Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

CubicalSucrose posted:

Case or vibes?

Pettiness. You voted Trajan in his first game back in like a decade. Or at least first game I’ve played with him in a decade.

I mean your pander vote earned you a lot of good latitude but gotta vote somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Voodoofly posted:

Pettiness. You voted Trajan in his first game back in like a decade. Or at least first game I’ve played with him in a decade.

I mean your pander vote earned you a lot of good latitude but gotta vote somewhere.

Ah, fair. Traj and I both just played in Illu's Moomin game. We were both town and got destroyed.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.

Sandwolf posted:

I got you a test of friendship for Christmas

You passed!

:bighow:

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well, that's my burden, I guess.

CubicalSucrose posted:

Ah, fair. Traj and I both just played in Illu's Moomin game. We were both town and got destroyed.

Quite miserably! My play would have been entirely different had Stalin understood his item.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Voodoofly posted:

Voting me is the surest sign of scumitude and you know it

*Squints eyes at you*

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Pander posted:

*Squints eyes at you*

I mean, I did spend time thinking "Sure that's a fun bit, but is it a fun bit that scum would be more likely to make vs town? Absolutely not. But....would scumPander be more likely to make it vs townPander? Perhaps."

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Pander posted:

*Squints eyes at you*

As in “no longer voting Trajan”

But now maybe I meant something more

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Is it love?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Toadsmash posted:

Is it love?

If it's love, if it really is, it's there in his kiss.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

yeah sure ##vote pander

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

It's My Second ReReg.

This is a REAL VOTE.

##vote: MSRR

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

^ I'm operating under the assumption that this guy is some kind of Josef alter ego

Trajan isn't trying to drag us kicking and screaming out of joke phase yet and I totally buy that as awkward newbie scum, I like this direction a lot for now

##vote Trajan

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well, that's my burden, I guess.

Toadsmash posted:

^ I'm operating under the assumption that this guy is some kind of Josef alter ego

Trajan isn't trying to drag us kicking and screaming out of joke phase yet and I totally buy that as awkward newbie scum, I like this direction a lot for now

##vote Trajan

I was playing mafia on SA before you registered.

##Vote: Toad

This is like the worst argument ever.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

YOU GET OFF MY LAWN

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

Toadsmash posted:

YOU GET OFF MY LAWN

You’re on my land!

I actually wish this game was as active as moonin was. I can’t sleep and I’d like to argue with people to,feel better about myself.

Want to argue toad?

Want to discuss anyone or anything?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I don't really have much to argue about but you can yell at me if you want

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

It's My Second ReReg.

This is a REAL VOTE.

See, I knew it!

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Yell at me first!

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

trajanmax posted:

You’re on my land!

I actually wish this game was as active as moonin was. I can’t sleep and I’d like to argue with people to,feel better about myself.

Want to argue toad?

Want to discuss anyone or anything?

What's your stance on uhh... controversial holiday thing? For or against?

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

Toadsmash posted:

Yell at me first!

Your avatar is bloody UGLY!!!!!

CubicalSucrose posted:

What's your stance on uhh... controversial holiday thing? For or against?

IRL I’m over Christmas already hahaha. The Non Profit I run does loads of poo poo for Christmas so I’ve been in Christmas mode since Mid November. Kinda sucks actually, it sucks the life out of the real holiday for.

CCKeane posted:

It's My Second ReReg.

This is a REAL VOTE.

Voodoofly posted:

yeah sure ##vote pander

These seem like legit votes. At least CC’s. I don’t see it as odd to throw a vote on Pander, by day one standards at least. I would be interested if Keane can shed more light on this vote. Not questioning it in any way really, just saying it is worthy of discussion.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pander popping in to say "oh yeah voting me is scummy" and then leaving again without a vote or anything feels scummy too

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Pander popping in to say "oh yeah voting me is scummy" and then leaving again without a vote or anything feels scummy too

I remember Pander. I seem to think he kind of always looked scummy? Look at me trying to meta game with knowledge that is a decade out of date.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

trajanmax posted:

Your avatar is bloody UGLY!!!!!

