Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Man, this is all reminding me of another catalog that sold like gag gifts and other stupid miscellania back in the 90s. Does anyone else remember it? I remember it was physically smaller than a standard magazine, maybe more comic book sized. I bought a "spy camera" from it. Pretty sure they also sold dumb stuff for man children who weren't classy enough for porcelain dragon statues, like fake turds and magic kits and Monty Python t-shirts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Whybird posted:

The Franklin Mint got nothing on the MONTEGRAPPA CHAOS PEN.

Thanks, I almost choked while laughing at this.

Goldie The Mack
Nov 25, 2005

Go on and stick yo' seff
Ron Lee statues of clowns are almost as bad. My parents "invested" in a bunch during the 90's, and even met him at a convention to get them signed.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
so what was the final return on that investment?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

im thinkin about buying some of those fancy plates what got pictures on em of that one broad with the tits

Goldie The Mack
Nov 25, 2005

Go on and stick yo' seff

Mozi posted:

so what was the final return on that investment?

They still have all them displayed around their house. Some lucky person will be able to purchase them at their estate sale.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

im thinkin about buying some of those fancy plates what got pictures on em of that one broad with the tits

Uhura?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
gesundheit

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Shifty gimbal posted:

Finally bring the game at home!

When I was in high school one of my friends ordered one of these COD for another friend he was pissed at. That person was fighting with the Franklin Mint about owing them money for at least six months. It was hilarious!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

shoeberto posted:

Man, this is all reminding me of another catalog that sold like gag gifts and other stupid miscellania back in the 90s. Does anyone else remember it? I remember it was physically smaller than a standard magazine, maybe more comic book sized. I bought a "spy camera" from it. Pretty sure they also sold dumb stuff for man children who weren't classy enough for porcelain dragon statues, like fake turds and magic kits and Monty Python t-shirts.

Probably the "Johnson Smith" or "Things You Never Knew Existed" catalogs.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Things you never knew existed no longer exists :(

Pretty recently defunct too

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

Things you never knew existed no longer exists :(

Pretty recently defunct too

Well that's a bummer.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Well that's a bummer.

Whoa it’s a thing you didn’t know doesn’t exist.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Finally bring the game at home!

I legit own this lol bought it with paper route money back in the 90s gently caress yeah. It's in it's box in the garage right now.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

This thread reminds me of the Lillian Vernon catalog. Both my grandma and great grandma got the catalogs and my sister and I would play a game where we had to pick one thing from each page. It was mostly tat like this -

One year my grandma got me a self case thing to store all the souvenir shot glasses I got from her as she traveled all over the US in her RV. RIP shot glass grandma

Anyway there was always this for sale in the Lillian Vernon catalog.
And sex tapes, but labeled as "instructional" VHSs for seniors.

To get out ahead of it, no, my sister and I never chose anything from the sex page, sex pages granted you a bonus choice on a regular page.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the start trek chess board seemed cool when i was a kid but looking at it now it's hard to see how any sort of chess-like game could be played on it

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

hakimashou posted:

and the watch baby

all designed by sly stallone baby!

1) I prefer my $85,000.00 watches to be gender neutral, sorry.

2) Who the gently caress are these being marketed to? Insane evil overlords? Necromancers? M. Bison from Street Fighter? WHO?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Frank Frank posted:

1) I prefer my $85,000.00 watches to be gender neutral, sorry.

2) Who the gently caress are these being marketed to? Insane evil overlords? Necromancers? M. Bison from Street Fighter? WHO?

Some people go nuts for gold. Gold bug people will buy anything made of gold.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
I remember seeing a magazine ads for Franklin Mint board games as a kid. A couple of them (checkers and/or backgammon, I think) offered some installment plan where you'd get a couple pieces each month for some low monthly payment, and a year or so down the line you'd finally be able to actually play.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've seen some Franklin Mint board games for sale at the new FAO Schwartz store in Rockefeller Center.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I always thought their Star Trek stuff looked pretty cool, but my friends brother was the most hardcore Trekkie I’ve ever met and even he couldn’t justify spending money on any of it.