Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
a double irish with a dutch sandwich, at least until 2020 when their graqndfather clause expires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
you folks clearly don't read conservative twitter bots, don't you know that Arizona Watermelon Iced Tea and Skittles are the main ingredients in the drug lean? St. Skittles aka Trayvon Martin bought this right before he viciously attacked one George Zimmerman

glowstick party tonight fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 18, 2016

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

This reminds me that I've been collecting Marlboro Miles for 10 years and I should redeem them.

Leonard v. Pepsico, Inc., 88 F. Supp. 2d 116, (S.D.N.Y. 1999), aff'd 210 F.3d 88 (2d Cir. 2000), more widely known as the Pepsi Points Case, is a contracts case tried in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York in 1999, in which the plaintiff, John Leonard, sued PepsiCo, Inc. in an effort to enforce an "offer" to redeem 7,000,000 Pepsi Points for an AV-8 Harrier II jump jet (valued at $33.8 million at the time) which PepsiCo had shown in a portion of a televised commercial that PepsiCo argued was intended to be humorous.

The claim alleged both breach of contract and fraud. The case was originally brought in Florida, but eventually heard in New York. The defendant, Pepsi, moved for summary judgment pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 56. Among other claims made, Leonard claimed that a federal judge was incapable of deciding on the matter, and that instead the decision had to be made by a jury consisting of members of the "Pepsi Generation" to whom the advertisement would allegedly constitute an offer.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

YeahTubaMike posted:

i bet this is one of those awesome things that they can't/don't sell in the united states for some reason

america is all about getting trashed off non-beer now. the aisles are full of alcoholic orange soda, alcoholic ginger ale, they even have alcoholic sparkling water now. get trashed off a sixer of alcoholic la croix

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

OctoberBlues posted:

I have never eaten spam either, it's actually kind of expensive considering what it is.

spam is good for one thing and thats diced up in teeny tiny cubes for fried rice, if you do it right your rice wont even have visible spam in it itll just melt away into a smoky piggy base flavor

its the hawaiian version of hamhocks in beans

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

eSports Chaebol posted:

Leonard v. Pepsico, Inc., 88 F. Supp. 2d 116, (S.D.N.Y. 1999), aff'd 210 F.3d 88 (2d Cir. 2000), more widely known as the Pepsi Points Case, is a contracts case tried in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York in 1999, in which the plaintiff, John Leonard, sued PepsiCo, Inc. in an effort to enforce an "offer" to redeem 7,000,000 Pepsi Points for an AV-8 Harrier II jump jet (valued at $33.8 million at the time) which PepsiCo had shown in a portion of a televised commercial that PepsiCo argued was intended to be humorous.

The claim alleged both breach of contract and fraud. The case was originally brought in Florida, but eventually heard in New York. The defendant, Pepsi, moved for summary judgment pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 56. Among other claims made, Leonard claimed that a federal judge was incapable of deciding on the matter, and that instead the decision had to be made by a jury consisting of members of the "Pepsi Generation" to whom the advertisement would allegedly constitute an offer.

Shoulda got Leonard a Harrier imo.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Feedback Agency posted:

You think that's bad? I get 2-liters of RC Cola and Mountain Dew for 99 cents a can. Where's the profit margin in THAT?

Insulin and Rascal scooter sales.

Linnear
Nov 3, 2010
When I was young, Arizona vs Snapple was a thing, and it was supposed to be the future of the beverage industry. Like people would throw away their unhealthy sodas for that most natural of drinks, the sugary iced tea.

Anywho, I tried this recently because it was brewed in an oak barrel, which makes everything better. It loving sucked because I could make this at home with some Lipton

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Tumble posted:

Corn syrup, but yea.

When I lived in SF I had a black friend who would smoke blunts, freak a Black and Mild, and drink Arizona ice tea (but only from the tallboy cans because they taste better).

He was a wise dude, that poo poo made for a great afternoon.

Why did he smoke a blunt AND freak a black n mild?

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jul 19, 2016

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
I live in BedStuy and the answer is (I'm not racist) black people

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

eSports Chaebol posted:

poo poo I actually remember this commercial.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Linnear posted:

When I was young, Arizona vs Snapple was a thing, and it was supposed to be the future of the beverage industry. Like people would throw away their unhealthy sodas for that most natural of drinks, the sugary iced tea.

Anywho, I tried this recently because it was brewed in an oak barrel, which makes everything better. It loving sucked because I could make this at home with some Lipton

It's for those people who hate orientals but still want the same lovely drinks

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
It's because it costs them a couple of cents per can and if they keep their prices stable whiles every odors is going up they're also undercutting competition

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Mustached5thGrader posted:

I live in BedStuy and the answer is (I'm not racist) black people

Why not roll two blunts dummy. Black n Milds are good and shouldn't be freaked. That's what blunts are for

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

dad gay. so what posted:

chinese labor / currency manipulation

I don't know if it's true for all of them but I saw "Made in Canada" on a tall boy can about 2 years ago.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Tato posted:

america is all about getting trashed off non-beer now. the aisles are full of alcoholic orange soda, alcoholic ginger ale, they even have alcoholic sparkling water now. get trashed off a sixer of alcoholic la croix

I've tried a ginger ale and a couple of root beers and they were all loving disgusting.

