Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Dedjazil

Dedjazil allowed herself a small smile as the warded offworlder worked their way through the bazaar, and her eyes alighted on some watchfully loitering adolescents in ratty clothes. Ah, urchins. Those were the days. Frowning, she gathers her mind into bladelike focus.

quote:

Boy. Want to make some clink? No, not that way. Yes, over here. Come on, as long as you promise not to hurt me.

Seeing Flavus come up, she leveled one of her weapons-grade smiles. "My pleasure. They'll need... careful handling. Ego is built into them, I'm afraid."

quote:

Depends on how much clink, lady. I don't know you.

Sipping her drink, she continues, "Luckily, my ego is strong enough to withstand a little astartes arrogance. The time to chastise our armored friends will come eventually, but we can let them be themselves for a bit longer. I'm sure they'll acquit themselves on locals' little bug hunt."

quote:

Enough, but not too much. This needs your gang, so you figure out the split. I just want to know where that blunt who walked down the street goes, without anyone else knowing I know. See the face I'm sending?

Giving the papers a cursory glance, she nods. "This should be fine for a frame-up, but I don't expect us to effect an entry unless I'm on point."

quote:

Ten. He's weird.

She shrugs, adding, "Imperial minds are pliable."

quote:

Six and a half, and only because you're thinking of what you can get your girl. Half now, half when you're done. Try to gently caress me, and I'll make you skin yourself alive.

Fishing around in her purse, she notices Flavus noticing her. "No, just a little groundwork. You can relax," she says, laying a small pile of local coinage on the edge of the table.

quote:

I get it, you're scary. Keep it in your skirts and let me talk it over.

"I get the feeling we'll be paying our friends a visit sooner or later," she says, as the young local walks by the table and scoops the coins into his wallet without stopping. She gives Flavus another grin. "And I don't even need to leave my seat. I remember being hungry like that."

Using glimpse and delude, for 3 millifagens of dos (the SI standard unit for urchin-hours)
charm vs 100: 1d100 63

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Savosk the Depraved Shadow
"Focus fire on the leader. Kill them all!" Savosk shouts as he fires upon one of the four unquenched unattached from the current melee. Between psychic guidance and autosenses driven targeting, the Marine aims to make short work of these psychic beings.

Accepting guidance
Athletics: 1d100 7
Init: 1d10+5 12 (actually Init 15 thanks to Osseus)
https://orokos.com/roll/928507: 1d100 31 vs 45+40=85[half aim, semi, MIU, short range, guidance]
Pen 5: 3#2d10k1+10 18 19 1216 (DoS replacement on last die)

pre:
WS    BS    S     T     Ag     Int    Per    WP    Fel  
45    45    60    40    50     40     37     45    23

Wounds: 20/20    Infamy 2/2   Fatigue Level: 0    Initiative: 1d10+5

Ground: 6/12/18/36

SB: 10  TB: 8
Awareness: 37 (57 Sight/Hearing)
Dodge: 50
Parry: 60

Armour: 11/9 Body/All
Field: 30/1-5

Legion Combi-Melta
 - Bolter               100m  S/3/-  1d10+10 E  Pen  5  Clip:  24/24   Full   Best, Tearing
 - Melta                 20m  S/-/-  2d10+14 E  Pen 13  Clip:   1/1     2F    Best, Melta
Power Sword            Melee   ---   1d10+16 R  Pen  6  Clip:   ---     --    Balanced, Power Field
Legion Combat Knife    Melee   ---   1d10+10 R  Pen  2  Clip:   ---     --    

TheWeedNumber fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jan 12, 2022

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Aristotle

As the winds buffet the rest of the group, Aristotle merely shields his eyes from the whirling sands. As he blinks away the last few grains of sand, his eyes fall on the shapes of the unquenchables. A faint keening sound escapes from the Ogryn's lips as he grips his autocannon tightly to his chest, as thought the cold steel were a comforting talisman.

Test to remain standing (+20 for having the Sturdy trait) Don't fall vs TN 2040: 1d100 27 - Pass!

