Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Name: "Nobeard"
Weapon: DynaVoulge
Artifacts: Tekka Board & Paddlefoot

The Tekk gauntlet lit up with strange lights. Not the interaction desired, an even better one. A runic harpoon, pulling the mighty D.I.E. Bringing it closer. Reeling it in!

The greebled face of the die towered above him. So close. The Tekk board vibrated and hummed, yearning to be reunited. Pulling towards... THERE.

Dynavoulge: 1d1000 906

"Yar har har!"

Move to 82.C
Event?: 2#1d6 6 5 YES
Water Event: 1d6 3- Ocean's Bounty

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Mar 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Name: "Mad" Jack
Current position: 67E
Weapon: Pokk Wand
Artifacts: Paddle foot, Geomark
Wounds: 1/2 -> 2/2

Jack turned to see the D.I.E. coalesce behind him. "Thar she blows," he said, sotto voce, less a call to action than an awed exhale.

Pokk wand: 68

And with that, he stumbled into town for a bandage and a drink.

Moving to 70G and healing 1 wound

City event roll: 1

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Stebhen Ervin
Wounds: 0/2
Weapon: Dynavoulge- Range 1, Loaded, 1d1000
Artifacts:
Paddle foot- No move penalty on Water tiles

Stebhen did an abrupt about face and began to run to Diestralia instead of away from it. That big beastie was threatening his home! Now that ain't a songbird call, now is it?

As soon as he got to the shore of The Hexagonal Sea, Stebhen took out a large piece of bait. The crocodiels couldn't resist a big haunch of meat.

Making friends quickly, Stebhen jumped on the biggest, flattest gently caress he could find and had it swim him to the side of the D.I.E. It was time to strike.

Move: +2 road, Paddlefoot water movement
67D to 82D

Dynavoulge: 1d1000 121

Event: No
Water event double: 2#1d6 1 3

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Portrait: 16
Name: Cassandra "Cassie" Nelson
Turn Start: 35A
Weapon: Dynavoulge Enhanced (+2d10)
Artifacts: Brikk Armor, Farcaster

Move 2SW to 35G

Attack with Farcasted Dynavoulge

Attack!: 1d1000+2d10 250

Event?: 1d6 5 No Event

It had been humiliating to discover that her DynaVoulge needed to recharge after each attack. To do the sacred dance and have nothing but a few pathetic sparks emerge had been a hard lesson. Still, this time she was sure she would get it right!

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Mar 18, 2021

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Lupo St. Faba
Wounds: 2/2
Weapon: Pokk Wand - Damage: 10d10; Range: 1 hex
Artifacts: Traksledge, Geomark
Carrying: Tier 3 Garistal

Lupo winced as he climbed into the Waylund; the spot on his leg where the D.I.E. managed to tag him was still tender. No time to waste healing, however. The thing he discovered beneath the waves needed to be delivered to Centerville, ASAP.

MOVE 1: 139F -> 126E
MOVE 2: 126E -> 99B

Forest Event: 1d6 1

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Garvin Valestein
Move: 2 | Wounds: [ ] [ ]
Artifacts: FarCaster, Travel Rations

Garvin shook his head at Icaru's offer. "I'll be fine, I don't need to be up close and personal. I'll do better at range. I appreciate the offer, but I'm just being practical."

And so, Garvin made his moves down the road to Centerville the long way.

Double moving to the final location of 86E/87C

Forest Event Roll: 1d6 1
No Event.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

The DIE was looking at them now, dozens of eyes flitting back and forth between them with alien cunning.

HEXEN REPORTS posted:

38 - Fred Needle encounters a City Event: 6 GENEROUS PATRON PICK ITEM FROM STARTER LIST
22 - David Tennant attacks DIE-A for 70 Damage!
15 - Hans GrÜber attacks DIE-C for 933 Damage! DIE Armor Break! Hans encounters a City Event: 3 THE FINEST SMITHS WEAPON GAINS ADDITIONAL 1D10
26 - Jenny the Kid attacks DIE-D for 74 Damage!
40 - Pacifica inflicts a Siege Curse VIII on DIE-B for 362 Damage!
    Garistallista unlocked for new units!
1 - “Nobeard” attacks DIE-E for 906 Damage! Hans encounters a Water Event: 3 OCEAN'S BOUNTY YOU AND TILE ADJACENT ALLIES ARE FULLY HEALED
30 - “Mad” Jack attacks DIE-C for 68 Damage! Armor Break prevents Damage!
33 - Stebhen Ervin attacks DIE-E for 121 Damage!
16 - Cassie attacks DIE-B for 250 Damage!
The DIE bellows in confusion and pain and rage as it is stricken over and over again with powerful magics, tearing away layers of enchanted armor to reach the soft inner systems. The voice comes over the channels once again. ”Excellent work! You’ve broken a section of its armor - Damage Points dealt to a wounded side is split evenly between the two adjacent sides. Be cautious, Hexen - as severe damage is taken the DIE will speak Words of power, imbuing it with enhanced capabilities...”

DIE-AGNOSTICS posted:

”...And you have dealt a severe blow. Brace yourselves!” As if in response, the DIE curls in upon itself, wrapping its limbs around its body protectively as a massive thaumic pressure builds within… and then...

