Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Jen X posted:

It's crazy how Blizzard keeps talking about the horde not being synonymous with evil, and yet their leadership regularly commit warcrimes

Garrosh Hellscream was #NotMyWarchief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
all I know about warcraft was on a south park episode I watched 10+ years ago

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Toalpaz posted:

Oh man I remember my Molten Core group (a raid which is a 40 person dungeon) taking shifts to watch the episode because all of us were in different time zones.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Thrall was good

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

WoW players need to check their privilege. The raidriarchy means their culture is backed by institutions of power and assumed as the default, while minorities who can't give a poo poo have their interests and culture always marginalised and seen as the "other".

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

peramene posted:

also i am a human i just went to teldrassil you IDIOT

I don't believe you

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

WoW players need to check their privilege. The raidriarchy means their culture is backed by institutions of power and assumed as the default, while minorities who can't give a poo poo have their interests and culture always marginalised and seen as the "other".

The only reason you're not playing right now is because a) Ping to Australia is terrible and b) Because getting me addicted to cocaine means I can't spend money on Australia trips.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

The only reason you're not playing right now is because a) Ping to Australia is terrible and b) Because getting me addicted to cocaine means I can't spend money on Australia trips.

Oh just look at this scum, next thing he'll try and send me off to a "pray the free-to-play away" camp!!

##vote Nat

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Toalpaz posted:

I did not even see that episode so you are ahead of me

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

Non raiders should just pick themselves up by their bootstraps and become raiders. Non raiders have just as many opportunities (if not more) in this world. If a non-raider doesn't become a raider it's because they are lazy and don't want to put in the work.

(Jesus this is hard for me to type because it's so against what I believe :-D)

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 14, 2019

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
can we loving play already

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
https://webm.red/bob3.webm

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

peramene posted:

##pera no

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

peramene posted:

I have to do things like actually create coherent role PMs from the ridiculous bullshit I have now, then randomize roles, then do discord-y stuff, and only then get the game running.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Jen X posted:

I have to do things like actually create coherent role PMs

No you don't.

Jen X posted:

then randomize roles

All you need to do is pick my team, aka the winning team and you're good.

Jen X posted:

then do discord-y stuff

Nobody uses discord!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Please put Nat20 and I on same team

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Can I be in an unconfirmed Masonry with Sal please?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
You monster

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

Can I be in an unconfirmed Masonry with SalBif please?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm going to tell you a story, about a man who ruled his kingdom with an Iron Fist and did everything he can to hold the young talent down.

This man is a snake who can lie to you face to face and not even blink.

Ma Belle was feared throughout Mexico, during the Shine Wars of 2017 the snake Natural 20 bamboozled her for weeks leading to Ma Belle's final downfall.

Nat 20 not only is a snake, but is a bad mod. Nat, you are a bad mod and hosed me over, and I'm not going to stand for it.

I'm still not over the mental anguish you inflicted on me in Fate Stay/Night. The way you looked on and laughed as I blindly bumbeled my way to a loss still haunts me at night. I lost my innocence that game and you are the one to blame.

You made me into the shell of the man I am today, you are the reason I can't hug my son, you are the reason for the death of my innocence.

I challenge you Nat 20 to the ultimate Mafia duel. You vs. Me one on one. But this won't be any normal match no...no...I want to make sure you suffer!

I challenge you to a Dixieland Match, but unlike the last Dixieland match this one will have a Punjabi Prison cage, with an Elimination Chamber, with a Terrodome on top of it. The only way to win is climb over the top of the first cage, escape the Punjabi prison, have the official open the door to the elimination chamber and then escape through the top of the terrodome then get to the ramp on the top of the stage, climb the ladder and take the title of ultimate mafia player, but it won't be easy for you Nat20.

The cages can't contain my fury for you being a bad mod. It won't contain my fury for the mental anguish you've caused me in FSN. I will get revenge for Ma Belle, I will make sure you never run a game again, I will grind you down to your avatar, you will become the personfication of the snake you are. This will be the ultimate nightkill and no amount of bulletproof will help.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

:siren: IMPORTANT GAME INFO: :siren:

Many roles in this game involve levels. While some roles may ignore them, or have a different kind of progression, for most players, you level up every 2 nights, automatically. You may always use the powers of your previous levels, too, unless it conflicts with or is superseded by a new powerset.

gonna random the roles in a bit

I'll repeat this at actual daystart, feel free to chat still while I setup more

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

We already have one of those!

Wait who's Ma Belle?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
I'm sad that randomization means I can't be Che Guevara Barbie, more enlightened than you!!!!

But I'm going to pretend I'm Rinoa anyway so gently caress it

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Natural 20 posted:

Wait who's Ma Belle?

I don't know what you mean I clearly said Ma Ferguson

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Natural 20 posted:

Wait who's Ma Belle?

She’s got the ill communication

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
*raves*

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

:doomguygif:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

:doomguygif:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

this game was fun, thanks for running it

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I'm happier playing wow than modding a mafia game, but fine, it'll be up tomorrow and I'll skip any REAL flavor writing so that y'all can actually get to playing

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

this game was fun, thanks for running it

Is it too late to change my submission to the White Knight that Jen X obviously needs right now to defend her from this slander?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Jen X posted:

I'm happier playing wow than modding a mafia game, but fine, it'll be up tomorrow and I'll skip any REAL flavor writing so that y'all can actually get to playing

Don't make me roll horde on your server.

I will find you.

And I will gank you.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Natural 20 posted:

Don't make me roll horde on your server.

I will find you.

And I will gank you.

I'm very hard to gank

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

game... when?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

SolusLunes posted:

game... when?

:siren:

https://discord.gg/uZqPvnc

join this server, then as y'all join I'll shunt you into your personal channels to read and internalize your roles.

Once everyone's in, I'll start the game

:siren:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

:siren: A reminder: Unless your role says otherwise, you level up every 2 nights. So on D3, you reach level 2, on D5 you reach level 3, and so on. :siren:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

game... when?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

False start!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SolusLunes posted: