Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

While judgement results are still being processed, we do have some comments from our judges. This contains the first seven. Next post will have the rest.

CHAIRMAN KAGA

Bobby Flay posted:

Heck of a first impression you made for this challenge, and I don’t just mean with your theatrics! Your flavors are on point. I get the heat from the peppers without burning my tongue off. And the the cheese? I don’t use sheep’s cheese a lot, but that with the mushrooms go nicely with these hot hot habaneros. But personally, this is pretty solid without them.

Mario Batali posted:

I disagree with that. These peppers really needed that cheese, something to give it body… It’s not my style of food, but I can taste a lot of flavor besides the spiciness. I don’t need to reach for a drink every time I take a bite out of it, and that’s a wonderful thing.

Cat Cora posted:

I think there could’ve been more spices in the filling. But this is pretty well doneI can imagine having this on a Saturday night with a beer and watching the Super Bowl.

Chef Boyardima

Bobby Flay posted:

This is a pretty solid dish all around, but I can’t taste the shallot. Not sure if it needed to saute a little longer.

Cat Cora posted:

You also can’t taste the shallot either? I think something went wrong while you were cooking them. But it doesn’t hurt your tacos at all. The fish is great and works so well with the lime juice. Good char, all the juices are in place, it’s like a rush of flavor in my mouth.

Mario Batali posted:

Shallots aside, everything else is good and we can all agree that there’s something here that we all like. Both Bobby and Cat love the fish and the char you put on it, and I enjoy the jalapeno and cilantro.The cilantro’s a tricky herb to work with, and people tend to add more than there should be. Not on here though. It’s a great image you gave us and you captured that part of SoCal nicely. Nice job.

EAT PUNCHBEEF

Cat Cora posted:

I love angel food cake, but this seems more like a fallen angel to me. It’s tough to dig my fork into. And it’s very dry. If we can ignore the cake, everything else tastes nice and smooth.

Mario Batali posted:

I think the cake’s overdone too, but not as badly as your making it out to be. It’s still sublime to taste, and if it had just spent less time in the oven, the texture would be perfect.

Bobby Flay posted:

Hold on, I need water. Every time I take a bite of this cake I need to wash it down. ahhh... There’s very little moisture in it, and it's badly needed.
Frying Cookerman

Mario Batali posted:

This is comfort food. Really good comfort food.

Bobby Flay posted:

Is that all you have to say? This is more than just good comfort food. Southern food doesn’t get much credit. And there’s a lot to love about this dish! Juicy, warm, everything complements the pork.

Cat Cora posted:

Well, I think we know you like it Bobby. Well, you’re not wrong. You really nailed the pulled pork. Everything else you did also goes really well. Perhaps if you added something a little extra to work with the pork it could make your dish even better.

Home Ec 3rd Period

Mario Batali posted:

Che bono! This is a well done classic. Everything’s cooked to perfection, except for the garlic.

Cat Cora posted:

I didn’t taste any garlic either. But the tomato sauce more than makes up for it. And the meatballs, cooked to perfection.

Bobby Flay posted:

Pretty good, but needs a little more pizzazz. If you’re going to win this tournament you’re gonna need to take a dish like this to the next level.

Liquid Carmelization

Cat Cora posted:

I believe you when you say that not an ounce of flavor was wasted in making this dish. There was a lot of moving parts in that recipe, but you pulled it off! I can taste the ribeye, the bread goes really well with the broth. Everything comes together. Not a whole lot else you can do to take it over the top.

Mario Batali posted:

Say Bobby, could you take my turn. I want to take more time with this soup. It’s perfetto!

Bobby Flay posted:

Ha... Well, I can tell you that this made a very big impression on all of us. Bread is nice and crusty, the broth is on point, and the ribeye is perfectly cooked. Few people make this soup, let alone make it really well. Nicely done Liquid.

Marinade2Win

Cat Cora posted:

It ain’t often a dish like turtle is served. Something like a cross between veal and chicken. Also gets a bit chewy if not cooked right… None of that here though. Did a good job with your Fairy Breakfast.

