Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
But it's the superior way to eat pancakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

But it's the superior way to eat pancakes

:argh:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm triggered by the phrase "roody tootie, fresh and fruity" please do not use it tia

DO NOT search for this phrase on urban dictionary while eating breakfast

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Someone said the link expired so this one shouldnt.

https://discord.gg/wSqTKNN

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I can’t talk in your discord but you can send out role PMs as people join

You don’t have to wait for everyone

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

PM's are going out! Thread will be closed until everyone has a role and votefinder is for sure good! We're just waiting on 6 people to start the game by joining discord and receiving their role.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Just waiting on Kitiara, Keane, OMG, and Cyouni.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

(We’re starting without Cyouni, I figure most people would enjoy getting this show on the road. Let’s be kind and give them some time! But we can start.)

An awkward silence fell as dinner was quickly finished and set aside, much to Gohda’s despair. Unfortunately the contents of the letter were on everyone’s mind, as it directly involved the content of the family conference. Social rank quickly fell apart as the insults grew more and more dire, the parents, children, and even servants gossiping and pointing fingers at who had the most to gain from such a threat.

Day 1 starts. We have until Tuesday 9pm Eastern to reach majority.

Town-Aligned wins when all threats to town are eliminated.

Scum-Aligned wins when they control the vote, and town has no recourse.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Hello.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im a miller.

also hi sal!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote steak

see you all day 2

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote steak name starts with M

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I don't want to vote steak yet because I think they are telling the truth.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Greetings to everyone, and to our mysterious 19th guest.

I agree that people should claim miller day one. In fact I will not believe a miller claim made after day one, so get them in now.

Toalpaz posted:

Many of you may be chosen as sacrifices for my revival. Therefor, at the start of the game day I will summarize who visited the victims of that night. This is my witch confirmed list, so you can trust that it follows the rules of my game perfectly. This is my method of giving you all a chance to learn the easy way that this is a game impossible to solve. When my chosen few complete the ritual I will be revived and all will be dead, we will meet again in the golden land. If you manage to find out the identities of my pieces... I suppose I’ll let you all off the hook. *cackle*cackle*cackle*!
This is probably obvious, but we should be very careful when handling mod confirmed information in this game. It will likely be true according to the rules of the game, but extremely misleading. This means the scumteam probably has manipulating roles though, and identifying who has those could be the key to victory.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

dont tell me what to do

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Hi

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I agree that people should claim miller day one. In fact I will not believe a miller claim made after day one, so get them in now.
This is probably obvious, but we should be very careful when handling mod confirmed information in this game. It will likely be true according to the rules of the game, but extremely misleading. This means the scumteam probably has manipulating roles though, and identifying who has those could be the key to victory.

Scum

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hm, a fake guest. This calls for some chessboard thinking.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I will give a partial claim, but only if Mr. Steak tells me their other name.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm a compulsory visitor, and I have to visit someone each night. Getting ahead of it.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snooze Cruise posted:

I will give a partial claim, but only if Mr. Steak tells me their other name.

my first name is beef

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

I'm a compulsory visitor, and I have to visit someone each night. Getting ahead of it.

Interesting role, can you visit yourself?

Mr. Steak posted:

my first name is beef

OK I will be fine with killing Steak at a later point in the day.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

ya

##vote Irony Be My Shield

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

lol this game is gonna be great

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Snooze is in this game so I am already confused.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Sounds like a fake role

##vote AA

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I strongly suspect that claiming targeting roles will screw us over, I don't think other people should follow suit. Why no vote then?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

b-minus1 posted:

Sounds like a fake role

##vote AA

So that means you are also this role? I see.

There is no such thing as a joke phrase, this riddle can be solved with all the information we have before us if we play our cards right. We can beat this "Beatrice" at her own game.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Scum found.

Miller vote is easy, lot of text that give the appearance of contribution without anything meaningful.

Unless irony is new who knows in this crazy world.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

I strongly suspect that claiming targeting roles will screw us over, I don't think other people should follow suit.
Why no vote then?

I didn’t feel like voting. Thanks for confirming that you’re scum though

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
thank you for the further confirmation of your rule b-minus 1

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Snooze Cruise posted:

thank you for the further confirmation of your rule b-minus 1

:grin:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Sorry, meant to say role.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Im also claiming: My role is discount prince, who sings songs such as "fuchsia drizzle" and "$19.99"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Funny joke Battler.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

My name is a series of symbols, like every other written name.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Snooze Cruise posted:

Funny joke Battler.

Finally, snooze likes my jokes.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
My name is Battler Ushiromiya!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CCKeane posted:

Scum found.

Miller vote is easy, lot of text that give the appearance of contribution without anything meaningful.

Unless irony is new who knows in this crazy world.

i agree. his post reads entirely like establishing a safety net for scum getting caught by mod info, without offering any sort of recourse besides "basically dont trust those lists".

its not hard to think of more specific ways scum might be able to manipulate that information, or ways town may be able to circumvent that manipulation. except if you're scum that's hard because pretending to not know as much as you do will almost certainly get you caught eventually. so avoiding details there appears to be a scumtell.

why point that out without a solution or literally anything that might contribute to useful conversation...?

heres what the post should have been focused on: because of this thing in the OP, we can conclude a bunch of stuff about likely scum roles. the simplest option is they have a ninja kill, though my first instinct is to suspect the existence of delayed kills. or else something that kills whoever your target visits (i can see the game balance in sacrificing accuracy for invisibility).

of course these theories dont have much importance today, but imo discussing theories in specific like this is a much more viable path towards catching scum in external knowledge, than anything else.

and for now ##vote irony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
And I'm gonna be king of the pirates!