Fear test vs 40: 1d100 49 - Fail!

Shock Table: 1d100 80 +10 (DoF) -26 (Infamy) = 64. The character is frozen in terror. He may take no Actions until he snaps out of it. After snapping out of it, the character
makes all tests with a –10 penalty for the rest of the Encounter.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Iphis
The venue itself was quite difficult to pin down. The choices were varied in almost every way possible, from price to location and visibility, the innkeeper had given her almost too many options to sift through. In the end, she settled on something classic, luxurious, ostentatious, and most importantly, fun. She just needed to have a word with the nice innkeep, then it was a nice chat here, an introduction there, and soon she found herself standing in front of a local lord while Robowaiter excitedly served samplers.

Lady Kheyri lounged back on her divan, staring down at painstakingly crafted dishes as Iphis introduced each one. Lady Kheyri was known for being extremely wealthy, powerful (although the locals refused to elaborate on exactly why), and throws the best parties in the city. Getting on her good side would be an immense help, and not just for party hosting. While Iphis was outwardly the image of professionalism, to be honest she was quite nervous. Getting used to the new ingredients and cooking resources was quite a challenge, and Lady Kheyri had notoriously high standards.

-many hours earlier-
Iphis stands in the middle of a smoking kitchen, cursing loudly while attending to what appears to be way too many dishes at the same time. Some appear to be burning. Robowaiter deftly dodges the mechadendrites and puffs of smoke with plates full of ingredients, only stopping to speedily chop ingredients with an oddly cold gleam in it's adorable robot eyes. The hum of psychic powers hangs in the air as Iphis tries to make use of her newfound powers to give her that extra edge she needs, if only she could understand what the hell these visions are trying to say.
-back to the present-

Iphis practically holds her breath as Lady Kheyri nibbles on each dish, only relaxing when she finally declares "Why, that was quite exquisite. And you were saying you wanted to host a party featuring these?". And it was all smooth sailing from there. Quite literally, as Lady Kheyri had agreed not only to loan them her largest party sand-yacht but also collaborate on hosting the party in exchange for what was shaping up to be the hottest party of the season.

After a successful round of negotiation, Iphis heads back to meet up with Dedjazil and Jamie.

"Alright, everything's sorted. We just need to decide on a guest list now before I need to disappear back into the kitchen

pre:
glimpse 49 vs 40 + 10 (Psy Focus) = 1 DoS 
chefinarian 80 vs 56 + 10 (Robowaiter) + 10 (Glimpse) + 5 (Mechatendril) + 5 (Utility Mechadendrite) = 1 DoS rip
charm 27 vs 45 + 10 (Robowater) + 10 (Chefinarian) + 20 (Difficulty) = 5 DoS
got an extra fancy party boat with harpoons, extra space for more guests, and befriend Lady Kheyri on top  

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Atar:
Later in the evening an inconspicuous passerby bumps into Jamie and stumbles. "So sorry, please excuse me and just continue your conversation." He apologises briefly as he gathers himself back up before skulking off into the crowd, forgetting an insignificant small scrap of cloth on the ground. While Jamie pockets the cloth as soon as he notices the crudely but recognisably drawn picture of a wealthy woman on it, Dedjazil probes the crowd on the streets outside briefly before finding the correct mental imprint in the crowd, and opens her mind a crack.

quote:

Lady, you should've warned us your mark swaps faces like a rich guy changes robes. I trailed her for a while, but she spent an hour at a drat vegetable seller. Didn't even seem to be doing business, just fiddled with packed up stock while one of the workers pretended to tell her about pumpkins. Disappeared into an alley afterwards and came out the other end with a different head under her hood. Lucky you paid to bring the gang, wouldn't have recognised her without someone watching both ends. Ain't no artist, but your friend should have the face.

We stuck to her for a while past that since you paid up front, but she got company that takes more than a bit of cash to be worth pissing off. Last we saw she disappeared into one of the water-childrens' fancy little palace temples. Haven't got the right rites to get in even for an errand, but didn't see her coming out after. At least not with the same face, but she didn't look like enough of a dumbass to risk being shady around that lot.