Bobby Flay posted:

Alright, haven’t tasted turtle in a while either. Nice and warm, got a good cruch to it. The eggs are pretty to look at, but not sure if they were that needed. I mean chicken eggs and quail eggs basically taste the same.

Mario Batali posted:

You’ll have to forgive my fellow Councillors. I can safely say you knocked this out of the park. If nothing else this has been the most unique dish in this challenge. And it tastes heavenly.

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

This contains the Judges' comments for the remaining six chefs.

Mystery Chef X

Bobby Flay posted:

Good thing Alton isn’t here, or he’d freak out about someone using the Ice Cream Machine. But thankfully this went off without a hitch. Skin’s crispy. Ice cream’s sweet. That’s a good first meal for the challenge!

Mario Batali posted:

We’ve got our first ice cream, and it’s thankfully delicious. I wanna dig into it some more with my spoon, mix the ice cream with a little more chocolate and the crispy outside. It’s a really fun dessert you made.

Cat Cora posted:

This tastes really high-end and looks like it would fit in one of Bobby’s restaurants. It’s the kind of dish that you’d pay full price for. Don’t know what more you could add to it, but it’s pretty delicious already.

Prawn Po’Boy

Mario Batali posted:

That’s a trick people need to remember: alway fry your noodles after boiling them. They always turn out better afterward and this is no exception to that rule.

Cat Cora posted:

The flavor for the noodles is on point, but the pork takes this dish. That said, I think your dish could use a little more spice. Simplicity is good, but in this case you could’ve get away with more.

Bobby Flay posted:

Cat’s right. Everything about your dish is fine, but there could be a lot more to it, like some veggies, or peppers to add a little sweetness or refreshing quality. A little more... something.

Spicer425*

Mario Batali posted:

I can’t see anything wrong with it. It’s a bit on the filling side for me. Really glad to have the asparagus there. It’s so underappreciated these days.

Bobby Flay posted:

Well, I think you utterly nailed this dish. Meatloaf’s the king of comfort food, and your dish proved it justice. Your parents knew what they were doing when they made that recipe. And the potatoes, cooked to near perfection. Just missing some spice.

Cat Cora posted:

I think it’s good as it is Bobby. A little on the dry side, but it doesn’t need more spice.

The Chicret Ingredient

Bobby Flay posted:

You know, I tasted the garlic first before anything else, but that doesn’t hurt your dish.

Cat Cora posted:

Besides the excess of garlic, this is surprisingly light for a stew. The lamb and other ingredients come through after the pungence, but this needs something. It tastes more ‘dressed up’ than you’re advertising it. Perhaps try keeping it simple.

Mario Batali posted:

I do hope cooking with garlic isn’t going to be a recurring problem. It’s not that hard to mess up getting the garlic taste. That said, everything else comes together, and I don’t understand what their problem is with your ‘Revolt.’

ThrmalImmrsionCirculatorMastr

Cat Cora posted:

Something’s wrong with your sous-vide. Seemed like somebody punched a hole in it. Tasted watered down.

Mario Batali posted:

Your sous-vide needs more work, But this is a great dish. It’s a good classic with a strong flavor without it being overpowering.

Bobby Flay posted:

This hasn’t been a great first impression. Your pork’s good, but I think you can do a lot better.

Weener Batter

Cat Cora posted:

That’s a lot of ingredients in your dish, but I think you needed a little more peppers and onions. I didn’t get a lot of flavor in my dish. Apart from that you’ve hit every other mark on it. Tastes great, Your prawns and fish take center stage and the rice is just right in doneness.

Bobby Flay posted:

This is a meal that could warm any house! Buttery, savory, if only the peppers came though and this would be perfect. As it is, this is pretty close.

Mario Batali posted:

This is so delicious I’m going to steal your recipe! Your seafood is cooked to perfection, I just wish there wasn’t as much pepper and onion in my bowl.

