Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
white supremacy is bad and i am against it. racism is wrong and i am against it also. killing children is bad and wrong, don't do it. need some more correct opinions? stabbing isn't okay.

i am in favor of good emotions and positive feelings over negative emotions and unhappy feelings, WHENEVER possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
If Twitter don't give Lowtax a checkmark thing, but this guy has one, man... what a world.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Secular Humanist posted:

white supremacy is bad and i am against it. racism is wrong and i am against it also. killing children is bad and wrong, don't do it. need some more correct opinions? stabbing isn't okay.

i am in favor of good emotions and positive feelings over negative emotions and unhappy feelings, WHENEVER possible

said the guy with the silent majority avatar, sweating nervously

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Randarkman posted:

because that's what it's always been called along with tons of other similar-ish sports also known as football such as rugby that have been around for as long or longer than Association Football.

I'm sad Atlanta lost. drat the Patriots.

Fun fact, sports of this kind evolved from primitive peasant sports played with inflated pig bladders. These sports were called foot ball because they used a ball and were played on foot, differentiating them from sports enjoyed by the nobility, which were generally played on horseback and involved killing an animal of some kind.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

nigga crab pollock posted:

I remember a drunken rant from an old friend like five years ago about how if he ever met Tom Brady he would take the assault charge

fwiw this also will most assuredly carry a lawsuit in civil court with it if you injure him enough that it affects his athletic performance, to the tune of millions of dollars of lost earnings probably.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

jazzyhattrick posted:

Fun fact, sports of this kind evolved from primitive peasant sports played with inflated pig bladders. These sports were called foot ball because they used a ball and were played on foot, differentiating them from sports enjoyed by the nobility, which were generally played on horseback and involved killing an animal of some kind.

I'm enjoyin this fact RN. :c00l:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pawl posted:

For some reason people are having meltdowns about the result of a sporting event, claiming it was because of nazis or something? I don't know, let's just laugh at these idiots

Jesus loving Christ.

These people need to realize it's people of all religions, all faiths and all beliefs are already working together to do everything they can.. to destroy society and all progress made in the last multiple decades.

ED: The very last image seems to be a dude that just hates the Falcons though, doesn't really fit with the others.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Feb 7, 2017

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Strudel Man posted:

I think she might be middle eastern, considering the headscarf.

But yeah this is kind of baffling.

i only know because i had to google her to even recognize the name and she claims to be a black super power for protecting her people from the patriarchy

she is probably (suddenly) muslim because most college SJWs pretending to be more ethnic than they actually are have zero new ideas since malcolm x, and they forgot to even read that story til the part where he left the church and farrakhan had him murdered, and later admitted this on tape

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

extra stout posted:

i only know because i had to google her to even recognize the name and she claims to be a black super power for protecting her people from the patriarchy

she is probably (suddenly) muslim because most college SJWs pretending to be more ethnic than they actually are have zero new ideas since malcolm x, and they forgot to even read that story til the part where he left the church and farrakhan had him murdered, and later admitted this on tape

We really need new political faction terms, bad.

Right now there's nothing to separate people that believe in honest social equality for all people, which I consider myself and what we actually mean when we say SJW. It's like everything is rolling into two teams, left vs right/red vs blue, and ANYONE not conforming to their bullshit is the enemy.

A lot of people in my family have gone off the deep end on the right because of the deep end behavior of the left (The other day I heard "Well you don't see even the Trump people beating people in the street, so clearly, they must be the ones in the right"). I have always and still do believe in true equality but what we're seeing is "massive, massive, MASSIVE overcompensation for any perceived injustice, large or small" from both sides.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 7, 2017

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
This predates the Richard Spencer tweet:
The Woke Guide to the Super Bowl: If You’re Rooting for the New England Patriots, You’re Rooting for Trump

And I wish I could find the article that was titled something like "the Pats defeated the mainstream media" because it goes into how ESPN seemed to use Trump and Brady being friends to justify claiming that the Patriots are white supremacists or something.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
whats eskimo twitter's take on this issue?

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
American College Age Kids - you're really poo poo at picking things. But don't let this mounting pile of evidence prove anything.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Blazing Ownager posted:

We really need new political faction terms, bad.

Right now there's nothing to separate people that believe in honest social equality for all people, which I consider myself and what we actually mean when we say SJW. It's like everything is rolling into two teams, left vs right/red vs blue, and ANYONE not conforming to their bullshit is the enemy.