Iphis finishes dealing with Kheyri and her immaculately oiled attendants and makes her way back to the caravanserai pleased with the days work. Openly associating with Kheyri might make the local priesthood somewhat less well disposed towards you, but the assistance she had offered was considerable and her reputation would only help yours in the eyes of the people you had actual plans to deal with. Iphis would still need to brief Kheyri's servants on handling off-world foods and the tone you wanted to set for the event, but with staffing satisfactorily outsourced you have some time to spare for other matters. Considering the effect the party would likely have on your image with different groups and your mission objectives, you arrive at the question of the guest list. Given the size of the sand-yacht, Iphis recognises you can probably fit in a couple more groups in addition to the merchants who had reached out to you of their own initiative and those you were obligated to invite.

You can invite two more groups of people to gain social bonuses with. Pick from local merchants, foreign merchants, offworlder-adjacent merchants, noble libertines, senior administrators, courtiers, priest caste youths, military nobility, or think of a group of people on your own. If the party is successful, you will receive significant bonuses to social tests with the specific individuals during the event, but also smaller lasting bonuses with their demographic.

Middle of nowhere:
Osseus and Walter make the best of their shared misfortune, turning a graceless fall into a sensible firing position at a responsible distance from the target and the associated danger. Meanwhile Savosk, the superhuman strength of a space marine leaving him unperturbed by mere earth shifting around him, simply levels a bolter at one of the unquenched before it can close in. Three rounds explode inside the creature and what remains of it rains onto the sand in a cloud of dry shredded flesh.

As a translucent shape begins to form around the remaining scrap, successive gusts of wind pick up and shear the shade apart before it can rise again. Beheshti glances Savosk. "Impressive! Make us more openings like that and this will be over soon enough." Behind her, the wounded ritualist speaks a short incantation that seems to give extra weight to the captain's words even while the biomancer works to seal the wound on his arm. As the words register in Aristotle's terrified mind, the ogryn realises perhaps it is the monsters rather than himself who will die a quick and horrible death.

Before the remaining unquenched can react to their ambush being faced with greater resistance than they could have expected, Dromedar plummets into the ground with considerably more speed than terminal velocity. The unfortunate unquenched under him tries to jump out of the way, only to find the massive projectile adjusting its course as the raptor lands on top of it, driving it into the sand. It scrambles back onto its feet, flailing at the space marine. While power armour is more than enough to stop the grasping fingers, the idea of them digs unbothered into Dromedars flesh, stinging even through the armor.

The evident leader of the unquenched flings a handful of sand into the air in an overly grandiose gesture. Sand floats in the air around the creature as it lunges at the captain, the curtain of sand parting only briefly to allow the creature's blade through. Beheshti bats the blows aside, but curses as her riposte connects only with the dust swirling around your foe. The remaining unquenched charge not-quite-mindlessly at the greatest perceived threats, one joining its unsuccessful comrade in trying to claw its way into Dromedar's soul while the other ignores Osseus and Walter to charge at Savosk, though in their wild abandon neither undead's blows are considered enough to find purchase.

The sated unquenched remains uninjured and in melee with the captain. You continue to benefit from Guidance as before, as well as Inspire for a +10 to willpower tests to resist fear or to snap out of it.
Unquenched 1 is dead in both corporeal and incorporeal forms. Unquenched 2 and 3 are engaged in melee with Dromedar, who has suffered one hit for a grand total of one point of damage after armour and TB. Roll your own evasions as you please. Unquenched 4 is in melee with Savosk.
Osseus and Walter count as being in cover from ranged (but not melee) attacks due to being prone in uneven terrain.