:siren:An update on our tournament. Mystery Chef X AKA The Iron Chef [TOWN CHEF] has resigned from the competition.:siren:

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

“The Judges Have Made A Decision. They Have Picked A Clear Winner, And We Have Three People On The Chopping Block.”

The blue spotlight focuses on one chef at a time.

”Chef Boyardima… You Survive To Cook Another Day....”

”Home Ec 3rd Period… You Survive To Cook Another Day...”

"Liquid Carmelization… You Survive to Cook Another Day…"

”Marinade2Win... The Judges Were Impressed With Your Dish. They Have High Expectations And Look Forward To Seeing You Surpass Them… You Survive To Cook Another Day...

"Prawn Po’Boy… Your Simplicity Has Earned You The Judges Respect… But They Want To See More From You… You Survive To Cook Another Day."

"Spicer425*... You Came A Long Way To Kitchen Stadium.... You Have Not Won the Challenge... But You Survive To Cook Another Day."

"ThrmalImmrsionCirculatorMastr… Your Sous Vide Failed… But The Rest of Your Dish Made Up For That. It’s Because Of That Crucial Detail…

That You Are The Winner of This Challenge. You Are Given A Choice Between Immunity For Next Challenge, Or Mastery”

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

The Spotlight Turns red as another chef finds themself under its glow.

”Weener Batter… You Survive to Cook Another Day...

The spotlight moves in a slow pattern among the remaining chefs before finally landing on…

”EAT PUNCHBEEF… The Angel Food Cake Was A Devil…. Your Flavor Though Saves You From the Chopping Block… You Survive To Cook Another Day.

The Spotlight grows to encompass the remaining three Chefs.

"Frying Cookerman… The Chicret Ingredient… CHAIRMAN KAGA… This Means You All Are On The Chopping Block… For One Of You, Your Journey To Kitchen Stadium Ends Here..."

*_*_*_*_*

tldr:ThrmalImmrsionCirculatorMaster has won, and Cookerman, Chic, and KAGA are On the Chopping Block. All players privately vote for who you want eliminated from the game.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Judges Score:

ThrmalImmrsionCirculationMastr - 120
Spicer425* - 112
Marinade2Win - 112
Liquid Carmelization - 110
EAT PUNCHBEEF - 109
Prawn Po'Boy -108
Weener Batter - 106
Chef Boyardima - 104
Home Ec 3rd Period - 97
CHAIRMAN KAGA - 94
Chicret Ingredient - 89
Frying Cookerman - 89

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Hi there! Anonymous Idiot here to inform you all that the decision to privately vote has been overturned. You can publicly vote on the thread for who you want to see eliminated from the game. You have 24 hours to vote.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
This post is not a vote, just a discussion:

Learning towards voting MMM because he won his challenge so has a mastery over us and also spent the least money on his dish of the three up for elim making him the most dangerous of those.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
The Kayfabe re-asserts itself.

Kaga...

A dangerous foe.

It would take persuasation to not remove him.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
That's sound reasoning. Any arguments for the others?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Jon Joe posted:

Learning towards voting MMM because he won his challenge so has a mastery over us and also spent the least money on his dish of the three up for elim making him the most dangerous of those.

This reasoning actually sucks, because I cooked the dish of my life and still ended up in the bottom 3. Your idea is that I'm a threat because I gained a mastery, but it still wasn't enough to make my dish good enough despite making no clear mistakes in cooking.

I also spent all my money! I didn't use one of the ingredients I bought, Tuna, but that's it, I've got one floating ingredient I can carry into another round.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It's also a bit of a folly to suggest I'm more dangerous because I spent less, many of the people not on the chopping block spent the same amount or less than me and produced much better dishes. Without a grasp on how the evaluation mechanics work, there's nothing to really say that simply more purchasing power will result in producing better dishes, especially if the chef in question already sucks.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

”Marinade2Win... The Judges Were Impressed With Your Dish. They Have High Expectations And Look Forward To Seeing You Surpass Them… You Survive To Cook Another Day...