DIE SUBSYSTEM ACTION posted:

The Dire Inscrutable Engine is heavily wounded! It speaks a Word! The Dire Inscrutable Engine is heavily wounded! It speaks a Word! The Dire Inscrutable Engine is heavily wounded! It speaks a Word!
DIE-WORD: 1d6 5
    5 WORD OF STRIDING ADD +1 HEX TO DISTANCE TRAVELLED WHEN MOVING
    The DIE shakes with rage, then begins to move with startling fluidity.
DIE-WORD: 1d6 2
    2 WORD OF ACTION DIE ACTIVATES ANOTHER SUBSYSTEM FROM THE SAME SYSTEM ON ITS TURN
    The DIE shakes with rage, then seems to move with enhanced alacrity, its runes blazing.
DIE-WORD: 1d6 1
    1 WORD OF REACH ADD ANOTHER 1D6 TO RANGE ROLLS
    The DIE shakes with rage, then seems to stretch even taller, limbs towering even more.
[SYSTEM1-DETECTION]
<ςคยՇเ๏ภ, ђђย๓คภ ๏๒รՇคςɭєร ๔єՇєςՇє๔. ςɭєคг Շђє קคՇђ ๏Ŧ Շђє ๔เгє єภﻮเภє, ςɭєคг Շђє ק>
DIE-SUBSYSTEM: 1d6 6
    6 TRAMPLE [3] MOVE 1D6 TOWARDS LARGEST GROUP OF UNITS
    The DIE swivels to face you, then lopes towards you in great strides.
DIE-RANGE: 1d6 2(+1)
DIE tramples Units 1, 33, 26, and 41 for 1 Wound! Units 33 Perishes! DIE-SUBSYSTEM: 1d6 4
    4 SWAY [1] MOVE 1(+1) IN 1D6 DIRECTION
    The DIE sways like a drunkard, moving aimlessly.
DIE-ANGLE: 1d6 2
DIE tramples Units 36, 15, and 30 for 1 Wound! Brikk Armor preserves Unit 15!

Diestralia fell silent, crushed to nothing by the DIE. So, too, had Unit 33 - Stebhen Ervin. No time to grieve - the DIE had been grievously wounded itself, but that had only made it more dangerous. The Hexen needed to press the attack - now!

DIE SYSTEM CHANGE posted:

[DIE-SYSTEM: 1d6 4
[SYSTEM4-ANTI-INTRUSION]
<ɭเՇՇɭє ςђเгקเภﻮ เภ Շђเร ยภเՇ’ร ђєค๔ ςђเгק ςђเгק… ςђเгק>

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 19, 2021

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Jenny the Kid
Initial Location: 83F
Move: 2 | Wounds: 1/2
Weapon: Upgraded Pokk Wand (11d10)
Artifacts: Jokrunner, Geomark

Jenny swam to shore, gasping for air. The DIE had forced her and her steel horse beneath the waves, and it was a struggle for her life to re-emerge. But eventually, she surfaced. As she surveyed the trail of destruction left by the D.I.E., she realized she was one of the lucky ones. Centerville was devastated, Diestralia was gone, and one of her fellow Hexen had perished in the line of duty.

In the wake of the devastation, the Kid had no cowgirl-themed quips for once. Just a hoarse scream of rage as she emptied her Pokk revolvers into the thing's hide one more time.

Move 2NE to 69F. Attack with Pokkwand.

Pokk Wand vs. D.I.E.: 11d10 52
Desert Forest tile event roll: 1d6 2

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 18, 2021

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Name: Jade Baddol
Start: 139B
Weapon: Garistalista RANGE 2 TILE, [GARISTA TIER-1D100] DAMAGE, MUST BE LOADED WITH GARISTALS
Artifacts:
Hookfoot- no mountain move penalty
Forest Charm- extra 1d6 for forest events

Jade Baddol had taken too long. She had been high in the mountains, following her favored troop of pentapes for her next paper, when the D.I.E. sirens sounded. By the time she grabbed her gear and made it back to the bottom of Mt. Twenty, her good friend Stebhen and their colleagues in Diestralia were already gone.

She would stop at nothing to save the pentapes, even go into battle with this terrible monster.

Move: +2 road, Hookfoot
139B to 127F

Event: Yes
Mountain double event 127F: 2#1d6 4 6

Mountain event select: 1d6 6

Treasure of the Earth

Slaan fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 18, 2021

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Name: David Tennant
Wounds: 0/2, 0/1(temp til city)
Artifact #1: Jokrunner - +4 Move on roads
Artifact #2: Geomark - Roll twice when gaining an event and pick either

Starting Position: 50e

Turn(s) End Position: 51e

Left handed pokk attack!
Pok2: 10d10 42

Tile event (single): Tile Event 5: 1d6 3

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 19, 2021

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Name: "Mad" Jack
Current position: 70G
Artifacts: Paddle foot, Geomark
Wounds: 1/2

Jack reeled as the D.I.E. slammed him to the ground. His head spun and the world began to fade to black. Faintly, as if from a great distance, he heard a shanty sung by the most enchanting voices he had ever heard...

quote:

๒คггєՇՇ ฬคร ร๓ครђє๔ ɭเкє ค ๒๏ฬɭ ๏Ŧ єﻮﻮร
คภ๔ Շђє ๓คเภ Շгยςк ςคггเє๔ ๏ŦŦ...

Jack arose like a shot. "SIRENS! You've not gotten me before and you'll not put me on the rocks today!" He turned to face the D.I.E. Oh, to have his trusty harpoon right now! But the Pokk wand afforded him a measure of safety and he figured he had best take it.

Single move, 70G -> 85G, then:

Pokk wand attack: 64

Also healing one wound if that's still not an action (there was some discussion of this on the Discord).

e: Forgot my city event roll: 1 again :v:

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Name: Hans GrÜber
Weapon: DynaVoulge (1d1010)
Artifacts: JokRunner & Brikk Armor

"I remain UNCOWED", boomed Hans in the middle of ruined plaza amongst splattered civilians, "for an überman is NOT trampled upon by the wills of others!"

"And make no mistake creature! I will soon be back for your OTHER arm!"

Action: Reload DynaVoulge
Move: Move 2SE to 99d

Event Chance: Forest: 1d6 6 (it keeps happening!)
Forest Event: 1d6 1 (CHEAT DEATH)

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Weapon: DynaVoulge (unloaded)

DK posted:

1 - “Nobeard” attacks DIE-E DIE-F for 906 Damage! Damage was not recorded on either E or F, reminder to update damage image.

"Yarrrgh!"

NoBeard dived out of the way of the spinning cube of doom. If he had not had a moment to rest and recuperate with those freshly caught fish he would've been ended there and then.

Others were not so lucky. Already fish were swarming where an expanding pool of red spread across the water.

More would join him, in time. The D.I.E. falls where it may.

NoBeard swam away for now. Time to recuperate before heading back into the fray.

Double move to 34G
Heal'd back to max
Event?: 1d6 2- No

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 18, 2021

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Lovelace
Move: 2 | Wounds: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Artifacts: Tekka Board, Binding Talisman

Lovelace rushes to the viewing platform of the Tekkademy, high in the winds above the city of Centerville, just in time to see the DIE stumble drunkenly through the western districts of the city. In moments, half the city is crushed to rubble. The beast looms, smoking and obscene, over the wreckage.

"drat it! This was not the plan! Come on, get the relic in position, now!" she shouts over the wind as a pair of apprentice tekkanics bring the garistal out, strapped precariously to the back of a custom-built strider.

Firing Garistal curse: 5d100 229

City double event: 2#1d6 1 3 :geno:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Say, did Cassie's (16) attack go in? I'm not on the report, so I need to know if my DV is recharging or not.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

jng2058 posted:

Say, did Cassie's (16) attack go in? I'm not on the report, so I need to know if my DV is recharging or not.

Man I swear I am not just ignoring you every single time, I just have a Cassie shaped blind spot! I'm going to refactor the damage for attacks and confirm - I think her damage has already been removed, but I'm going to roll back to last time and recount everyone again and edit here once I'm done.
edit1: But yes, your DV is recharging now.

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 18, 2021

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Turn Start: 35G

Move 1NW to 35D

No Event

With a bow and a flourish, Cassie stepped back among the trees to allow her weapon to recharge. It was peaceful there, though the sounds of combat and death rather spoiled the effect. The Guardian calmed herself and prepared for the next stanza.

Dog Kisser posted:

Man I swear I am not just ignoring you every single time, I just have a Cassie shaped blind spot! I'm going to refactor the damage for attacks and confirm - I think her damage has already been removed, but I'm going to roll back to last time and recount everyone again and edit here once I'm done.
edit1: But yes, your DV is recharging now.

Cool, thanks!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Icaru Santeria
Hit Points: 1 -> 2/2
Artifacts: HookFoot & TrakSledge - Ignore Mountain movement penalties, +2 Move, and Drag adjacent allies

Seemingly right after Hans GrÜber had struck the D.I.E. with his incredible DynaVoulge strike, the D.I.E.'s activity suddenly skyrocketed. It charged the island of Diestralia to its south, flattening it and the city that once stood on it.

One of Icaru's fellow Hexen was killed in the charge - flattened underwater by the D.I.E. passing directly over his position... he had run Diestralia's now-ruined funquarium, among other things...

Just to the east of the D.I.E. rampaging across Diestralia, in the western streets of Centerville, Hans GrÜber swiftly rode past Icaru Santeria and her Ridgerunner on his JokRunner on his way to the main highway. Icaru watched as the D.I.E. - massive and unknowable - quickly moved towards southwest Centerville as though trying to intercept the Hexen warrior that had deigned to damage it, stomping the whole region underfoot.

Icaru fired off a slew of shots at the D.I.E. with her Pokk Wand and watched with dismay as it seemed to actually react to her aggression and start coming her way!

Icaru and her RidgeRunner were swept up in the trampling that the D.I.E. caused to Centerville, and when the shaking finally ended and the D.I.E. stopped moving just a bit to the northeast, Icaru found herself bloodied and bruised from fallen debris that broke through her vehicle's windshield.

She was going to need some supplies, some medical attention, and for some repairs and adjustments to be made to her ride - she needed to find the nearest city that wasn't Centerville, as that was ground zero right now.

A friendly, familiar woman's voice appeared on Icaru's communicator. Jenny the Kid had been out at sea on her JokRunner when the D.I.E. had struck. She gotten back on dry land nearby and needed a lift somewhere safe too. They'd agreed on going back to Bellwood...

Icaru Santeria fired up the local Hexen communications band.

"Hexen: the Traksledge caravan is heading from west Centerville to Bellwood - and it's setting off soon!"

Attack: Pokk Wand vs D.I.E.: 10d10 51 damage to D.I.E. Side F!
TrakSledge: Hitch to #26 Jenny the Kid in W, and [Any Willing Adjacents (see map and put drag movement into orders)]!
Move: 84A >> [NW5, NE1] >> 35B, Dragging #26 Jenny the Kid from 84C to 35A!
Event Chance: Double City 35B: 2#1d6 4 1 - no event!
Local: Heal 1 HP from being on a City tile!

