Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

This would possibly require fewer eevee cards, and therefore is unacceptable to Dan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
truly, the eeveestrats have been vindicated

once again, the fighting pokemon are useless

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
My suggestion, go hard on Eevees. Just run electic water decks, with two of each of the eeveelutions, then just squirt for the rest. Drown them

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Pokemon TCG Episode 11 - Could Not Get Over That

...I'm sorry

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

That bit made me extremely mad :gizz:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

This episode went very special places.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Like that Mew card he stole.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I actually figured out later that it was a mewTWO card that I stole, and it's still in the binder, so there <:mad:>

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

So the answer to the Mew thing is that the Mew you got from cards, in Japan was a rare card from their Fossil expansion, while in America it was a promo card given out at tournaments. So since the game uses the Japanese expansion set it was put as normal and they added 2 extra promo Mews (one who can only be gotten by Popping with other players). So :ms:

Also it's okay, there are worse crimes than stealing a Pokemon card. Like being lent a copy of Pokemon XD and scratching it to the point it doesn't work gently caress you henry that poo poo sells for 200 now

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Huh, the 9:30 noodles is indeed a familiar thing, down to it being Mr. Noodles.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Pokemon TCG Episode 12 - My Favourite Fire Type Pokemon

I guess two is enough to become a fire club leader

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

What the gently caress was with that coin. Jesus.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Pokemon TCG Episode 13 - Bite The Goop

Wow I Do Not Like Mr. Mime

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

He's pretty weak to attacks that poison, or just any status effect that persists past the player turn(everything but paralysis).

Or if you really want to be lazy, just toss a few ratatta into your deck. 20 damage for one energy and psychic resist chumps the nuisance.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Honestly you guys have got to at least consider rebuilding your deck from the ground up. This deck is severely showing its age.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
I love your commitment to not ever trying to custom your deck to the gym you are facing to the extent of taking a water deck to the grass gym.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

I love your commitment to not ever trying to custom your deck to the gym you are facing to the extent of taking a water deck to the grass gym.

To be fair, that's typically a neutral matchup.

Water tends to be weak to lighting, which is weak to fighting, which tends to be weak to grass(rock/ground) or psychic(fighting). Psychic is weak to itself. Grass is weak to fire(grass/bug) or psychic(poison). Fire is weak to water. Colorless is weak to fighting(normal) or lightning(flying).

Resistance wise, it's mostly normal resists psychic, ground resists electric, and flying resists fighting mimicking immunities in the games.

So water against grass is unexpectedly just a straight-up slugfest with type not mattering.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
We actually do put together another deck in the episode after this one

But in the meantime:

Let's Play Pokemon TCG Episode 14 - Why Would You Ever

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

bunnyofdoom posted:

At some point it becomes a commitment to annoying viewers who want Dan to do something sensible, which is also very on-brand.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
I mean, you have a flareon. You can still do Eevee heavy!

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Dan doing whatever the gently caress he pleases, sense or whether it's optimal or even a good idea be damned, and still pulling it off is a time-honored appeal of the Dan & Grace strategy experience.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

If we did thread title changes, "A thread full of experts that I am NOT listening to" would be a solid title quote.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Akratic Method posted:

If we did thread title changes, "A thread full of experts that I am NOT listening to" would be a solid title quote.

Nah, it should be his avatar text

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
i was really expecting nobody to read the jynx attack text and just try to plow through with the 30 damage on vaporeon, and doubly surprised when it was grace paying attention to the game

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

On one hand the playthrough is inmensely more fun seeing them stumble with their horror of a deck cause with a proper built deck the game can be a bit too easy.

On the other hand seeing them doubt between usinh Jolteon or Eevee against Mr Mime when Jolteon had 4 damage counters and Eevee both resists Psychic and can damage Mew was hair pulling so it's a land of contrasts.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Pokemon TCG Episode 15 - Harumaki Dansu

There I made a new deck are you dweebs happy :mad:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Danaru posted:

Yes

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Danaru posted:

Needs more evee.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
You misread that charizard power. He can just transform any energy card on him into a fire energy.
That's literally useless if you only have fire energy cards.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Isn't that what I said? I might be remembering a later episode but the plan I remember coming up with is popping some double colourless in the deck (which it turns out are a pain to grind out :argh:) so he can get into the fight quicker

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Nah, during the video, you were saying it's like blastoise but for fire and how amazing that is in an all fire deck. Also that it would be worth to get him on the bench just to make the others fire up faster. So yeah, definitely some misconception there aft that point.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Woof yeah I definitely read it right later on, at least :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Pokemon TCG Episode 16 - One More Eggs

That's too many eggs

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Yes, it was funny.

Significantly, because of how much it upset Grace. But you two do that to each other a lot, so no matter who does it, you deserve each other.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
"Sometimes, you gotta be spicy!"
\

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 21, 2023

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

I enjoyed Grace's sullen spiteful silence. You can just feel the face he's making.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

disposablewords posted:

Yes, it was funny.

Significantly, because of how much it upset Grace. But you two do that to each other a lot, so no matter who does it, you deserve each other.

And also the immense regret oozing from Dan before he managed to turn it around again.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

it was very funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Huh so this is how you actually play pokemon cards, I collected them as a kid but had no idea how to play. It's only been about 25ish years.