Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar posted:

Why are they bad?

They are against absolute monarchy and organized religion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'm in the 1% and I can personally guarantee you that there are no secret societies around that dictate the direction the world is taking. Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are the only true powerplayers around, the most powerful people in this world for sure

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Zzulu posted:

I'm in the 1% and I can personally guarantee you that there are no secret societies around that dictate the direction the world is taking. Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are the only true powerplayers around, the most powerful people in this world for sure

What kind of 1%er can't even afford an av? :grin:

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

OctoberBlues posted:

old money is wise money although even $10 for a forums account seams a bit like vanity spending

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Fnord.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

OctoberBlues posted:

I have commissioned an AV from that guy with the dog avatar but he refuses to finish it for me

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
The wealthiest people ever aren't colluding to steer policy, politicians and conflict to their mutual benefit or anything like that.

Yea ok they've been doing it since last century but it's a crazier world now

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Toadvine posted:

The wealthiest people ever aren't colluding to steer policy, politicians and conflict to their mutual benefit or anything like that.

Yea ok they've been doing it since last century but it's a crazier world now

Pretty sure they have been and their fruits are TTP, TTIP, and TISA which thankfully are falling apart in negotiations and in ratification

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Toadvine posted:

I mean they are but they don't all agree with each other on what their mutual benefit is exactly. Plus there's def rich people out to screw other rich people. They're still human with all the faults and weaknesses that entails.

If it was that locked down those free trade agreements would get pushed through with 0 peeps from anyone.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Trans Tracific Pipeline :confused:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Aw gently caress.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

I mean they are but they don't all agree with each other on what their mutual benefit is exactly. Plus there's def rich people out to screw other rich people. They're still human with all the faults and weaknesses that entails.

If it was that locked down those free trade agreements would get pushed through with 0 peeps from anyone.

The lower rich are free to squabble over their pittance while the truly wealthy are very much influencing policy, buying sympathetic politicians, and violating all of mother nature's orifices for their own prolonged profit

Edit: free and global trade is the way of the world now. Just because one measure or another didn't pass unanimously don't assume that the global elite haven't gotten drat near everything they wanted to maintain their growing fortunes

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 30, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Toadvine posted:

The lower rich are free to squabble over their pittance while the truly wealthy are very much influencing policy, buying sympathetic politicians, and violating all of mother nature's orifices for their own prolonged profit

but again you assume the truly wealthy all agree with each other on what the best course of action is, or that like billionaires from the USA wouldn't gently caress billionaires from China over in a heartbeat if it meant more $$$ for them.

they're all influencing policy and wrecking the environment yeah, but only because it is profitable to do so; not because they are a secret society colluding to do those things together.

Toadvine posted:

Edit: free and global trade is the way of the world now. Just because one measure or another didn't pass unanimously don't assume that the global elite haven't gotten drat near everything they wanted to maintain their growing fortunes

you're really giving them too much credit. it's just the class war, not a conspiracy.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Moridin920 posted:

but again you assume the truly wealthy all agree with each other on what the best course of action is, or that like billionaires from the USA wouldn't gently caress billionaires from China over in a heartbeat if it meant more $$$ for them.

they're all influencing policy and wrecking the environment yeah, but only because it is profitable to do so; not because they are a secret society colluding to do those things together.

you're really giving them too much credit. it's just the class war, not a conspiracy.

:yeah: the problem with wealth inequality isn't that the oligarchs are all evil geniuses, it's because they're stupid monkeys wielding a disproportionate amount of power. This was the exact same problem with monarchy.

I can't believe the left hasn't figured this poo poo out yet.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Spoken like a true middling.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
We need a revolution! WE NEED TO STAND UP AND FIGHT FOR OUR FUTURE

*plays pokemon instead*

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dreddout posted:

:yeah: the problem with wealth inequality isn't that the oligarchs are all evil geniuses, it's because they're stupid monkeys wielding a disproportionate amount of power. This was the exact same problem with monarchy.