Waci fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 26, 2022

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Savosk the Depraved Shadow

Savosk draws his Power Sword from its maglocked position on the left, strikingly the unquenched swiftly.

vs 65 (Std attack): 1d100 23
Pen 6 E: 1d10+16 21 5 DoS replaces the 3 rolled

pre:
45    45    60    40    50     40     37     45    23

Wounds: 20/20    Infamy 2/2   Fatigue Level: 0    Initiative: 1d10+5

Parry: 60

Armour: 11/9 Body/All

Legion Combi-Melta
 - Bolter               100m  S/3/-  1d10+10 E  Pen  5  Clip:  24/24   Full   Best, Tearing
 - Melta                 20m  S/-/-  2d10+14 E  Pen 13  Clip:   1/1     2F    Best, Melta
Power Sword            Melee   ---   1d10+16 E  Pen  6  Clip:   ---     --    Balanced, Power Field
Legion Combat Knife    Melee   ---   1d10+10 R  Pen  2  Clip:   ---     --    

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Dromedar

While the sand itself didn't pierce the ceramite, something about these wraiths did. Dromedar felt it pass through the material and brush upon something within. Perhaps these beings were dangers to the soul? It was irrelevant, as his soul had been given over to the blood god. He would smite these beings and take the glory of the victory forward to more. His blade crackled as he swung it right at the sandy neck of the Unquenched before him.

Standard attack at whichever one hit me
Attack vs 60: 1d100 64
Just a bit outside.

pre:
50    22    65    40    50     36     37     40    45

Wounds: 19/20    Infamy 2/2   Fatigue Level: 0    Initiative: 1d10+5

Jump: 12/24/36/72
Fly 12 up to 1 minute

Parry: 70

Armour: 8 All

Legion Flamer            20m  S/-/-  1d10+ 9 E  Pen  4  Clip:   6/6     2F    Best, Flame, Spray
Legacy Power Sword     Melee   ---   1d10+18 R  Pen  7  Clip:   ---     --    Balanced, Power Field

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Flavus Ursis/Jamie Ingor

Flavus looks at the piece of cloth with the crudely drawn image on it, and then passes it to Dedjazil, "I see some resemblance to you, but this crude drawing hardly does you justice," Flavus says playfully, before his tone immediately shifts. "It seems we may have already drawn some attention. I can maybe handle myself in a small scrape, but now I almost wish those astartes were here."

Back at the merchant's, Flavus considers Iphis's inquiry. "I would advise we invite members of the priest caste youth, and some senior administrators. If we are ultimately looking to sway this world to the Great Powers, infiltrating government and religious institutions is the way to go." Jamie was surprised at how quickly Flavus had made that recommendation, but it really was true. How many corrupt Eclisiarchy Priests and deluded Noble houses had Jamie infiltrated working for the Inquisition? Too many, and not enough, as many worlds still fell to corrupt priesthoods and planetary governor houses.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Dedjazil

quote:

Interesting. If they're what I think they are then it's a good idea for you to be cautious for the next few days, but as long as they only saw each of you once, they'll have no reason to assume a tail. There's a good chance one of the water-children might end up dead, with this person wearing their face. I'm not certain they can fake an aura, but they probably can. There's a bonus in the offering if you notice an extra rich person's body that's been rendered conveniently hard to identify -- that will give me a clue.

Dedjazil memorizes the sketch on the scrap of paper before shredding it and answering Flavus. "We might have an Assassin on the waves. My new friends followed an blunt who could change faces, and they had already gained entry right into one of the temples owned by the 'water-children.' Something my tails couldn't do." She rubs her temples and continues. "There's something we're missing culturally here. We don't know enough about the water-children except for them being some kind of priestly caste of noble birth, with segregated entry. Clearly they matter enough for someone with infiltration skills and heavy wards to take an interest. I'd like to work the religious angle, and administration is a good follow-up."

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Aristotle

Aristotle screws his beady eyes shut and hugs his machine gun even tighter.

Fear - snap out of it TN 40: 1d100 77

gently caress.

