Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!
Matsu Mayumi

"If you are going to the barracks I'll start questioning the Night Watch. Surely one of them might have seen something suspicious or may have seen if the suspect has left the area. That is their job and I can only hope they performed it well."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Hayama, Masami, Ginzo

Serika grins at your flattery, but her expression turns serious as you bring up the murder. "I had heard that, yes. I was not especially familiar with Matsu-san or Hida-san, but I know which room belonged to Matsu and can show you there. As for where she might be...well, I don't guess she's gone far, especially since she didn't take her daisho or any of her weapons or armor, from what I've heard. I'd expect her to be hiding out somewhere. As I'm sure Kaiu-san could tell you, beneath the Wall is a network of tunnels. She may have risked hiding down there, though there's a lot of traps and dead ends, and without a guide she'd risk becoming hopelessly lost. It's the only place I can think of for a samurai in Lion colors to go unnoticed though."

She leads you to Matsu Sayako's quarters. Everything seems in order, from all appearances as if the owner had just stepped out for a moment expecting to come back any time, with the sole exception of the presence of the daisho which no samurai would be without under normal circumstances.

"Her neighbors didn't report any unusual sound last night," Serika adds. "I can have them sent for if you need to question them. I'm afraid I don't know who else she might have associated with who could tell you more."

Ginzo, as far as you're aware, no Shadowlands creature would bother with that sort of thing. It's really not their style, and even the Lost would be inclined to more horrific mutilation than sexual positioning. It's entirely possible that the positioning of the body was intended to cause shock and further delay any pursuit.

Mayumi

Those soldiers on the night watch can largely be found at the mess hall at this hour, according to your eta guide. He accompanies you there. Within there are several tired looking samurai, an even mix of the three Clans currently serving on the Wall. Unlike the earlier visit, where the groups were largely by clan, these samurai seem to be intermingled fairly evenly, and their conversations are inclusive, though subdued. They don't really spare you a second glance as you enter. How would you like to approach this?

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!
Matsu Mayumi

I approach them with respect, there's no reason they shouldn't be helpful to an honorable samurai. "Greetings, I am Matsu Mayumi, a Magistrate assigned to inspect this outpost. I'm wondering if you saw anything at all last night, anyone coming or going, anything at all really." She thinks about her question a bit before adding. "I also do not have your familiarity with the shadowlands and it's phenomena, so assume that anything that would be out of place in a major city would also count for this question."

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Soshi Masami

"Best to talk with them, then," says Masami, tapping her fingers against the wall idly. She scans the room thoughtfully, but just shakes her head a little to herself. "Please do have them sent for."

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

Utaku Kaori

Kaori bows to Hayami, but declines. "I would rather set out on horseback and investigate the surrounding area myself. If I must be supervised or attended, so be it."

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Utaku Natsumi

Natsumi nods. "Then I will accompany you, onēsan."

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Kaiu Ginzo

Ginzo comments absentmindedly as he examines the woman's belongings, "Quite right--if she has not gone over the Wall, then the most likely place for one wearing Lion colors to hide would be in the Tunnels. If you could see to it that one with detailed knowledge of the layout and the traps in the nearby tunnels is summoned, I would be grateful. There may be a need for a squad to venture below in search of our missing Matsu."

Finishing his task, he turns more attention to his interlocutor. "However, it may be that she is not attired in Lion colors any longer. Perhaps a search can be made of the heimin or the eta quarters, or any other nearby settlements as well."

Per/Investigation = 5k3 to look for anything unusual in the Matsu's effects.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Going to start posting by location when appropriate

The Lion Barracks

Serika nods, turns to one of the peasants cleaning the barracks, and sends the woman off to have Sayako's neighbors fetched. To Ginzo, she says apologetically, "I can have someone sent for who knows their way around the tunnels, but they're mostly Kaiu or Hiruma and not permitted inside these barracks. If you don't mind, they will be available when you conclude your business here?"

