Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Damien Porter, Nouveau Yuppie
Sorry, forgot about the update. My bad gang.

Damien is legitimately surprised when he sees Rusty, the homeless man he had met earlier, here waiting for him. He locks his eyes with the disgusting drunkard hoping to communicate his pure and unbridled hatred. If ever he wished he could impart the terror of his presence, it would be at this precise moment. And then he smiled.

"Uncle, Oh my god. Uncle are you ok? As soon as they said you were here at the airport, I came right away. I'm sorry I couldn't have gotten here sooner. What happened?" He says directing the flow of his conversation frantically trying to demonstrate both concern and joy, first looking with feigned joy into Rusty's eyes and then inquisitively at the staff as he speaks.

Pulling Rusty away, trying to ignore the stench of the man. He steps forward, "Is there anything I can do to make this right? My uncle... he's... he's just not in the best place. Hasn't been for some time and our family has..." He sighs and pantomimes shame, "Just let me know what I can do to get him out of your hair, please?"

Trying to be as sincere and cordial as possible, he turns to his uncle and asks, "Are you ready to go, Uncle Rus'?"

[+4 Manipulative +2 Charismatic, -2 Unfeeling]?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Rusty, Alcoholic Bum
"Hey! Don't talk about me like I'm not here, boy!" Rusty is in a poor position, one where he can't think much, can't back up if he makes a mistake, and is one false move away from getting dragged off or worse. But as a younger man, Rusty knew his way around a deck of cards, and when you're dealt a bad hand and can't fold, there's only one other thing you can do: bluff your goddamn rear end of. Grabbing Damien's shoulder, he forces the younger man to turn around and face him again.

"Quit tryin' to make out like I'm the one with the real issue here." Pointing out, back towards town, Rusty launches into the best, most indignant and disappointed rant he's ever made. "I know I ain't a saint, but I've been doin' the best I can to take care of my little sister." Things he's said to his son, things he's had said to him, things he's heard screamed from the other side of a bar, all of them twist and shape his words, refine his mudslinging into black magic of weaponized stereotype. "But she's your mama, boy! I don't care if you're a big city lawyer or margin trader or whatever you call yourself these days, you are her son, and you can't just leave her behind once she ain't of any more use to ya! That ain't the boy she raised!"

[Counter with +4 Street Smarts, +2 World Wise Old Man. Invoke Damien's -2 Unfeeling. Let's grab a hold of some preconceptions people have about rich yuppies and twist.]

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Mar 28, 2014

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!
Jack Tully – Veteran

“Yeah, I'm sure. You know how it goes at this age; the body and the mind begin to betray you. I'll be fine in a few minutes if I catch my breath. I'm heading home now anyway since it's been such a lively morning. Gotta give the old boy a chance to catch his breath, maybe potter about in the garden and yell at a few punk kids.” Jack wisecracks, trying to defuse Doc's worries. “Tell George I'm sorry for missing him, alright? Catch you later, Doc.”

'Before I go though', he thinks slyly to himself, a little bit of recon won't hurt. Highschool and Kirchner Road wasn't it? I'll swing 'round and scope the places out a bit. Start with the Highschool for now, since it's the most recent.'

I'll just slot this in. Wouldn't want to distract from “Bum vs. Rich Guy 2: The Unauthorised Sequel.” I want to use my advanced Army Veteran +4 skills to take a stealthy pace and avoid any tails on my way to scope out the Highscool. No point doing recon if I'm not being stealthy about it.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
October 7, 10:00 AM+++, T+3 Seconds Damien & Rustys Not-yet-combat sidebar

"Uh well, ah I mean you gotta sign a thing and ah..."

The younger guard accompanying Damien into the room stood back, not wanting to get caught up in what was obviously an emotional family conflict. He motioned vaguely with the clipboard in his hand but backed off as Rusty launched into another noxiously fragrant tirade against Damien's cold-hearted treatment of his mother. He took what was hopefully a stern and serious tone at the feuding relations.

"Hey you guys can't just ah, carry on like this in the airport. Theres laws, y'know homeland security and stuff. I'm going to need both of you to dial it down and be cool, or you're going back in lockup."

DAMIEN attacks AIRPORT SECURITY using Social Superiority Attack! (+4 Manipulative +2 Charismatic -2 Unfeeling) Its super effective!
RUSTY attacks AIRPORT SECURITY using Touchy Family History (+4 Street Smarts, +2 World Wise Old Man), AIRPORT SECURITY fainted!

Rusty got the second shot and did substantially more damage, wearing down the security dudes to make them do that thing he wanted which was to pooch over Damien's plan to make a clean and quick escape from the zone. Having been defeated in social combat they're now out of the running and more pliant to Rusty's initial suggestion than Damien's, which as I understand it is to FUBAR.

Jack Tully – Veteran

Keeping an eye on his rear view mirror and the horizon, Jack winds his way through the neighborhoods and old country roads between the shelter and the high school far outside of town. He'd exercised every precaution and dirty trick he knew and so far saw no pursuit. He eyed the high school in the distance, as the only major structure out here the drive up would be a lonely and exposed approach. Theoretically if someone were already in one of the houses on the far borders of town with a high powered rifle or scope they'd get a clear view of him and he'd be none the wiser, but that seemed just a little too paranoid. It wasn't too far and if it came to it he had a pretty good idea of where a shot might come from, but he didn't quite get the kind of hair rising on the back of your neck feeling that being watched by a sniper sometimes gave him.

It was just sitting there in the distance, nothing really out of place or astonishing, a clump of low buildings most recently renovated in the 90s and filled with teens from across most of the county.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Damien rubs his temples for a moment as the scene escalates at the airport.

"I apologize, I don't mean for this to get out of hand like this..." he leans into the security, "...it's just that when he gets to drinking like he does, he may disappear for days, even weeks at a time. We do have matters we need to work out, but really I just want to get out of here with my uncle without causing any more of a scene. This story he's cocked up? Another alcohol fueled delusion."

He cuts his eyes to his uncle. "I'm sorry Uncle Rusty. Let's talk about this where it's appropriate, please? Unless that is you want to end up in a holding cell for disturbing the peace, or worse, draw anymore unwanted attention to ourselves now would we? Let's go somewhere and talk."

[Let's use +2 Business Minded, and invoke -4 Alcoholic to assure the guard that we just need to process this like any other incident and get out of the air port, also trying to remove my drunken uncle's credibility in the process.]

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Nicole Smith

"Hmm, I dunno..." Nico gave the door a quick glance, then went to whip her phone out in order to fake-check for texts when she remembered she didn't have it anymore. gently caress! Guess she'd hang out with weirdo for a bit, smoke some of his weed and maybe convince him to drive her to one of her dealer's houses. And maybe on the way back they could drive past the High School, and she could figure out who the latest time assaulting douchebag was. Somehow.

She dithered for about ten seconds before looking the incredibly weird guy who's house she was in the eyes. Giving him a sly grin, Nico shrugged her shoulders. "Well, since I'm already here, guess we can eat and bowl." You'd better have some great loving weed, creepazoid. "Mind grabbing the weed? We can use whatever pipe you want, I'll pack it." Plus if I just smoke and don't eat or drink anything he won't be able to loving roofie me. She wasn't that worried, dude was too much of a pussy, but he certainly seemed like the type that would try it.

Not bothering to wait for his answer, Nico practically flopped down on his couch and then watched him disappear into his room to do as she'd bid him. She was pretty certain he was already misinterpreting her visit, and for now at least, that suited her. She'd just invent some reason she needed to leave later, and if the past was a good predictor of the future, he'd trip over himself to agree with her that her made-up bullshit was urgent. Until then though, might as well lead him on.

Sitting up, Nicole pulled the hemline of her skirt up ever so slightly and then resumed talking to Mark while he rummaged through his presumably disgusting room. "Yo, you heard about shrimpdick's newest fuckup, right? Apparently Jen, our roomie, caught him jerking it and crying while wearing one of my jackets and nothing else 'cuz he's a dumbfuck and didn't close his door all the way. What a goddamn loser, right? Everyone's talking about it, it's got to be so humiliating for him. Which he totally deserves, I had to burn the jacket."