Fear - snap out of it TN 40 - Infamy Reroll: 1d100 70

Double gently caress.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Osseus 49/9-Z

From his position of cover, Osseus's machine mind calculates his trajectories and likely collateral damage, deeming it more likely that the psychic creatures will harm his ally should he do nothing. With one hand, he activates his soul harvester, ready to trap any of the unquenched that should enter incorporeal form. With a second gyro-stabilized motion, he aims his razor web to entrap the unquenched engaged with Dromedar, carefully avoiding his ally (55 vs. 65 = 2 DoS). https://orokos.com/roll/934406. Should they have the agility to escape the blast area, they will be easy prey for Osseus's allies in the open.

https://orokos.com/roll/934408 5 damage, pen 3, Blast 2 versus the two unquenched in melee with Dromedar, and the blast narrowly avoids the space marine.

Anyone who takes damage from that is crippled 3 for the rest of the combat - if they take more than a half action on their turn, they take 3 R damage unaffected by armor or toughness.
Anyone in the blast has to make an Agility test at -10 or get snared in the web.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Walter Irons

Walter forces himself to his feet, fighting the sand trying to suck him back down, and lets out a growl of frustration when he sees that all of the targets are wrapped up in melee already. He didn't want to kill allies, that was how this whole mess had started! A sudden flood of rage drowned his mind: how dare these monsters stand against them! Against him! Why was he wasting time with this gun instead of seeing the lights fade from their eyes?!

There is a roar of twin chainswords from the sand pit, and then Walter bursts over the side, kicking sand in all directions with his clumsy sprinting footsteps, charging towards the biggest enemy in sight.

Half-action stand up, Quick Draw to chainswords and then half-action move into melee to support the captain.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Iphis
Iphis nods along with the other two members of the group, adding "If you want I can try to get some more information about the water-children from Lady Kheyri, no promises if I'll have any luck though.". While she didn't exactly approve of inviting priests and paper pushers for the sake of a good party, it's not like she's an expert in politicking and intrigue (much to her Imperial family's chagrin).

Meanwhile, Robowaiter beeps authoritatively at a group of confused servants. The little robot has been tasked with the very important job of getting these people up to snuff on the finer details of hospitality and service as demanded by Forge Staurant. Despite the fact that Robowaiter does not have arms and cannot actually speak in any way, this is a task that Iphis has entrusted to Robowaiter many times. If the students can't learn, well, Iphis has no time for "idiot sandwiches" as Chef-Magos Ramsay puts it.

Xun fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 28, 2022

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Fighty folks:

Osseus’ web narrowly misses Dromedar as it falls on the two unquenched, the infallibility of his calculations demonstrating the superiority of machine over flesh. One of the creatures manages to dive out of the way of the spreading web, but the second has no such luck as the razor wire falls on it and tangles on itself, failing to cut through dried flesh but wrapping ever tighter around the captive form as the unquenched struggles against the bindings.

Savosk swings his power sword down at the enemy, and while the unquenched tries to dodge it underestimates the reach of an astartes and the blade digs deep into its side. When his foe flails at him in a desperate attempt at striking back at the space marine, he simply swats aside the attacks while resetting his stance for the next strike. 

Walter too recognises the superiority of stabbing his problems away and draws his chainsword as he closes in on his stabbee-elect. The unquenched's attention falters for a moment as it adjusts its stance to account for Walter's presence, and Beheshti seizes the opportunity. The captain's sword slips through the sheets of sand and stone floating around the creature with fluidity unsuited for something thrust through rock, and the unquenched snarls as the blade digs into its arm. The counterattack comes as a flurry of quick strikes, but with the unquenched's attention divided between two targets Walter and Beheshti both deflect the blows with ease. 

Seeing the enemy leader wounded and outnumbered, the two ritualists take the chance to prepare themselves. Airborne sand outlines the wind around them as it settles into stable orbits. Meanwhile the biomancer rushes to Aristoteles, pressing both hands on the ogryn's back. As the incantation penetrates the fear shrouding his mind something snaps and the hereteks attention returns to the battle around him. 