Per/Investigation!

At first glance, it seems the only noteworthy items in Sayako's quarters are a couple of mildly salacious pillow books, but you're pretty familiar with this particular style of barrack, having spent your fair share of time here. You remember there being a small niche for storing small items by the bed, which seems to be covered by a hanging scroll, and as you shift it aside, you discover that Sayako has used it to conceal a small amount of what appears to be opium.

The residents of the neighboring rooms have arrived by now, a tall, pinch-faced Kitsu and an athletic Akodo with her arm in a sling. They stand respectfully, waiting to be questioned.

Practice Yard

As if summoned by Kaori's declaration, Hiruma Koichi arrives. "Utaku-san, I have just dispatched a scouting party to do exactly that. You would be welcome to join them if you choose, though I would urge you to reconsider. It is my duty to investigate this crime and see the culprit brought to justice, and while I do welcome any assistance you and your fellow magistrates can offer, I feel obligated to remind you that your duties do not strictly include such activities." He shrugs. "I can't order you not to do so, though, and I'd be a fool to turn down a pair of skilled scouts in the field. If you wish to join the scouting group, they're gathering by the stables."

I assume you were planning on keeping your ride on the non-Shadowlands side of the wall?

Mess Hall

The assorted samurai answer in a general chorus that they didn't really see anything out of the ordinary, though most of their attention is focused on the Shadowlands side of things. Those who were patrolling the camp itself mention that there was the usual light traffic, but nothing that struck them as extraordinary.

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!
Matsu Mayumi

A bit disappointed at the lack of information she heads to the Lion barracks where the majority of the group went to inform them of what happened.

"I talked with the night guards, they told me they hadn't seen any unusual activity last night nor did they see anyone leaving. I can only assume that whoever the culprit is they are still in the area. We need to search for them but I'm hesitant in asking for assistance from the warriors stationed here. I don't want to exacerbate the problem and raise tensions any further and I'm concerned that knowledge of this situation might do both. Do you have any thoughts on our next course of action?"

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Soshi Masami

"By all means, yes," says Masami, going about the room and lifting odds and ends a bit fruitlessly. She shakes her head to herself as she mostly finds herself looking under things Ginzo already did. She doesn't expect to find anything that Ginzo can't, far more familiar with the environs as he is. But a second set of eyes is often valuable.

Eh, investigation 3k2 fwiw.

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Kaiu Ginzo

Ginzo takes the opium discreetly, though he doesn't particularly care if anyone else sees him do so. Turning, he nods in agreement with Serika, "Meeting the guide to the tunnels at the conclusion of our investigation within the barracks will be acceptable." He then greets the new arrivals respectfully, before addressing all three of them, "Tell me, if you would, of Sayako's time here. How long has she been assigned to this Watchtower? Did she receive any injuries in the course of her duties that were severe enough to require medication?"

I suspect the opium is illicit, but it's worth asking, at least. Also, I wasn't sure from your previous message if someone has been dispatched to check the heimin and eta quarters, but that should be done too.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Mess Hall

Masami finds nothing beyond what Ginzo has already located. Mayumi arrives around the same time as the neighboring room's occupants.

The Kitsu shakes her head. "Sayako-san was never injured in the line of duty beyond a few simple bruises and scrapes, so far as I know. Certainly nothing that would involve ongoing medication. She'd been here a few weeks longer than me--I'm three months into my posting. I didn't spend a lot of time talking to her..." She hesitates, as if she wants to say more, but falls silent.

The Akodo frowns disapprovingly, apparently not restrained by the same feelings as the Kitsu. "Sayako-san was never in any actual battles here. I'm on my second tour here and I never knew anyone to get put on punitive assignments as often as that woman. She brought shame to her family, and shame to our clan. I did not like her, and I did not like her friends. We have been given our orders, and it is not our place to question them or voice our complaints about them, so for her to do so openly..."