TrakSledge Transit Map:
Hexen: If you end your turn in the green zone you can opt to get dragged to the corresponding tile in the red zone. Note this drag movement in your orders!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 18, 2021

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Fred Needle
Move: 2 | Wounds: 0/3
Weapon: Dynavoulge
Artifacts: Brikk Armour, Binding Talisman

Fred woke up in the back of a MedicMobile™ Jokrunner making its way through the streets of Bellwood as the first rays of sunlight pierced the morning sky. "What's going on? What happened to the hospital?"

"Change of plans, Mr. Needle, sir. Word has gotten out that the Dee-Eye-Eee might be attracted towards Hexen warriors such as yourself. So, as per order of Bellwood's deputy mayor, we are to render medical aid to you and then politely show you the door. The last thing we want is another Diestralia."

"Diestralia? What-"

"We're here," the driver said, stopping the Jokrunner beside some woods. "Now, Bellwood ain't ungreatful for your service - here, we fitted your weapon with a Farcaster." The man in the passenger seat opened his door and dropped a large bag outside: his Brikk Armour and Dynavoulge, now covered in tightly wound runic cloth. "If you could just step out of the vehicle, Mr. Needle, sir."

"Wait what happened to-"

"Now, Mr. Needle, sir."

Fred stepped out of the Jokrunner. As soon as he was clear of the door the vehicle took off, with the passenger shouting "Good hunting!" back at him. Fred sighed, donned his armour and picked up his weapon. Then he turned on the radio.

The preliminaries were over. The island of Diestralia squashed, and the beast carving a malicious path towards Centerville. An entire city- no time to mourn. If he was now here, then... Centerville was fairly close. With clever use of the road network through this small valley, he could be within range of the beast by sundown. Fred set off.

As the last of the sun disappeared below the western horizon, Fred tested his improved Dynavoulge, attacking the beast once more. Light shot out across the forest floor...

Taking Farcaster. Moving SE (road bonus!), SE, SE, E to 51G/69A.
Firing Dynavoulge: 1d1000 410
Event?: 1d6 1 No.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Glottis - 205D
HP: 3/2

DYNAVOULGE
Brikk Armor, Travel Rations

"I don't know about this boss, I really don't know..." The grey bearded prison warden wouldn't stop chewing his fingernails. Superstitous lot, the whole of them... A clump of moss fell to the ground. No, not this one either. "So- I figure, what if we go through the records one more time. Can't even be sure if he's actually buried here..." Without responding, Glottis walked over to the next cursed grave, and started tearing off shreds of plant matter with both hands. This time, the overgrowth of the ages revealed a familiar name underneath. "The crowbar. Break this one open."

The stone slab hit the ground. A casket was revealed. The final resting place of one Goliander Glottis. An ancestor many generations removed. One of the first of them to make his home in Confluxx. "...ain't right, ain't rightaintright-" The warden was of no use, receeding away while muttering a prayer over and over again. Glottis grabbed the crowbar, and struck the casket. His line had taken a long road to get here. A story that was already long forgotten, if not for one errant letter preserved with love. A story of injustice, and inhumanity. Of trials and a great victory. Of people accused on false charges, and forced to flee their ancestral home in the Diestralian hinterlands. With no one else to turn to, the sea welcomed them. Welcomed them, and many of them it kept. Forever to remain in it's embrace. Their boat set sail into a stormy night. Guided by nothing but the dream of a new beginning, on the faraway coast of Centerville.

They were not prepared for the journey. Food supplies ran thin as days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. Yet the sea stretched ever on. Goliander had refused to ever tell anyone of what had happened then. Not even in his final correspondence, as he awaited his execution in a prison cell. Another blow. The wooden planks, enfeebled by time, shattered into tiny shreds. There he lay. Just like in the old sketch. Clad in a necklace and a garland of flowers. Mummified by age, on his bleached bones. Glottis - proceeded to rob the grave of his ancestor. All the while the warden of the prison begged heavens that he not be the one to bear the punishment for this sacrilege.

---

"Finally..." Glottis marveled at the satchel. The silhouettes of the city flashed by as his runner made it's way through the streets. It was just as he had thought! With this, he could finally get himself out of this infernal pit! Even DEFOE couldn't take this from him. He felt the satchel dearly. So little remained of his ancestors' legacy... Oh but! Oh it was about to take a turn for the better! "Driver!" He cried triumphantly. "The time has come! Take us... to Diestralia!" The runner slowed down. On the front seat, the driver turned her head back towards Glottis, and there was a look on her face.

"...Gone?"

City Double Event: 2d6 [1,2]

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Garvin Valestein
Move: 2 | Wounds: [ ] [ ]

Move to 86F

Garvin moved into position and fired at the DIE. Revenge for Diestralia!

Pokk Wand Blast!: 10d10 57

City Event Check!: 1d6 6
I get an Event! The event is...

City Event!: 1d6 1
Good Rest, for a bonus Wound!

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Pacifica
Artifacts: Paddlefoot, Geomark

Pascifica sat at their perch, panting in horror at the force unleashed by the D.I.E. Truly, they were cursed for ever having angered the thing.

"The ocean...I have to get back to the ocean."

Move: 35B to 34F (via road)
Move: 34F to 32B

Water Event: 1d6 5

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Lupo St. Faba
Wounds: 1/2 -> 2/2

MOVE: 99B -> 85G
ATTACK: Pokk Wand: 10d10 69 [i]nice[/b]

1 Wound Healed!
City Event: 1d6 4

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

The earth ached and trembled with the passing of the Dire Inscrutable Engine. It was broken in many places, oozing arcane ichors that polluted the landscape, but it hadn’t slowed one iota. The Hexen would soon see to that.