Thank you so much! :peanut:

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Hi there! Anonymous Idiot here to inform you all that the decision to privately vote has been overturned. You can publicly vote on the thread for who you want to see eliminated from the game. You have 24 hours to vote.

Mari stops in her tracks, having apparently not stopped to read the full set of rules. Off in the distance, a record scratch can be heard.

Wait... we're voting people out? :sadpeanut:

Jon Joe posted:

Well that's not fairy nice!

I'm confused - if Kaga has food mastery over us, doesn't that mean he deserves to be here more?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

So I checked the numbers to see if what JJ was saying is true.

It is, I only spent 30 coins on my dish, while FL and Chic both used a whopping 32. That's it. It's a 2 coin difference.

Additionally, even though I spent less money on my dish I used more coins than them. I have no coins remaining, while FL has 9 and Chic has 13. I'm not going to go out and claim that this is a wild distinction that should threaten you, but the versatility of having 13 coins is probably at least as useful as having a Tuna worth 15. If the next challenge is themed in a certain way for instance, I may not be able to use my Tuna at all. It could also go the other direction, the next challenge might not allow for purchasing and I would have an advantage (although using meta here, that feels pretty harsh for the second round)

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
What do FL and Chic have to say?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ultimately I guess I feel like this choice is going to be fairly arbitrary. You have 3 cooks that probably aren't very good consider people with obvious mistakes beat us and there's not a lot to go off of in the first elimination. You can discuss whatever justification you want to throw stuff out there but it's really all just going to be a veneer you're throwing over your vote to make it seem better.

I guess of the three of us Chic is the only one who made a mistake while cooking, so she probably has the highest potential, but I know that's garbage "anybody but me" reasoning and I won't pretend it isn't. That any of us are here while the guy whose sous vide failed won and the person who made a dry cake that the judges disliked beat us means we probably had it rough from the start.

So to offer an actual incentive to not vote for me:

I will take a video of me eating the uncooked food of your choice if you do not vote for me.*

Onions, bell peppers? I'll eat it all!

*Must be something safe to eat while raw, or if not raw, the state I might purchase it in a grocery store

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm confused - if Kaga has food mastery over us, doesn't that mean he deserves to be here more?

It's more like a vile arcane sigil grafted to his skin than any real ability.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

OK I'm gonna break character for a bit, since the character I've set up kind of makes it hard to make a case for myself considering the whole "silent mystery chef" thing.

I don't want to go home - let me be clear on this upfront. I want to keep cooking in this competition. I think, ultimately, for this first vote when most of us didn't/don't really grok all of the mechanics yet it should be more of a choice of "who would I, personally, like to keep playing with" rather than "this chef is dangerous". That's just my two cents, though. It's hard to accurately predict who'll be a threat in the future with the small amount of information available to us.

As for the dish I made, did I put too much garlic in my stew? DEBATABLE. Tastes vary. The judges clearly thought so, though I think it's delicious when I make it like that IRL.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I’m not voting MMM out Day 1, purely because of how he wanted to play Popcon and couldn’t (my opinions about that game in general aside), and he’s been chatty about game mechanics in the challenge channel.

As for the other two, Chic has at least showed up to defend herself. If FL doesn’t do the same my vote will be on him at EOD, and if he does speak up then I’ll revisit.

Voting itself is a weird mechanism to build into this game because even though there’s a scum faction we have very minimal capacity for scum hunting at this time. We’ll see if that changes as the game progresses.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Hey fellow chefs. I didn't want to end up here! I just wanted to come in and cook, and I hope that you'll see your way clear to letting me do that some more despite my poor showing here. If not, well, I guess at the very least maybe I've shown that tasty cooking doesn't always have to be a lot of flashy preparation. :)

Weener Beater
May 4, 2010
I will vote flying cookerman. The point differences are minimal. I'll go by participation?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Podima posted:

I’m not voting MMM out Day 1, purely because of how he wanted to play Popcon and couldn’t