IRL I’m over Christmas already hahaha. The Non Profit I run does loads of poo poo for Christmas so I’ve been in Christmas mode since Mid November. Kinda sucks actually, it sucks the life out of the real holiday for.

These seem like legit votes. At least CC’s. I don’t see it as odd to throw a vote on Pander, by day one standards at least. I would be interested if Keane can shed more light on this vote. Not questioning it in any way really, just saying it is worthy of discussion.

Keane vote. From what I recall of Keane's play, it's fairly light early on. M2RR has posted more than they normally would for a D1 at this point, I think, but had a decent amount of convo about them early so it could be seen as a "safe" vote for scum. Keane voting without any actual info or case isn't unreasonable, for Keane or for D1 broadly. I'd say I lean slightly scummier on Keane than I did before you suggested I think about this.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

trajanmax posted:

I remember Pander. I seem to think he kind of always looked scummy? Look at me trying to meta game with knowledge that is a decade out of date.

Sure, maybe, but that doesn't make them not scum

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

CubicalSucrose posted:

Keane vote. From what I recall of Keane's play, it's fairly light early on. M2RR has posted more than they normally would for a D1 at this point, I think, but had a decent amount of convo about them early so it could be seen as a "safe" vote for scum. Keane voting without any actual info or case isn't unreasonable, for Keane or for D1 broadly. I'd say I lean slightly scummier on Keane than I did before you suggested I think about this.

Well I wasn’t insinuating Keane was scummy, more looking to spark conversation regarding the vote.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

True story!

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

CubicalSucrose posted:

Looking back at MSRR, 4 posts so far, not counting the sign up post. If that’s a lot I’ll forget they are playing.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

trajanmax posted:

Well I wasn’t insinuating Keane was scummy, more looking to spark conversation regarding the vote.

What are your thoughts on Sandwolf this game?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah my pander vote is real the reply to me felt a little strained.

I’d still vote someone else for a better reason though

Better reason meaning any reason probably.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

CubicalSucrose posted:

What are your thoughts on Sandwolf this game?

Kinda like TPC in Moomin I’ll say up front I have a bias towards liking Sandwolf, I remember him well from back in the day, and he is the one that drew my attention to the signups here. I would like to see more of him in the thread though.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sand has a standing invitation to mistletoe land with Santa and me.

All of you do.

Except keane. We respect his wishes.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

Pander posted:

Hi folks. Anyone get a role PM yet?

I remember this post didn’t set well with me. It’s basically meaningless for me to,say that as I can’t add anything with substance to it but yeah. Mild gut I guess?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

CCKeane posted:

It's My Second ReReg.

This is a REAL VOTE.

ok but why though?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
And yes I do, genuinely, 100% hate D1. I think 'joke phase' is nebulous BS, and the crowd throwing 'joke votes' at the start of a game typically end up being scum.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Hey, speaking of!

trajanmax posted:

##Vote: My Second ReReg

The only person here I don’t know!

to

Hal Incandenza posted:

I’m good with eliminating the interloper.

##vote rereg

and then

trajanmax posted:

Only scum would do this!

Trap sprung!

##Unvote
##Vote: Hal

feels a little weird - kinda cozy, you might say.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cube who’s scum? Same question Pander

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

Pander and...one of you / Toad / Hal.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'd go Pander today too. "Role fishing under the guise of didn't read the op" absolutely sounds like something quite a few scum would try.

Sand actually poking people and trying to get town moving is about as novel as one of you suddenly growing eyestalks and I think I'd lean slightly away from going that way today. I was getting some pretty ick tingles from Sand/Opo in hydra game that turned out to be dead on, doesn't vibe like the same Sand here so far

I never have a clue how to read Cube on D1. He's a wildcard

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

same question to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

same question to you

I agree with folks on pander, your vote on pander also kinda pinged me but I’m having fun chumming along with you, Toad gives me town vibes

Keane’s contributions also seem maybe a little…lackluster in the bad way?