Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

ItBurns posted:

an entire thread of goons defending vice. color me shocked.

Things that didn't happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

ItBurns posted:

i think we need to intervene on you for your goddamn illiteracy

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Vice puts out some good poo poo. I'd say the ratio of good poo poo to actual poo poo is like 1:5

Except for Noisey. Everything about Noisey is complete dogshit. I literally get embarrassed trying to read it.

Also, Balls Deep is a p. good show, and most of Thomas Morton's reports are good.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Jesus christ you guys use Vice all wrong! You tab to it while waiting for important poo poo to load(like dust II in CS:GO), quickly read whatever article, tab back to CS, get some headshot, then go out to party and use the vice article to strike up a fairly decent millenial conversation and then get laid. It's like you guys are old or something.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Zombiepop posted:

Jesus christ you guys use Vice all wrong! You tab to it while waiting for important poo poo to load(like dust II in CS:GO), quickly read whatever article, tab back to CS, get some headshot, then go out to party and use the vice article to strike up a fairly decent millenial conversation and then get laid. It's like you guys are old or something.

hahaha the classic sex haver posting style who was your dojo master?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

RIP Matthew McGrory but it's good to see he had a son.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

hahahahahaha

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

ItBurns posted:

a goon that can't read 1.5 pages of a thread before uncontrollably shitposting, color me shocked

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Flawless, like a diamond

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

This is majestic.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
note: i stole that from someone on twitter, i have 0 talents

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Hot Karl Marx posted:

note: i stole that from someone on twitter, i have 0 talents

aw

voting 1 on my own thread now

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
dat fuckin waluigi tho

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
you are right, so I voted two instead :)

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

jesus that's good

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Shaquin posted:

hahaha the classic sex haver posting style who was your dojo master?

ask men dot com

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Jack slack does a really great job. The rest of it is like, iffy.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

Isaac posted:

If you want a real brutal documentary watch Africa Addido.

You see a film crew getting killed. A the only ever footage of this african genocide. Camera footage of a car driving un circles around an execution where theres bullets flying through the windows. Mass elephant slaughter. Its loving brutal. I think its all in italian but the narrator has this real calm werner herzog vibe. Its an inctedible doco.

I like how that documentary shows nothing but misery and death until they get to Cape Town, where it's nice, orderly, and full of white people

BeatSetRadio
Dec 5, 2004

Hey Sandy! Do you want to listen to some indie music with me? Perhaps we can read Pitchfork together?
There's a new Netflix show called Documentary Now! starring Bill Hader and Fred Armisen that parodies Vice pretty well in the 2nd episode. The other episodes are pretty good too, I think.

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
One of is eyes is migrating to the side of his face

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

BeatSetRadio posted:

There's a new Netflix show called Documentary Now! starring Bill Hader and Fred Armisen that parodies Vice pretty well in the 2nd episode. The other episodes are pretty good too, I think.

They're all good, but it's a lot better if you've seen the originals they're riffing on.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Rape Stink posted:

Vice puts out some good poo poo. I'd say the ratio of good poo poo to actual poo poo is like 1:5

Except for Noisey. Everything about Noisey is complete dogshit. I literally get embarrassed trying to read it.

Also, Balls Deep is a p. good show, and most of Thomas Morton's reports are good.

I only know bout noisey from the youtube vids. some of htem are good like the one with dean ween

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer
Wait, can no one tell the difference between Vice Magazine Articles and Vice News Articles now?

Vice Magazine is terrible and Vice News is actually pretty interesting and awesome considering I don't see the BBC interviewing ISIS in Raqqa.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

HollywoodDialysis posted:

Wait, can no one tell the difference between Vice Magazine Articles and Vice News Articles now?
In the same way people can't tell the difference between Forbes the business organisation and Forbes the blog platform any idiot can write an article about videogames in.

Also similarly to people who can't tell the difference between TED and TEDx.

The Revenant
Feb 2, 2016

by Lowtax
I like the noisy video where chief keep rides a four wheeler in circles around a twink and gets dirt in the twinks boat shoes

Shuffleboard Shootout
Dec 26, 2006

Tsoukawhat?
The noisey and kenrick lamar video is pretty drat good

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
That "Documentary Now!" episode is great. Pretty understated too

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

Isaac posted:

The Ambassador by Mads Bruggers he starts with like 2milliom dollars and wants to be blood diamond kingpin. Half the people in the documentary are dead by the time the movie is done and he paid for the movie by selling the blood diamonds.

im going to get drunk and watch this

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Analytic Engine posted:

That "Documentary Now!" episode is great. Pretty understated too

"I think they melted your friends."

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

TheNightmanCum-eth posted:

"I think they melted your friends."

*Dictated but not read

Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe
Here's a good article on Vice by an actual journalist

http://thebaffler.com/salvos/the-vertically-integrated-rape-joke

It's cool that a subsidiary of Rupert Murdoch's media empire has found a way to leverage racist gonzo journalism into selling garbage to millennials.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i also spend most of my days trading gold stock or whatever

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Borneo Jimmy posted:

It's cool that a subsidiary of Rupert Murdoch's media empire has found a way to leverage racist gonzo journalism into selling garbage to millennials.

i like to give myself a good "baffler" every now andthen

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Borneo Jimmy posted:

"Actual Journalist" who writes for "Actual news outlet The Baffler".

Though legit this seems like a very in-depth article. I wonder if Joe Rogan has read this.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
the new vice cable channel seems to only be gay vacation shows and stuff about weed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

goatse.cx haver posted:

im going to get drunk and watch this

You wont be dissapointed

• Locked thread