Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Blazing Ownager posted:

HBO is so, so bad at the digital stuff though. Their terms for HBO Go, with the cable provider deals and stuff, are outright baffling. I think their shows are pirated rampantly because a lot of people who would otherwise pay for them simply do not want to buy an HBO cable package to access the content.

HBO really needs to get with the times on this side of their marketing, badly. Rule #1 is the public will do what is convenient, and right now, HBO has made it FAR more convenient to pirate than to access content legally, costing them a lot of money.

HBO Nordic is great with this, it's online only and costs 10e a month. All new episodes come a day after the US premiere. It's seriously awesome.

Plus they have a weird selection of shows with stuff from Syfy, Starz, Cinemax and some UK stuff: http://hbonordic.com/series/all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
Props to Bown for bumping this. Let's all pretend it's Tuesday and therefore the correct time for...

:slick::suspense::siren: THE RENEW/CANCEL INDEX :siren::suspense::slick:

CBS - The Mentalist is now Likely To Be Cancelled, as its numbers have dropped off to about half of the net's scripted average. Its veteran status isn't doing it any favors since it's already banked 6 seasons' worth of syndicated eps.

ABC - Last Man Standing's ratings have built up to the point that it's a Likely Renewal, where it joins the recently downgraded Revenge. OUAT in Wonderland remains on the air despite being under 1.0 and defying all conventional wisdom. It must have cost ABC a lot of money.

NBC - Remember that great premiere for Dracula? Yeah, it's lost half of its demo rating in the weeks that followed and is now likely to be cancelled. Given that it's now under 1.0 and hasn't stabilized it's more than likely in my opinion; it's a goner.

Fox - Brooklyn Nine-Nine has been pushed to a Likely Renewal, leaving The Mindy Project and Dads' race to the bottom behind. Glee should be on the bubble (if not worse) as the Monteith tribute was an outlier and it keeps hitting new lows, but Fox renewed it for two seasons last Spring. Gorman doesn't track unscripted shows but The X Factor is an absolute disaster that keeps getting worse. Every week they hit a new series low, it's great.

CW - No new episodes of The Carrie Diaries were ordered so it's as good as canceled. Gorman points out that it's the same boat Life Unexpected was in 3 years back.

Not a lot going on, but that'll change after sweeps.

Oh yeah and the ratings-challenged Totally Biased has been cancelled over on FXX, making it the first casualty of the network. Its ratings struggles have been very well documented and I'm sad to see it go despite not being able to watch it once it switched networks.

SHVPS4DETH fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 14, 2013

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
I think Glee would probably have to drop consistently sub-1.0 to get outright cancelled at this point (and I still think its floor is the 1.4-1.5 it's pulling now anyway). The showrunners and network execs have all said the next season is its last regardless.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

xeria posted:

The showrunners and network execs have all said the next season is its last regardless.

Ryan Murphy said it, and Fox denied it immediately. It won't get outright cancelled for any reason until next year, if ever.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Ryan Murphy just wants to put all those Glee kids on AHS after Jessica Lange leaves, obviously.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Oh yeah and the ratings-challenged Totally Biased has been cancelled over on FXX, making it the first casualty of the network. Its ratings struggles have been very well documented and I'm sad to see it go despite not being able to watch it once it switched networks.
Man, I hope that the new season of Legit does reasonably well on FXX. I know it got renewed for a second season but I don't know if they've announced when it starts up again.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Am I the only one who kind of liked Lucky 7? I mean, it was a terrible show, but it seemed to be a quite watchable terrible show. Is there any way to watch the remaining episodes of the first season?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Motherfuuuuuuucker.

I've been wondering what the shows that went from FX > FXX have been dealing with for ratings, and another part of me figured Kamau would be hosed the most given that short of watching his clips on Youtube there was no monetized way to watch the show at all short of DVR (so people without the new network didn't get dick all), but this sucks. I'm actually mad about this.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Motherfuuuuuuucker.

I've been wondering what the shows that went from FX > FXX have been dealing with for ratings, and another part of me figured Kamau would be hosed the most given that short of watching his clips on Youtube there was no monetized way to watch the show at all short of DVR (so people without the new network didn't get dick all), but this sucks. I'm actually mad about this.

Same. It was really unfair of them to shoulder TB with a daily schedule (not to mention a recap show on Sundays against The Walking Dead). I also think it's telling that they decided to move Chozen to FX and the poorly rated Wilfred's final season to FXX. Expect Sunny and The League to move back shortly. Legit's more or less hosed and it didn't have great numbers to begin with.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
You said the unwatchable abhorrent diarrhea that is 'Sean Saves the World' was "certain to be cancelled", but I read somewhere that NBC has since ordered new scripts for it. MAKIN' ALL THE RIGHT MOVES, PEACOCK!