HEXEN REPORTS posted:

26 - Jenny the Kid attacks DIE-F for 52 Damage!
25 - Jane Baddol encounters a Mountain Event: 6 TREASURE OF THE EARTH FIND A TIER IV GARISTAL
    Mountain Charm unlocked for new units!
22 - David Tennant attacks DIE-A for 42 Damage!
30 - “Mad” Jack attacks DIE-D for 64 Damage!
15 - Hans GrÜber encounters a Forest Event: 1 CHEAT DEATH FLEE TO ADJACENT TILE WITH 1 WOUND INSTEAD OF DYING IF KILLED ON CONTIGUOUS FOREST TILE THIS TURN
3 - Lovelace inflicts a Siege Curse VIII on DIE-C for 229 Damage! 115 Damage dealt each to DIE-B and DIE-D!
36 - Icaru Santeria attacks DIE-F for 51 Damage! DIE Armor Break!
38 - Fred Needle attacks DIE-F for 410 Damage! Armor Break prevents Damage!
6 - Garvin Valestein attacks DIE-D for 57 Damage! Garvin encouters a City Event:1 GOOD REST GAIN A TEMPORARY WOUND
41 - Lupo St. Faba attacks DIE-D for 69 Damage!
Another armored section falls away, unleashing a burst of magical energy that crackles through the air. As before, the torrent of force pouring from the fractured casing sent follow-up shots wild. ”Hexen, time your shots carefully. After an Armor Break, immediate follow up shots to a broken area are likely to fail! Keep wearing it down!” They were half listening.

DIE-AGNOSTICS posted:

Because the beast was wrapping itself in thaumic force once more, runes flickering across its body in a blinding display.

The Dire Inscrutable Engine is heavily wounded! It speaks a DIE-WORD: 1d6 3
    3 WORD OF MULTIPLICITY WHEN CHOOSING A TARGET DIRECTION, CHOOSE AN ADDITIONAL DIRECTION AND REPEAT
    The DIE shakes with rage, then its limbs branch out, twisting and writhing.
[SYSTEM4-ANTI-INTRUSION]
<ɭ๏๏к ยק๏ภ ץ๏ยгรєɭשєร, คภ๔ รՇคץ Ŧคг Ŧг๏๓ ๓є>
DIE-SUBSYSTEM: 1d6 5
    5 HAUNTING OUTPUT [2] 1D6 RANDOM TEKKA BOARD USERS WITHIN 1D6+1d6 RANGE ATTACKS NEAREST ALLY WITHIN 1 HEX FOR 1d2 WOUNDS
    Your Tekka Board goes berserk, flashing out an arc of fel energy that strikes out at your allies!
DIE-TARGETING: 1d6 6 DIE-RANGE: 2d6 8
6 Tekka Board Users within 8 Hexes strike their allies!
Unit 1 strikes Unit 16 for 1 Wound
Unit 5 strikes Unit 36 for 2 Wounds! Unit 36 is slain!
Unit 3 strikes Unit 30 for 2 Wounds! Unit 30 is slain!

DIE-SUBSYSTEM: 1d6 3
    3 DIAGNOSTIC CHARM [3] RECOVER A DISABLED SUBSYSTEM WITH 1D6 DIFFICULTY; OTHERWISE HEAL 6d100
    The DIE whistles a pure tone, and before your eyes you see burned out runes flicker and reassert themselves.
DIE-HEAL: 6d100 348
DIE-C recovers 348 HP!

DIE-AGNOSTICS posted:

Shock, grief, and shame burned hot in the Hexens’ hearts as some of their own fell under un-friendly fire. The DIE gazed impassively at them, dumb animal awareness at odds with the cruelty of its acts. It kept on.

[DIE-SYSTEM: 1d6 6
[SYSTEM6-TERRAFORM]
<Շђє ɭคภ๔ ๓ץ ςɭคץ, Շђє ฬเภ๔ ๓ץ ๒ɭค๔є>

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 19, 2021

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Wounds: 1/2
Turn Start: 35D

Move 3SE (w/ Road Bonus) to 51G

Attack with DynaVoulge!

DynaVoulge Attack: 1d1000+2d10 461

Event?: 1d6 4 No Event

Cassie winced as the Tekka Board blasted her. She hesitated, wondering if she should seek medical attention again, but her DynaVoulge was charged and she couldn't waste the attack. She pressed on and unleashed the lightings with Singer Calls to the Storm God.

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Mar 19, 2021

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Glottis - 205D
HP: 3/2

DYNAVOULGE
Brikk Armor, Travel Rations

//Weather news: Mount Boxcars deploys a nightmare dome.//

//The weather today is a fog of pure malevolence belched from the bowels of the earth. The dome darkens the skies from horizon to horizon, incites sullen dispositions and makes office appliances explode in a storm of violent energy.//

//Given the hopeless nature of the dome, the lands and peoples engulfed by it are to be considered lost causes.//

//Update: The dome has reached the city. Previous commandment revoked.//

//People living in the northwestern sections of the city are advised to carry a sharp knife or a cyanide pill on their person, so that if they get hit by an arc flash from malfunctioning Tekka equipment, they may use it to avoid the extremely painful and drawn out death via spinal ignition. Tekka workers are also advised to wear safety goggles.//

