Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best David Lynch project
Eraserhead
The Elephant Man
Dune
Blue Velvet
Twin Peaks (TV show)
Wild At Heart
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
Lost Highway
The Straight Story
Mulholland Drive
Inland Empire
Other (early short films, music projects, paintings etc)
View Results

• Locked thread
Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
http://youtu.be/snhiofL2Rh4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

cameo in louie

twin peaks is hot garbage

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I watched Twin Peaks (show) for the first time last year and anyone who thinks "this is a good show" needs to be shot in the sun

:same:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Blazing Ownager posted:

Are you kidding? Michael Bay knows where the fuckin' money is! He's no longer Mr. America military guy; he'd clearly be ordering Chinese, and use the whole spot to say how much he's always loved Chinese food.

transformers 8 brought to you by panda express

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

I think that watching robots have troubles is my favorite thing in the world.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ork of Fiction posted:

A person has a dream. They are startled awake by a nightmare. They go back to sleep and the dream is like the first dream, except that things are slightly different now.

The dream is Hollywood. What does it mean? I don't know. I think that things are what they are and what you feel is what it means.

Holy poo poo. You are in for an orgasm of understanding if you dig a little deeper into the clues of this movie. I envy you

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

Holy poo poo. You are in for an orgasm of understanding if you dig a little deeper into the clues of this movie. I envy you

crash course naomi watts comes to hollywood as a bright eyed starlet. She gets used and dumped by a rising actress. Goes home, goes to sleep, her brain goes haywire from this whole turn her life has taken, and she has a dream which attempts to reconcile this. In the dream, she is miss innocent AND miss best-actress... and she meets and helps a helpless person (really the actress who hosed her over). P. much every character in the dream is a character in her real life, only forced into a role change to help her deal with the belle-turned-bitch dichotomy without acknowledging the monster she's become. She wakes, wanders through the nightmare of a life she brought upon herself. Arranges to have said actress murdered by a hitman (note: this actually probably happened before the dream). Goes crazy with how quickly she heel turned from doe-eyed aspiring starlet to bitter murderer... kills herself.

Actually, I kinda see how "girl has a dream and is waken by a nightmare..." etc... explanation is right on. Nevermind. Well said.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Dune is a great movie. I know it's not true to the books, but it is a great movie. Let's fight.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

i rewatched all of twins peak like two weeks ago for the first time in years. i can see why some people don't like it because it's essentially lynch doing a soap opera with all that entails, but drat what a great show

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

1. Dune 2. Dune 3. Dune now close this loving thread!!

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

holy poo poo this is good

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
Dumbland and Rabbits are top 5 material IMO

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
Mulholland Drive and Twin Peaks are the best. Also Lost Highway is right there.

David Lynch is awesome. I really like his whole flickering lights motif that shows up in all of his movies.

I never watched Inland Empire though, is it worth it?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

twin peaks seemed like the most obvious but i went with blue velvet

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9ttrynQKyY

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wild at heart isn't the best thing in the poll but i'm surprised it only has a few votes

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Rush Limbo posted:

It's about the journey and the experience and not necessarily the destination.

years back i went to a david lynch film festival at this tiny independent theater in a tiny arizona town and was literally the only person to show up. i got to sit in an empty theater and watch inland empire by myself as i smoked spliff after spliff and trembled with dread and nausea and despair. best moviegoing experience of my life.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
also "the screenplay for one saliva bubble" should be in your poll op

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Drunk Nerds posted:

crash course naomi watts comes to hollywood as a bright eyed starlet. She gets used and dumped by a rising actress. Goes home, goes to sleep, her brain goes haywire from this whole turn her life has taken, and she has a dream which attempts to reconcile this. In the dream, she is miss innocent AND miss best-actress... and she meets and helps a helpless person (really the actress who hosed her over). P. much every character in the dream is a character in her real life, only forced into a role change to help her deal with the belle-turned-bitch dichotomy without acknowledging the monster she's become. She wakes, wanders through the nightmare of a life she brought upon herself. Arranges to have said actress murdered by a hitman (note: this actually probably happened before the dream). Goes crazy with how quickly she heel turned from doe-eyed aspiring starlet to bitter murderer... kills herself.

Actually, I kinda see how "girl has a dream and is waken by a nightmare..." etc... explanation is right on. Nevermind. Well said.

lol

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
well i watched dune and guess what

best drat david lynch movie ever

even has jack nance aka eraserhead in it as some kind of ? space guy ?

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
It has a sizable portion of the cast of Twin Peaks in it, plus Patrick Stewart. And Sting in a speedo. What's not to love?

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Lynch has been going deep, but now he's a lesbian.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Dune is goofy, sure, but the books are so goofy that it's the perfect fit.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
problem with dune is a narrator pops in and says some total non sequitor type poo poo that just leaves you more confused

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I'm totally making his quinoa recipe next week

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I "like" twin peaks. a show where an actor is made to interrogate an actual tree stump gets a pass no matter how bornig and lovely it usually is.

I like Dune unironically

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

Hell yes!

If Dumbland was in the poll I'd change my vote immediately!

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Allen Wren posted:

Dune is goofy, sure, but the books are so goofy that it's the perfect fit.

And for some reason Lynch's Dune is currently the only good interpretation out there.

:shrug:

I don't understand it, but I appreciate that he got somewhere in the vicinity of watchable.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

autoaim.cfg posted:

Hell yes!

If Dumbland was in the poll I'd change my vote immediately!

There's an "Other" option

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I think if you're going to open it up beyond his movies, Lynch's best work is his hair. The man has a drat fine head of hair.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Sucks that Inland Empire only has one vote, I think history will look back on it as one of the best movies of the 00s

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's Eraserhead.

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE
Holy Mountain

Alpha Man
Jun 23, 2010
The best David Lynch project is a short film titled "Lamp". He's a comedic genius.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

His rant about watching movies on an iphone with the apple jingle in the background

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

there are so many awesome things he needlessly added to dune like milking a cat and grody boils but patrick stewart holding a pug whilst leading a battle charge was my favorite needless addition

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh
Dune is his best movie but he's also overrated as a whole. Maybe it was so cool and weird 20 years ago but looking back, Twin Peaks and Mullholland Drive don't really do anything for me.

I'll take Cronenberg over Lynch any day of the week for weird 90's poo poo.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Wizard Master

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
rabbits the best because its like waiting for godot with rabbits

• Locked thread