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

TheRationalRedditor posted:

You said the unwatchable abhorrent diarrhea that is 'Sean Saves the World' was "certain to be cancelled", but I read somewhere that NBC has since ordered new scripts for it. MAKIN' ALL THE RIGHT MOVES, PEACOCK!

It's pretty damning that they didn't order episodes but just more scripts, presumably to see where they're going. It doesn't matter because the ratings are terrible even by NBC's standard.

And yeah the show is absolute garbage and I'm glad no one's watching.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Sets are already built, actors hired, etc. It's probably easier for NBC to eat the losses than replace it with something else that they're sure will fail.

Daedo
May 5, 2002

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

It's pretty damning that they didn't order episodes but just more scripts, presumably to see where they're going. It doesn't matter because the ratings are terrible even by NBC's standard.

And yeah the show is absolute garbage and I'm glad no one's watching.

Actually those extra scripts have been given the go ahead as episodes now, so it will at least drag itself along a little further.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Those fools! NBC has displeased the Ratings God. In penance it must sacrifice two good shows* at the blood altar of Football.

*if and when NBC eventually produces a good show.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Didn't Dracula already get mostly paid for by a British broadcast and it was only going to run for 10 episodes, or did that get changed?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

sbaldrick posted:

Didn't Dracula already get mostly paid for by a British broadcast and it was only going to run for 10 episodes, or did that get changed?

It was a co-production between NBC and a British broadcasting group; it was meant to be a regular series if successful, but the R/C Index is saying it's unlikely to be renewed by NBC for another season. The whole first season/10 episode order will probably be aired unless it craters in really spectacular fashion over the next few weeks.

hcreight fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Nov 14, 2013

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

:slick::suspense::siren: THE RENEW/CANCEL INDEX :siren::suspense::slick:

CBS - The Mentalist is now Likely To Be Cancelled, as its numbers have dropped off to about half of the net's scripted average. Its veteran status isn't doing it any favors since it's already banked 6 seasons' worth of syndicated eps.

I wonder how much of the ratings drop is having the show on at 10pm Sunday and actually starting at 10:15 to 10:45 because of football?

I've watched the show for years, and its just painful to even DVR now, esp. with all the others shows Sunday night, beyond never knowing when the drat thing is going to start.

I never cared about the Red John story line, I just like it to watch Jane being a smart-rear end, and the bad guy is normally a rich person, or relative of a rich person, and its fun to guess who-dun-it.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I haven't done ratings analysis in a while so let's brah out the ol' ratings sperging occupation so shups can argue with me and we can spam the thread forevvvvver.

I think SHUPS is a bit bullish on Dracula's cancellation. Maybe it's because Gorman mentions Hannibal (which I, incidentally, was still right on despite it not happening the way I predicted it would) but my belief in Dracula's renewal or at least possible renewal is twofold: one, it's airing on
a Friday on flow with Grimm, which had a similar initial struggle in the ratings, and two, as always: NBC CAN'T CANCEL EVERYTHING. With parks and rec almost certainly done, community likely done despite my steadfast belief that it will be renewed, just you wait and see guys, Parenthood probably done, MJF almost certainly done, Revolution at best a coin flip, and NBC's midseason premieres looking DOA, especially that about a boy show, I could totally see Dracula surviving just because they gotta air something on Friday nights.

Gorman being so dour on SFN at this point is just dumb. It's beating scripted average handily and getting an additional order of episodes means it can pick up the full season still right before or even on the date of spring premiere. Or they might just push back the date of SFN's return so it coincide with the end of the season anyways. Or it could just get a month hiatus while the writer's room gets ahead of shooting and shooting gets a couple of episodes ahead of air. There's a lot of options and I don't buy the "extra episodes= death sentence" logic. Especially because Hollywood considers Rebel the next Melissa McCarthy. Don't make it a likely renewal but at least upgrade it from certain cancelation for god's sake.

Likewise Mindy remaining a coin flip this far in its fall is not correct. Especially considering the fact that B99 being upgraded makes that shows cancelation more likely as Fox only has ten hours of programming a week and has already committed to 2 1/2 hours of new programming next year. It's the reverse NBC rule: FOX CAN'T RENEW EVERYTHING.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
I'm getting the strong impression that Fox has very little faith in their midseason fare, as evidenced by their pre-cancellation of Us and Them just like The Goodwin Games last season. I agree that Mindy isn't making it to S3 though.

