Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Shellception posted:

https://orokos.com/roll/913328 1d6 3.

Can I spend 3 willpower on this to make that a 6?

Yes. How much willpower do you have left?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Haven't used any before, so I sit at 7 I suppose.

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

The woman eyes you suspiciously as you both exist the train and emerge in the train terminal.
Then, she snaps her fingers and slaps her forehead.

"God. drat! I knew you looked familiar. You look... way different from the congressional hearings, but, I know TV cameras do weird things."

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
John assures her it's all the fault of the TV, can't trust cameras, how do they work, anyway? And please don't tell anyone, he's on secret business, very incognito.

Then he stretches her hand and disappears into the station.

That was fun. Now, there's still the matter of no money. John decides to try and panhandle a bit around the station.

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

You go to the bathroom and clean yourself up a bit. No point trying to panhandle people for money when you look like poo poo. You wash your face and slick your hair back a bit. The shirt and pants you're wearing are ... fine, but they aren't in tatters. You look at the bathroom clock. The minute and hour hands point to 5:30, but you know it's a bit later than that.

You leave the bathroom and start interacting with people waiting for their trains in the terminal. You tell extravagant stories about being kidnapped in Algeria, dining with a Saudi sultan in New York City, and running away from a crazy ex-boy friend. You are quite charismatic and you, somehow, collect over $200 in cash.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

*a random snippet of Tom Waits growling about 'making it to the top of the heap' plays in your head, followed by the image of a cat in a business suit*

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

With a random music snippet in his brain, John decides it's time to start getting dressed to play the part. He will try to find a clothes store that will give him that sophisticated, but informal look for a bit under $200, if possible.

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Shellception posted:

With a random music snippet in his brain, John decides it's time to start getting dressed to play the part. He will try to find a clothes store that will give him that sophisticated, but informal look for a bit under $200, if possible.

You find a suit shop just as it was about to close. At first, the store owner waved you away, saying he was closing for the night. You pull out the wad of cash, showing your insistence at buying a suit. The store owner smiles and waves you in. He walks you through the selection and, after taking your measurements, you settle on a dark gray suit, jacket, white button-up shirt and a pair of socks and shoes. The total comes to $175, a good deal.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

(poo poo, sorry about the delay. I keep wanting to write something here and then forgetting. Feel free to knock me off if posting gets way too slow or the other want a shot of the action, I get it)

John pays for his new clothes and gets snazzily dressed on them, checking himself in the mirror on the way out. Cool. Now it's time to put his newfound appearance to work.

He looks for a place that'll feed a person of his high importance.

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Shellception posted:

(poo poo, sorry about the delay. I keep wanting to write something here and then forgetting. Feel free to knock me off if posting gets way too slow or the other want a shot of the action, I get it)

No problem. I'm cool with the pace, so long as people are still interested in playing.

quote:

John pays for his new clothes and gets snazzily dressed on them, checking himself in the mirror on the way out. Cool. Now it's time to put his newfound appearance to work. He looks for a place that'll feed a person of his high importance.

You walk through the food court and eye the stalls -- Jimmy John's, Shake Shack, Johnny Rockets, Chick-Fil-A -- none meet your exquisite tastes for high-end meals. You walk into the station's main entrance hall and spot an area blocked off by fake hedges. You see a slim maître d' at a lectern, off to the side. She's wearing a tight long, black dress. Her hair cut into a sharp bob. She raises an eyebrow as you approach.

"Good afternoon, sir. How many I help you?"

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I am basically just following the story and biding my time

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

e X posted:

I am basically just following the story and biding my time

All good!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

"what? who said that?!"
"Am I hearing things?"

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

At the sight of the nice lady, John perks up, trying to silence the voices having a nice chat in his head. He seems to suddendly remember who he is dressed as. Standing up confidently, he addresses the girl.

"Yes. Yeah, yeah. Good afternoon. I wish to have dinner"

A small pause, and the click in John's head almost becomes audible before he opens his mouth again.

"Oh, by the way, did I tell you? I am the CEO of Google"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Just want to say I'm lurking and enjoying this one.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

"goddamn who said that?! Lurking? Do I have a prescription I forgot to renew?"

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Shellception posted:

At the sight of the nice lady, John perks up, trying to silence the voices having a nice chat in his head. He seems to suddendly remember who he is dressed as. Standing up confidently, he addresses the girl.

"Yes. Yeah, yeah. Good afternoon. I wish to have dinner"

A small pause, and the click in John's head almost becomes audible before he opens his mouth again.

"Oh, by the way, did I tell you? I am the CEO of Google"

The woman raises an eyebrow. You're Sundar Pichai?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Armauk posted:

The woman raises an eyebrow. You're Sundar Pichai?