//There may also be intermittent rains.//

---

Thick curtains and earplugs proved effective in repelling the nightmare dome. Good thing, that. The last thing Glottis needed was another thing trying to keep him from having a good night's rest. He could not stop throwing around in the bed. So exhausted, yet so nervous. He had spent the whole day doing experiments. Grueling, desperate labor, but it had worked. The ancient formula from the letter, he had managed to recreate it, he was sure of it! The secret of his ancestors! Only one more component was missing... This mixture was what had turned his ancestors' fortunes around! When they had first come to Confluxx, they were less than dirt in the eyes of the city's masters. But with this formula they did the impossible and made their name respected by all! Built a fortune that still sustained his family. But, with time, that legacy had been forgotten. Glottis had gotten so close, yet, in the end... He opened his fist. Therein were flowers extracted from the ancient grave. A plant from his ancestral homeland of Diestralia. A plant whose flesh had been the secret ingredient. The critical, irreplacable heart. He crushed the petals, sobbing. Now gone forever. Lost with the land itself! Oh sod it! DEFOE was going to get him this time! This bogs-darned dome was just the kind of thing that sicko had been waiting for.

DEFOE, the man was a demon in a human skin. Never had there ever been one so cruel. So shortshighted! The master of the blunt knife himself. The malignant fool took joy in unspeakable horrors, and would brag of the tortures he inflicted upon lawbreakers. And he wished to see Confluxx declare war on the D-I-E. If he had his way he would drag down all of the city with him. Every life wasted, every vein bled dry of the last drop of blood to satisfy his completely selfish war. To burn down this world, for his moment of glory.
Darkness. The familiar creaking of the stairway. The pale glow of the kitchen lamp. Glottis hadn't slept an eyeful so far. Maybe a late night snack would help. It wouldn't, really. But maybe the routine of it would help get his thoughts elsewhere for a moment. Anywhere. There was no running, DEFOE had eyes everywhere. And for all his fame in the eyes of the common folk, Glottis' authority was nothing compared to the fool's. The next time he started throwing arrest forms around, well, it would be the last. Glottis stared at the ceiling. Then, a soft alarm sounded. The newspaper had come.

Biting into his sandwich, Glottis idly leafed through the-

The sandwich split apart against the floor. This... this advertisement, could it be real?! If it was, well, then all of Glottis' problems were as good as solved! Aha- ahh.

---

Glottis proceeded to take a day off. He drifted off to sleep, gleefully dreaming of what was to come.

City Double Event: 2d6 [6, 4]

City Event Choice: 1d6 1 - GOOD REST GAIN A TEMPORARY BONUS WOUND

Jvie fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 19, 2021

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Name: Hans GrÜber
Weapon: DynaVoulge (1d1010)
Artifacts: JokRunner & Brikk Armor

"Bah! You think your trifling TekNiques are MATCH to my UNSHAKEABLE WILL, beast?"

"I shall prove you WRONG!"

Move: Move 1SE 4NW to 69g (Cheat Death applies!)
Action: Dynavoulge against D.I.E.-E: 1d1010 532

Event Chance: Flattened City Forest: 2#1d6 4 5 (nah)

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Weapon: DynaVoulge

"Yarr, nothin' personal, landlubber"

Reload Dynavoulge.
Move to 66.E
Event?: 1d6 3 No.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Name: David Tennant
Wounds: 0/2, 0/1(temp til city)
Artifact #1: Jokrunner - +4 Move on roads
Artifact #2: Geomark - Roll twice when gaining an event and pick either

Starting Position: 51e

"Jesus christ this thing is big" David states, taking another glug. "gently caress. I guess I'll let everyone else do the dyin' while I stick here and take a few more shots. Slow and steady as they say". Though he was not exactly steady with the wine coursing through his system, he atleast was slow.

Turn(s) End Position: 51e (no movement)

Left handed pokk attack!
Pok3: 10d10 58

Tile event (single): Tile Event 5: 1d6 3

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 19, 2021

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Pacifica
Artifacts: Paddlefoot, Geomark

With each component of the D.I.E. struck down and shattered, the monstrosity grew more menacing. For now, barely out of reach of that thing's hacking devices, Pacifica took to the depths once more in search of more Garistals or other lost artifacts.

Move: 32B to 31B
Move: 31B to 30B
Water Double Event: 2#1d6 3 2 for fucks sake

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Sleve McDichael
Hit Points: 2/2
Weapon: DynaVoulge
Artifacts: HookFoot & TrakSledge - Ignore Mountain movement penalties, +2 Move, and Drag adjacent allies

The tekkanism engineer Sleve McDichael was already in Centerville with his secret project TrakSledge when the D.I.E. struck. Before all this madness, Sleve had been engaged in a little bit of corporate espionage against his fellow Hexen, and had created his vehicle based off of stolen blueprints of a TrakSledge combined with HookFoot technology, a mountain-scaling passenger transport designed by the now-late Icaru Santeria.

It was strange the way the D.I.E. made all one's fears of discovery moot and insignificant. Now that Icaru was dead and the D.I.E. was here, all artifacts and artifact weapons were accepted in the fight, no matter how dubious their origins...

From the very heart of Centerville, Sleve revved up his TrailBlazR and suicidally rammed the spearhead of his DynaVoulge into the D.I.E.'s armor plating...