A lot of people in my family have gone off the deep end on the right because of the deep end behavior of the left (The other day I heard "Well you don't see even the Trump people beating people in the street, so clearly, they must be the ones in the right"). I have always and still do believe in true equality but what we're seeing is "massive, massive, MASSIVE overcompensation for any perceived injustice, large or small" from both sides.

i hear you and agree, i try to use the terms 'true left' and 'neoliberal' and most people know what it is i am expressing but some people are either dumb or complain that neoliberal of course has been applied to different variations of the movement before now

neo is a cool word because most of the bad kinds of people on the left who don't read don't know it just means new or in this context current or modern, and they would then be branded with a word they only use in the context of calling their neighbors neo-nazis on a daily basis, which would hopefully make them uncomfortable enough to cry but sadly not enough to make them go look up what words mean.

tldr: the left was the smart group for a long time but only remembered to dress smart and act smart, and forgot to actually read outside of their cell phone and sometimes computer facebook thing. this is bad for the true left and most directly for neoliberals themselves

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
let me tell you about the Browns

:suicide:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If anything this shows that white ppl can play sports too. Years of sports oppression and now people wanna complain when the white man get ahead. Jeez. :catbert:

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This is like Gamergate, Trump's Election and Hitler all over again!!!

If more muslim women of color were in charge like in Harry Potter and Star wars, this wouldn't have happened!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
when u say the superbowl is racist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu0QLLbrVVc

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009
$100 says the Superbowl next year will be Bucs/Bears

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

thomawesome posted:

lollll ill take that bet

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

thomawesome posted:

Seems pretty reasonable, for several reasons!

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

thomawesome posted:

I'll take this bet too. I'll even give you 1000 to 1 odds.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Tom Brady destroyed his cellphone.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

a new study bible! posted:

I can't even blame him for that, you know they would have leaked everything, he can't have his dick pics getting out. Insert joke about it being too big or too small depending on your fandom.

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009
Side bet-

$20 says Tim Tebow takes the Mets to the world series.

Additional $20 says it will be Mets/Rays

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

I bet he's gotta small one relative to his height. Like 10 inches or so. All of gbs has 12 inch dongs at least so just lol at Tom Brady

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Who did Bernie Sanders root for? That fucker is part of New England so he better be on #TeamBrady

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

thomawesome posted:

Side bet-

$20 says Tim Tebow takes the Mets to the world series.

Additional $20 says it will be Mets/Rays

Well that one's at least theoretically possible, I'll pass.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Harrower posted:

Didn't they do some reasonably thorough scientific test where they proved that loving with the ball pressure in minuscule amounts was actually measurably worse performance wise? Could have just been one of my fevered dreams though.

hahaha ball pressure

Nooner posted:

kindly suck poo poo directly from my rear end in a top hat

that's our nooner!

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

Arrhythmia posted:

said the guy with the silent majority avatar, sweating nervously

eat poo poo fuckman

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
people who think their ignornace of professional sports makes them morally superior are in fact more morally depraved than mister tom brady as he rear end traffics his brazilian supermodel wife wearing all five rings with fresh white sheets on their king size bed

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

anyone who calls football "handegg" or "sportsball" or some other stupid poo poo is a goddamn dork

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

a new study bible! posted:

Tom Brady is paving the way for white people in sports. :catstare:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

football is bad and belongs in the trash

idgaf which sport you call "football" because its true for all of them

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

SlipkPIe posted:

OP it was probably because this was making the rounds:

Richard Spencer is controlled opposition

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

Tom Brady turned me gay

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I wonder if making it so that constantly and vocally wishing death and suffering upon white people is considered acceptable and cool has somehow contributed to the current rise of white nationalism. Like in that clip of richard spencer there is a protester in the background carrying a huge sign that says "White Lives Matter Too Much". I can't help but think that there might be some sort of connection.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Moon Atari posted:

I wonder if making it so that constantly and vocally wishing death and suffering upon white people is considered acceptable and cool has somehow contributed to the current rise of white nationalism. Like in that clip of richard spencer there is a protester in the background carrying a huge sign that says "White Lives Matter Too Much". I can't help but think that there might be some sort of connection.

no

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Moon Atari posted:

you know white supremacy isn't something that got invented in 2015, right

sillyloquy
Dec 4, 2008
I'm from Boston.

After the first game of the season I was accosted by a local white at the bus stop while reading the sports section of a newspaper. He told me "Our blacks can still beat their blacks!"

Richard Spencer is also from Boston.

The evidence is insurmountable that everybody in New England is worse than anybody from loving Georgia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TheSpamalope posted:

I really don't know why it's called football and neither does the rest of the civilized world.

It's a historical distinction between rich people sports like hunting and polo that were done on horseback and poor people sports that were played on foot, gently caress you uncle bevan who insists only soccer is 'real' football you woggy gently caress

• Locked thread