This was a total lie of course, but Mark would probably tell it to everyone he knew, might even take a break from lecturing his few facebook friends about the benefits of purestrain gold to fill them in on her newest falsehood as if the news had been delivered to him from an angel on high. The Venn diagram of people she hung out with and he hung out with probably looked like the number eight, but word might filter out anyways.

Using Liar [+4] (obvious) and Hipster [+2] (she's so interesting and cool; he probably won't be as credulous as he should) to spread a hurtful lie about Eric. There's no real plan or agenda behind this other than idly hoping it hurts Eric.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 4, 2014

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Jack Tully - Veteran

Of course, even with a high-powered rifle Jack was skilled enough that he might be able to work himself into some cover, relying of course on an inexperienced sniper which wasn't guaranteed one way or the other in the sort of- "Woah there sailor. You stop this crazy train right this minute, or we'll have a stopover at psycho-ville for however long it takes the medication to kick in. Where the hell did all that come from?"

Jack wasn't feeling too worried beforehand, even when thinking about possible sniper positions. But now all he could see was ambush points and machine-gun placements. With a self-deprecating smirk, Jack took stock for a minute to calm his paranoia down. "Ah, too much excitement for one day. I'm going to need to go home and take my nap soon. Maybe potter in the garden, or whatever it is the senile ones do. Alright Jack, once more with feeling. But less paranoia this time around."

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

October 7, 10:00 AM+++, T+3 Seconds Damien & Rustys Not-yet-combat sidebar

"Hey you can't just waltz in here, make a scene and then run off. There's regulations, paperwork, you gotta sign this thing!"

Damien stopped short of flinching in anger and disgust as the younger guard grabbed him by the shoulder as he tried to lead Rusty away, waving a handful of papers in his direction.

"What was he even doing down here? You were in here earlier but you didn't have a flight or anything, Ethyl says you were just asking about some VIP you missed, but that doesn't add up with what your uncle says he was here for."

Damien reached for the papers, scanning them briefly to make sure that they didn't admit any liability or guilt (only an idiot would sign whatever was thrown in his face without checking) and continued smoothly,

"It's the alcoholism. My uncle is a severely troubled man, we're really hoping to get him into a good substance abuse program but he keeps running away. If you could just let me get him home I think he can probably sleep it off, please I don't want to cause any more trouble than we already have. I'll pay for any damages, just call my office. Come on Uncle Rusty."

Pulling free of the guard he nudged Rusty along, but found himself unable to move the older man who glared back at him in barely restrained fury.

"Jus' like yer old man, always gotta be bargin' throwing your money around like that. People aren't cogs in a machine Damien! You can't just fix everything by throwing down a wad or greasing the right palms, or expect people to bend over rear end backwards just because you're using your DIRTY money to INTIMIDATE them into keeping QUIET."

From there the argument devolved into a standoff, recriminations, character assassination, and subtle accusations flying between the two men as the one pushed while the other pulled.

Rusty's default action is to oppose Damien, which led to a tie and a push. That guy just really doesn't want to move, and as the situation draws itself out further both of you are looking pretty bad.

Nicole Smith

"Ugh, that's disgusting. That can't be good for your, uh peace of mind."

Called it. Hungry-Man XXL, Backyard Barbeque flavor. 2 grilled white meat chicken patties, barbeque sauce, 2 rib-shaped pork patties, and mashed potatoes with what looked like a healthy turn of maple syrup on top. And some Lucky Charms on the side. Of course.

"You ever think about... finding yourself some new living arrangements?"

Ignoring the man-childtastic meal before her she motioned for the pipe and wiped away the worst of its coat of grime with the tablecloth. Someone on the house was doing laundry or at least cared enough to put real cloth tablecloths on the table (kinda weird actually but whatever), and she took the tupperware full of weed and began packing while he chattered on.

"Uhuh. Yeah. Hand me that spoon there?"

Using the tablespoon she roughly broke and ground the nug, packing the bigger pieces down to keep that poo poo from falling through but loose enough to get a good burn.

"Well I mean, I'd offer you know, because it's not like I can just leave a lady in distress and need like that. You'd have to kick in too of course, I'm not running a charity or anything here."

He sat next to her under the presumed pretext of getting closer to the pipe, alternating his awkward speech with quick bites of the Lucky Charms.

"Hm."

Ok so it actually was pretty good weed. Nico held her breath a little, letting the combination of acrid smoke and lack of oxygen give her a bit of that tingling rainbow sparkle sensation before blowing it out in a slow puff and passing the pipe over to Mark. He licked his lips and tried kind of hard not to look like a creep as he took a hit while totally gobbling the spot where she'd just had her lips, ugh.

"Hey Mark can you like do me a favor? I need a ride someplace. I gotta check in with my dealer, and then there's this thing I gotta do over at the high school."

"Yeah ah sure, when did you need to go?"

She wiped the pipe clean again and motioned meaningfully with her eyebrows as she took another hit, holding a long breath.

"What right now? I was kind of in the middle of, well ok yeah I can give you a ride sure. Let me just grab my keys."

October 7, 11:00 AM

Jack Tully - Veteran

Jack had made it home without any difficulties, mysterious blondes with possible sniper rifles watching him notwithstanding. He shrugged and chuckled to himself for overthinking it, some paranoia was healthy sure, but too much was just paranoid. It seemed like the entire morning had been nothing but a constant stream of shocks and crazy events, and pulling into his driveway and waiting patiently for the garage door really served to center him. What he really needed right now was some time to stop, take a break, think over what he'd learned and plan accordingly.

He poured himself a glass of iced tea before settling down in the backyard with a notebook and a pencil to help him think. So first of all there were at least four jumpers that he knew of. Damien Porter, Rusty, the blonde (?), and himself. Maybe five, probably six counting whoever it was at Kirchner street and the high school. Taking a quick check against the local roadmap he'd brought he plotted the distance between the general points. Given a rough estimate of driving speeds and speed limits (Porter was probably alone in lead footing it with that BMW of his) it would have taken a driver between half an hour to forty five minutes to make the trip. That seemed like a lot of effort and possible exposure to go through for a three second jump.

Nicole Smith

"What'd you say you needed to do here?"

Mark pulled his SUV into the high school parking lot and looked at her expectantly. Now that she was here though Nico realized that she wasn't actually sure of what the hell it was she could do to find the identity of the high school's time-rear end in a top hat. Well, aside from sticking her head out the window and using her power right now. That'd work pretty well actually, or maybe getting out and doing some recon scouting or some poo poo.

Rodderdale High. It was a lovely name for a no doubt shittier hick high school than the one she'd gone to however the many gently caress years ago. She could probably get inside and wander around no problem. She looked down at herself and her outfit, thinking it over. Yeah she could still pass herself off as a high schooler, just kind of wing it as a wannabe goth or something out to ditch class.

Damien & Rusty

Oh perfect.

"Hey. Something wrong in here?"

The police cruiser was parked outside, its lights still flashing. Airport Security, having wisely chosen discretion over valor simply pointed straight to Damien and Rusty as they continued their confrontation. The officer rested his hand at his side and frowned, raising his voice at them.

"I said, is something wrong in here? Sir?"

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Damien turns to the officer, his ineffectual smiles long having deteriorated into expressions of frustration, but he tries to muster a smile in any case, especially now that this situation has escalated to this point.

"Will you just cooperate so we don't get charged for disturbing the peace, I'm not here to hurt you, but this exposure is good for neither of us. Please."

Though not typically sincere, when it came to appearances and reputation, he did what he had to or at least tried at sincerity. He looks at Rusty with serious, but pleading eyes. Then turns back to the officer after his hasty whispers with the bum.

"No sir, My uncle and I were in a dispute, but I assure you that it isn't out of hand. Family matters... I apologize for any inconvenience or disrespect that this scene has caused, and am more than willing to resolve this as it needs to be resolved." Damien says looking at the officer and at the airport security.

"What do we need to fill out?"

[+2 Business Minded, +2 Charismatic]

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Rusty, Alcoholic Bum
The appearance of the police, and Damien's whispered response, makes Rusty reconsider his current situation. On one hand, getting Damien off the street and into a cell would likely keep him from doing any harm. On the other hand, Damien would get out much, much quicker than Rusty, and then what would he do? If there was one place that Rusty would never, ever have the advantage over Damien, it was a police office.

