It was that or the bible and I was bored.)

Anyway, I don't want to make things uncomfortable but feel this was inappropriate for the workplace. What should i do?

Keep it inside the work bathroom.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
I wish somebody would try to convert me

but not even the crazies want me :(

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

MiracleWhale posted:

<roman centurion rips the book out of a germanic nerd's hands and throws it in the fire>

"i'm here to liberate you from your ignorance. prepare to join the most civilized and enlightened empire this world has ever seen"

<throws nerd's glasses on the ground, steps on them, gives nerd atomic wedgie>

Fag. Romans weren't cool because of their individual prowess, but because their more-equatorial environment allowed for longer growing seasons, therefore they could outproduce other cultures on their agricultural yields because of the accident of their location on Earth. More food = more people. Why do you think pro-life people exist? Morality?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
cut a bunch of pages in the middle of it out and hollow the book. Store a gun or drugs in it so when he goes jihad johnny on you, you can spin turn grab your qaran and he'll be excited thinking you accepted allah when in reality you're grabbin your gun to put some hot justice in him.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
This new street slang is greek to me, which drug is hot justice supposed to be

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Waltzing Along posted:

Draw cartoon pictures of Muhammad in it and return it to him.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

cut a bunch of pages in the middle of it out and hollow the book. Store a gun or drugs in it so when he goes jihad johnny on you, you can spin turn grab your qaran and he'll be excited thinking you accepted allah when in reality you're grabbin your gun to put some hot justice in him.

this would be a good prank

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I read the quran a while back at a party and we started reading it as a joke but then we basically kept stumbling upon passages along the line of "kill the infidel, for they are less than men" or such poo poo, and at the end we basically thought "drat this poo poo is pretty horrible, how is islam a religion of piece" and yeah

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

osirisisdead posted:

Fag. Romans weren't cool because of their individual prowess, but because their more-equatorial environment allowed for longer growing seasons, therefore they could outproduce other cultures on their agricultural yields because of the accident of their location on Earth. More food = more people. Why do you think pro-life people exist? Morality?

centurion: bring me a tomato that i might prepare the traditional Roman dish "spaghetti"
germanic nerd, cowering: t...t..tomatoes....
centurion, raising a hand in readiness to strike: spit it out, whelp!!
germanic nerd: t...t...tomatoes... they're not in season!
centurion: NOT IN loving SEASON?!!?! <burns entire village to the ground>

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
Read it maybe, to learn.

But not like in the company breakroom or anything. holy poo poo

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nuts and Gum posted:

Respond with a Book of Mormon. That'll shut him up.

Or a Watch Tower

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Just convert to islam OP, wtf. better play it safe in these days. Nobody cares about your beliefs anyway.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

The Bible posted:

Old, I would guess.

what's up old testament

do you think methuselah ever boned people at an advanced age?

also what was up with antediluvian sex? how was it so freaky to cause a global flood? were there furries involved?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

read it up until you get to the part where the earth is flat and a dude walks all the way west and finds the sun setting in a puddle and walks all the way east to where people are completely black because the rising sun burn they asses, also this dude is emperor of the entire world (this is genuinely in the quran)

then put it down

remember that this is an immaculate text and the inerrant word of god

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Look at him and 'What's the DEAL?' like Jerry seinfeld.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
doorstop
even out that short chair leg
coaster
the quran has many uses

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

gary oldmans diary posted:

doorstop
even out that short chair leg
coaster
the quran has many uses

rollin paper for mah doobs

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.
It's too late for you OP. You are now radicalized.

I'm gonna have to report you before you start blowing up infidels.

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Laurenz posted:

It's too late for you OP. You are now radicalized.

I'm gonna have to report you before you start blowing up infidels.

Yeah. Good luck going to Disneyland and poo poo. All of us in this thread are now screwed by association . Thanks a lot OP.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

gently caress the ROW posted:

the same thing you'd do if he gave you a bible - get his rear end fired

that's racist muslims are a minority and should be free to express themselves with acts of terror, just like 'black lives matter' 'protesters'.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Baba Ganoush posted:

that's racist muslims are a minority and should be free to express themselves with acts of terror, just like 'black lives matter' 'protesters'.

dumbshit

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
welcome to the no-fly list bitch :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Yeah, I'm the one prancing around, chanting things like an imbecile and disrupting society.

• Locked thread