You haven't asked if anyone's been detailed to search the heimin and eta quarters, but Hiruma Koichi has got his own investigation into these events underway as is his responsibility and duty.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Soshi Masami

Presented with something more in her field of purview, Masami turns to the new arrivals. "Who were her friends?" the Scorpion asks. "And please, tell me more of these complaints. Were there any in particular that stand out to your mind? Do you know any more of her dispute with the unfortunate deceased?" She has more, many more questions she can think to ask, but best to start at the beginning.

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!
Matsu Mayumi

"Do we have any results from searching the other areas aside from the barracks? We've talked to the samurai but we haven't talked to the eta or other people. I trust them to be honest but we are rapidly running out of options. I don't believe the culprit has left and we will eventually run out of places to search."

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Kaiu Ginzo

"Were there certain orders in particular that she felt the need to question?" Ginzo asks, as a more distasteful picture emerges of the woman they were seeking. "Were there other acts of hers that you feel were particularly shameful? It may very well be...impolitic to discuss her shortcomings so openly, but it is necessary if we are to understand why she has acted in this way, and why--and to where--she has fled."

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Lion Barracks

The Kitsu woman looks increasingly uncomfortable, and says nothing. The Akodo is more than willing to talk, however. "She wasn't against particular orders, for the most part. She was against being here at all. She insulted our honorable Crab allies every chance she got--this wasn't the first time that she and Hida-san had come to blows. I may not have liked Hida-san much, but I had a good deal of respect for her and having seen first-hand what the Crab have been up against since the dawn of the Empire, there's no question in my mind that their attitudes are justified, as much as it rankles to admit it. But that's nothing to do with Sayako-san."

The Kitsu woman frowns. "Her friends were mostly other Matsu samurai. She didn't deign to speak to those she felt were inferior, which was just about everyone...But, most of those she knew were assigned to range beyond the Wall starting this morning, and won't be back for some time. Ah, if you're concerned she may have slipped out to join them, it's unlikely--she had been assigned to a different duty, and it was such a public display that everyone knew. Her joining them anyway would have been questioned and immediately noticed."

Neither one admits to knowing anything about where she would have gone, though, nor do they report any particularly shameful acts, just a general picture of an unpleasant and insubordinate troublemaker.

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Kaiu Ginzo

"She may not join the patrols," he replies to the women, "but would she be headstrong enough to depart beyond the Wall alone? Beyond that, there is but one final question I have," this addressed to the woman with her arm in a sling. "Where might I find those whose duty is to care for the wounded?"

Turning to his companions, he adds, "While the storehouses for the standard provisions have already been searched, I believe that we should look into the stores of more...particular items," at this he looks significantly to where the Matsu's opium was stashed. "The healers should be most helpful in that regard. Once we have seen to that task, and once we have received a report on the areas where the heimin and eta reside, I propose the next course of action is to acquire our guide and continue our search for the missing woman beneath the Wall."

Unless anybody has any more questions for these people...?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Soshi Masami

Masami taps a finger to her cheek, rippling her veil. "Before we go, I wish a better portrait of Hida-san, and while I realize you would not have had a great deal of contact, what you do know may be of value. Why is it that you disliked her? I notice there is little enough intermingling between the clans here... was it duty that placed the two of them near enough for this grudge to arise?"

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!
Matsu Mayumi

Does it seem like these two are concealing any information from us? Rolling whichever skill is relevant in this situation, which may just be 2k2 in all likelihood

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

Utaku Kaori

"I do not intend any offense, Hiruma-san, but I do feel my talents, as well as those of my sister, are best engaged in this manner. My only wish is to serve the interests of the Emperor in the way I am most able." Kaori bows, and motions for Natsumi to do the same. "If you would have us otherwise occupied, I welcome your advice."

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Lion Barracks

Serika tells you that Tarou can lead you to where the medics work. As far as Mayumi can tell, these two aren't lying or trying to hide anything, though the Kitsu is obviously more uncomfortable discussing the failings of another than the Akodo.