I can't believe the left hasn't figured this poo poo out yet.

pretty much yeah

Sunset
Aug 15, 2005

This is just all very bizarre, but in a way where you feel like you're sort of just along for the ride. Either my brain popped a screw loose or this reality did! If there were to be a variety of powerful corporations, political/power structures, celebrities and other life out there that were these Illuminati types, there would still be every opportunity for them to make galactic history by bringing it all together in beautiful harmony.

Still pushing lots of love waves out there to those possibly real Illuminati and not-Illuminati. Bizarre is beautiful. I'm probably crazy.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
^^^^^ lay off the speed and the weed for a few days and you'll probably get better. If not consult your Worldwide Mad Deadly Communist Gangster Computer God Jew Kosher Bosher Doctor With Master Race Frankestein Radio Controls representative ASAP.

Kevin Trudeau, well known for his infomercials selling his fraudulent mega memory program, coral calcium pills, and fraudulent book of cures "they" don't want you to know about has claimed to be a former member of the illuminati. He also says he can get you in for a thousand bucks. How exactly he could get you in when he's supposedly a former member in poor standing is beyond me, but I guess that's why I'm not in the illuminati.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I know mummification and hieroglyphs. Can I get in pro rata?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i feel like if the Illuminati was real they wouldn't just accept any random gently caress with $1000

e: bros we should start the Illuminati and then charge people for membership. what's gonna happen some Bavarians will get mad?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Moridin920 posted:

i feel like if the Illuminati was real they wouldn't just accept any random gently caress with $1000

Shut up thats my bank!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

No poo poo, I just want to see how many times I have to use the words Kevin Trudeau and fraud and total weirdo possibly a chomo and he was raped by Roy Cohn in the 80's and he liked it in a post before he subpoenas my name from Lowtax and tries to sue my broke rear end.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Moridin920 posted:

e: bros we should start the Illuminati and then charge people for membership. what's gonna happen some Bavarians will get mad?

I have it on good authority you'd die in a series of unrelated accidents. I could sure use a thousand dollars though.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
After a lot of research, I've found out that the sisters of everyone's parents secretly run the world through an organisation called The Illuminauntie.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I dated a girl whose father was in the Illuminati. He threatened to suck my dick if I ever told anyone but that was years ago and there's no way he could get out here anyway

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I think he was lying and just wanted to suck my dick

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Man this is like when you think back on high school and Samantha was always asking what you were up to that weekend and you just said "nothing" and you only just realized she wanted you to ask her out

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

the illuminati doesn't exist

the mafia does not exist

racism does not exist

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Mandator does not exist

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Illuminati doesn't exist as an organization but as a symbol for people who are actually running things/influencing things via money.

Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump would both be considered Illuminati because of the vast amounts of wealth and influence they have.

Also David Icke's Lizard People are just a stand in for rich sociopaths.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Fried Watermelon posted:

Also David Icke's Lizard People are just a stand in for rich sociopaths.

That's not what David Icke says. He seems pretty goddamned literal about the whole thing. Also he has admitted to hearing voices.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
imo it's kinda disappointing the Illuminati doesn't exist because it really is a badass name

what other organization's name is that good

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Nigmaetcetera posted:

That's not what David Icke says. He seems pretty goddamned literal about the whole thing. Also he has admitted to hearing voices.

He's playing the long game

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

imo it's kinda disappointing the Illuminati doesn't exist because it really is a badass name

what other organization's name is that good

La Cosa Nostra

Trilateral Commission

Bilderberg Group

4H

The Mickey Mouse Club

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Nahh idk they don't carry the same Latin prefix meanings or whatever

Mickey Mouse Club is pretty menacing though

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

Nahh idk they don't carry the same Latin prefix meanings or whatever

Mickey Mouse Club is pretty menacing though

Google "Mickey mouse club Illuminati" I fuckin dare ya

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

seems legit

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

MY MAiN GOAL iS TO BLOW UP AND THEN ACT LiKE i DONT KNOW NOBODY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reasonerr
Oct 8, 2009
Is it bad that I've always kind of thought of SA as being a weird sort of internet version of an Illuminati?

We stand united by our :10bux: for the betterment of... well no one really, let's be honest here.

• Locked thread