Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got Dr Bronner's peppermint body wash of something after seeing Chinatown mention it a few times. I like it but holy poo poo does it hurt my balls/taint. Like, he said it gets tingly but no. It burns.

I have a sensitive taint and it should be treated with respect.

edit: taint snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"Taint for me"
- Pennywise testemonial

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

don't die thread this has been helping me.

I personally love the Ring doorbell that I got last christmas. When I'm at work I can see who's at the door and even talk to them. As someone that lives alone its comforting to know when someone is at the front door.

I also really love my Blink wifi battery operated security cameras. They run off AA batteries and have lasted a year so far with no need to replace them. Really saves money and time on installing cameras and I can arm and disarm them with my phone.

I'd link to them but i think both have newer versions available on amazon and I dunno if they are as good, but i bet they are.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Nov 10, 2019

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Son of Rodney posted:

my parents gave me one last christmas and I was like "ok...a vacuum" but it owns hardcore

no more dragging the cord, no more lugging a vacuum behind me that gets stuck in random places, just vacuuming my entire apartment in 10 minutes

thank you dyson, very cool

Yeah a cordless vacuum has improved my life drastically.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I got Dr Bronner's peppermint body wash of something after seeing Chinatown mention it a few times. I like it but holy poo poo does it hurt my balls/taint. Like, he said it gets tingly but no. It burns.

I have a sensitive taint and it should be treated with respect.

edit: taint snipe

MY WIFE has sensitive skin, too. You should try the fragrance-free “baby” version of Dr. Bronners; it’s good.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The day baby bronners touches my taint over full strength "come to Jesus"strength is the day I surrender fully to the state

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I got a Breville electric kettle that motors the tea down into the water and then fishes it back out after a preset amount of time so I don’t have to sit there watching it like a poor person.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
If you're interested in electric kettles, make sure you get a variable-temperature one, so you can heat the water to the proper temperature when you're making coffee or tea.

Dredge
Mar 18, 2009

Pththya-lyi posted:

If you're interested in electric kettles, make sure you get a variable-temperature one, so you can heat the water to the proper temperature when you're making coffee or tea.

I got this Miroco Electric Kettle Temperature Control Stainless Steel 1.7 L Tea Kettle around 2 months ago. It loving rocks. 5 different temp settingsand boils fast as hell. Its as cheap as you are ever going to find it right now at 30 bucks after $20 coupon

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

bird with big dick posted:

I got a Breville electric kettle that motors the tea down into the water and then fishes it back out after a preset amount of time so I don’t have to sit there watching it like a poor person.

This is a very British post.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Second most cherished thing in my household apart from my coffee machine is an automatic milk foamer for cappuccino. I just put some milk in, press a button an presto, perfect foam.

I dragged my feet paying 30 bucks for something that only foams milk for a long time, but not I'm glad of it ever single morning.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Son of Rodney posted:

Second most cherished thing in my household apart from my coffee machine is an automatic milk foamer for cappuccino. I just put some milk in, press a button an presto, perfect foam.

I dragged my feet paying 30 bucks for something that only foams milk for a long time, but not I'm glad of it ever single morning.

I would have loving killed for one of these back when I waited tables, it's so simple and comes out beautiful.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Richard M Nixon posted:

Every time I see these, I imagine they were a thinly veiled excuse for housewives to get a masturbation toy since their husbands were too afraid of real ones. Then I think they probably just make you nauseous from being shaken so much. Can anyone weigh in?

The gyms in Japan have these things and they seem mostly like an extremely complicated way to jiggle you. If you need to have parts of your thighs, butt, or abdomen jiggled there is no finer product.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
The Panasonic FlashXpress toaster oven. If I had to choose between it and a microwave, it would win.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Burt Sexual posted:

This is a very British post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVmNboY14aU&t=139s

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I wouldn't ever brew anything in my kettle. Seems like it could stain it or leave leftover flavors behind. I only use it for water and then a vinegar solution to clean it every once in a while and then rinse it 10 times and do a few boiling cycles to get the vinegar out.

Dia de Pikachutos
Nov 8, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

...a vinegar solution to clean it every once in a while and then rinse it 10 times and do a few boiling cycles to get the vinegar out.

Citric acid [found with baking supplies in the supermarket] is dramatically more effective for kettle cleaning than acetic acid, and it smells a lot less objectionable too. Just throw a couple of teaspoons into a full kettle, bring it to the boil and rinse. Good as new.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Richard M Nixon posted:

Every time I see these, I imagine they were a thinly veiled excuse for housewives to get a masturbation toy since their husbands were too afraid of real ones. Then I think they probably just make you nauseous from being shaken so much. Can anyone weigh in?

It basically just jiggles you in a mildly vigorous manner. It'd be tough to masturbate with, but I suppose life finds a way.

Richard M Nixon posted:

My friend has a bug salt shotgun that he loves. It's just a little hand pumped compressed air rock salt thing but he always seems to have fun getting flies with it.

I bought these for my father and both of my brothers. It's important to note that they don't work well on hornets....

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Empty Sandwich posted:

It basically just jiggles you in a mildly vigorous manner. It'd be tough to masturbate with, but I suppose life finds a way.

I bought these for my father and both of my brothers. It's important to note that they don't work well on hornets....