"Hida Yoshimi?" the Akodo snorts. "She was just as bad as Sayako in her own way. Those two went at it any chance they got, like they had some kind of personal grudge. It started a few days after Sayako arrived on the wall and, well...anyway, if you want to know more about her, I'd suggest asking around her barracks. I only ever encountered her when she was at odds with Sayako."

Courtyard

Hiruma Koichi nods. "I won't stop able bodied scouts from assisting. At the very least, out there you won't be covering the same ground as the rest of my investigations here..." He speaks with typical Crab bluntness, though his tone is more weary than anything else.

Also, everyone gain 10 experience, in honor of 100 posts!

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Hayama

The Otomo had been quiet, letting the others take the lead, but the questions and answers just confirmed what he thought. The Matsu was a troublemaker, a brawler, who had some quarrel with Hida Yoshimi. He looks at the rest of them, and then says in a low voice, "Unless you have any more questions, perhaps we should go to the Crab barracks. If we know what the grudge was about, it might give us some clue as to where to look for her."

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!
Matsu Mayumi

"Well, let's continue following what leads we have, someone should talk to her friends, I'll head to the barracks for the commoners, the eta and heiman, maybe they might be able to shed some light on the situation." She begins to head in that direction, to ask around and see if anyone know anything.

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Kaiu Ginzo

"I concur with Otomo-sama. We shall question those who distribute the medicinal opium, and then make our way to the Crab barracks, while others pursue the remaining leads. Assuming our quarry is not found, I propose we all meet up with our guide to the tunnels once we have finished these other aspects of the investigation."

Heading off to the medics and then the barracks, presumably with Hayama and maybe others. Just so we're clear, we have the heimin/eta covered, and we have some others with the scouting parties hunting for the missing Matsu as well. Who is going to stay and talk to her friends?"

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Soshi Masami

"I think I begin to see the state of things, at least." Masami says, then makes a fluid bow to the Kitsu and Akodo in turn. "You have done the empire a service this day, and unless the others have any further business for you, we shall not hold you from your duties any longer."

With that, Masami turns to the others, saying, "I will consult with Sayako-san's associates."

neongrey fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Feb 8, 2013

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Utaku Natsumi

Natsumi bows. "The more scouts we have, the faster we may find Sayako-san. Or her trail, at the least. We will report back as soon as we can."

Once Kaori mounts up and goes to scout, she follows.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Medics
Ginzo, Hayama

On the way to the Crab barracks, Tarou leads you to a small building. Inside, a young woman wearing a Kuni mon--though without the traditional war paint--is busy preparing bandages. She looks up, tired, as you enter. "Which one of you is injured?" she asks brusquely. "I'm not going out to patch up another idiot who got injured in a stupid duel," she adds on seeing that you're not visibly injured, "so if someone's got themselves hurt, they can drat well drag themselves in here or have you do it."

Eta Commons
Mayumi

The eta are pretty terrified to see a samurai wandering around their camp. The headman is soon fetched and comes before you, bowing deeply and awaiting your orders.

It's pretty much death for an eta to address a samurai without permission, so you'll have to make the first move in questioning the poor fellow.

Practice Yard
Masami

Following directions given you by Sayako's neighbors, you head out of the Lion barracks and onto the adjacent practice field. A number of Lion samurai are sparring with bokken or wrestling, while others watch, talking amongst themselves. You can see the Matsu fellow who spoke to Mayumi on the night of your arrival, taking a break by the well--he's drenched, apparently having upended a bucket over himself to cool off. A few other Lion samurai are talking to him, and you hear raucous laughter from them.

Stables
Utaku Sisters

The scouting party is just mounting up when you arrive, and greets you politely. It's mixed group--you see a Hiruma and a Toritaka in Crab colors, an Ikoma in Lion colors, and a pair of white-haired Daidoji who look like identical twin brothers. "One of the famous Utaku Battle Maidens?" asks the Ikoma, impressed. "Looks like we're going to have to work hard to keep up today, boys." The others seem pretty enthused.