Dracula's already lost half of its viewers and it's only a 10-episode season and they had to pay Rhys-Meyers in installments to keep him sober long enough to wrap shooting, immediately after which he promptly went back to rehab. It may not get a second chance even under the best circumstances with the network. Plus it's Friday nights. They could air Voice reruns and get better numbers than Drac's getting.

The data's on their side with regard to short backorders for freshman shows and as such I have no issue with their call on SFN.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Occupation posted:

Hannibal (which I, incidentally, was still right on despite it not happening the way I predicted it would)

Okay come on dude. You said it would be cancelled because of X, Y, and Z. You might have been right about X, Y, and Z, but you were wrong about it being cancelled, which was your main point, so you're wrong.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
I understand where the thought process comes from, but I do hope Mindy stays. Even with its low total audience, it still gets good ratings for the crowd it pulls in. I think it is quite possibly the youngest skewing show out there.(When comparing rating to total number of viewers). I know, I know, "don't get your hopes up" but I'll keep it alive until the bitter end.

In other news, Fox is really having a bleh season. Sleepy Hollow, which is great, still only gets around mid2s-low3s.
This would be fine and dandy if it weren't one of the few shows on the network's weekday schedule that seems to get those ratings. XFactor is a mess, Idol is slipping fast, and a lot of other shows like Glee are ending or like Bones and super old(6+ seasons). Even if Fox has a lot of new programming for next year, I can't see them keeping some of these shows.

Dads is also an interesting case. It literally gets similar numbers with the rest of the lineup(+- .1-.3) but it's always been on the "Certain Cancellation" list. I mean, I don't like it, at all, but it does get acceptable ratings. It also probably is more likely than Mindy for renewal if show costs are a factor.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

BrooklynBruiser posted:

Okay come on dude. You said it would be cancelled because of X, Y, and Z. You might have been right about X, Y, and Z, but you were wrong about it being cancelled, which was your main point, so you're wrong.

No, that's like saying when you play poker and you make a stupid call on someone else's all-in bet with a backdoor straight draw off the flop against their trip aces when you have only put in the big blind into the pot, which you then end up hitting the straight off the turn and river, that you made the "right" call. You still made the wrong call, it just turned out right for you. Likewise, if you go all in on trip aces off the flop with pocket aces because you're short stacked and need to buy the pot to get out of short stack position, and then some moron calls you with a backdoor straight draw off the flop, which he then hits, you didn't make the "wrong" call. It was still the right one and the right way to play the hand, it just didn't turn out well for you.

In ratings analysis your reasoning is more important than your results, since much like poker it's basically a bunch of informed betting. I was still right, I just got beat on the river.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Postal Parcel posted:

Dads is also an interesting case. It literally gets similar numbers with the rest of the lineup(+- .1-.3) but it's always been on the "Certain Cancellation" list. I mean, I don't like it, at all, but it does get acceptable ratings. It also probably is more likely than Mindy for renewal if show costs are a factor.
There has to be some unseen advertiser-friendly demographic information at play if Dads or Mindy get renewed. If Fox wants to find something that works they need to free up some time slots. I would like to see New Girl and Brooklyn 99 do a little better. They're easily the best comedies on network TV right now.

edit: Maybe those demographics are not so unseen. Mindy is actually Fox's richest skewing show. If anything saves it that would be it.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 15, 2013

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Occupation posted:

In ratings analysis your reasoning is more important than your results, since much like poker it's basically a bunch of informed betting. I was still right, I just got beat on the river.

You were wrong because you applied a set of rules to something in which the rules no longer apply. Whatever excuses you make about being more right in your wrongness because :words: are bullshit. Ratings are down across the board and every time a low rated show is cancelled it is replaced by something that performs even worse. Its clear there's a shift in how networks approach a show's success or failure. The sooner people acknowledge this and get over their ratings spreadsheet mentality, the sooner we can define the new rules of the game and make predictions that aren't wrong-but-right.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Well, Hannibal is a kind of special case because NBC gets it at a fraction of what a network would usually pay, because Gaumont is spreading out costs and counting on international sales, high-income demographics and advertisers, etc. I dunno, maybe somebody doing ratings analysis would need to keep these things in mind but it's hard to account for every variable.