Also people seem to forget how quickly trends repeat themselves, poo poo like this has been around for decades in the form of Mike's Hard, Smirnoff Ice, Zima, etc.
Same thing with Four Loko, back in my day we had Sparks which was literally the same thing except you had no expectations of it being drinkable since it was made and sold by loving Steel Reserve

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Slices of spam, pan fried, with scrambled eggs, between two slices of toast make a nice breakfast sandwoch

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

numberoneposter posted:

i bet a fried spam on rye bread with saurkraut and mustard would be good

kind of like a reuben
you may be on to something.

one of my favorite meals -

sliced spam, fried to crispness on the outside but still soft inside
scrambled eggs, peppered
(ripe!) plantains, sliced and fried til golden
hunk of freshly-baked wheat breat
lemongrass tea, sweetened with condensed milk

fuckin bliss.

have that for breakfast and you feel like going out and wrasslin bears

The Bananana posted:

Slices of spam, pan fried, with scrambled eggs, between two slices of toast make a nice breakfast sandwoch

ayyyy

buttcrackmenace fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 19, 2016

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Linnear posted:

lol people were like "this sugar water is healthy because :shrug: "

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i liked their arnold palmers but lately the only ones I can find around me are the 'lite' ones and they taste like poo poo in comparison

oh well

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

i liked their arnold palmers but lately the only ones I can find around me are the 'lite' ones and they taste like poo poo in comparison

oh well

the Lite ones are half the sugar of the normal ones, try one of the totally sugar-free ones sometime if you've ever wondered what regret and sorrow taste like

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Volume posted:

99 cents a can? Where's the profit? What kind of razor thin margins are they playing with? There has to be some money laundering schemes going on.

i think its S A D B O Y S that keeps them going

other than that im p sure they water it down and make the cans longer to make it look like you get more but it probably has the same volume as a can of coke

im not gonna :goonsay: ab out fl oz but if someone did unironically so I can mock you that would be awesome thanks in advance :allears:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

drunk asian neighbor posted:

the Lite ones are half the sugar of the normal ones, try one of the totally sugar-free ones sometime if you've ever wondered what regret and sorrow taste like

I like the sugar free ones. :(

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Lastgirl posted:

i think its S A D B O Y S that keeps them going

other than that im p sure they water it down and make the cans longer to make it look like you get more but it probably has the same volume as a can of coke

im not gonna :goonsay: ab out fl oz but if someone did unironically so I can mock you that would be awesome thanks in advance :allears:

I mean I don't think "a can of Coke is 12 fl. oz. and a can of Arizona is 24 fl. oz., as prominently displayed on their labels" really counts as :goonsay: but whatever you say boss :allears:

OctoberBlues posted:

I like the sugar free ones. :(

You poor, poor bastard.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

I mean I don't think "a can of Coke is 12 fl. oz. and a can of Arizona is 24 fl. oz., as prominently displayed on their labels" really counts as :goonsay: but whatever you say boss :allears:

lol look at this nerd actually read labels

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

realtalk sucralose (Splenda) and Stevia are the true kings of zero-calorie sweeteners, I can't friggin stand aspartame or saccharin

Lastgirl posted:

lol look at this nerd actually read labels

you are just adorable :glomp:

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 19, 2016

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

The blueberry tea is pretty awesome, but I can never find any in stock. OK, bye.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

you are just adorable :glomp:

:blush: ty

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
stevia

for steve, by steve

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Arizona tea tastes like poo poo and nobody would buy it if they weren't cheap and in a hurry

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Mozi posted:

stevia

for steve, by steve

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Back in high school I was mowing the yard and my dad gave me his barely touched Arizona sweet tea. I chugged it because I was parched. Not long after I realized why my dad didn't want to finish it, that poo poo is sickly.

One can of sweet tea is three servings, each serving is 23g of sugar (69g total heh)

that's roundabout 30 sugar cubes per can.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i watched a georgian make sweet tea once and he dumped sugar in until it wouldn't dissolve anymore then boiled the mixture so he could supersaturate it with more sugar and then he added the tea bags and then iced it down

it was pretty harrowing just to watch him dump that much sugar in

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Yea Arizona brand sweet tea doesn't come close to real southern sweet tea. I wonder how it, and Arizona, stacks up to Bojangles sweet tea.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Moridin920 posted:

i watched a georgian make sweet tea once and he dumped sugar in until it wouldn't dissolve anymore then boiled the mixture so he could supersaturate it with more sugar and then he added the tea bags and then iced it down

from your avatar i assumed at first you mean you were visiting tbilisi or something

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
They can survive cause they sell that poo poo for nearly 2 € here op.
Making ice tea at home is so loving difficult.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nywEwS6xitY

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

this poo poo was goood

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

man nurse posted:

this poo poo was goood
i bought the vanilla cream soda one and it was pretty alright, but it was worth it for the can alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat

man nurse posted:

this poo poo was goood

Used to be able to peel off the Arnold Palmer label to find Shaq's face underneath. Guess not everyone felt the same.

• Locked thread