"My nephew and I were just leaving. To see his mother." Rusty glared at Damien, but already, the act is dropping (or perhaps falling apart), "You drive, I took the bus here."

[+4 Street Smarts for disengaging from the police as smoothly as possible. Assisting Damien, rather than resisting.]

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Jack Tully – Veteran

'So we definitely have some more time travellers in play; the Kirchner place is a household, so it's more then likely that that specific traveller lives there, or was visiting or was a burglar taking a look around while everyone’s out on their morning chores...'

Jack shook his head, banishing those thoughts. Anything other then someone living there meant that the trail would be cold before even starting. So assuming a member of the house was the culprit, while optimistic, was the only way to get anything out of this.

'The Highschool means the other one is either a student or a teacher. Definitely the football field? Matches probably wouldn't be held this early and they don't have breaks this early in the day, so... gym class? Someone trying to show off a killer new move? Maybe a bullied student getting a few seconds ahead of the Jocks.

Spinning his yarn on and on, Jack caught onto a pretty dangerous set of plans. Kirchner and the Highschool were both known quantities; everyone else knew about the existence of travellers in those areas, so another jump wouldn't reveal his own idenity. There was the matter of the type of travel being different though, as Jack's ability (although unused as of yet) let him go backwards. But if no one else knew about him, he would just become another unknown, unseen entity running about the place.

'I can either activate my power outside the Highschool just before school ends, or do the same at Kirchner during the night, when everyone is at home. Either way, contact with the travelers. Highschool's out soon, though would the Kirchner residents have vacated for the day already? It's also going to be a while before anyone can travel yet, so it's not like I can do anything now.

------

I'm assuming Jack knows about the various affects of time travel, as well as his own ability.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Nicole Smith

"Uhhmm..." Oh gently caress, she hadn't thought that he'd ask her why they were detouring to the high school. It was honestly an unfair question - she hadn't asked him why in the gently caress he insisted on playing Metallica the entire car ride despite being older than twelve - but one that would be suspicious if she didn't answer.

"I'm here for part of a Youtube video I'm making, duh. Are you not subscribed to my channel or something?" She answered with a huff, throwing the car door open and stepping out onto the asphalt when she finished her totally bogus explanation. It'd probably make him think he'd hurt her feelings, and hopefully that dumbshit was smart enough to know that would mean she wasn't answering any more questions.

"I'll be back in like... five minutes probably. Just gotta pop in there and film myself shouting at a bunch of high schoolers, should be fun. Keep the engine on." She slammed the car-door shut and began to trot off towards the high school, sincerely hoping that security was lax. Getting caught sneaking into a high school would be a first for her.

Striding into the courtyard like she owned the place, Nico gave a couple disparaging looks to kids milling about - might as well be in-character as a goth chick- while considering what to do. She hadn't really thought this part through - how in the hell was she supposed to find whoever was dicking around with time here? Hmm. Well, sense I can sense whenever people shift things around, other people that can probably sense it when I do. And sense I know the location of people messing around with it, they also probably can too. Soo...

Walking up to the flag pole in the courtyard's center, Nico leaned her back against it, started to yawn, and then skipped time forward three seconds to after she'd completed her yawning. Might as well make it easy for whoever it was to find her.

Advancing time forward three seconds.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

:siren:Time has been changed, time has been forcibly advanced by three seconds:siren:

October 7, 11:00 AM+, T+3 Seconds

Pain, terror. Time has shifted, pushed forward by 3 seconds. The perpetrator is located in the high school on the far outskirts of the north side of town.

Time is now locked until the end of the Scene/Hour!

Nicole Smith

Nico stretched her arms back around the flagpole as she yawned. Maybe she should have bummed a non-toothpase flavored cigarette off of Mark while she was at it, but hosed if she was going to make two trips out of this bullshit. She leaned back and watched the doors to the highschool and windows to various classrooms lazily through half-lidded eyes. Assuming that everybody else had the same reaction to getting timefucked that she did any second now some rear end in a top hat would be rounding the corner, sticking his head out the window or-

The teenaged boy (letterman jacket wearing jock gently caress) burst through the doors of the courtyard, stumbling back as he pulled up short in his surprise. He looked at her in confusion before looking towards a window to her left where another teenaged boy (some gawky nerdy little motherfucker with an admittedly impressive spike of hair) stared at him, at her, and tried to cower behind the window frame as the rapid fire awkward moment of recognition and confusion passed through the three of them like a hot potato.

"Uh. gently caress. You a cop?"

Hands in his pockets, Jock Jams backed away from her with suspicion and distrust written across his pimply face and posture. He did that thing teenage boys do when they're trying too hard not to sound scared, confused, or horny.

"You gotta tell me if you're a cop. Or a narc. There's laws."

He backed away towards the door, staring her straight in the eyes without his gaze inexorably wandering south as he talked. Maybe actually not horny then.

Jack Tully – Veteran

The highschool again. The courtyard, right in front of the new flagpole where he and the local VFA guys had helped retire their old flag and put up the new donated one. Twice in quick succession like that meant that either somebody was having one hell of a day for himself or there was more than one time traveller at the highschool.

Jack looked down at the hole he'd torn in the sheet of paper with his pencil as time had jerked itself into place around him before flipping backwards to the other page where he'd carefully written down the time of each jump. Every hour, almost exactly on the hour always going forward and hurting like a son of a bitch. Except for the first, which was a jump back. Or second depending on how you counted it. That would mean Rusty's power was the same as his, since Rusty was probably the only time traveller at the homeless shelter at that time.

Damien Porter, the guy from Kirchner, the student or teacher at the highschool, and the blonde, all of those were jumps forward. Did that mean he and Rusty were special somehow?

"Probably has something to do with being a pair of crusty old farts."

He joked quietly to himself, cracking a smile from a grimace as he reached for the glass of iced tea. There was still a lot he could figure out by just sitting here and piecing things together slowly, but then again also plenty of room for legwork or intervention if it turned out the two jumps in succession at the highschool meant that two time travellers were duking it out.

Yep, although Jack hasn't actually used his power yet he's personally experienced movement both ways. Kind of weird though now that I think about it

Rusty, Alcoholic Bum & Damien Porter, Nouveau Yuppie totally NOT fleeing the cops but getting kinda close

Damien turned slowly to respond to the officer, a smooth reply already on his lips as Rusty nodded in assent to help him back down from a situation where neither of them would escape unscathed when time rippled and ground its way forward painfully.

"Agh!"

Rusty called out as he leaned heavily against the wall. Some loving kids at the highschool again, this time they were at the thing. The little yard thing in the middle for the kids to smoke between classes. Like all of the other jumps it hurt so bad and he strained hard to resist the urge to dry heave again.

"Hey watch out! He's having another fit! Grab the paddles quick!"

"No stop!"

Damien recovered from the jump much more quickly (three times in a row, maybe he was getting used to it now?), biting back his own curse of pain and anger to grasp Rusty not-too-gently by the arm.

"Please sir, it's not a heart attack or an allergic reaction. My uncle is just having withdrawal symptoms due to his substance abuse problem. I'll sign whatever forms and waivers you need, and I'll drive him straight to the clinic where his doctors are waiting for him. If there's some sort of public nuisance fine or ticket we need to pay just take my ID and write me up for it and I'll square it away later. Please."

The lies flowed smoothly off Damien's tongue, and he hit the right mix of authority, plausible deniability and feigned concern for Rusty's safety that the police were mollified. After signing the airport waiver and leaving their information with the police he frog marched the still reeling Rusty to his BMW. They stopped as Damien pressed the button on his keys, turning off the automatic alarm and popping open the side door for the old bum.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Damien, Nouveau Yuppie

If for only because we got out of the airport without much more trouble, Damien almost feels respect for the struggling old drunk.

"You ok old man?" he asks mimicking concern as he opens the door of the BMW.

Helping Rusty get fastened in his car, Damien gives one final look back at the airport as synapses, magic, or so other entropic force notifies Damien of the shift in time/space, alerting him to the presence of another.

"No use sugar-coating it, you can travel through time just like me. I felt that last shift, you are still feeling it. Want to go find out who's behind it? Some inkling of a thought, some creeping nuance... clarity? Something tells me it's coming from a local highschool and traffic aside, we can be there in 45 minutes or less. You up to it?" Damien asks the old drunk who was still in the throws of the temporal lapse.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Jack Tully – Veteran

“Well, no hope for it now. I hope I have the self control to not become 'Dances With Sniper Rifles' again.”

Even if this time travel was the result of one time traveler, twice in a row like that meant they were making themselves too much of a target. Jack needed to get to business and teach those drat kids (plus Rusty) about protecting yourself from unknown quantities. Besides, if it is a highschooler, it's unlikely they've thought far enough ahead about things to realise the danger they were in. It would probably put him in the sight of this unknown (if he wasn't already) but gently caress that if some kid was going to get caught in the crossfire.

“Never thought I would get the chance to play the Gandalf to some little shits Harry Potter. Let's hope I get there in time.”

Off to the school to see what we can see. No more delusions of gun emplacements and sniper rifles please, I don't think poor Jacks heart could take that stress.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Nico Smith

Provided this kid, and glasses dweeb who'd been too chickenshit to do anything besides gawking at her from behind a window, were able to manipulate time like she could, Nico's "plan" had worked out vastly better than she'd expected. Still, Jock Jams had managed to say something unbelievably stupid within seconds of meeting her, and it wasn't like she was going to let that poo poo slide.

"Yo kid, are you loving stupid, or have you just watched too many lovely movies with your brain turned off? That's made-up bullshit about undercover cops having to identify themselves - if they did, don't you think gangs and mafias and poo poo would be loving smart enough to just ask the same goddamn question of everyone they worked with?" She took a couple steps towards him, rather annoyed with someone for being gay for the second time that day. He presumably was, anyways, or just had incredibly poo poo taste. Or maybe he was a pedophile. Whatever the reason, he certainly wasn't as distracted as Mark had been the whole time they'd been driving around.

"Anyways, if I WAS a narc or cop - which I'm loving not, and don't you dare accuse me of being either again, shrimpdick - I'd hardly tell you that the whole 'they have to identify themselves thing' was, like, made up for TV and movies, I'd just tell you I wasn't one." A few more steps, and Nico was now so close she could reach out and slap him if the need arose. Also, could talk more quietly about time-travel-magic, so as to not sound like a lunatic so openly.

She smiled predatorily at the Jock, and then reached a hand across her chest to point at the window Anime Hair had stared at them both from behind, pushing her tits up and leaning forward some while doing so. It's not like she needed this rear end in a top hat to think she was hot as gently caress, but... it was somewhat irritating her that he didn't. "Anyways, you and freak-o over there felt it when I shifted time around a few seconds ago, right? Which means you two fuckers can do it too. And unless one of you was at the airport and one was at the goddamn hobo-station earlier today, that there are like... two others? Of us. At least."

Running a hand through her tri-coloured hair and regretting not bringing her menthols immensely, Nico paused for a moment, the thought having occurred to her that this dude might actually know gently caress-all - he certainly had a faced that screamed "moron" in all-caps. Provided he did know about time travel, it wasn't like he was actually going to have anything goddamn useful to say - and if he didn't know a thing, and she'd just sort of ranted at him... uh, need an excuse... Performance art! Or YouTube! That was the ticket! She'd just tell dumbfuck that they were filming a scene and she'd stayed in character when he interrupted her.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 27, 2014

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

October 7, 11:00 AM++

Nico Smith

Jock Jams' lips move as he slowly follows her logic (apparently not his strong suit) and works out the math for himself. Thankfully for the sake of both their dignity he didn't actually have to resort to double checking and counting on his fingers, but as he slowly worked his way towards the same conclusions his expression turned increasingly hostile.

"Yeah well, well gently caress you! I didn't do anything, and no matter what that stuttering freak says you got no proof! It's my ticket anyway and as soon as the next hour hits I'm going to find it!"

Stumbling back away from her, he wrenched the door open and did his best not to flee ignomiously while shouting something incomprehensible.

"And I'm not some kind of loving freak time-traveller either!"

Nico watched him go with some aplomb. Yeah, probably definitely gay. Chasing after him would be a humilating experience for the both of them, and where the gently caress would he go anyway? That motherfucker probably had class or football practice or something he was too chickenshit to ditch. She turned to anime hair as he flinched again, staring at her from the window, and motioned for him to come to the courtyard. He paled visibly but a few minutes later he joined her, sticking to the side of the door in case somebody was watching him from the windows.

"You a time traveler?

"Y-y-y-yeah. Am I in trouble?"

"Depends? Were you at the airport or the homeless shelter earlier today?"

"Th-th-that was at six, an-and at seven today right? A long j-jump, and a short one? And again at eight?"

"Got it in one."

She grinned, pleased at both the general progress and the way he refused to meet her eyes while trying not to stare at her chest. Probably definitely not gay. Not-gay didn't do poo poo for her growing craving for a cigarette though.

"Hey you holding?"

"What?"

"Cigarettes man, smokes, booze, whatever. You got anything?"

He stared at her in shock and horror before shaking his head vehemently.

"N-n-no. W-what'd you say to Chris to scare him off?"

Jack Tully – Veteran

It was stupid. Probably just stress and an overly active sense of paranoia, but Jack doublechecked his mirrors as he pulled up to the high school just the same. The coast was clear. Rodderdale High was a squat square structure of orange brick and plastic-glass facade from the 70s, and idly he went over what he knew about the school and anybody he knew inside. There was the principal, a lady named Myers who had a husband that worked up at the base, he struggled with the recollection of what she looked like. What was her name? Randy Myers was her husband, and they'd just sent their son to college but for the life of him he couldn't remember her first name. And then there was the guy in charge of the ROTC program, he'd probably have a few awkward questions but be willing to help out.

An awkard 20-something in a fedora and a trenchcoat leaned up against a gold Escalade, smoking a thin joint as he stared at the front door to the school in the distance.

"You got a problem gramps?"

Jack frowned as he stared back at the boy. It took a special mix of brazen and stupid to literally be waiting outside the school's doors for school to let out and customers to walk by, and reflexively he almost opened the door of his car to confront the drug dealer before spotting a familiar black BMW. Damien Porter must have felt the shift too. He craned his head to get a better look at the lump in the front seat. Was that Rusty?!

Damien, Nouveau Yuppie/Rusty, (taking a nap?)

Rusty mumbled something unintelligible, settling into the soft leather of the BMW's seats with a rancid puff of stale vomit and probable flatulence. He grunted along with Damien's suggestion, nodding off quietly as he leaned against the side door of the car, apparently too worn out by the confrontation to do more than doze.

Damien bit back his disgust at the vagrant and concentrated on driving (rather quickly) towards the highschool. Now that he actually had Rusty he was somewhat at a loss as to what to do with the man. He'd been seen leaving the airport with him, so any 'accidents' or disappearances would undoubtly lead to some awkward questions being asked, but at the same time he couldn't just let the guy loose while he was still sitting on something as precious as the ability to manipulate time.

How would you take someone else's time anyway? The Time Keeper hadn't actually said. Could it be bargained away or did it have to be taken? Damien mused silently to himself, he could shower the bum with the promise of all the malt liquor and fried chicken he could carry or threaten bureaucratic or legal repercussions but this would probably take some finesse. There was plenty of time to figure it all out provided he could keep his cool and play with his cards close to his chest. He pulled into the highschool's parking lot, looking around for any signs of trouble or other potential time travellers and finding none.

A gentle shake and slightly more forceful nudge did nothing to rouse Rusty, so he simply left the car and engaged the child safety lock. The old bum would keep until he either woke up or Damien decided to come back for him.

"Can I help you sir?"

The elderly hall monitor at the door of the school stared at him from her pearl-rimmed glasses and he smiled back.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

"Yes ma'am. My name I am here on the behalf of Porter - Harold - McHenry - Letton and I had my secretary call in an appointment to discuss an internship program PHML is offering. Where is the principal's office?" Damien asks politely, presenting his business card which always seemed to be perfectly on-hand.