Starting Position: 85D
Attack: DynaVoulge vs D.I.E.: 1d1000 10 :smug:

A series of critical errors made Sleve's attack fall flat! The TrailBlazR's design wasn't originally intended to have DynaVoulges loosely mounted on the roof rack... Sleve would have to work out a new, reinforced mounting configuration. In his RidgeRunnR he retreated over the mountains to the nearest forest he could reach in the southeast to evade the D.I.E.'s detection - at least that's what he hoped to achieve.

Move: 85D >> [6SE] >> 130D
TrakSledge: Moving [Anyone willing, adjacent to 85D] 6SE as well!
Event Chance: Double Forest: 2#1d6 6 1 - Success!
Forest Event: 1d6 4 - FOREST RECLAMATION ???

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 19, 2021

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Name: Jade Baddol
Weapon: Garistalista RANGE 2 TILE, [GARISTA TIER-1D100] DAMAGE, MUST BE LOADED WITH GARISTALS
Loaded: Tier IV Garistal: 4d100
Artifacts:
Hookfoot- no mountain move penalty
Forest Charm- extra 1d6 for forest events

Jade was in luck. When mother nature needed protection, mother nature provided. A Garistal was just sitting in a cave that Jade picked for her camp the previous night. Not only would it be useful against the D.I.E, but it was a surprisingly good travel pillow.

She would need to get closer to put it use though.

Double Move: 141B to 114B, includes +2 road bonus

Event? No
Forest Event 114B (with forest charm): 2d6 4

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Jenny the Kid
Initial Location: 35A
Move: 2 | Wounds: 1/2

As Jenny pulled into Cincinero, the sun was setting. The journey had been harder to make alone. On the edge of town, Jenny raised a bottle of whiskey.

“Here’s to a real one.”

The bottle shook in her hand. She poured Icaru’s due into the earth.

“...told you not to get killed.”

The puddle of whiskey at her feet rippled.

Double move to 41C.

City icon event roll: 2d6 4, 2
No event. Heal to 0/2 Wounds.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Name: Dr. Thorodin Stonehand
Wounds (HP): 2/2
Artifact #1: Traksledge
Artifact #2: Hookfoot

Starting Position: 29F

Dr. Thorodin Stonehand, Distinguished Chair of Hexemineralogy at Confluxx School of Mines, rapped his pointer against the newly formed fissure at the end of the tunnel and turned to face his students. "We're almost there. All the theory you have been learning in the classroom is what our ancestors learned the hard way, tunneling for centuries through these mountains. They knew nothing at first of volcanology, plate hextonics, or mine engineering. They didn't even have these," he gestured at his Dynavoulge, "all they knew was that strange minerals sometimes came from the Earth near these volcanoes. That these minerals seemed to contain some of the same powers as the D.I.E., and that perhaps they could even the score when it returned."

They knew now, of course, that these minerals were from the D.I.E., smashed deep into the earth on one of its visits many ages ago. Over time, the natural subterranean shift forced it up through the volcano, where it lay in deep deposits. He called the students forward to the rock face, to peek through the fissure at the dietanium deposit further within, still glinting with infernal energy after uncountable millennia. Withdrawing to a safe distance, the students watched as Thorodin leveled his Dynavoulge at the crack and fired.

The rock wall crumbled away, revealing a vein of dietanium that shimmered and crackled as it seemed... energized... by the power of the blast. And yet as they listened, there was something else. A deep, resonant rumble that was felt in the lungs as much as heard. An eruption? A cave-in? They were many days' walk underground, particularly for those who didn't have their "mountain legs" yet. A heavy silence settled as they awaited Thorodin's instructions. His brow furrowed. "It's far away. To the southeast. Cataclysmic." He paused. He had a better guess than that, but none of his students were Diestralian, and no sense scaring people with a guess. There was one thing, however, he didn't need to guess. "It's here."

In one move, he scooped up his Dynavoulge and walked back to the Traksledge he had left at the chamber entrance. Over his shoulder, he spoke to his graduate assistants: "Lab is over for today. Guide them to the surface. I'll tell the entrance guards to send down a party of workers to meet you halfway."

As he sped off, one of his students dryly commented, "Maybe he'll reschedule the final?"

And from down the shaft, a tinny voice: "Don't count on iiiiiit"

Meta: It was a long drive to the entrance. At some point he reloaded his Dynavoulge.

----------------------

Even with his specialized mountain sledge and lifetime of experience, it was a full day's drive back to the mine entrance. Speeding out into the light of day, it wasn't hard to see the direction he needed to go. Just follow the smoke.

Double move, 29F -> 40F (w/ +2 sledge bonus & Hookfoot)

Forest event chance: 6

Forest event choice: 3 WOODWIND CHARM (ADJACENT ALLY GAINS DOUBLE MOVE THIS TURN OR NEXT)

Thorodin thought on his apparent good fortune for a moment. It didn't help much right now, but on this road he could make it to Centerville or the mountains southeast of Bellwood before the charm ran out. He planned on coming in to the north of the D.I.E., but he put out a call on the communicator regardless. "Anyone need a pick-me-up?"

Discussion Quorum fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Mar 19, 2021

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Garvin Valestein
Move: 2 | Wounds: [ ] [ ] ( )

Garvin moved up, to the forests north of Centerville to take his next shot.

Moving to 72F

Pokk Wand Blast!: 10d10 61

Forest Event Double Roll!: 2#1d6 5, 1

No Event.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Fred Needle
Move: 2 | Wounds: 0/3
Artifacts: Brikk Armour, Binding Talisman, Farcaster

After the attack, the retreat. Fred kept moving eastwards, skirting the foothills of the nearby mountain. Trying to keep himself out of sight while his weapon recharged. But of course, how the DIE itself 'sees' is a mystery to us all still...

