Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

FPzero posted:

Episode 15: Subway Opinions

A discussion of sandwiches and family.

I'm making my way through this series slowly and it's been really helpful to watch alongside me playing through with some friends, so thanks!

Do you have a source on Looting increasing soul shards? All I can find online says that Looting and Fortune don't work at all in vaults.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

You're welcome, glad you're enjoying it!

To answer your question, I don't. It was all just a feeling I got from comparing how many I received from Mike with and without it. If they're truly not active in various, maybe it was all just a placebo effect. But either way, looting is definitely nice for random overworld mobs, especially creepers for fireworks and phantoms for elytra.

Edit: Wait, I know Fortune works on vault ores. If it didn't, there would be no way I'm getting 4+ materials from a single block. Maybe you're finding old info for other versions of the game?

FPzero fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 7, 2023

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Mystical Ag and Bees

With the farm rework I did last video, I can finally start up passive resource generation through mystical agriculture and bees. I set up a way to autocraft the essences into materials and make the perfect bees

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

FPzero posted:

Edit: Wait, I know Fortune works on vault ores. If it didn't, there would be no way I'm getting 4+ materials from a single block. Maybe you're finding old info for other versions of the game?

According to the FAQ on the Vault Hunters Reddit, Fortune works fine but Looting doesn't work in the vaults.

Trying to find information on this pack is difficult. I don't think I've played anything with this much misinformation being spread around for quite a while.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Let's fight some bosses

This video I go after the wilden chimaera, wither, warden and ender dragon for their drops. And to collect combat data for future neural network stuff. gently caress the warden!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode 16: Chill bridge building session

I was gonna see what happened to this video's analytics if I named this episode "I spent one hour building a bridge!" or something like that but then my soul started draining from my ears and I just couldn't do it in the end. Algorithms are bad.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Let's Make a Kitchen

Forgot to post this with the last video. I couldn't really put this in with a nearly 45 minute video fighting bosses, so its its own thing. Cooking with blockheads lets you make a proper kitchen which pulls from the inventory of everything connected to the kitchen, including certain cooking tools.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Any plans for all that extra food production capability, or just "well, it was there, so might as well show it off"?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Pretty much just there so I can make whatever food I need. Some of the more complicated to make foods give buffs and really, not sure why I didn't make those before fighting the bosses (I made the kitchen before doing all that)

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Leal posted:

Let's fight some bosses

This video I go after the wilden chimaera, wither, warden and ender dragon for their drops. And to collect combat data for future neural network stuff. gently caress the warden!

The wither and warden seemed like total bullshit. Are they vanilla or are they from one of the mods?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Maigius posted:

The wither and warden seemed like total bullshit. Are they vanilla or are they from one of the mods?

Those are vanilla! I can't imagine fighting the warden in vanilla where you can't get extra health and auto feeding backpacks to keep your health up.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

FPzero posted:

Episode 16: Chill bridge building session

I was gonna see what happened to this video's analytics if I named this episode "I spent one hour building a bridge!" or something like that but then my soul started draining from my ears and I just couldn't do it in the end. Algorithms are bad.

if you want to spice up your building have a look at the Trowel tool in VH.

the way it works is you put all the blocks you want to build with in your hotbar and the trowel pulls one at random and places it down, essentially creating a palette to build from.

It works surprisingly well and helps make structures look less like solid blocks and more organic structures.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

AceClown posted:

if you want to spice up your building have a look at the Trowel tool in VH.

the way it works is you put all the blocks you want to build with in your hotbar and the trowel pulls one at random and places it down, essentially creating a palette to build from.

It works surprisingly well and helps make structures look less like solid blocks and more organic structures.

Oh neat, I'll have to try it out sometime. I'll bet it works great with anything that has a bunch of stonecutting options.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode 17: The first vault "failure"

It's totally okay to fail a vault as long as you manage to escape in time. Just try not to do it very often, or you won't get very far!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Gear Salvaging and Farming Endermen

I realized the Endermen in the End have extra drops, diamond and netherite equipment that have prefixes, starting from rare and going to mythic. So I set up a system to farm them and salvage the equipment. Oh and I visit the mining dimension and get some allthemodium.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode 18: Candyland

It's too happy and bright in here, there must be a hidden danger.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

The Bunnyfungus was cute.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

FPzero posted:

Episode 18: Candyland

It's too happy and bright in here, there must be a hidden danger.

lol I had you on a second monitor while I was doing something else and as soon I heard "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT" I knew you'd found bigfungus

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Let's Play SevTech: Ages - Update 17 - "This is not The End of the LP"

Yeah, yeah, I'm not dead. Just been catching up on my AoEII LP. More experienced players probably don't need to do this much prep for the Ender Dragon, but every time in testing that I tried to face it, it immediately catapulted me across half the map, so this is more of an extended prep montage than anything else.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode 19: Update 12 is here!