He looks over his shoulder only briefly, glaring at the slouched over drunkard in his passenger seat hoping he wouldn't wake up and make a scene.
I do hope you wake up Rusty! :)

[+4 Manipulative, +2 Business Minded]
Unless this Hallway Monitor is a hot mess, OCD should be ok. Unfeeling may come into play if she's giving me a hard time.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Jack Tully – Veteran

It didn't make much sense for it to be anyone but Rusty, but whoever it was they looked alive. If Damien was planning on “taking” this guys time (if it even was Rusty), he wouldn't be ferrying him about in his own Limo. Jack tucked the info away though, making a note of the license plate and what the guy looked like in case it came up in the future.

“I do still have his number. Maybe I'll give him a ring if I can't make any headway. Let's see what comes up first though, now where's the flagpole?”

Let's just walk straight on in. Try and catch up with Damien and ride on his coat-tails. If not, Jack will take what comes. Until next time, Rusty.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

October 7, 11:00 AM+++

Nico Smith

Nicole leaned back against the wall, staring up as if contemplating his question. After a ponderous fifteen seconds, she finally responds. "Yeah, told him he was loving dumb for thinking I was a cop, and also that he'd see too many poo poo movies."

"Anyways... so, you know anyone else that can do this time travel stuff?" 'Cuz you not being at any of those places means there's gotta be more of us, you happen to have met any of 'em besides me?" Nico was curious, but didn't think it was very likely. "Also, what's the deal with that fuckface" she gestures her head towards the door Chris ran out of, "other than being really loving stupid? You tell him about time travel stuff?"

"Y-Yeah he's a tool. We both kind of figured out this time travel stuff at the same time and h-h-he's been a lot quicker to use it. You're sure I'm not in trouble?"

The boy shook his head and hunched over nervously as he replied.

"N-n-n-no, as far as I know it's just the two of us- three."

"Well, unless one of you two were at the Hobo Station earlier today, and at the airport earlier than that... there's obviously more than three of us." Nico was trying to be incredibly patient with this kid. She was using the same verbal filter she applied whenever she had to hang around with her parents, but if this kid turned out to be as lovely as Jock Jams, just in a different direction - well, that filter was going to be the first thing to go.

Nico considered her options. "Hmm... yo, you got Facebook, right? My name's Nicole Smith, just friend me on there and we can talk about time travel poo poo later."

She needed to not be hanging around a high school. Getting confronted by a particularly irate person, group of people, or security guard would loving suck - she was still a bit too hungover to enjoy the prospect of outrunning authority figures. Time to head back to the car.

"Y-y-y-yeah I have to get back to class anyway. I'll friend you for sure!"

He called after her as she strode down the hall, passing some old guy on the way. The oldperv gave her an eyeful but she ignored him and the spluttering hall monitor at the door both as she kicked it open and made her way out to the parking lot.

"Hey. That was like uh, a long recording session. You want a hit?"

Mark leaned against the hood of his car, the spliff hanging loosely from between his fingers as he tried his best not to look like a creep hanging around a highschool parking lot in the middle of the day for no good reason.

Jack Tully – Veteran

Flagpole, flagpole, that was straight in from the front door past the administration offices and in the courtyard of the highschool as he remembered it. Giving Roberta an excuse about wanting to check the moorings (for safety reasons because he'd noticed they looked a bit loose before) Jack signed in at the hall monitor's desk at the front door and noted Damien Porter's signature in the slot above his.

Porter was probably there trying to follow the same lead. Reflexively he felt in his pocket for the man's card as he made his way towards the courtyard, passing a teenaged girl (they wore less and less every year, and that hair...) on her way out. Standing at the doorway to the courtyard a gawky boy with a ridiculous hairdo appreciatively watched her go. The boy's gaze snapped upwards as soon as he saw Jack, and he flinched guiltily before stumbling the rest of the way indoors and taking off at an awkward run down the hall in the opposite direction.

"Oh. Well I don't hm... Let me just check... I'm so sorry Mr. Porter I don't have any mention of you on my list of expected visitors. Let me just call ahead to Victoria and she'll be right over to sort this out."

Damien smiled as he reached over to interrupt, signing his name with a flourish on her clipboard for visitor check-ins.

"Oh no that's ok really, there must have been some sort of mixup with my secretary. Is that the office down there? I'll just head over and talk to her directly."

The old woman blushed at the eye contact and nodded towards the clearly marked office down the hall where Damien found himself face to face with a collection of drab decor and a brace of even more glum and elderly female office staff.

"My name is Damien Porter and I am here on the behalf of Porter - Harold - McHenry - Letton. I had my secretary call in an appointment to discuss an internship program PHML is offering? I think I'm supposed to be meeting with someone named Victoria?"

"What? Really? But I don't... we don't... Pam! Did you miss a call or erase a voicemail?"

The ladies chattered amongst themselves for a moment, trying to assign blame or figure out when Damien's actual appointment was supposed to be. Eventually the principal came out and after some debate came around the desk and offered him her hand.

"Hi, I'm Victoria Myers the Principal. What's this about a PHML internship?"

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Jack Tully – Veteran

'So that's the courtyard? That girl is heading back the way I came. Back to the exit?' Jack watched the running boy, cataloging face, look and shape for a later rendezvous. He then quickly turned to look in the direction of the suspicious girl. 'An old man chasing a boy around a school is going to attract much more attention then is already necessary. And if she is leaving... Jack began to hustle after the girl, backtracking his way to the entrance.

On his way out he palmed his phone and Porters number, leaving a quick message. “Porter, it's Jack. I know you’re at the school looking for a lead and I think I have a few. I'm chasing after one now. I'll contact you later when I get some more details. If you run into trouble with the Principal and need a bit more pull, mention my name. I know Mrs Myers husband quite well.”

It might be foolish to place so much trust in Damien, but he technically hadn't done anything terrible to Jack except play a bit of verbal swordplay. Jack was a big fan of giving people enough rope to hang themselves and if Damien wasn't to be trusted, that bridge could be crossed later. Otherwise, no sense making enemies of friends.

Let’s track down that girl. I can always get back in on a failure, and I have the boys look so I can track him down when schools out. My +4 Army Veteran tracking and recon skills sure are getting a workout.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Damien Porter - Nouveau Yuppie

Damien curses himself under his breath for his haughty social interactions. He hadn't really thought this through, what would he say? He didn't actually expect himself to end up meeting with the principal to discuss this fake internship he had thought up.

'I swear to god, I better not have to see this through...' he thought as he smiled and shook Victoria's hand.

"Yes, ma'am. My secretary must have forgotten to call. My firm is looking to offer some internships at local high schools and nearby college campuses. I was hoping I might be able to get some information and speak to you in private?"

He turns to look at the other women in the office then back at Victoria, pantomiming implied secrecy. "It could truly be a life changing opportunity and I'd like to discuss exactly what it is I'm looking for."

pre:
Damien's Space
The putrid stench of
decay fills this tiny
office. The sooner I'm
out of here the better.

Smile, go through the
motions, shake hands,
flirt. Just remember
what you came here for
Damien.

I really hope that drunk
hasn't vomited in the car.
I just got the upholstery
cleaned. Filthy heathen.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Nicole Smith

"Uhh, yeah. Got it done though." Nico grabbed the proffered spliff, took a few hits off it, and then handed it back. "So, we..."

Her voice trailed off while she noticed, hiding behind a column near the door she'd just exited and watching them, was the same old dude who'd leered at her in the hallway. Was he like, a teacher or vice principal or something? Dammit, I probably just smoked right in front of him too...

"Yo Mark, jump in the car and like, get ready or some poo poo. I'll go see what this guy wants. You see me start to run back, start up the loving car, ok?" Her soon-to-be-get-away-driver informed of his role, it was time to talk with Capt. Creep over there.

Strolling towards the guy, Nico lit up one of her menthols while trying to figure out who this guy was, and why in the gently caress he was acting like a secret loving agent. Wouldn't an administrator have just yelled the second they loving saw her, let alone saw her smoking weed? He was probably just some creepy loving weirdo wandering the school. It's not like she hadn't been able to sneak in, some determined pedophile could probably figure it out.

Taking a few steps up the stairs (but far enough to be safe if he lunged at her, she hoped,) Nicole decided to introduce herself, so to speak. "So, uh, how can I loving help you? You shooting a documentary or some poo poo dude?"

