Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
he can create a multiple-pages gbs thread from a single 1-sentence op

that's pretty impressive, I think

H.H fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Sep 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
So can Dare.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

yeah, but inri is not a schizophrenic, so it's less of a sideshow and more of a calculated troll.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I kind of feel like if you spend the whole day calculating how to act like a boring loser you actually are a boring loser.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
TAKE THIS SIDEBAR OFF TO QCS, FUCKOS. This thread is about smanch Armstrong a dude so rad he divorced his normal wife for Sheryl crow ON THE SPOT

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

true. but that's fyad in a nutshell.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Prince posted:

TAKE THIS SIDEBAR OFF TO QCS, FUCKOS. This thread is about smanch Armstrong a dude so rad he divorced his normal wife for Sheryl crow ON THE SPOT

I like that he raised 500 million dollars for cancer research and anyone who cares about the integrity of cycling can suck a big ol' ding dong. Dude's a loving hero.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Iron Prince posted:

2 things:

1. I mistakenly posted in qcs once. it was a mistake, it least it led to a funny krusty img.
2. Sheryl Crow is hot and talented, I don't know if I would do what he did but I'd certainly consider it.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I like that he raised 500 million dollars for cancer research and anyone who cares about the integrity of cycling can suck a big ol' ding dong. Dude's a loving hero.

~lance serious post inbound~

I don't disagree. He did a lot to contribute to cancer research and awareness. I don't even hate him after the doping poo poo came out. Maybe someone will correct me but I'm pretty sure doping doesn't turn you into some kind of Athletic God, so even with the edge winning seven straight Tours is still a goddamn feat, imo.

drat shame they took all that away from him when he was a powerhouse who was legitimately dedicated to using his celebrity to fight cancer.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I'm pretty sure doping does give you a huge advantage in cycling, but everyone does it so who gives a gently caress, lol

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Prince posted:

~lance serious post inbound~

I don't disagree. He did a lot to contribute to cancer research and awareness. I don't even hate him after the doping poo poo came out. Maybe someone will correct me but I'm pretty sure doping doesn't turn you into some kind of Athletic God, so even with the edge winning seven straight Tours is still a goddamn feat, imo.

drat shame they took all that away from him when he was a powerhouse who was legitimately dedicated to using his celebrity to fight cancer.

He beat like 19 other roided up dudes, so suck it pansies; USA.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Thing is Lance was only able to do that because he cheated. If he had never cheated, he would have never had that fame and that money would have to have been raised by someone else. And hell, if he'd cheated and owned up to it that would still be great - after all, cheating is rampant in cycling. There's no way that would have caused him to fall from grace the way he did. The problem was, he spent nearly all his time arrogantly trashing, badgering and harassing people who called him out for cheating, to the point where he ruined some people's careers and possibly lives. He did this shamelessly, and even when he got caught/"confessed" he never properly addressed the people he trashed or made a genuine apology.

Let's also not forget he had to lose his own balls before he gave even the tiniest of shits about cancer, or any kind of charity, even when he first got wealthy. He falls some paces short of the word "hero."

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

KomodoWagon posted:

Thing is Lance was only able to do that because he cheated. If he had never cheated, he would have never had that fame and that money would have to have been raised by someone else. And hell, if he'd cheated and owned up to it that would still be great - after all, cheating is rampant in cycling. There's no way that would have caused him to fall from grace the way he did. The problem was, he spent nearly all his time arrogantly trashing, badgering and harassing people who called him out for cheating, to the point where he ruined some people's careers and possibly lives. He did this shamelessly, and even when he got caught/"confessed" he never properly addressed the people he trashed or made a genuine apology.

Let's also not forget he had to lose his own balls before he gave even the tiniest of shits about cancer, or any kind of charity, even when he first got wealthy. He falls some paces short of the word "hero."

When the game is rigged, only a fool would play by the rules. Lance rules, gently caress you boyscout.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

He beat like 19 other roided up dudes, so suck it pansies; USA.

lol exactly. you're a bitch Jan Ulrich.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Lance Armstrong won those races while only half the man of his competitors. Really makes you think.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lance Armstrong raped and murdered a young girl in 1990.

Pudding Space
Mar 19, 2014
"So our roided-up guy beat your roided-up guy." - Bill Burr

I'm all for cutting edge drugs and unethical medical procedures on athletes. I want to see freakish performances that push the envelope of what augmented and drugged up humans can do. If they die young, so what? That's the price of sporting glory. These are shaved apes with a narrow window for physical glory, in pointless activities that don't advance the species in any way. Let's bathe in their blood, and give the pharmaceutical companies the chance to dream big. It's win-win for everybody.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Pudding Space posted:

"So our roided-up guy beat your roided-up guy." - Bill Burr

I'm all for cutting edge drugs and unethical medical procedures on athletes. I want to see freakish performances that push the envelope of what augmented and drugged up humans can do. If they die young, so what? That's the price of sporting glory. These are shaved apes with a narrow window for physical glory, in pointless activities that don't advance the species in any way. Let's bathe in their blood, and give the pharmaceutical companies the chance to dream big. It's win-win for everybody.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

KomodoWagon posted:

I think he did a lot of good for the world

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

I think he did a lot of good for the world

what's your next race

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

lance armstrong raised a big fat 0 dollars and no cents for cancer research, moron

he raised hundreds of millions of dollars to go to parties on yachts and fly around on a private jet, sorry i mean, to promote cancer "awareness"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
oh no, lance cheated at Bikes

he has ruined the sanctity of Biking lol

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
What kind of depressed goon thinks it's not as good if you suffered through an affliction before striving to alleviate the same suffering of others

Do you also bemoan mothers who lost their children to drink drivers taking steps to reduce drunk driving

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I'm Crap posted:

lance armstrong raised a big fat 0 dollars and no cents for cancer research, moron

he raised hundreds of millions of dollars to go to parties on yachts and fly around on a private jet, sorry i mean, to promote cancer "awareness"

He founded Livestrong

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
livestrong did great things in helping survivors get back whole again. Shame they can't do as much as they used to

Lance was right to call out the doping agencies as the parasites they were, because the French couldn't tolerate such an embarrassing spanking at the hands of an arrogant Texan so they went above and beyond to find evidence of doping, including visiting him at home while his wife was in labor.

I'm a fan of Lance and I don't even care for cycling lol, he's honestly a good guy

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
his name was Armstrong, but it was actually his legs that were very strong. Anyone else find that peculiar?

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Zorodius posted:

his name was Armstrong, but it was actually his legs that were very strong. Anyone else find that peculiar?

comes in handy when you need to strong-arm a ho

stealin ur cool
Sep 5, 2016

by Smythe
gotta get them big arms if ur gonna sit at the table with TYLER

hes cool CUZZ HE SMOKES :D

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
imagine it turned out he has a twin who is an even bigger dick and that guys name is "vance" armstrong

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
Lance inspired many people to live.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
People are alive today because of what Lance Armstrong meant to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb72h8M5L8U

This is what Lance Armstrong means to me.

• Locked thread