Moving E, NE to 52D. Reloading Dynavoulge.
Event?: 1d6 5 No.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Lovelace
Move: 2 | Wounds: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Artifacts: Tekka Board, Binding Talisman

The lights on Lovelace's tekka board go red. "What? What does that m- Oh no, no no no no!" Lovelace mashes the controls frantically, but can only watch in horror as lightning lashes out from the board and strikes down Mad Jack. "Agh, stupid thing! How could you do this to m- uh, to him! Us, whatever!"

Targeting Terraforming subsystem 6: Tekka board: 1d6 1

City double event roll: 2#1d6 1 3 :sigh:

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Lupo St. Faba
Wounds: 2/2

MOVE: 85E -> 71E
ATTACK: Pokk Wand: 10d10 35

Forest Double Event: 2#1d6 4, 4

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

The air felt… strange. Small pebbles across the whole of the landscape vibrated and rotated gently, vectors following the motions of the DIE. Somehow, the land was listening. And waiting. The Hexen’s only chance was to shut. It. Up!

HEXEN REPORTS posted:

16 - Cassie Nelson attacks DIE-F for 461 Damage! 230 Damage dealt each to DIE-A and DIE-E!
42 - Glottis encounters a City Event: 1 - GOOD REST GAIN A TEMPORARY BONUS WOUND
15 - Hans GrÜber attacks DIE-F for 532 Damage! 266 Damage dealt each to DIE-A and DIE-E!
22 - David Tennant attacks DIE-A for 58 Damage!
24 - Sleve McDichael attacks DIE-D for 10 Damage! Sleve encounters a Forest Event: 4 FOREST RECLAMATION CONVERT ADJACENT DESERT OR DESTROYED TILE TO FOREST
37 - Dr. Thorodin Stonehand encounters a Forest Event: 3 WOODWIND CHARM ADJACENT ALLY GAINS DOUBLE MOVE THIS TURN OR NEXT
6 - Garvin Valestein attacks DIE-C for 61 Damage!
3 - Lovelace interfaces with the DIE! Tekka Board reads [1]; DIE-SUBSYSTEM-6-6: 4d6 6, 4, 1, 6; [CONNECTION SUCCESS - SUBSYSTEM “CEASE” DIFFICULTY REDUCED TO 3]
41 - Lupo St. Faba attacks DIE-C for 35 Damage!
A few good strikes, a rare breach of its systems, and then the Hexen scattered before it could strike back. It crumbled under their blows.

DIE-AGNOSTICS posted:

Yes, the earth was shaking. The Hexen braced.

The Dire Inscrutable Engine is heavily wounded! It speaks a Word!
DIE-WORD: 1d6 1
    1 WORD OF REACH ADD ANOTHER 1D6 TO RANGE ROLLS
    The DIE shakes with rage, then seems to stretch even taller, limbs towering even more.
[SYSTEM6-TERRAFORM]
<Շ๏ ๓є, ๒ɭ๏๏๔ ๏Ŧ Շђє єคгՇђ! Շ๏ ๓є, รՇ๏ภєร คภ๔ гเשєгร ๏Ŧ Շђเร ɭคภ๔>
DIE-SUBSYSTEM: 1d6 3
    3 TEETH OF AUTUMN [2] TURN 2d6+2d6 LINE IN 1d6+1d6 DIRECTIONS INTO MOUNTAINS, DEALING 1 WOUND TO UNITS AFFECTED WITHOUT HOOKFOOT
    The DIE roars, reverberating the earth. The rocks themselves respond with a keening wail, forcing themselves out and into the sky to heed its call.
DIE-RANGE: 3d6 8
DIE-DIRECTION: 1d6 3 DIE-DIRECTION: 1d6 1
8 Hexes of Mountains appear in 2 Directions!
Units 22, 38, 41, and 6 are hit for 1 Wound!

DIE-SUBSYSTEM: 1d6 5
    5 BLOOD OF THE EARTH [3] TURN 2d6 CLOSEST MOUNTAINS INTO FIRE, KILLING UNITS AFFECTED
    The DIE roars and the mountains themselves erupt, boiling into liquid stone that chokes the sky with smoke and ash.
DIE-TARGETING: 2d6 6
6 Mountains burst into Fire!
Unit 38 is immolated to death!

Unimaginable noise. The sound of a massive mountain range ripping itself from the earth could not be described - only borne. But, lo, the DIE fared no better, and it was fading fast. Evidently the wisdom of the ages proved too much for the beast. "Return and return and return, you great bastard, and we will drive you away! Go, Hexen!"

DIE-SYSTEM: 1d6 4
[SYSTEM4-ANTI-INTRUSION]
<ฬคՇςђเภﻮ ฬคՇςђเภﻮ ฬคՇςђเภﻮ เภรเ๔є เภรเ๔є เภรเ๔є>

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Mar 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Jenny the Kid
Initial Location: 41C
Move: 2 | Wounds: 0/2

A cigarillo dropped from Jenny's mouth as the DIE split the earth, reshaping it as far as the eye could see. The DIE had divided the continent. The only path back home now lay through it.

Well. Suited her just fine.

She revved up her motorcycle for another hard day's drive. By the end of it, she was just outside Trentotto.

Her revolvers echoed off the newly minted mountains.

Move: 1SE 6W. Ending in 56B. Action: Attack with Pokk Wand.

Pokk Wand vs. D.I.E.-B: 11d10 68
Forest tile event check: 1d6 5