Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i sure killed a bunch of aliens relative to how many missions i went on :c00l:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

watho posted:

i sure killed a bunch of aliens relative to how many missions i went on :c00l:

You were shooting rockets and grenades into groups. it helps. the numbers work out so weird because I think they should count assists.

Thinking I'll get Enemy Unknown downloaded and do that game starting this weekend. Just gonna random the order of the names and load everyone in whatever order they come up.

RavenousScoot

nesamdoom posted:

You were shooting rockets and grenades into groups. it helps. the numbers work out so weird because I think they should count assists.

Thinking I'll get Enemy Unknown downloaded and do that game starting this weekend. Just gonna random the order of the names and load everyone in whatever order they come up.

sweet, even being dead can't keep me down :c00lbutt:

THANK YOU NESAM :^))
Previous:

code:
https://i.imgur.com/1rh8sdW.mp4 - manifisto
https://i.imgur.com/DeyYjwj.mp4 - vanisher
nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

2 missions into XCOM:Enemy Unknown... uh the Enemy Within version. Lost someone on mission 1, but hadn't assigned names yet, so I'm counting that as me dying day one. Have mostly everyone recruited already and going to work on filling the rest out. Oddly RavenousScoot got set to support class and B33rChiller got assigned to assault. kinda funny. Will update the OP with a stat/roster after a few more missions when, hopefully, I've gotten everyone into missions.

So far Flakey is a Heavy, calhoun is a Sniper, Frederik1 is Support. Already mentioned Scoot and Chiller, who also happened to be the only ones hurt so far.
As for the classes, I don't remember these ones. My last save is from 2014. Funny enough, the calendar in game is in 2015, so this has already happened, I think we win because I don't see any aliens outside right now.

I forgot you can name medals and award them, so I might need help coming up with better names that 'Medal of Hiding'. To be fair to myself, a medal that gives bonus defense while in cover does seem like hiding is the best use.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

https://www.twitch.tv/nesamdoom probably only stream I do. I hate streaming and my inet sucks, but if you catch it then cool

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

lol, livesteam win! killed them all and nobody got hurt
baka became support, barnold a sniper, fps_nug assault

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

vip died, but really kinda not anyone's fault and everyone got out cool. I'll take a win that y'all put down aliens.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

gently caress... this went lovely... feeling like i should redo that mission.

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
baka of lathspell

nesamdoom posted:

lol, livesteam win! killed them all and nobody got hurt
baka became support, barnold a sniper, fps_nug assault

what's a support is it like a field medic

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

baka of lathspell posted:

what's a support is it like a field medic

I don't totally remember, but I think that's the closest in this version of the games. 2 is pretty much that, so this one will be close enough.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Flakey - Heavy, 1 Missions, 2 Kills
calhoun - Sniper, 1 Missions, 1 Kills
Fredrik1 - Support, 1 Missions, 1 Kills
RavenousScoot - Support, 1 Missions, 2 Kills
infrared35 - Assault, 2 Missions, 4 Kills
Finger Prince - Sniper, 2 Missions, 3 Kills
B33rChiller - Assault, 1 Missions, 2 Kills
sb hermit - Support, 1 Missions, 1 Kills
watho - Heavy, 1 Missions, 2 Kills
Tyro - Heavy, 1 Missions, 1 Kills
Nosfereefer - Sniper, 1 Missions, 2 Kills
Chrs - 1 Missions, 1 Kills
Buttchocks - 1 Missions, 1 Kills
FutonForensic - 1 Missions, 1 Kills
Captain Log - Support, 2 Missions, 2 Kills
fps_nug - Assault, 1 Missions, 1 Kills
baka of lathspell - Support, 1 Missions, 1 Kills
barnold - Sniper, 1 Missions, 2 Kills
Doctor Dogballs - Sniper, 2 Missions, 1 Kills

There is our current settings. I got everyone rotated in and now we gotta start working on building mech suits and gene editting people.

nesamdoom fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 13, 2024

Finger Prince

Sign me up for some extremely experimental gene editing!

RavenousScoot

robottize me, captain

THANK YOU NESAM :^))
Previous:

code:
https://i.imgur.com/1rh8sdW.mp4 - manifisto
https://i.imgur.com/DeyYjwj.mp4 - vanisher
nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Finger Prince posted:

Sign me up for some extremely experimental gene editing!

I love the initiative. I have the spot being built. You're going to be able to jump over buildings soon.
Genetics lab in progress, so you'll be our test subject Finger Prince.

RavenousScoot posted:

robottize me, captain
Welcome to the machine... err, enjoy your new mech.

If you didn't know, it's loaded up already with a kinetic punching thing, walls/aliens/vending machines that eat your change... Whatever, just punch it with a bigass robot hand.

Mech lab up and running. RavenousScoot made a good show and we've 3 more, less voluntary, soldiers signed up.
Holy juck I forgot how beefy the mechs are. We're about to have a whole squad roll right over enemies like oblivious adults walking through a daycare. Oh, so far the only gene alteration I have unlocked is some muscled density thing that makes NBA players look like they've never heard of jumping. It's amazing for stealth, getting angles, avoiding danger, or just looking badass mid mission by jumping onto a building to shoot an alien that was already able to be shot.