Not much happens this episode, but it's good to take the time to see what's changed in the new major Vault Hunters update, so join me as we check out some of the changes.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Let's Play SevTech: Ages - Update 18 - "This is The End of the LP"

Alas, this is not just a pun on the previous update title and me making it through The End, but also an announcement that I am bringing the LP to a close. While I still think the early part of the grind in SevTech is overstated, and that Ages 1-3 are fantastic, the Age 4+ grind has indeed become unmanageable without this becoming a different kind of mod experience entirely, and not one that I feel equipped to handle. I guess I should have heeded all the warnings of those commenters that said the game starts unraveling in Age 4 and falls apart entirely in Age 5/5.5 after all.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Thanks for giving us a great playthrough of the LP Jossar! I can't blame you for stopping where you did, the industrial optimization brain seems to be something you either have or don't, and I felt the same way when I got to later parts of Gregtech New Horizons. Stopping where you're finished having fun is the way to go, so you end on a high note and can look back on what you did fondly. The pack looks really interesting in a certain way, especially how they've modified so much in terms of recipes, early game, mod interaction and choices, etc. I'm glad we got to see it thanks to you.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode 20: My computer tries desperately to stop me from playing

My PC is definitely showing its age, I think I'm going to stop recording separate audio for a bit because VH is starting to tax my CPU and it's showing in recordings. I actually had Episode 19's audio desync at some point because of this and I had to go and fix it up before it went live.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

FPzero posted:

Episode 20: My computer tries desperately to stop me from playing

My PC is definitely showing its age, I think I'm going to stop recording separate audio for a bit because VH is starting to tax my CPU and it's showing in recordings. I actually had Episode 19's audio desync at some point because of this and I had to go and fix it up before it went live.

Woo! Level 20! I'm interesting to see the new vault stuff. Besides a little stuttering at the start of the vault the computer troubles didn't seem noticeable in the final video.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode 21: I'm finally Level 20!

Level 20 brings lots and lots of changes to the vaults, most obviously there are lots more enemies and they are stronger to boot.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode 22: A stressful Scavenger Hunt

We get to experience the third vault type, the Scavenger Hunt! It can be very stressful at times but if you complete it your EXP rewards are quite great...

Also this is the first recording session where I'm going to try a more "one episode in the vault, one episode outside the vault" kind of format so I get to do a little bit of everything and produce ~30 minute episodes instead of 50 minute behemoths.

FPzero fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 8, 2023

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode 23: Laying the Trading Hall foundations

I've been talking about it for a long time now, it's finally time to employ the villagers and create a trade hall for them.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

FPzero posted:

I've been talking about it for a long time now, it's finally time to employ the villagers and create a trade hall for them.

Villagers taken out of a box and put into a slightly larger box :v:

I've also had some fatigue with minecraft which is why my updates haven't been coming out. Once I was ready I got a sore throat and then got distracted in some other games. I'll have the next update out tomorrow

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

FPzero posted:

Unexpectedly for me I'm enjoying the building episodes quite a bit. I usually skip past building episodes for Minecraft stuff but yours is really relaxing.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Starting to make it a real lively place, over there in FP Village.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode 24: Beach Cave Brawl

Who brings a trident to a swordfight!?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I'm glad people are still enjoying the relaxed vibe of the videos. I know this isn't a particularly active thread and I may have started this series for myself but I love knowing people are enjoying what I create.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I came home after a hectic day of errands hoping you'd have posted a new video, and was pleasantly surprised to find one waiting for me. I'm still really enjoying it--thank you, and keep up the good work!

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Yeah, a very relaxed video, and still full of little moments that I really liked, mostly involving things falling (lanterns, Drowned, etc.).

Not too sure how well that point in Sorcery is working out though, seems like you're always at just-under max health. Might want to consider resetting it, if you can.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

It's worth noting that I currently have an odd number of Max hit points. Since Minecraft's hearts each represent 2 HP, that means an odd max will display as a half heart. The better way to check if Sorcery is working it's to watch for a blue heart 💙 to show up in the top right corner with my other passive effects.

It does feel like a skill that needs many points in it to be most effective though. I'll need to do my best to stay topped off during my runs. I could probably do with using my potion more often, especially now that it has regeneration on it.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode 25: Mekanism's Beginnings!

It's time to unlock the first big mod: Mekanism! Although I'm quite disappointed even the basic generators for it are locked behind additional research. Well, hopefully it'll all work out, and who knows how much I'll really need big tech mod stuff for right now.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode 26: The search for Black Opal Ore

Back into the vaults. Today we need to find some Black Opal in order to make black chromatic steel, so let's hope we find some mining spots!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Seems like Vault hunters isnt immune to minecraft mod tedium bloat. Black opal just seems way too low drop rate for how much you need.
Does it eventually allow you to circumvent vaults for some materials?

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Seems like Vault hunters isnt immune to minecraft mod tedium bloat. Black opal just seems way too low drop rate for how much you need.
Does it eventually allow you to circumvent vaults for some materials?

While watching, I was wondering if one or more of the vault modifiers gave a higher chance of ore spawning in the vault.
There were some cool bits generated, like that rib cage and house. Hopefully Mekanism is worth it as it seems resource intensive. The power being separate both felt like BS and vaguely understandable as multiple mods use power and that probably didn't need to be duplicated in several packs. Could have mentioned that part before you unlock the pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Maigius posted:

While watching, I was wondering if one or more of the vault modifiers gave a higher chance of ore spawning in the vault.
There were some cool bits generated, like that rib cage and house. Hopefully Mekanism is worth it as it seems resource intensive. The power being separate both felt like BS and vaguely understandable as multiple mods use power and that probably didn't need to be duplicated in several packs. Could have mentioned that part before you unlock the pack.

If you're paying attention* you will see that Mekanism Generators is listed as a separate unlockable mod, and if you hover over the generators in JEI it will tell you it requires the Mekanism Generators research. This is usually nothing more than an annoying gotcha, but the fact that the dev team thinks it is even an option, let alone a good idea, is kind of batshit.

The real move is to unlock Powah as your power mod because Powah is brokenly good for passive generation.

*I was not paying attention when I played.