"Well, you have to work hard to keep up at the best of times, Goemon," one of the Daidoji comments. "Let's get a move on...if Matsu Sayako really did do this, we'd better make sure she's not getting away."

The Toritaka shakes his head at this. "You're not going to say you don't think it was her, are you?" he asks the Daidoji. "Wait, don't tell me you think this was the ninja again--"

"They're real, drat it!" Even the Daidoji's brother seems amused by the outburst. "Look--Let's ask these Utaku whether they've ever encountered them. They seem well traveled...Have you ever seen any evidence of the ninja?"

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!
Matsu Mayumi

"Please do not worry, as far as I know no one here has done anything wrong. I am wondering if you, or anyone else here has information concerning Hida Yoshimo or Matsu Sayako. There was an...incident and currently we are searching for Hida-san. Would you know who might have been awake last night, and if they saw anything, or if it would be possible for me to speak with them?"

She waits for a response standing quietly, not wishing to cause any unrest or undue stress to those present.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Hayama

"Forgive us the intrusion, Kuni-san. Fortunately, no one is in need of your medical services. Instead, we come seeking your help of a different kind. Tell us, please, is there any of the medicinal opium missing from the stores? We found some opium that was hidden, and were afraid that the person who hid it might have been stealing it from the camp. We would be quite grateful for any help you might give. It may help bring a thief and murderer to justice."

Aware/Courtier to influence her to help us. 6k3

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Soshi Masami

Masami makes her way up unobtrusively to the soaking Matsu. Not sneaking, really, but calling no deliberate attention to her presence. She moves slowly enough to try to catch a hint of the conversation before she gets there, and clears her throat at the first natural pause she catches. "Pardon my intrusion," she says, a shade formally. "I have a matter of some importance to discuss with one of your clanmen, and I've been told I might find some assistance with finding them here."

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Kaiu Ginzo

Ginzo decides to let the Otomo do the talking in this instance, but he does hold out the opium to the Kuni for inspection, should she care to do so.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Eta Commons
Mayumi

The headman straightens slightly though still doesn't look you in the eye. "With utmost respect, Samurai-sama, we would never conceal a murderer in our midst. As we have reported to Hiruma-chui, there is no sign of any intruder in our humble village, and if we see any sign of them we will immediately report them."

Infirmary
Hayama, Ginzo

The Kuni frowns. "Where did you get that? Nevermind, I don't want to know. No, nothing is missing, which means someone's been smuggling it. I've suspected as much, but I haven't had proof. You might want to hand that over to me, by the way...it could be trouble if you're caught with it."

Practice Yard
Masami

The soaking Matsu straightens on seeing you. "Ah, Scorpion-san, if there is anything I can do to help I am of course at your disposal. With whom did you need to speak?" It may be your imagination, and it's hard to tell since he's heavily tanned from practicing in the sun, but he may be a bit paler than he was a few moments ago.

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!
Matsu Mayumi

I thank him for his assistance and track down the others to update them about what I've found out.

"No one in the commons has seen them either, it looks like the tunnels are the only thing we have left unless we're missing something obvious."

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Kaiu Ginzo

"Of course a Magistrate working for the officials of Emperor Shoju himself would not seriously be questioned about opium he discovered in the course of an investigation," Ginzu scoffs. "But if someone is smuggling such illegal substances under the very noses of the officials at this Watchtower, that could indeed be a problem. Obviously, the smugglers would need contacts, both away from the Wall...and at it. If you know anything about such activities, now would be the perfect time for you to inform us."