For a 'harmless household item I can get off on' look no further than the spin clothes dryer, "spin yourself wet".

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
my immersion circulator (sous vide thing) loving rules and I use it all the time, I used to be god awful at judging times for things and nearly murdered my famil with undercooked meats, or disgusted them with overdone dry garbage, driving them further away from me

it turns out there is a better way

e. and I even have a no frills knockoff brand one from Amazon, no bluetooth or whatever, it just heats to a certain temperature and circulates water until I tell it to stop, still amazing

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
On Ebay you can get 100 magic eraser sponges for like $4 shipped. Cleaning my kitchen and bathroom has gone from something I absolutely hate to something that's done in 3-4 minutes.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Power-Tools/Fastening/Impact-Drivers/2656-22CT
1/4" battery impact driver. I use Milwaukee since I already have their batteries and charger, but the Makita brand might actually be slightly better according to AvE

All my life I always used mini drills and normal drills for screws and small fasteners and only used 1/2" and larger impacts for the larger fasteners. After building a yard shed in Summer 2018 using impact for the wood screws, never again will I go back to a drill for anything but drilling.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Ralph Hurley posted:

I got this goofy bug vacuum kids toy thing. I couldn’t find a picture of the exact one I have but it’s something like this.

Just because I don’t like to kill spiders. It sucks them into a little cup with a built in magnifying glass so you can check em out.

I have one of those, I took out the magnifying lense and added a high voltage charging circuit to it and a death grid. Basically like a vacuum powered bug zapper that runs of AA batteries. Good for getting bugs out of the window sill, they explode real good.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Applesnots posted:

I have one of those, I took out the magnifying lense and added a high voltage charging circuit to it and a death grid. Basically like a vacuum powered bug zapper that runs of AA batteries. Good for getting bugs out of the window sill, they explode real good.

This is some villian level gadgetry work. Nice.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Applesnots posted:

lmao what

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Applesnots posted:

:allears:

What other feats of engineering do you engage in?

Please tell us.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

FALLOUT 4 DLC looking good

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Applesnots posted:

What's your opinion on self made lumber mills? Or slowly killing a barn full of rats with carbon monoxide?

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
If Dr Bronners liquid soap dries out your skin too much try the bar soap. I switched to that and don't get any dry patches on my skin or anything anymore

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Applesnots posted:

Interesting. I prefer to relocate spiders rather than exploding them, but one time I caught a spider and saw a second spider so I sucked that one up too. What I didn’t occur to me is once they were in the chamber together, the bigger one would kill and devour the smaller one with shocking efficiency and speed. Spiders are cool.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Literally A Person posted:

:allears:

What other feats of engineering do you engage in?

Please tell us.

I just like to make things that nobody has made before. I have a birdhouse painted by a 1st grader that I installed a food processor on to and a motion detector to turn it on. I would NEVER use it though, just wanted to make it. So, lots of weird poo poo.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

What's your opinion on self made lumber mills? Or slowly killing a barn full of rats with carbon monoxide?

As long as I am not using the self made lumber mill I am all for them. I have killed moles with my cars exhaust taped to a garden hose that was stuck in their tunnels.

Ralph Hurley posted:

Interesting. I prefer to relocate spiders rather than exploding them, but one time I caught a spider and saw a second spider so I sucked that one up too. What I didn’t occur to me is once they were in the chamber together, the bigger one would kill and devour the smaller one with shocking efficiency and speed. Spiders are cool.

I dont kill spiders, they get free reign of my house. I like the little leggy buddies. They are helpful little roomies.

Applesnots fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 18, 2019

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Applesnots posted:

I just like to make things that nobody has made before. I have a birdhouse painted by a 1st grader that I installed a food processor on to and a motion detector to turn it on. I would NEVER use it though, just wanted to make it. So, lots of weird poo poo.

As long as I am not using the self made lumber mill I am all for them. I have killed moles with my cars exhaust taped to a garden hose that was stuck in their tunnels.

My man I really hope you're a professional exterminator because otherwise..

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Applesnots posted:

So, lots of weird poo poo.

Like what? Which one is most dangerous? When was the last time you got electrocuted?

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

The Walrus posted:

Like what? Which one is most dangerous? When was the last time you got electrocuted?

Never been electrocuted and I have been doing this for decades. As for the most dangerous, Hmm, A tie between the ashtray made out of pressed gun powder or the tazer in a baby sized Reebok shoe with a tv capacitor and a charging circuit in it, It literary melts flesh.

Ed: Arm mounted flamethrower is pretty dangerous too. Forgot about that one. Is been years

Applesnots fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 19, 2019

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Post the grover flamethrower

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Colonel Cancer posted:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Applesnots posted:

Never been electrocuted and I have been doing this for decades. As for the most dangerous, Hmm, A tie between the ashtray made out of pressed gun powder or the tazer in a baby sized Reebok shoe with a tv capacitor and a charging circuit in it, It literary melts flesh.

Ed: Arm mounted flamethrower is pretty dangerous too. Forgot about that one. Is been years

This is Wile E Coyote levels of stupid what the gently caress.

But on second thought it would make a great gift.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Post the groverthrower

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Colonel Cancer posted:

please

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Applesnots posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIU8WZR9DNA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.

Applesnots posted:

What the gently caress why???