Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Assist with the rescue of the living.

Those who have perished perished at the hand of our glorious God who I don't believe exists but noone has to know that, all their belongings are forfeit (take anything valuable and concealable).

I want to be an impious corrupt priest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I know this delay has gotten rediculous, but I've been job hunting and feeling generally stressed, and haven't been able to concentrate when I sit down to write. Things are looking up now, and like magic the update started to flow. Hopefully you haven't given up on me already

The Braintrust

You walk the broken streets of the town that was never really your home. You try your best to help, whenever you see chance to make a difference, but... you rarely see a chance to make a difference. You are no healer, you can just about tie a bandage, and the dead are beyond your aid. You say what prayers you remember over them, and try not to let the horror settle in. After all, this was Rerak's will. You spend the day walking amongst the village, moving rubble, wrapping wounds, and return to the temple filthy, exhausted, but still firm in the love of your god.

As you reach the temple, you are greeted by an unpleasant surprise. A loose group of villagers, walking and walking wounded, have assembled out front, clearly discontent. Well, of course they're discontent, but this seems to be a directed anger. Lem is speaking to them as you approach. "He is young still, an acolyte! You cannot think that he wanted this, much less caused it."

"He's cursed! Demon touched and Unclean!" shouts a voice from the crowd. "He was seen loudly praising Rerak for our misery!" calls another, to a loud assent and general unpleasant muttering. Lem is clearly taken aback, but recovers swiftly. "I am positive that is a misunderstanding. I have no doubt he was praying, but my acolyte would never take pleasure in this sorrow. See, here he is now, dirty and exhausted from helping those in need. Let him pass. The elders will be meeting soon, and we have work to be done." Lem gestures for you to get inside the temple, which is mostly undamaged. The crowd is still clearly angry, but has not yet made a move to prevent you entering the temple, although they remain between you and the door.

Now what?

Mithross fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 17, 2016

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Turn around and unleash some firebrand Rerak-and-Brimstone home truths on the crowd.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

AJ_Impy posted:

Turn around and unleash some firebrand Rerak-and-Brimstone home truths on the crowd.

Poke the angry bear.

• Locked thread