With one of his foes helpless before him, Dromedary absolutely mulches the unquenched trapped in a chaotic jumble of razor wire. Even inert the Frost Blade tears through desiccated flesh with terrifying ease, and in moments the creature begins to erode and crumble, leaving a surprised wraith scrambling against the pull of Osseus’ soul harvester. Enraged, the other unquenched throws itself at the space marine in a reckless flurry of grasping hands. Dromedary swats aside most of the blows but one slips through his guard, a hand scraping against armour but gouging the soul within. 

Around and among the battle the sand shifts as hands and heads start to breach the sand, and you see more unquenched drag themselves to the surface. Their forms are frayed and worn far beyond the first ones you faced and their movements less coordinated, but their numbers are great and even in the moment it takes you to register their presence more appear, sand dripping from their decayed bodies as they rise around you. 

Unquenched 3 is dead in corporeal form and currently hanging out as a ghost about to get vacuumed. Unquenched 2 is unharmed and in melee with Dromedar. Dromedar has taken another hit for 4 damage. 
Unquenched 4 is at 15/30 wounds and in melee with Savosk. 
The unquenched leader is in melee with Walter and the captain, and at 53/60 wounds. 
A horde of frayed unquenched is spread around you but not yet in melee with any of you. Current magnitude 10. 

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Walter Irons

There was nothing in his world now but the lethal dance of hand-to-hand combat. Walter's conscious mind had retreated to a tiny pinprick of light in a seething red darkness, watching with vague curiosity from a safe distance as his body did all the work. Now he was nothing but a machine driven by killer instinct and darker forces. All the guard had ever taught him was "fix bayonets," and yet he fought like a master, any shortcomings overcome by the locals' Guidance.

Pressure the foe, endless pressure. Never let it breathe, even if it doesn't breathe to begin with. The thrusting attacks of the captain's sword were a perfect complement to the ruthless hacking of chainswords. Walter weaves back and forth, trading places with the captain again and again, constantly circling and looking for openings. After a few more seconds of this, Walter cuts behind the captain, blocking the unquenched's view of him for half a moment and forcing it to assume he's circling right for another exchange. It turns to block him-- and he digs his heels into the sand behind the captain and reverses his momentum with all his strength, spinning around him to his left instead and swiping both chainswords across the unquenched's midsection as it looks the other way.

Feint Opposed (WS 50): 8, 6 DoS (5 +1 from Adroit), if the Unquenched Leader can't beat that with its own WS test it can't evade my next attack.

BC Mono Chainsword Attack vs 90 (50 Base +10 Standard +10 Ganging Up +10 Double Team +10 Guidance +10 BC -10 Two Weapon Fighting): 76

BC Mono Chainsword Damage, Pen 4: 14

BC Chainsword Attack vs 90: 96 lol

BC Chainsword IP Reroll vs 90: 7

BC Chainsword Damage, Pen 2: 15

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Apr 10, 2022

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Osseus 49/9-Z

Continuing to analyze the quickly changing battlefield, Osseus's lightning-fast calculations conclude that the Astartes are easily a match for the psychic ghosts in hand combat. The unquenched leader is less clear. Further data beneficial: opportunity to assess capabilities of local captain and more mature psychic beast. Do not impede. Risk to Walter: minimal, he concludes.

Given all of this information, the horde arising from the sands occupies Osseus's attention, both in immediacy, but also logically. "0101011101010001001001 01001 01001000100 10 01001001 0100 1001 001 0 01 00010 0010001001000100111010101 01001001 01001 01001000100 10 01001001 0100 1001 001 0 01 00010 101010001001001 01001 01001000100 10 01001001 0100 1001 001 0 01 00010 00010001001000100111010101000100 10 01001001 0100 10," he hisses at a frequency bordering subsonic, the binaric code compressed into an instant, issuing a priority command to Protector Skull Null. Simultaneously seeing the effects of the spirit trap begin to work, Osseus's dendritic tentacles snake out into coils lifting him from his prone position of cover and he quickly advances towards the disembodied spirit slain by Dromedar, attempting to capture it before it has time to flee. Opportunity to capture many lesser spirits. Coordinate timing, he cogitates.