Don't do this please.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Look at the SCORES! KAGA did BETTER, so he DESERVES TO BE HERE MORE! Introducing POLITICS to COOKING is the kind of SHAMEFUL WEAKNESS we CANNOT ALLOW! I am SORRY, FRYING COOKINGMAN but you'll just have to PACK YOUR KNIVES AND GO!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm going to ##vote Frying Cookerman because one time I bought him breakfast so I don't have to feel guilty about this food related misfortune I am bestowing unto him.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I'll be voting KAGA.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Taking mastery and voting FL.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Votecount
Frying Cookerman - 3 votes: Lord of Hats, MMM, Circlmastr
CHAIRMAN KAGA - 1 vote: Jon Joe
The Chicret Ingredient - 0 votes

Weener Beater
May 4, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Votecount
Frying Cookerman - 3 votes: Lord of Hats, MMM, Circlmastr
CHAIRMAN KAGA - 1 vote: Jon Joe
The Chicret Ingredient - 0 votes

I think I had one for Frying Cookerman.....My typing error

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
mean :(

Weener Beater
May 4, 2010
You all do understand that the ingredients and cooking methods have no impact on our scores and reviews don't you?
The Puppet Masters of this game base their scoring on In-game name letter count, posting frequency and a pre-game ordered ranking based on pulling slips of paper from a hat.

This is actually a cruel social experiment. Its a study to correlate assumed in real life personality type with in-game behavior. Assessing things like

-dedication/effort in the game . Complexity of posts, attempts to probe the underlying "scoring system", are they "bought in", Creating a Rich Character
-social play, dynamics. Are you a leader? A follower? Reaction to set backs. Teams/Groups/Alliances, Good Guys/Bad Guys,
-Reaction to Stress. Deadlines, Setbacks, Strange Game Mechanics, Social stress, In game challenges/tests

Its all very clever actually

Play On!!!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Weener Beater posted:

You all do understand that the ingredients and cooking methods have no impact on our scores and reviews don't you?
The Puppet Masters of this game base their scoring on In-game name letter count, posting frequency and a pre-game ordered ranking based on pulling slips of paper from a hat.

This is actually a cruel social experiment. Its a study to correlate assumed in real life personality type with in-game behavior. Assessing things like

-dedication/effort in the game . Complexity of posts, attempts to probe the underlying "scoring system", are they "bought in", Creating a Rich Character
-social play, dynamics. Are you a leader? A follower? Reaction to set backs. Teams/Groups/Alliances, Good Guys/Bad Guys,
-Reaction to Stress. Deadlines, Setbacks, Strange Game Mechanics, Social stress, In game challenges/tests

Its all very clever actually

Play On!!!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Weener Beater posted:

Its a study to correlate assumed in real life personality type with in-game behavior.

:peanut:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jon Joe posted:

I'll be voting KAGA.

Not gonna even bother responding to his systematic dissection of your reasons for voting him?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

Not gonna even bother responding to his systematic dissection of your reasons for voting him?

:allears:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Sick pic tho

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Jon Joe posted:

Sick pic tho

:respek:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
##vote Chicret Ingredient

Gut.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

The red light shrinks until one chef remains.

"Frying Cookerman... You Will Not Be The Next Food Network Star."

Then darkness.

:siren:Frying Cookerman, AKA Team Chef Alpha [TOWN CHEF] has been eliminated from the competition.:siren:

Blue light starts to shine upon the remaining two chefs.

"Take This As A Learning Experience For Your Next Challenge... Farewell... Till Next Time We All Meet Again"

Your next challenge will be announced tomorrow at 11:00PM Eastern Standard Time. Be ready. Things start to change.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
The blue specters drifted down from the rafters and landed on either side of Frying Cookerman. Gently, kindly, they took him by his shoulders as a soft golden light enveloped him.

"Brave Chef, Your Time In Kitchen Stadium Has Ended. You Will Be Returned Now. To The World Outside. Never Forget The Lessons You've Learned, The Friends You've Made Or The Cuisines Mastered."

The light grew blinding until only the silhouette of Frying Cookerman could be seen. As the light reached its peak and began to dim, the silhouette was gone. The Specters removed their hands from the absence of Frying Cookerman.

