Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

MiracleFlare posted:

For some stupid reason I tried to play Maplestory again a couple weeks ago. I spent 10 minutes in an unskippable cutscene that was identical to the cutscene that ran the last time that event happened, and as soon as I finally got to actually play the servers went down for emergency maintenance. Then a couple days later I went to play again but there was another maintenance and finally my sanity returned to me and I uninstalled

This has nothing to do with gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti', I just wanted to talk about Maplestory, another relic of old times that somehow hasn't died

Who is your favorite Maplestory NPC? I will always be partial to JM From Tha Streetz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

deep dish peat moss posted:

Who is your favorite Maplestory NPC? I will always be partial to JM From Tha Streetz

I like Chief Stan because he used to give you a cool hat when you did his quests but the quest was removed a long time ago so now it's a vintage collectable

also Kao because they're just me but even worse of a gently caress-up. RIP to Kao you were a real sister

edit: I changed my mind, the real best character was the old lady in the cloud world who would threaten to drop your fame level (a fate worse than death) if you kept bothering her

MiracleFlare fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 18, 2023

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

eonwe posted:

i know what the meaning of the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti' is tho

gamefaqs had a message board called Life, the Universe, and Everything (board ID 42) and they'd do board invasions and they had fads (precursor to memes) and they'd post ASCII art like a house made up of words like WHY MUST YOU TURN THIS PLACE INTO A HOUSE OF LIES and then they kept ordering pizza's to the house of the administrator CJayC and being a pain in rear end

so he privated the board and then eventually Llamaguy created a place called LUElinks where you could upload pirated content and post the link ID on LUE

but the mods said you couldnt' do that so everyone migrated to LUElinks instead and then they removed the links once Megaupload went away the first time and it eventually became 'End of the Internet' or 'eti'

and now since Llamaguy is closing it, it is the Blue Websight

so really its the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti' blue websight

That's crazy as hell

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
A Maplestory goon lent me a Korean fan for my Str Thief back in 2007ish? Sorry I forgot to give it back, please let me know who you were and we'll work something out. I was in Goonsquad3 lead by Armitage.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tarkus posted:

The username CJayC sounds familiar, were they a user here back in the day?

he owned GameFAQs and made a mint selling it to Gamespot

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

eonwe posted:

Ah, ok, makes sense.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Someone better tell me what the hell is going down with the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti' or you're all getting 100k probations

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Cubone posted:

yes?

can't bust the krust, suck my dick you fuckman, turn your monitor on, suck the poo poo straight out of my rear end in a top hat, gas thread ban op, tuggin, please don't sing dragula, dad gay so what?, im permabanned poster n*****stomper58, EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM

Don't forget the 6 funny dril tweets!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Someone better tell me what the hell is going down with the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti' or you're all getting 100k probations

its shutting down

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

eonwe posted:

I assumed gamefaqs was floundering and gamespot scooped it up. That fellow surely made off like a bandit then.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Llamaguy should have tried to offload the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti' blue websight when he could have still made $1000 off it

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I used gamefaqs to see how good each class in Wizardry 7 is just the other day! -Old man using the internet

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

My ex stole my luelinks account in 2009

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Why not 'eoti' ?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I've never heard of this before, so I looked it up and it said it's "the most successful gamefaqs spinoff"

Had no idea there was one, let alone many.

Anyway, isn't gamefaqs a spinoff of segasages or something?

\/\/ idgi? \/\/

credburn fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Apr 18, 2023

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

credburn posted:

I've never heard of this before, so I looked it up and it said it's "the most successful gamefaqs spinoff"

Had no idea there was one, let alone many.

Anyway, isn't gamefaqs a spinoff of segasages or something?

🆒️

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
i met my best friends on luelinks

it also caused legitimate trauma in my adult life

i guess what i'm saying is there's no way to know if letting a clique of serial abusers, pedophiles, and grifters run unchecked for 19 years is good or bad!!!!!!

e: im clearly being sarcastic on the last point- gently caress the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti'

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
the gamefaqs spinoff? in my LUElinks?

it's more 'eti' than you think!