B33rChiller not letting these jerks get comfy in the fight.

Nosfereefer with a cheeky nade to end a fight. Totally could have just shot the last one, but the style is why BCOM is the coolest world saving outfit.

I'm gonna try snapping gifs more often because it's pretty easy and I still haven't sorted out a comfy video editor. But snappy little gifs of blasting aliens sounds fun anyways.

nesamdoom fucked around with this message at 06:39 on May 14, 2024

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Don't mind me replying to myself.

baka of lathspell

why was it called operation cursed paramour lol

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

I don't think I've ever really read the mission names. haha, Can't say if that's a normal thing or not, but it was a pretty standard mission to go kill aliens and steal supplies.

treasure bear

im not in bcom but im behind a crate crying, for my life as i had known it has been turned upside down

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

treasure bear posted:

im not in bcom but im behind a crate crying, for my life as i had known it has been turned upside down

I'll have everyone keep a look out for you.

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

xcom randomly generates 2 word operation names it's pretty great

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

treasure bear posted:

We will, hopefully, be around to save you.

treasure bear

oh, i just missed at crying somehow, it was 99% chance to hit

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

watho posted:

xcom randomly generates 2 word operation names it's pretty great

It didn't save the end screen, but this turned out to be Operation Soaring Pyre and I laughed pretty good at how it ended.

You didn't really need to burn down half the place, but it looked better than just shooting the last one.
B33rChiller tested out a new mech suit with a big punch for the second to last kill.

Started on gene editing, but don't have a full suite of upgrades already. Some people regenerate health, some can jump. Generally if you can jump good then you get an advantage from height upgrade. Couple people are being built as special assault style of running in and identifying what's around and hopefully not dying before the rest of the team catches up.

treasure bear posted:

oh, i just missed at crying somehow, it was 99% chance to hit
Lol, total miss from 1 block away. Still a surprise every time.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

drat, y'all just wrecked these aliens 2 rounds in a row. I'll have to edit, but good friggin' work!
Also, because of a misclick, one of you wasted your only 'nade on throwing it into the middle of our group(not hurting anyone).

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:
can't believe I'm not dead

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Fredrik1 posted:

can't believe I'm not dead

Life in this game is a funny thing. In our last campaign you blew a lot of poo poo up and made starting fights way easier. This round you've seen some fighting, but the number one rule is stay alive... even if I have to hop everyone back and we pick them off on defense. You'll be in fight rotation again soon and then probably head off to get cybernetic or gene alterations. Nobody will be fully human by the end of this, but everyone will be pretty badass. Who wants to (:lol:, i can't spell hiar) a forklift driver when you can hire(looked it up:lol:) a motherfucker in a mech suit that can curl forklifts? Who needs an elevator when your employees can jump 30' up to a roof? Not saying that the horrors(read as laughs about blasting aliens) of war, aren't going to have some effect, but I fully think everyone will have a fallback if the celebrity of saving the world doesn't work out.

also, I retry some missions to keep from wiping. or even like a 3/4 wipe and it's probably better to not save. It's my time I'm wasting and keeping posting pals alive. If you wanna volunteer for final mission stuff I can safely promise that despite my best efforts, you'll probably die there. XCOM 2 ended with a full squad wipe, but the job got done and I have to assume that future kids are going to schools named after SA usernames. And just keep that in mind if you ever question your role in saving the world. When the graduates of 2100 are leaving Frederik1 Memorial High School to go to Uni, you loving did that... by either dying to save the world or going full ego 'I saved the loving world' that everyone hated you and you got cancelled for a mix of heroin and dog-fighting, but not in the way you'd expect(just saying dogs are mildly interested in people fighting, but heroin makes them really wanna watch people rip each other apart because they are too gently caress'd to tear poo poo up themselves) and after all the people dying from aliens and wills leaving everything to their dogs, there is a surprisingly well off amount of dogs with money to burn. So, gently caress it, bets are bets and if the money is good all these dialed out motherfuckers are still putting money on the table... let's loving get it!

lol, sorry, I get sidetracked. I'm pretty happy that the whole team is alive.

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:

nesamdoom posted:

Life in this game is a funny thing. In our last campaign you blew a lot of poo poo up and made starting fights way easier. This round you've seen some fighting, but the number one rule is stay alive... even if I have to hop everyone back and we pick them off on defense. You'll be in fight rotation again soon and then probably head off to get cybernetic or gene alterations. Nobody will be fully human by the end of this, but everyone will be pretty badass. Who wants to (:lol:, i can't spell hiar) a forklift driver when you can hire(looked it up:lol:) a motherfucker in a mech suit that can curl forklifts? Who needs an elevator when your employees can jump 30' up to a roof? Not saying that the horrors(read as laughs about blasting aliens) of war, aren't going to have some effect, but I fully think everyone will have a fallback if the celebrity of saving the world doesn't work out.