The servo-skull responds in a binaric string conforming receipt of the command, and swivels in midair, aiming, then bringing its grenade launcher arm to bear. With a click and then a thump, a blight grenade flies into the midst of the emerging horde. The withering blast would devastate ordinary mortals, it remains to be seen how much of their biology has been replaced by their psychic spirit.

With the explosion nearby freeing the souls of many unquenched, Osseus prepares to capture as many as possible, while watching the ritualists in anticipation for their reactions. Frustration? Awe? They witness the superiority of a machine god. "Encouraging," his synthesized voice calls out. "Continue. Be wary of further subterfuge, creatures have demonstrated ability to delay offensive abilities to maximize effectiveness.

Servo Skull attack roll: https://orokos.com/roll/938924 (Success, 71 vs. 80)
Servo Skull damage roll: https://orokos.com/roll/938925 9E ignores armor, blast 6, toxic 2 - if I understand how hordes work, that's 7 magnitude damage from the blast? Test against is at a -20 to avoid another hit.
Osseus's two actions used to stand from prone and advance 4m nearer the action, and letting the trap hoover these baddies.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Dromedar

drat things were like fighting the desert itself. The power field crackled loudly as it passed through a trail of loose sand but the would-be champion would compensate. He shifted his grip slightly and centered his weight for another attack.

Half action to aim, standard attack vs 70
Attack vs 70: 1d100 69
Damage: 1d10+18 24

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
City crew:
The urchin goes silent for a moment before responding to Dedjazil’s request, a spectrum of surprise, disbelief, and fear evident through the mental connection. Eventually the mercenary child makes up his mind, the mix of emotions settling into a stable undercurrent of cautious ambition.

quote:

“Okay. It'll cost you, but… ok. You're some sort of big shot from who knows where. You’re clearly dealing with something we'll never know about. That’s fine."

You get the distinct impression the latter part is intended as a condition for their future employment rather than as a complaint.

quote:

"You fork over hazard pay, and I'll have the gang keep an eye out on any high and mighty turning up dead in a gutter. If your enemy turns out to be completely nerfshit crazy and actually does what you thought she might, all we know is that you were working against the weird stranger.”

Later in the day, Jamie approaches the innkeeper for information about the water-children. The upper classes make for natural topics of gossip, and your friend Mojtaba loves few things more. The gregarious innkeeper enthusiastically offers to facilitate introductions, clearly eager to secure a share of your success for himself. Flavus quickly realizes your friend is less interested in the water-children themselves than in their minders, dismissing the noble scions as little more than transient pawns in the doings of their families. A concern for those worried over matters of faith or policy, of little use for those interested in more secular matters, he explains before moving on. A longer than expected chat later, Flavus walks away with a sense of which temples were reputed to be either admirably open-minded or shockingly scandal-prone depending on one's point of view.

Iphis briefly greets a group of local staff who will be assisting you, before informing them they will receive an introduction to your strange offworld needs and procedures from her personal assistant. To the surprise and bafflement of those gathered, Robowaiter smoothly slides out from under a table, beeping positively while a welcoming smiley shimmers on its display screen. The limbless serving tray on wheels begins to teach the crew through a series of beeps and boops punctuated by sporadic flashes of instructional pixel art. Heedless of the barriers of language and topology, the beepings continue until competence improves, which against all odds eventually happens.

Meanwhile Iphis peruses her correspondence with Kheyri, focusing on the few questions she had asked about potential guests. While the water-children had not been a focus of their discussions they had been mentioned in the broader context of the city’s high and mighty, and a few points catch Iphis’ eye in a way they had originally not. Kheyri appears skeptical about the feasibility of inviting senior water-children to an event hosted by outsiders so close before a major local holiday. Iphis had simply regarded the holiday as an interesting tidbit that would not be relevant until it happened in a couple of months, but with closer scrutiny she realizes that participation in a single year’s jašn-e jariyân festivities appears to be both the culmination and purpose of a water-child’s career and the means by which they exert their influence on society outside their immediate personal sphere.