It is kinda weird that this season, specifically, is seeing such a dramatic drop. Like, we've known for a while that network TV is losing ground to literally everything else, but have they finally reached a tipping point?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

J-Spot posted:

There has to be some unseen advertiser-friendly demographic information at play if Dads or Mindy get renewed. If Fox wants to find something that works they need to free up some time slots. I would like to see New Girl and Brooklyn 99 do a little better. They're easily the best comedies on network TV right now.

edit: Maybe those demographics are not so unseen. Mindy is actually Fox's richest skewing show. If anything saves it that would be it.

Wow, Dad's is one of its lower one, but Bob's is its (and the)absolute lowest. Interesting. Although it kind of makes sense from a cinematography view. B99 and Dads visual quality is a bit harsher than Mindy and New Girl*. Like, the two female-skewing shows have a sort of blur applied to them, while B99 and Dads don't have that. I think Modern Family also has this blur.

*This is based off of my tv screen, but I'm not saying it's a noticeable, harsh blur, but more of a...softening? Like, they applied a very light bloom onto the video to give it a different feel.

Edit:TVBN just posted Thursday ratings
Wow, NBC Thursdays make Fox Tuesdays look good. The best was a 1.2? I understand TBBT destroys everything else in its path by a wide margin, which means it is the best of lead-ins, but wow, losing to the CW as well. Isn't Thursday supposed to be the day when most people watch TV?

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 15, 2013

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Do networks make money off of their shows that air overseas? Do they own that kind of stake in the shows they air domestically? If so, what do the revenues look like? Are they negligible? Is there a somewhat flat licensing fee they gain or do they earn more money the better a show performs outside of the US? If so, what are ratings looking like elsewhere in the world?

I ask these questions to try to compare TV to movies. Many films actually plan for global revenues just as much, if not more than domestic revenues these days.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Postal Parcel posted:

Edit:TVBN just posted Thursday ratings
Wow, NBC Thursdays make Fox Tuesdays look good. The best was a 1.2? I understand TBBT destroys everything else in its path by a wide margin, which means it is the best of lead-ins, but wow, losing to the CW as well. Isn't Thursday supposed to be the day when most people watch TV?

The Vampire Diaries was .1 short of second place in it's time slot. How often has the fifth network done that?

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Vertical Lime posted:

The Vampire Diaries was .1 short of second place in it's time slot. How often has the fifth network done that?

I can't go hunting for numbers at the moment but I'm fairly confident that it's unprecedented. Fox Thursdays are the new NBC Thursdays and NBC Thursdays are over. They no longer are, they were.

Two and a Half Men performing on the same level as The Crazy Ones is pretty :psyduck: too.

SHVPS4DETH fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 15, 2013

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
The Thursday finals adjusted X Factor down a tenth, which is only a tenth above last week's series low and actually ties with Vampire Diaries in the demo. Really impressive numbers for the CW in a timeslot where everyone else is struggling to program against BBT. P&R matched their 1.2 series low and SStW and MJFS are stalled at 1.0. OUAT in Wonderland seems to be stabilized at 0.9 which is laughable regardless.

Friday ratings are a whole mess of bad news, with just about everything down and nothing anywhere close to even a 2.0. Bones cratered to a 1.2 down from 2.0 on Monday, and Raising Hope debuted on Fridays at 0.7, a series low down more than half from last season's premiere. The CW was up incrementally but who the gently caress cares about 0.5s.

Wizardryo
Jul 23, 2002

"Finally! A deep throat to call my own!"
Not a definitive answer, but didn't the WB manage to do that? Ratings were higher across the board even just a few years ago, but I know Buffy used to get high 3s consistently and Smallville/7th Heaven used to hit 5s every so often. The CW as a whole seems to be doing impressively well this year (relatively speaking, of course). Is this the best season they've had since they launched?

I've never followed the franchise, but what is going on with OUAT in Wonderland? Is it specifically the disastrous timeslot or is it a bad show? Two years ago OUAT was a bright spot in ABC's schedule, and now both shows are doing awfully.

:lol:ing at SHIELD's gradual ratings collapse. It's the V/The Event of the season.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Wizardryo posted:

I've never followed the franchise, but what is going on with OUAT in Wonderland? Is it specifically the disastrous timeslot or is it a bad show? Two years ago OUAT was a bright spot in ABC's schedule, and now both shows are doing awfully.

I think there are two main problems with Wonderland.

1) As I said before, the family isn't together on Thursday nights like it is on Sunday nights. So while OUAT's audience of young children can bring mom and dad to the TV on Sunday, they're pretty much on their own on Thursdays.