"Go In Peace." They intoned in harmony, straightening their ties.

Their otherworldly gazed returned to the current inhabitants of Kitchen Stadiums.

"Chefs! It Is Our Duty And Honor To Welcome You To The Second Round Of The Tournament. You Have Shown Us The Beginnings Of Your Culinary Journeys. Beautiful Stories Of Beautiful Meals. We Thank You Most Sincerely. The Next Chapter Of This Culinary Saga Will Move Past Your Humble Beginnings And Into Your Bright Futures.

"For Round Two Chefs, We Ask That You Feed Us Your Aspirations. Please Cook A Dish That Demonstates How You've Grown, And What You're Growing Into. Show Us How Your Culinary Tastes And Mastery Have Maturity Since The Beginning Of Your Journey."

The Spectres point at the Grocery Between Worlds, the void still calmly spinning behind the judges table. "You Will Only Have 30 Gold Coins To Spend This Round, But The Door Between Worlds Remains Open."

Three new silhouettes stand from their place behind the judges table, taking their place in the light. You discern ...

Masaharu Morimoto, bowing humbly with a playful wink as he reassumes his honorable posture.

Alton Brown, practically bouncing into the light before casting his dignified ponderous gaze on Kitchen Stadium.

Guy Fieri, head alight with glimmering frost, wings resplendent and glistening.

The Blue Specters clap in perfect unison. "Our Honorable Judges For This Round Will Inspect Your Dish And Critique --"

"Spectacu-Roni! You guys are doin' an absolutely stellar job. Five-O guys! Five-O!" Fieri screams from the judges table. The Blue Specters seem genuinely unsettled, for the first time in the competition. "We got a saying in Flavortown. 'Radical, Daddy-O'. It speaks right to the cold dead place where my heart used to be, and it makes me think of cereal! So This Round, out of the kindness of my heart, I've got a gift. For EVERYONE!" A terrible chill overtakes Kitchen Stadium as black fire erupts from the floor at Fieri's Feet. He reaches into the abyss and you hear the shouting of children. When he retracts his arms it is covered with tar and clutching a pristine box of sugary children's cereal.

"I got a box for everyone! Everyone gets a box! EVERYONE GETS A BOX!!" The lights go dim for a minute, heavenly light obscured by the suddenly phantasmagorical voice of Guy Fieri, eyes alight with inexplicable red fury. "So have fun everyone and be sure to use this with your dish! I can't way to see what you awesome people can do!"

"Umm ... Guy," The voices pipe up in unison. "This Is ... Most Out Of The Ordinary."

"DO NOT QUESTION ME SPECTRES, YOUR KIND IS FRAIL, BLIND AND TASTY WITH HOT-SAUCE!!" He beats his terrible wings only once and a ghastly breeze overwhelms Kitchen Stadium. The Blue Specters are taken by the wind and slammed headlong against the wall. They fall to the ground rather more solidly than a specter should, casting fearful eyes at Guy as they straighten their ties in unison.

"... Yes Lord Councilor." They say in harmony, heads cast low.

Two additional chefs enter the battlefield to attend to the specters. Rachel Ray is the first to their aid, helping one of them up. Bobby Flay appears shortly thereafter, offering his hand to the second specter. It takes a moment but, the Blue Spectres regain their composure and walk again to the center of the Kitchen while Bobby and Rachel stand aside, casting grim resentful looks at Guy.

"You Have Your Orders Chefs." The Specters Intone.

Challenge Two Begins ... NOW!

_*_*_*_*_

TLDR:

Judges: Masaharu Morimoto, Alton Brown, Guy Fieri.

Interfering Councilors: Bobby Flay and Rachel Ray. Rachel Ray is accepting ingredients. Bobby Flay has not taken any direction or provided any instruction.

This round you have 30 gold to spend in the Grocer. You have also been given sugary children's cereal and are required to make use of it in your dish.

Please cook something that shows how your talents have progressed since you began cooking and what your current culinary passions are.

