Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Phantom Menace rules because it immediately establishes that in A New Hope, Obi Wan has been successfully hiding from the Empire while wearing his military dress uniform, rendering the entire movie and the Empire in general comical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Squizzle posted:

since the queen was elected, her name is surely part of the public record. when she was disguised as a handmaiden to the queen, shouldnt they have been calling her something other than padme??

Maybe on Naboo it's a common name, like Amy

You wouldn't be like, "wait your name is Bill...are you former president Bill Clinton in disguise??"

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Tulip posted:

Phantom Menace rules because it immediately establishes that in A New Hope, Obi Wan has been successfully hiding from the Empire while wearing his military dress uniform, rendering the entire movie and the Empire in general comical.

you have it backwards, obi wan isn't dressed like a jedi, jedi are dressed like poor people

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Elfgames posted:

you have it backwards, obi wan isn't dressed like a jedi, jedi are dressed like poor people

Yes, but also their robes are incredibly fine, which you can see in each prequel film when a Jedi visits Tatooine and stands right next to an actual poor person

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Zoran posted:

Yes, but also their robes are incredibly fine, which you can see in each prequel film when a Jedi visits Tatooine and stands right next to an actual poor person

yeah that's the point, they're playing pretend. also notably anikin does not dress like that and generally dresses like a loving samurai instead.

Elfgames fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 27, 2020

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Phantom menace, because of the pod racing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've been itching but everyone is being so nice. :( I figured there must be some toxic stuff in a Star Wars forum but nope. Everyone is cool. :shrug:

I know right!