2) Wonderland isn't any worse than the flagship series quality-wise, but it lacks something the flagship has in spades: princesses. OUAT is basically Disney Princesses: The Series, and that has a lot more appeal to the target demographic than Alice's actiony adventures in Wonderland.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Occupation posted:

No, that's like saying when you play poker and you make a stupid call on someone else's all-in bet with a backdoor straight draw off the flop against their trip aces when you have only put in the big blind into the pot, which you then end up hitting the straight off the turn and river, that you made the "right" call. You still made the wrong call, it just turned out right for you. Likewise, if you go all in on trip aces off the flop with pocket aces because you're short stacked and need to buy the pot to get out of short stack position, and then some moron calls you with a backdoor straight draw off the flop, which he then hits, you didn't make the "wrong" call. It was still the right one and the right way to play the hand, it just didn't turn out well for you.

So you're saying your predictions are all luck?

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

Euphoriaphone posted:

I was wondering if anyone knew more about ad pricing? Is there a generally accepted rule that X rating/Y share is worth $Z per 30 second? How early is ad time bought? Are ratings weighted over the course of a few months, or is ad pricing really volatile, and a week's drop in ratings can hugely hurt how much a network can charge for the same timeslot the next week?

Timing, cost and complexity of the trading system vary from market to market and country to country. Think of it like an inventory system for an airline. Your planes / programmes are going to air no matter what so you need to maximize the money you get from those seats / ad breaks. Like airlines, it usually gets more expensive the closer to air date you are when you buy and like airlines if a particular route or programme isn't so in demand, prices will be adjusted to account for this. Networks will have internal figures that they have to hit overall so they can get bonuses heh.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Wizardryo posted:

Not a definitive answer, but didn't the WB manage to do that? Ratings were higher across the board even just a few years ago, but I know Buffy used to get high 3s consistently and Smallville/7th Heaven used to hit 5s every so often. The CW as a whole seems to be doing impressively well this year (relatively speaking, of course). Is this the best season they've had since they launched?

The WB was a much different beast than the CW's become in a very different era of TV watching. I don't have the data in front of me but they're looking relatively strong as everyone else is sinking like a stone down to their usual level. Relatively, yes this is the most successful they've looked in recent memory.

Wizardryo posted:

Beyond IJ's first point (which is really the main reason) they launched the show on a night dominated by comedy and reality shows. The money move would have been to air it during OUAT's holiday break. They started low and just keep getting lower. OUAT is fine for Sundays though, don't worry about that show.

Wizardryo posted:

:lol:ing at SHIELD's gradual ratings collapse. It's the V/The Event of the season.

They're still at >150% of ABC's very strong scripted average and only Modern Family does better absolute numbers.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I really don't think shield doesn't get a renewal even if the ratings crater.

If abc can't make shield work then they're all but admitting they can't get male viewers under any circumstance. I think just from an ego/realization that this is their by far best shot at brand diversification standpoint they renew shield for s2.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Nov 18, 2013

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

you can't sell a show on the back of the Avengers and then have it be about average human secret agents. That's just asking for a revolt.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Occupation posted:

I really don't think shield doesn't get a renewal even if the ratings crater.

If abc can't make shield work then they're all but admitting they can't get male viewers under any circumstance. I think just from an ego/realization that this is their by far best shot at brand diversification standpoint they renew shield for s2.

I agree with this whole-heartedly. If SHIELD isn't renewed, it would be one of the biggest embarrassments of any network ever. I mean, it's coming from a multi-billion dollar franchise, a huge supply of diehard fans of the series, well known writers who have rabid fans, and heavy promotion. ABC failing this would also definitely be a huge blow to cross-media franchises.(How many TV shows were born from movies? I know In the heat of the night is one. Anyone know what the others are?)

sportsgenius86 posted:

you can't sell a show on the back of the Avengers and then have it be about average human secret agents. That's just asking for a revolt.
I think the average human part would be fine if the baddies were more super. They've had some hints of it, but it doesn't have that whole super-scifi marvel-ly magic yet.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm not saying the concept wasn't bad, although otoh Marvels is one of the best and well-executed concepts Marvel has done in years, im saying abc is way too invested in this show to not renew it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Postal Parcel posted:

(How many TV shows were born from movies? I know In the heat of the night is one. Anyone know what the others are?)

Excluding the legions of animated spin-offs like The Real Ghostbusters, Beetlejuice, Men in Black, etc., I can think of Highlander: The Series, Stargate SG-1 and its spawn, La Femme Nikita, Freddy's Nightmares, Parenthood and The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles off the top of my head.

Edit: The Firm, too.

Timby fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Nov 18, 2013

• Locked thread