Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i dunno, that sounds like a pretty good system to keep hysterical sadbrains from rushing into irreversible genital mutilation. if someone is dead set on sticking their junk in a blender, then they should be just as enthusiastic about it a year later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Al Cowens posted:

How do they check and enforce this? Are you disqualified as soon as the minder assigned to your case detects you pooping or farting? What if you're FtM and you fail to achieve a certain standard of stoicism

It's not a test, it's to make sure you absolutely positively want to be that gender. There's no policing, and it's a complete honor system.

No offense, but it's questions like that that are part of the problem. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were making a joke. :)

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
good thing we have a new trans thread it's been too long :bigtran:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Airborne Viking posted:

It's not a test, it's to make sure you absolutely positively want to be that gender. There's no policing, and it's a complete honor system.

No offense, but it's questions like that that are part of the problem. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were making a joke. :)

What problem? The problem that not everybody in society is bending over backwards to enable this mental illnesses?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

notZaar posted:

What problem? The problem that not everybody in society is bending over backwards to enable this mental illnesses?

you bumping this stupid thread is enabling your own mental illness

get help

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/03/high-school-boy-wins-all-state-honors-in-girls-track-and-field/

gj idiots

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

notZaar posted:

A sex change is a voluntery plastic surgery, are VA hospitals gonna start doing nose jobs and face lifts too?

body dysmorphia is a serious psychological condition, in this case treatable only by surgery.

for once the us military is ready to help mentally ill soldiers. too bad ptsd is less sexy and in the news.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

quote:

He won fifth place in the 100-meter dash and third place in the 200-meter. In both events, he competed against girls as young as ninth grade

:lol:

H.H posted:

body dysmorphia is a serious psychological condition, in this case treatable only by surgery.

It's like slapping a bandaid on the problem, and it doesn't actually help once the euphoria of the change wears off.

My Q-Face fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 6, 2016

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

H.H posted:

What no there's lots of other treatments and surgery might not have very good outcomes at all

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe the army should also start paying for supplements and steroids for body builder vets in that case, after all they also aren't happy with their bodies.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

notZaar posted:

Maybe the army should also start paying for supplements and steroids for body builder vets in that case, after all they also aren't happy with their bodies.

yes please

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
yes maybe they should :colbert:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
as an anorexic with body dysmorphic disorder i want the army to pay for skeletal shaving

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
i like that top military brass is becoming focused on social justice and inclusivity instead of things like shoring up our national defenses and eradicating ISIS

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
anyone who joins the military is mentally ill anyway so this is a step in the right direction

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

i like that top military brass is becoming focused on social justice and inclusivity instead of things like shoring up our national defenses and eradicating ISIS

same, those last two things that you mentioned we tried last decade and didn't work so well

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

My Q-Face posted:

:lol:

It's like slapping a bandaid on the problem, and it doesn't actually help once the euphoria of the change wears off.

When all else fails, you might as well do it.
Better than having an armed suicidal transsexual on your hands.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

H.H posted:

Instead you end up with a mutilated armed suicidal transsexual. Big improvement.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

H.H posted:

Idgi is he less armed, less suicidal or less transsexual after the surgery

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Yeah, won't attracting them to the military make them, if anything, more armed and, from what we've all seen in the news, more crazy suicidal?

e: misread HH's post

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

they might figure out that their gender bent during their service.

a discharge will raise a ton of poo poo with the media, so I guess the brass figured this is the best recourse.

regardless of my personal stance on body reassignment surgery (i'm for it), bottom line is the military is doing this for the wrong reasons.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

H.H posted:

they might figure out that their gender bent during their service.

a discharge will raise a ton of poo poo with the media, so I guess the brass figured this is the best recourse.

regardless of my personal stance on body reassignment surgery (i'm for it), bottom line is the military is doing this for the wrong reasons.

Hah! "This guy's got a mental disorder straight out the DSM. Better just do whatever he wants so the media doesn't think poorly of us." *spends billions on stupid plane, murders poor people by the thousands*

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

Hah! "This guy's got a mental disorder straight out the DSM. Better just do whatever he wants so the media doesn't think poorly of us." *spends billions on stupid plane, murders poor people by the thousands*

the latter has no bearing on the former, you know that.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
No, I just meant it's silly to worry about media backlash from discharging someone for having some kind of gender dysmorphia, but not worrying about it from spending billions on boondoggles and pointless, devastating wars.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

No, I just meant it's silly to worry about media backlash from discharging someone for having some kind of gender dysmorphia, but not worrying about it from spending billions on boondoggles and pointless, devastating wars.

the people who declare war and major military operations (i.e the politicians) aren't the ones who decided this.

of course it's retarded, but there is a positive spin on interventionist wars in parts of the media, certainly in the case of the last two wars.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Serious Frolicking posted:

finally, i can get a second, larger penis grafted on. im keeping my old one too, because it still has sentimental value.

16th century jesuits believed the devil had a forked penis to dp female nonbelievers. Would be a dope body mod for doing dps.

Get 40 dongs like that space alien in the culture books.

Has anyone asked which head/latrine they'll use yet? This is apparently a real important issue in the civillian world alla sudden so the military needs to square away where theyll piss and poo poo too

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

TROONS = TROOPS
PLATOONS OF TROONS.
PLATROONS

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

H.H posted:

Lobotomies for transvestites is no longer socially fly. Medication and therapy are now the order of the day.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Give all trans people VR goggles that augment reality and gives them big knockers or obscures their penis from view and replaces it with a VR vagina.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

paco650 posted:

Lobotomies for transvestites is no longer socially fly. Medication and therapy are now the order of the day.

just cut their bits off to eliminate them from the gene pool

oh wait

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Severing Privates, Ryan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
I can't even imagine giving a drat either way tbh