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Jack Tully – Veteran

“Well now,” Jack replied, slightly put out “that depends on whether I'm just going senile or if I made a good judgement call. Hear about anything from the airport today? Then the homeless shelter. Twice. Then Kirchner Road, just the once. Then here at the school, twice again? If so, then I have a little PSA for you, miss. Again, feel free to stop me if I'm just a crazy ol' man, but if you do know something about it, then I'm here to touch base. People are in danger, and I have a responsibility to help out where I can, especially with those who can't help themselves, like high-school kids.”

“If I'm right, I know of at least 6 people like us; you, me, the highschooler, a businessman, a homeless guy and a forth traveller; the one from the airport who has so far showed the biggest ability to travel. I remember what the Keeper said about taking time and she must have taken quite a bit in her day. Compared to her, we're like new born chicks next to a loving fox. From what I've researched, the airport one is a woman, foreign accent, most likely French. She was hanging around the homeless shelter as well, right around the time a fire broke out. I want to warn everyone I can at least once, or make sure the message gets out to those who need to know. That boy you were talking to, is he the school traveller? It's important, since I figure he's in the most danger right now. Everyone else is an adult with options about protection, but as soon as he stops going into school, questions will be raised. All this unknown one has to do is wait up outside his school until the right moment arrives, and we're down one kid.”

Jack finishes his little spiel, and claws in his back pocket for a bit of paper and a pen. He scribbles out his number and first name. “Names Jack. If I am just crazy, feel free to run. If my hunch was right, call if you run into any danger. If you want me to keep you updated, give me a way to contact you as well. Like I said, I know about a few others like us. If you want me to keep quiet about you, I'll keep my mouth shut. Otherwise, they might be a help to you if I get taken out. At least if you have a way of getting into contact with everyone and people start going dark, you know it's time to get out of dodge. If you could pass on what I told you to the highschooler, or give me a way to pass it onto him, well that would be the least you could do to help protect him.” Jack held out the little piece of paper, hoping, not for the first time today, that he wasn't actually just going senile. 'It would be just my loving luck' he thought to himself.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Damien Porter - Chatmode

"Uhm. Well, I don't know what it is exactly that you're looking for but yes of course we're interested. Please come into my office and have a seat."

Leading him behind the counter to a plainly furnished office, Victoria motioned towards the well used chairs.

"Coffee? Water? No? So what are you looking for in an intern exactly, but I can a short list of our honors students and the ones most likely to need scholarships for college, that sort of thing. Our outgoing valedictorian, Roberta Gomez would probably be a great choice under any sort of selection criteria. She's a recently naturalized citizen, first generation immigrant of parents also the same, works part-time at McDonalds to help support her family while maintaining a 4.5 GPA."

She poured herself a cup of coffee and settled into her seat.

"She's clever, active in student government, a motivated worker, and overall a very ambitious and grounded young woman."

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Damien stares at the woman, his eyes locked with hers or the movement or her lips. He adds a well-placed smiles and nods in between her pauses hoping she would do all the talking for him, but then Damien realized that he was going to get nowhere.

He shifts uncomfortably in his seat, doing his best to not to think about what stains or loose fabric fibers would end up on his $4,000 dollar suit.

pre:
Damien's Space
No not a flat $4,000
you half-wit. That's
an approximation at 
this point, and the 
point has long since
been moot.

Maybe this woman will
actually have some use
to me if I play my cards
right.
Damien leans back in the seat and smiles wide as he finally takes his turn to speak, "Victoria... I'm going to be straight with you. I'll be directly involved with the selection process and I was wondering if there would be any way for me to get a copy of your roster. At PHML we like to be as thorough as possible and we really want this opportunity to be awarded to the student who needs it. We want your best, we want your brightest, but there is something to be said about diamonds in the rough as well. We want to consider all the possibilities and I feel like... No I know that we can do something important here." he says tapping his finger onto her desk as 'here' escapes his mouth.

He shoots her an admiring look hoping that she could be so easily swayed.

Manipulative and Charming, whatever penalties apply!

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Nicole Smith

Well, this trip to the school had certainly been productive - time travelers everywhere! This one was more annoying than the last one had been, though. He looked and acted a little bit too much like Nico's dad, which did very very little to improve her disposition towards him. That he seemed to be able to talk for-loving-ever didn't help either. By the time he'd finally finished, Nico had grown rather annoyed with him.

"Uhh, you guessed right buddy, about me and that kid. Crazy day you're having, huh?" She blew smoke at his face, tapped the cigarette to discard the ash that had accumulated at its tip, pocketed his contact info, and stared at him for a second or two, before finally continuing what she had to say.

"Yeah, gotcha, will call if I'm gonna get murdered by a french lady. I'll pass this stuff along to the kiddo... probably. Gotta find a computer and wait for him to friend me, my phone's totally hosed off to some other dimension or some poo poo like that." Nico ran her free hand through her hair and exhaled more smoke towards Mr. Exposition.

As far as she could tell, he wasn't actually leering at her, but she still brought her hands up to her chest to cover her cleavage. "And stop loving staring dude, it's goddamn creepy of you. Are you sure you're allowed on school grounds?" She added this last bit in rather loudly, hopefully audible to others in the parking lot. Maybe it'd get him to gently caress off, maybe it'd just make him uncomfortable - either result was alright with Nico.

---------

Liar in case her yelling about Jack's not-staring at her actually matters.

Sorry guys, know the post is pretty poo poo but between life and writer's block this is the best I'm gonna end up with. Know it's incredibly late, sorry for that too :(

Rauri fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 28, 2014

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Jack Tully – Veteran

Jack bore the small tirade like he did when any other rear end in a top hat tried to strut their stuff to the rest of the unit, like it would get them anything else except a bullet courtesy of Charlie. 'Would she deliberately leave the other kid in danger? She doesn't seem that sort of malicious, but you never can tell when someone needs to prove themselves the big swinging dick to prove some bizarre.'

“Make sure you call if the kid ends up getting murdered as well; he doesn't have any way of spreading the word and if he is targeted first, the weird girl he previously had no connection with but suddenly Acquaintanced on Mybook would be the logical second target.”

In response to his partners accusations, Jack responds with “Speaking of; that doesn't explain what the hell you're doing out of class, Little Miss.” just as loud as his conversation partner. “Unless you're not actually a Highschool student, and then what the hell are you doing barging out of there like you own the place?” He stops, takes a big sniff, and in a stage whisper finishes with “Is that Marijuana I smell?” He frowns a little and whispers "Let's not. You know about the threat and you can protect yourself as you see fit. But that kid is in danger and I don't want to be responsible for a death, just because you got in a tizzy over something I said and decided getting him killed was worth getting one over on me."

I will defend myself with a good offense, just in case Jacks not-staring actually matters. Not trying to spark off a combat however. +2 Powerful Connections because of my contact with the Principal and her Husband, and +2 Good Reputation because Jack is a drug hating pillar of the community. Let's get this show on the road.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

"Uhm- but-"

It really is a life changing opportunity. Given its size, status as a global leader in finance, and not-inconsiderable (from the school's perspective anyway) yearly donations to the school's operating budget PHML pulls more than its share of weight in local area politics. Damien easily smoothes over the principal's fears about student privacy and other related malfeasance and she leans over so that he can use her computer to set up a temporary administrative account.

"Right. You need to click on the little open door icon there and I'll need to approve your access but as long as you use the link you should be able to log into the enterprise system. Are you sure you don't have more specific criteria I could help you with? We've got almost two thousand students with all sorts of circumstances and backgrounds and I could ask some of the counselors for their recommendations..."

She drones on as he surreptitiously checks his phone for the time. There's only one text message, no voicemails.

Father posted:

My office. Now.

poo poo.

Damien drops the bomb of Victoria who fails her roll drastically. poo poo I lost the roll. Well take my word for it anyway but if you want hard numbers she had snake eyes and Damien had anything other than that so :P

Nicole Smith

Some kids passing by snicker at your casually thrown accusation, snapping pictures or video of the old man perving out in the highschool's parking lot but otherwise don't bother engaging or otherwise going out of their way to do anything.

"Oh poo poo. Nico we gotta bail!"

Mark starts the car, stubbing out the spliff on his dashboard and rolling up the windows of his Escalade as he motions at you to get in the car. He gestures towards the frowning, suited, linebacker-built old white guy making his way out the school's front doors towards you. Yep. Definitely a vice principal. Not wanting to get caught on campus with Mark and whatever the hell he's holding you slide into the car and gesture noncomitally at the old man. Mark yanks the car in reverse before gunning it out of the parking lot and down the street without bothering to check for pedestrians.

"poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo. Do you think he saw me? He's probably going to recognize my car even if he didn't. poo poo!"

"Geez chill out dude. So the vice principal saw you smoking in the parking lot. It's not like you're actually IN highschool so the gently caress's it even matter?"

Taking the spliff from its place on the dashboard, you smooth it out and relight it as you wait for Mark to work through whatever retarded poo poo he's got going on.

"Ok. Ok you're right. It's not like he got close enough to know for sure that it was weed. Not unless that old guy you were arguing with narcs me out I'm probably safe. What was the deal with that anyway?"

"Just some weirdo trying to pick me up. The fucker was hanging around inside the highschool calling himself a 'professional magazine model photographer' or some poo poo, it's a wonder that nobody called the cops. loving skeezy rear end pedophiles. Anyway, let's head over to Slim Pete's."

Doesn't read like an actual social attack so I'm calling this a status effect/area complication spell by Nico against Jack.

!r 2d6+2 = 10
!r 2d6+4 = 14

Complication does not stick. Mark's hot to gtfo though.

Jack Tully – Veteran

"Oh poo poo. Nico we gotta bail!"

The fedora-wearing boy rolls up his windows and shouts at the girl in front of you, who looks over your shoulder at the oncoming school administrator and scoots into her seat in a hurry. Looks like Bonnie and Clyde aren't interested in sticking around for the shootout or explaining their marijuana on school grounds anyway. The girl shrugs and does some kind of thing with her hands (some kind of gang sign or insult?) as they speed off, and you memorize the plate number on the car anyway out of habit.

"Got a call about a girl kicking the door open and smoking in the parking lot, and I'm pretty sure I just saw my shitstain nephew drive off with her in a hurry. I smell marijuana."

The heavyset administrator sniffs the air and frowns while looking you up and down appraisingly.

"I know you. You're the guy that pushed that white trash Pete Stodelmeyer's poo poo in and beat up his little gang of girlfriends afterwards when they tried to youtube you right?"

He extends his hand toward you, his grip is like handling a bag of broken rocks but when you squeeze back his features shift upwards in what by some definitions would probably be a smile.

"Roger Karpessian. What do you want from my school?"

He's still got your hand and he's looking at you awfully closely. At a rough guess you'd probably say the man has a pretty good bullshit detector, no doubt honed over an almost daily contact with an endless stream of misbehaving or criminal teens. Probably best to stick close to the truth. As much of it as is believable anyway.

"Jack Tully. I'm looking for one of your students that I think might be caught up in something dangerous."

Roger thinks it over, looks at the gold Escalade making its hasty escape in the distance and grunts.

"Come to my office. We'll talk it over inside."

October 7, 12:00 PM

Jack Tully – Veteran

Karpessian's office is so stark and generically empty it might as well be a model from a set. With the exception of a larger sized and battered office chair to fit his heavy frame and a small shelf of wrestling trophies (All-State 1975, 1976, 1978) there's nothing in it to differentiate the room or catch the eye. He motions for you to take a seat and settles into the chair on the other side of his pristine desk.

"Alright so what's going on and what's it got to do with my school or my kids? Somebody trying to sell smack in here again? Because all the penny ante dealers have been laying low since that video of you stomping Pete's boys into the ground made the rounds. And why are you here instead of the police if it's something dangerous?"

Getting away from Victoria and over to the PHML offices was the easy part. All you had to do was travel 15 miles in as many minutes, ignoring stoplights, signs, and other meaningless distractions. Rusty was even completely cooperative, snoring away in what was no doubt a drunken stupor in the passenger seat of your BMW as you pull into your parking space in the underground garage and lock him in again. You make your way to the private executive elevator and smooth back your hair, checking your appearance in the elevator's glass walls, steeling yourself for the ordeal that lay ahead as you stride through the halls of the upper floor.

Now for the actual hard part.

"Father."

Surrounded by his assistants and an array of screens and waiting contracts from his raised desk his eyes flicker in your direction before returning to work. Minutes pass and he doesn't bother to acknowledge you or ask you in, but this is all old hat so you wait patiently and quietly with your mask firmly in place despite the long wait.

"Damien."

Daniel finishes signing off on a waiting contract and waves his assistants away dismissively, folding his hands together as he stares down the office at you with the full weight of his gaze. A lesser man would wither or stammer before the focus of his disapproval but you stare back without flinching.

Nicole Smith

Aside from a hair-raising, spincter-tightening moment where some fucker in a black BMW nearly runs you off the road it's a pretty easy drive to the trailer park on the edge of town. Well, the shittier trailer park where Slim Pete and his meth mouthed mom live anyway. Mark calms down considerably after the near miss experience after you split the rest of the spliff, talking himself up about how his uncle (the vice principal?) probably didn't get close enough to see that it was weed anyway.

Pulling into the shittier end of the shittier trailer park you lean out the window and look around. A casual inspection of the dirt driveway shows Slim Pete just about where you'd expect him, hanging around in a kiddie pool taunting a doberman chained six or seven feet away with a half eaten hotdog. He spots you and waves.

"Sup!"

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Jack Tully – Veteran

'Alright' thought Jack, 'This guy seems legitimate, but that don't mean poo poo when a crazy old guy is rattling off about time-travellers. Truth, with the exception of a few minor details, was what the situation called for. Karpessian looked like someone who would appreciate a military man's discipline and bearing so Jack took himself back a few decades, remembering some of the more boring debriefings from his career.

“The links are too tenuous to go to the police about at this point, but there's enough of them to get my instinct up. A blonde European woman came into town on a flight at around 7am, carrying nothing but a small travel case with her. Later that same day, the homeless shelter is hit by a fire and a woman of the same description is seen around the area, questioning people and apparently looking for someone during the evacuation.”

“A bit more digging leads me to that young woman you saw me confronting earlier; I tried to talk to her about the woman and you saw her reaction to my questions. What makes me think one of your kid's is in danger is that while trying to track her, I saw her talking to a student here.” Jack rattles off a brief description of the lad he saw before continuing “This is all pretty flimsy, but what has got me cottoned on is the fact that I've met someone else trying to investigate. A Damien Porter” 'Sorry Damien' “I met him at the homeless shelter asking similar questions.”

Hoping Karpessian had been briefed about the Highschools recent VIP guest, Jack moved onto his true purpose. “I'd like to try and speak to the boy if possible. Find out if it is all a coincidence or if there is something going on. If possible, I'd like it to be private though; no offense, but if this is something I don't know how much I'll be able to get with a teacher hovering over my shoulder; I'll give you a brief if there is anything to be worried about though. Whether you agree to that or not, here's my number” Jack hands over a small bit of note with his details scribbled across. “I have a feeling you're going to get a few more visitors. If you get any reports of strangers hanging around, especially blonde ones, I would appreciate it; it might be someone else involved with whatever this is. It might be smart to keep someone with an eye out on the nearby streets too; I know Myers husband at the base isn't up to much at the moment, so he might be able to lend an eye.”

Hoo boy. Trying to convince Karpessian about a possible danger; will this finally be the time Jack gets outed as a crazed paranoid-schizophrenic, ranting about time-travellers from Europe? I want to get a brief talk in with the kid and get my warning through without it being filtered by Miss Sassmouth. If I get Roger a bit more alert about threats and future avenues of investigation, all the better. +4 Army Veteran, both because I think he would appreciate a military man's forthrightness and because of the name-drop with the Principals husband. +2 Good Reputation because he's a fan of my work and +2 Powerful Connections again because of my namedrop. It's pretty drat -2 Impulsive of Jack to just start spilling this poo poo to the first guy vaguely interested, so that might apply as well.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Jack Tully – Veteran

"Hm. That's a seriously hard crock of poo poo to sell but I'll assume that some if not all of it is true. That said, you left out the part about how you figure into any of this or how you're connected to a blonde European woman at the airport, that girl just now, and why two kids talking ties the three of them together."

Taking the note he looked it over before setting it on the desk between them.