John's thought processes halt for a second, voices suddendly shutting up. Who's that dude? Uh. Surely the nice lady is right, though. He has nowhere to run but ahead.

"Yeeeah. I am Mr. Pichai. I uh.... I kinda have been a bit sick"

A last minute inspiration hits John. Surely this will save him! In a lower voice, he continues.

"And also... I actually am here incognito! So nobody can know my name, you see!"

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Shellception posted:

John's thought processes halt for a second, voices suddendly shutting up. Who's that dude? Uh. Surely the nice lady is right, though. He has nowhere to run but ahead.

"Yeeeah. I am Mr. Pichai. I uh.... I kinda have been a bit sick"

A last minute inspiration hits John. Surely this will save him! In a lower voice, he continues.

"And also... I actually am here incognito! So nobody can know my name, you see!"

Please roll a 1d6 to see how convicing you are.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Armauk posted:

Please roll a 1d6 to see how convicing you are.

https://orokos.com/roll/920376 1d6 5

(5, 6, 6, 3, 5... lol, those are some lucky dice rolls)

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

The hostess turns around. You follow her eyes and see a rather swanky yet near-empty restaurant.

"Well, it's not like we're busy," she says in a low voice. She grabs a sole menu and heads through the door. "Follow me please."

You follow her in, taking note of the dozens of empty tables, save for a few: a couple sharing a pasta entrée; well-dressed men arguing in another language; a lone diner, reading a late edition of The New York Times under a glowing light.

The hostess guides you to a corner booth at the back of the restaurant, next to a large window that looks out onto the front of the station.

"Your waiter will be with you shortly," she says. "Enjoy your meal."

A server suddenly appears and sets a plate and utensils in front of you. He pours a glass of water into a crystal cup and leaves the pitcher. A stocky man wearing an apron and a white shirt approaches. He pulls out a pad. "How are you doing tonight, sir? Have you dined with us before?"

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Shellception posted:

https://orokos.com/roll/920376 1d6 5

(5, 6, 6, 3, 5... lol, those are some lucky dice rolls)

A reminder that I responded to your roll. Should've quoted you the first time.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

(Sorry!)

After what seems like an eternity, a voice gets John down from staring at the trains by the window. There's a man in a white uniform, he's talking to him. John is not really sure what's been said, but there seems to be a need for an answer.

One of the voices whisper "fine!"

"...fine?"

Another voice starts doing a rendition of the Star Wars theme on the back of his head. Probably better to ignore that one, John decides.

The guy is still staring at him. John takes a look at the utensils in front of him. The voices are not helping.

"Also, uhhhh, how do you use... no, nevermind that. What's on the menu today?"

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Shellception posted:

(Sorry!)

After what seems like an eternity, a voice gets John down from staring at the trains by the window. There's a man in a white uniform, he's talking to him. John is not really sure what's been said, but there seems to be a need for an answer.

One of the voices whisper "fine!"

"...fine?"

Another voice starts doing a rendition of the Star Wars theme on the back of his head. Probably better to ignore that one, John decides.

The guy is still staring at him. John takes a look at the utensils in front of him. The voices are not helping.

"Also, uhhhh, how do you use... no, nevermind that. What's on the menu today?"

"Well, sir, our specials today are Steak Tartare du Parc, Lobster Frites, Pasta Primavera, and Salmon. We also have a fine collection of beef and poultry options. Our soup of the day is mushroom, drenched in heavy cream and topped with parsley. A fan favorite. Our bar is still open for beer, wine, and cocktails, should you require libations this evening."

The waiter pauses for a moment.

"Do you need a moment to look at the menu?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Armauk posted:

"Well, sir, our specials today are Steak Tartare du Parc, Lobster Frites, Pasta Primavera, and Salmon. We also have a fine collection of beef and poultry options. Our soup of the day is mushroom, drenched in heavy cream and topped with parsley. A fan favorite. Our bar is still open for beer, wine, and cocktails, should you require libations this evening."

The waiter pauses for a moment.

"Do you need a moment to look at the menu?"

John stares at the waiter for a split second.

The voices pipe in with a variety of opinions, but the most prevalent seems to be "No, that doesn't look necessary. I'm a man of the world, a refined gentleman. Gentlemen don't do menus, those are for mundane people".

John's answer actually comes out slow and deliberate-sounding. Who knows, he may be getting the hang of this! Which seems odd in retrospect, because you should not need to get the hang of anything, being the CEO of Google you should already be used to this. That was probably just a passing thought, tho.

"I will have the salmon and the pasta primavera as an entreé. Please pair it with your finest white wine, I will trust your expert sommelier on that. Thank you"