Deadline in 72 Hours.

KhediveRex fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Aug 28, 2018

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

The Grocery Between Worlds

Beef

Prime Rib ---- 20
Ribeye --- 15
Sirloin --- 15
Tenderloin --- 12
T-Bone Steak --- 12
Veal Cutlets --- 12
Lengua (Tongue) --- 10
Brain --- 10
Ground Beef ---6

Pork

Ham --- 15
Tenderloin --- 12
Pork Chops --- 12
Ribs --- 10
Ground Pork --- 6
Cracklin' (Skin) --- 6

Poultry

Duck --- 12
Emu --- 12
Chicken --- 10
Turkey --- 10
Duck Liver --- 10
Goose --- 10
Pheasant --- 10
Chicken Hearts --- 6
Turkey Skin --- 6
Pidgeon --- 6

Seafood

Lobster --- 20
Tuna --- 15
Salmon --- 12
Cod --- 12
Geoduck --- 12
Octopus --- 12
Crab --- 12
Caviar (Roe) --- 10
Prawns --- 10
Langoustine --- 10
Oyster --- 10
Mussels --- 6
Squid --- 6
Sardines --- 6
"White Fish" --- 6

Eccentric

Bear Steak --- 15
Horse Steak --- 15
Venison Steak --- 12
Buffalo Steak --- 12
Lamb Shank --- 12
Lamb Chop --- 12
Goat Shank --- 10
Goat Chops --- 10
Whole Rabbit --- 8
Whole Snake --- 8
Whole Iguana --- 8
Whole Turtle --- 8
Whole Possum --- 6
Frog Leg --- 6

Fruits

Pineapple --- 6
Watermelon --- 6
Durian --- 6
Orange --- 4
Apple --- 4
Banana --- 4
Strawberry --- 4
Blueberry --- 4
Peach --- 4
Pear --- 4
Plum --- 4
Lemon/Lime --- 4
Kiwi --- 4
Grapefruit --- 4

Vegetables

Good Mushroom (Any) --- 6
Brussel Sprouts --- 6
Eggplant --- 6
Kale --- 6
Pumpkin --- 6
Habanero Pepper --- 6
Cauliflower --- 6
Asparagus --- 6
Squash --- 4
Broccoli --- 4
Cabbage --- 4
Lettuce (Any) --- 4
Onion --- 4
Leek --- 4
White Mushroom --- 4
Bell Pepper --- 4
Jalapeno Pepper ---- 4
Garlic --- 4
Shallot --- 4
Green Beans --- 4
Okra --- 4
Corn --- 4
Carrots --- 4
Celery Root --- 4
Tomato --- 4
Zuchinni ---- 4

Starches

Fresh Bread --- 8
Cashews --- 8
Panko --- 8
Oatmeal --- 6
Almonds --- 6
Noodles (Any) --- 6
Garbanzo Beans --- 6
Lentils --- 6
Yam --- 4
Potato --- 4
Sweet Potato --- 4
Rice --- 4
Kidney Beans --- 4
Sandwich Loaf --- 4
Barley --- 4
Quinoa --- 6

Dairy

Creme Fraiche --- 8
Dark Chocolate --- 8
Milk Chocolate --- 6
Quail Egg --- 6
Goat Cheese --- 6
Blue Cheese --- 6
Sheep Cheese --- 6
Ricotta --- 6
Mozzarella --- 6
Cottage Cheese --- 4
Pepper Jack --- 4
American Cheese --- 4
Chicken Egg --- 4
White Chocolate --- 4

Exotic

Truffle --- 10
Juniper Berries --- 8
Mint Paste ---8
Wasabi --- 8
Sugar Cane --- 6
Lemon Grass --- 6
Artichoke --- 6
Edamame --- 6
Water Chestnuts --- 6
Jam (Any) --- 6
Rhubarb --- 4
Peanut Butter --- 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Prawn Po'Boy is gifted a Blessed Potato from Martha Stewart.

Chef Boyardima is gifted Blessed Wasabi from Martha Stewart.