Hey, maybe I'll spend some of that XP now...getting Investigation 3 and Intimidation 1+2. First off, Per/Investigation = 6k3: is this guy lying/hiding anything? Next, Intimidation = 4k2 to encourage him to be a little more helpful.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Soshi Masami

Masami makes a slightly calming gesture at the Matsu, saying, "Be at ease, Matsu-san. No one is in trouble, and it should stay that way if this matter can be conducted swiftly and discreetly." It's not strictly true, but finding Sayako happened to be entirely instrumental to finding out if it was true at all. Better if he didn't know that. "I am looking for Matsu Sayako. She has not reported for her duties and her daisho remains in her quarters. I fear something ill may have befallen her."

I too will also spend my XP... Will take Sincerity 2+3 and Investigation 2+3. Gonna use that sincerity at 6k3 with a deceit emphasis to pass off my concern for Sayako as genuine, and that Investigation 5k2 to see if he's on the level..

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Infirmary
Ginzo, Hayama, Mayumi

As Mayumi arrives and shares her findings with the others, the Kuni woman keeps working, preparing medical supplies. After the brief interruption, Ginzo's question is asked. For a time, she doesn't respond.

Then the Kuni sighs, shaking her head, but doesn't look at you as she speaks, continuing to boil cloth for bandages. "Once I knew a man who had a treasure that he valued," she says. "He was so worried that some thief might sneak into his stronghouse and make away with it. So he bought a vicious dog, and trained it to attack anyone who tried to touch his treasure." She sets aside the bandages, and begins mixing up some herbs to prepare a poultice of some kind.

"One day, the man felt the need to show his treasure to a friend, and so he went into the stronghouse to fetch it. The dog began to growl, and when the man picked up the treasure, the dog attacked him. He lost two fingers before he managed to get away. Obviously, he had the dog killed for turning on him." Finally, she looks you straight in the eye.

"I learned long ago not to ask questions about the opium smuggling. I can tell you that I didn't issue any opium to Matsu Sayako, and I can tell you she did not steal it from my stores. Beyond that, I couldn't begin to tell you where the opium came from. I understand the poppies are grown and processed in Ryoko Owari, but how it got here is not my duty to discern."

She is being anything but flippant, and in case it wasn't clear, is hinting at something pretty directly. As for intimidating her...you'd have to be more frightening to her than the alternative for that to work, which in this case, you just aren't.

A moment later, a runner--a young samurai boy, just out of his gempukku, by the looks of it, in Hiruma colors, bursts into the infirmary, speaking to the three of you. "Forgive me, but Hiruma-chui requests your immediate presence!"

Lion Practice Yard
Masami

The Matsu visibly relaxes. "You're looking for Sayako? I haven't seen her, and to be honest I don't buy at all that she had anything to do with the Hida cow's death." He lowers his voice somewhat, having said the previous loud enough for everyone in the practice yard to hear, but now speaking so that his words will not carry. "Look...things aren't the way they look here. I won't discuss this where others might overhe--" He cuts off, glancing behind you. A Hiruma runner, a grizzled veteran with one arm missing, clearly still serving the clan in whatever way he can, has come up behind you. "Begging your pardon, but Hiruma-chui's sent me to fetch you, Soshi-san. Said it was urgent."

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

Utaku Kaori

Kaori's momentarily taken aback by the question, but quickly regains her composure. "You're correct, we are quite well traveled. I can't pretend I haven't seen things I can't explain, things that seem sinister."
She smiles. "Please, tell me what you've heard. We can swap stories as we ride."

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!
Matsu Mayumi

As she begins to head towards Hiruma she comments somewhat wryly "I'm getting the impression this inspection was desperately needed. So far we have been here a day and found a murder and smuggling ring. Their ancestors would be ashamed of this behavior."

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Utaku Natsumi

"I have read about ninja," Natsumi offers. "Did you know Sayako-san?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Hayama

"Don't jump to conclusions.", Hayuma mumbles to the Matsu, quietly, so that others won't be able to hear. We've been here less than a day. We don't yet know what the story is behind the murder and the smuggling. And one of the things you learn quickly at the Capital is that, when you come across something so obvious that you can't believe no one has seen it before, it's probably a trap."

• Locked thread