Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

garfield hentai posted:

my friend's a swim coach and once he started moving up and becoming well known within his circles his higher-ups told him he needed to make a social media account or else parents would think he the reason he was trying to move up professionally was to molest kids

lmfao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
jimmy saville was well known for his flamboyant facebook

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Don't FB, don't twitter don't pinterest none of that poo poo. Off the grid man.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Information securitywise, it's best practice to delete your Facebook, use a different password everywhere, and change your usernames, given name, address, and social security number regularly.

Oh and don't even touch a phone, or let your face appear in any photos

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dead gay internet forums however, are like the Somali coast-- no one asks and no one cares.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Neutrino posted:

There was this dude that worked for me and he'd have serious problems following rules. Like not showing up at work or calling for days at a time. We eventually let him go but for shits and giggles I looked for him on Facebook. He has a publicly viewable account with tons of shared stuff about smoking pot.

I know a guy who called in sick to work and then an hour later posted a video to snapchat of himself taking a huge bong rip. Unfortunately he had his boss on there who saw the video and fired him for it because he was one of those guys that calls in sick about once a week and this was the last straw. Apparently he tried to convince the boss that he was “medicating” but he just told him to gently caress off and wasn’t having any of it.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I find less is more for FB. I stay friends with people I actually know, and if I don't see them or speak to them IRL after a couple of years I usually unfriend them or at least unfollow them to stop getting updates about their life. I have less than 100 friends, and for me that is more people than I care to keep track of.

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting
I killed myself for the privacy benefits

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Facebook isn't great but I'm forced to use it topromote stand up shows

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
No, but by using a throwaway facebook account I was able to figure out the passwords of two of the three H.R managers, by using pictures.

Housenumber + childs DOB

One was password3232 because they didn't edit out the post it note.

The third H.R manager just had the default thing to keep her name as THE ONE FACEBOOK NAME.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I still have a Facebook but it lies neglected like everybody else's.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

HELLBITCH posted:

I killed myself for the privacy benefits

Stay safe privacy ghost

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)

Rock Puncher posted:

it's all about the linkedin

no one cares about facebook except seeing if you are unemployable

I saw an episode of the today show where they were advertising makeup, which is probably something they do a lot idk. So they had this lipstick on display; the tube is a golden prism, suspiciously shaped like that thing in the men in black. It is a color red such that is encoded deep in the male animal brain, confusing all higher thought. It costs exactly $100 for some reason.

Then they move over to the lipstick that appears to be just red, packaged into scrap tubing contracted from a pipe manufacturer in Cleveland. This is Facebook.

Facebook is linkedin for poor people so they don't feel left out and can still feel dignity despite being herded into a mental stockyard.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
I use facebook to look at meme pages and shop for used car parts. :hellyeah:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Facebook is cool and good for organizing events joining activity sport and social groups and also for encouraging existing friends to develop common interests.

Seriously dealing with people who don't have Facebook is almost as annoying as dealing with people who still don't have a smartphone.

So quit your whining get a Facebook post in it sparingly and just unfollow or unfriend boring people that poo poo up your feed with crap.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

EvilJoven posted:

Facebook is cool and good for organizing events joining activity sport and social groups and also for encouraging existing friends to develop common interests.

Seriously dealing with people who don't have Facebook is almost as annoying as dealing with people who still don't have a smartphone.

So quit your whining get a Facebook post in it sparingly and just unfollow or unfriend boring people that poo poo up your feed with crap.

or you could just call me and not be a snooty rear end suck bitch reliant on social media.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
I tried and that didn't work. It accused my of impersonating myself ... somehow, and they asked for a photo so I sent them my passport photo (as their namesake suggests). It was not me apparently? Either way I filed a police report just in case. Total waste of time.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Lime Tonics posted:

or you could just call me and not be a snooty rear end suck bitch reliant on social media.

I bet you leave voicemails rather than texting or Facebooking people. I can guarantee you that if you're that guy you're being excluded from events because people are sick of your poo poo.

You may as well be demanding invitations by letter mail or telegram.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

EvilJoven posted:

I bet you leave voicemails rather than texting or Facebooking people. I can guarantee you that if you're that guy you're being excluded from events because people are sick of your poo poo.

worse, i rsvp

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005

EvilJoven posted:

I bet you call people and don't leave voicemails. loving scum.

Actually to be fair text works but at least hang up first.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
My VM greeting literally tells the caller to text email or FB me rather than leaving a message, unless they're incapable of doing so.

You're drat straight I don't leave voicemails.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Facebook is great if you have social circles larger than whatever the limit is on the number of people you can text. Like 10 or whatever.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

EvilJoven posted:

organising anything on facebook requires that people log into it every day or even regularly. Only people you don't want to hang out with do that.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Rock Puncher posted:

organising anything on facebook requires that people log into it every day or even regularly. Only people you don't want to hang out with do that.
Nah the app alerts you if someone mentions/messages you or is interested in an event near you. Maybe a new feature. It’s a great tool for learning about what’s happening around you without always having to visit a dozen of “cityevents.com” type sites that cater to specific event types.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
In the past year I've used facebook to participate in bike races camping and fishing trips hunting excursions hikes board game events and all sorts of other cool poo poo that was p much exclusively organized via facebook. If I didn't have facebook I probably wouldn't have even known about these events. Hell, every social event I attended this weekend, a bike race next weekend, and a camping trip the weekend after were or are all being organized on Facebook.

Facebook is good, even though some people poo poo up the feed with memes and crap. If you don't like Facebook it's probably because you have too many friends on it that spend too much time on Internet bullshit and not enough time actually going out and doing things. Just unfollow those people.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
lol if you enjoy being physically or virtually in the presence of other people

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
Just talk to people ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

dougdrums posted:

Just talk to people ??

No

• Locked thread