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Fun fact, gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti'

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Cubone posted:

goons have been posting this phrase on the something awful forums for I think longer than I've been posting here, and I have never known what it means

I assume it's like skullmund or bread & roses and there's some kind of weird little offshoot that people like to plug here for some reason, but I literally can't even parse what it's saying
there's too many words, and in an arrangement that words don't go in

it's like if I were to write my pet dog brint 'scoopert'
you'd be like "wait, do you have a pet dog named brint, and then you just also said the word 'scoopert' in scare quotes for some reason? or do you have a pet dog brint named 'scoopert'? (and if so what is a dog brint?) or do you have a pet dog named brint 'scoopert' and the second word is in inverted commas for some reason? none of these options make sense. you're speaking gibberish"

Now I'm seriously wanting to get a dog so I can name it brint 'scoopert'.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I barely know what gamefaqs was, I know luelinks only as "an eight character string" and I've never heard of eti prior to this thread

I do know that if you prompt StableDiffusion/Deliberate with "the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti' is shutting down" then you get a lot of this regret your life decisions _very_ quickly.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Apr 18, 2023

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I hope Gaia Online can take up the slack

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti'

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cubone posted:

yes?

can't bust the krust, suck my dick you fuckman, turn your monitor on, suck the poo poo straight out of my rear end in a top hat, gas thread ban op, tuggin, please don't sing dragula, dad gay so what?, im permabanned poster n*****stomper58, EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM

Much like you're posting

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

BigBadSteve posted:

Now I'm seriously wanting to get a drawing tablet so I can create the unlicensed Dilbert spin-off brint 'scoopert'.

Find it exclusively on the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks ‘eti’

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

eonwe posted:

i know what the meaning of the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti' is tho

gamefaqs had a message board called Life, the Universe, and Everything (board ID 42) and they'd do board invasions and they had fads (precursor to memes) and they'd post ASCII art like a house made up of words like WHY MUST YOU TURN THIS PLACE INTO A HOUSE OF LIES and then they kept ordering pizza's to the house of the administrator CJayC and being a pain in rear end

so he privated the board and then eventually Llamaguy created a place called LUElinks where you could upload pirated content and post the link ID on LUE

but the mods said you couldnt' do that so everyone migrated to LUElinks instead and then they removed the links once Megaupload went away the first time and it eventually became 'End of the Internet' or 'eti'

and now since Llamaguy is closing it, it is the Blue Websight

so really its the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti' blue websight

That was less funny than I hoped it would be. I'll enjoy SA as it without the boring explanations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti' blue websight "the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti' is shutting down" spinoff thread.

blink polyfill
Feb 29, 2020

MrQwerty posted:

Llamaguy should have tried to offload the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti' blue websight when he could have still made $1000 off it

that guy is worth like literally $50,000,000. im not sure any amount of money could have been paid for him to give a poo poo

Jackland
Sep 17, 2007
aching to destroy you

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

i guess what i'm saying is there's no way to know if letting a clique of serial abusers, pedophiles, and grifters run unchecked for 19 years is good or bad!!!!!!

e: im clearly being sarcastic on the last point- gently caress the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti'

Given you got banned from LUE for grooming and pimping out underage girls it’d probably best if no one here lets you run unchecked for another 19 years either.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Jackland posted:

Given you got banned from LUE for grooming and pimping out underage girls it’d probably best if no one here lets you run unchecked for another 19 years either.

:frogon:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Lmao

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Jackland posted:

Ok wait hold on

What?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks "eti"

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ok wait hold on

What?

thinking this as well

Bunnelby
Apr 26, 2023

Don't forget to tell everyone about your best friend, the 15 year old girl you and your freak partner groomed and convinced to move in with you, you rapist. You should follow the lead of the leader of this freakshow and put a bullet in your skull.

Proffler
May 6, 2015

so you think you're not a pedophile for patiently waiting for that child to turn 18 (that you met when she was 15 on eti) before you let her start living with you?

we checked our pedos and banned them, turns out they ended up on SA

ttotm
Mar 31, 2011

this is a from

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Someone needs to explain what the hell is going on right now. If you want to PM me feel free because these are some pretty huge accusations

Bunnelby
Apr 26, 2023

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ok wait hold on

What?

He literally got banned for grooming a 15 year old girl who he convinced to move in with him the second she turned 18. But don't worry, they were just really close friends! It doesn't matter that he and his partner were in their 30s!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

hmmm