also, I retry some missions to keep from wiping. or even like a 3/4 wipe and it's probably better to not save. It's my time I'm wasting and keeping posting pals alive. If you wanna volunteer for final mission stuff I can safely promise that despite my best efforts, you'll probably die there. XCOM 2 ended with a full squad wipe, but the job got done and I have to assume that future kids are going to schools named after SA usernames. And just keep that in mind if you ever question your role in saving the world. When the graduates of 2100 are leaving Frederik1 Memorial High School to go to Uni, you loving did that... by either dying to save the world or going full ego 'I saved the loving world' that everyone hated you and you got cancelled for a mix of heroin and dog-fighting, but not in the way you'd expect(just saying dogs are mildly interested in people fighting, but heroin makes them really wanna watch people rip each other apart because they are too gently caress'd to tear poo poo up themselves) and after all the people dying from aliens and wills leaving everything to their dogs, there is a surprisingly well off amount of dogs with money to burn. So, gently caress it, bets are bets and if the money is good all these dialed out motherfuckers are still putting money on the table... let's loving get it!

lol, sorry, I get sidetracked. I'm pretty happy that the whole team is alive.

I'm in it for the long haul baby, if the aliens ever get to me I can just add another number on my screen name and come back as Fredrik2

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Lol, mate, if you die to get the mission done I'll pay for the username change. Not on final mission, but like if I get stuck and just can't get us through without losing you. I've already showed that end game life is an expendable one.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Got stuck on a mission that went horrible 5 times. The end was just infinitely spawning these jerk aliens and it just wasn't working out. So, I launched a bunch of satellites and reduced general panic in the world. Better overall thing. And we've got some more people doing gene edits and mech upgrades.

calhoun

I am the scary clown with the tearaway face
hey byob's 2nd page... no thx. i'm invested in my character!

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

I've had some days off. After seeing the Dr. I'm kicking alien rear end and drinking coffee tonight.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Lol, should update stuff too

baka of lathspell

update dammit

how many evil aliens have i killed

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

update dammit

how many evil aliens have i killed

Lol, gimme 2-3 hours n I'll be home for update

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
those aliens sure are a load of crock!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
being jerks to humanity, and all that

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

baka of lathspell

i agree

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Everyone has been going in and out of labs getting genes hosed with or getting robot arms. Ravenous is almost high enough for the last squad upgrade then I'll stop boosting them.
If you're not a MEC(mech) then you're getting genetic upgrades.

Baka, your mission and kill counts are kinda low. you've gotten 4 gene edits. You recover injuries super fast and recover hp during missions, your electrified skin reveals enemies and makes you immune to strangulation, you emit pheromones when you kill that boost the team around you, and you get a bonus to aim for the shot after a miss. I stacked you up for rolling in the front with mechs to call out enemies and pretty well support the team, if you don't kill a shitlot of aliens, you'll sure have put deaths in place.

Finger Prince is off on a covert mission right now and we'll have to do an escape mission soon. But, for now this is the update and I'm going to get to the team out there to kill aliens.

XCOM:Enemy Unknown - Enemy Within
Flakey - Mec Trooper, 3 Missions, 6 Kills
calhoun - Sniper, 2 Missions, 2 Kills
Fredrik1 - Support, 2 Missions, 2 Kills
RavenousScoot - Mec Trooper, 5 Missions, 15 Kills
infrared35 - Mec Trooper, 4 Missions, 9 Kills
Finger Prince - Sniper, 2 Missions, 3 Kills
B33rChiller - Mec Trooper, 3 Missions, 6 Kills
sb hermit - Mec Trooper, 2 Missions, 1 Kills
watho - Mec Trooper, 2 Missions, 6 Kills
Tyro - Heavy, 2 Missions, 2 Kills
Nosfereefer - Sniper, 2 Missions, 2 Kills
Chrs - Mec Trooper, 2 Missions, 1 Kills
Buttchocks - 2 Missions, 3 Kills
FutonForensic - 2 Missions, 3 Kills
Captain Log - Mec Trooper, 2 Missions, 2 Kills
fps_nug - Assault, 2 Missions, 4 Kills
baka of lathspell - Support, 2 Missions, 2 Kills
barnold - Sniper, 2 Missions, 3 Kills
Doctor Dogballs - Sniper, 3 Missions, 1 Kills

baka of lathspell

nesamdoom posted:

Baka, your mission and kill counts are kinda low. you've gotten 4 gene edits. You recover injuries super fast and recover hp during missions, your electrified skin reveals enemies and makes you immune to strangulation, you emit pheromones when you kill that boost the team around you, and you get a bonus to aim for the shot after a miss. I stacked you up for rolling in the front with mechs to call out enemies and pretty well support the team, if you don't kill a shitlot of aliens, you'll sure have put deaths in place.

hell yea. just doing my part o7

against these evil aliens

in fact shouldn't even say evil aliens since that's redundant

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Let's not forget they are pretty gross too. I have a backlog of cool kills I need to edit still. Might do that if the coffee kicks in good, otherwise I'll post some GIFs.