"And tell me again why you haven't gone to the police? Because this sounds like arson, child endangerment, probably drugs if my no account nephew is involved. It sounds like you've got something, enough that they'd at least bring your blonde in for questioning. You're not a cop or a reporter, so what's your angle?"

Puppies are dicks fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 6, 2014

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

"You know Victoria, I would be glad to take your advice. I want to know who your brightest and most troubled students are and if your counselors can help me with that then I think I might like to begin a secondary screening process. I'd love to discuss this with you later this week, but I have an urgent matter to attend to. I really do appreciate all the help you've been today and I look forward to what we can accomplish together." Damien says with a confident smile and firm handshake.

However all confidence fades as he exits that office as a sense of dread creeps in. This whole time travel business had been distracting, perhaps even a bit maddening. Had he neglected something? His actions maybe a bit uncouth, but matters at the office should be taken care of, signed for, processed, handled, and meticulously combed thru(in triplicate if need be).

pre:
Damien Space
'Those cocksuckers
on the board love
nothing more than a
needlessly large stack
of papers to add a 
modicum of purpose to 
their lives. That much
should be taken care of
so what does father want?'
Damien makes sure Rusty is secured in his vehicle and heads into the office.

"Elena, please forward my contact information to this e-mail." Damien says giving his receptionist Victoria's card.

"Also, I want you to find out everything you can about a Jack Tully. Tell no one else and come get me directly when you've pulled everything you can find. I don't care if that demon I call father is giving me the lashing of a life-time. The old prick can wait. THIS!" he says tapping his finger on her desk as if to signify importance, "...is important."

Then with nothing left to distract him, it was time for him to face the man who brought him into this world. He meets his father's cold stare with a crooked gaze of his own and marches towards him.

Shutting the glass door of his office as he steps inside. He knows not to sit unless he's been invited to do so, so he looks his father in the eyes and firmly says, "You wanted to see me?"

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

October 7, 12:00 PM

Jack Tully – Veteran

“I'm only in this because of 'right time, right place' bullshit. If I hadn’t been chatting to Faroud for 10 minutes at the airport, I wouldn't even know about the woman. Now though, there's a good chance she's burnt down a homeless shelter, as well as being a possible danger to a load of people. If she's willing to burn down the shelter, what else is she willing to do? I don't know, but I want to try and stop her before the Police do have to get involved. George and the authorities already believe the fire was an accident; someone smoking and not disposing of it right. PAnd since no one has been placed in any actual danger yet, the only avenue is the drugs which only focuses on your nephew and his beau.”

Jack stops for a minute, deep in thought. It's not like the place hasn't been compromised. And he would come across as crazy as I sound if he started spouting this bullshit to anyone else. But spilling all this to an unknown, no matter how legitimate they seem... Eh, gently caress it

“But all that's more bull, a bit of verbal trickery meant to skate your attention away from the main issue. Your most pertinent question is also the most important; how is everyone tied together? Well I can't answer, yet. If all goes well and I get first dibs, I'll show you how everything is connected when the hour turns 12. Write a word, something long and esoteric so I could never guess. Keep it with you and don't show me until I tell you to. There's always a bit of a race and we need to be quick if I'm going to go first. If I don't get it, we'll have to wait until the next hour.” Jack grins sardonically at Karpessian's ever darkening scowl. "In the mean time, I would appreciate it if I got to speak with the kid until then. You can listen in if you want since I'm telling you anyway. You'll be a bit confused until 12 roll's around, but it'll let me do what I wanted to do in the first place. I promise you now, I mean no harm to you or the kids. I'm only trying to help.”

Calling dibs for first time travel of the hour. When it comes anyway. The idea is, get Roger to show me the word, go back in time and tell him what the word was before I even ask to see it. Thus proving time-travel. Haven’t got much else to do until I talk to the kid anyway, so I can afford to wait if we've got a while until 12:00. I suppose the same qualities as last time, if I need to keep Karpessian entertained until the hour passes. Though -2 Impulsive definitely, definitely counts now. If 12:00 isn't for a while but Roger is willing, I'll talk to the kid some. I also think this is more in line with what you meant by short burst, but there's not much for back and forth. If this is something that should still be in the thread, I guess I'll just stick to that in future.

Karpessian's jaw set in an angry and grim line, but he pulled a pen from his desk and covered a sheet of paper with one heavy hand as he scribbled and waited for Jack's cue.

"Some kind of magic trick? Because I don't see how that would prove anything..."

Looking to the clock on the wall Jack counts the seconds and nods towards the other man to reveal the required word.

Polypeptidepseudolexography.

:siren:Time has been changed, time has been forcibly reversed by three seconds:siren:

October 7, 12:00 PM, T-3 Seconds

Pain, terror. Time has shifted, pushed backwards by 3 seconds. The perpetrator is located in the high school on the far outskirts of the north side of town.

Time is now locked until the end of the Scene/Hour!

Jack Tully – Veteran

"...see how that would prove anything-"

"Polypeptidepseudolexography"

Roger looked down at the paper before him and up at Jack in surprise and half turned before catching himself. He narrowed his eyes, the surprise and confusion in his voice belying the disbelief of his words.

"It's some kind of trick. There's a reflection, or you counted the strokes."

“Call it whatever you want, but that magic trick is the root of everything. I can do It, the girl can, the kid she was talking too in the hallway can and if all my investigation was right, so can the blonde woman.”

“It's why I'm here. Others with the ability can sense It's use and the Highschool has had at least 3 or 4 uses already. That wouldn't be so bad, except there’s good evidence to suggest that if you have the ability and kill someone else who has, you gain their power. Everyone else I know about is an adult with a few options in defending themselves, but the kid though? He's stuck coming to a hotspot that everyone else in the town can sense; he's walking in and out of the perfect ambush every school day. I need a way to contact him, not only to warn him about the Blonde but also about any other threats that I come across. If there's anything extra we can do about his protection, mores the better at this point. There are plenty of home-grown killers on top of the Blonde who are looking for an easy target, I'm sure.”

“He should know I'm here at any rate, so we won't have long to wait. Now, are you going to help, or have you just made me possibly endanger the kid even more for no reason?”

Rising from his seat Karpessian checks the area behind him one last time, confirming that there are no reflective surfaces, spycams, or other hidden tricks before sitting back down and frowning at Jack and the word staring back up at him from his desk.

"I think I know the kid you're looking for. His name's Jack McPherson, pretty quiet kid, some problems with being bullied, C student if he's lucky. I've had a few reports about him already today in fact, run-ins with teachers and disruptive behavior in class. You seriously think someone's going to take a shot at him? This thing... it's serious enough that somebody'd kill for it?"

You cooly turn your eyes upwards and ask your father why he called you here and instead bite down painfully on the inside of your cheek as your action and time are forcibly reversed! It hurts worse than any of the other times, possibly just as bad or maybe even worse than the first. Someone at the school, just up from the principal's office is where it happened. Whoever the time traveler was they must have been close. For a moment panic wars with the pain as you consider the prospect of someone following your tracks to the highschool.

"Damien?"

From his seat your father eyes you quizically, one of his secretaries already making their way around the desk towards you concern on her face.

Nicole Smith

"ASSRAPER!"

The rolling wave of pain and discomfort hits you just as you roll up beside Slim's trailer and just as quickly roll back. It's that shitfucking highschool again! Does anybody NOT stick a dick in Time's eye every hour, on the hour or what? Those loving kids were dicking around with time somewhere in the goddamn building. The first floor someplace, to the left of where you went in.

Slim Pete looks at you in some surprise with his non-hotdog hand mid-wave, having heard your shouted curse through the open window. He reaches down into the water of the kiddie pool to grab something as he raises his voice and asks,

"We got a problem?"

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

As soon as the words he had intended to say begin to escape his mouth, time is peeled back and he is biting his cheek instead. He staggers forward disoriented as his head pounds, the neurons and synapses firing in his brain firing wildly as the overlap occurs.

He grits his teeth and trembles, barely making it to the chair opposite his father. He firmly grips the back of it and struggles to dismiss his secretary who approaches in concern.

pre:
Damien Space
What is this wretch
going to possibly do
to alleviate this.

Imbecile.
"I- I- I'm alright. I just need a moment." Damien hardly manages before he concentrates on his breathing.

His nerves wracked from contemplating the possibility of being followed or toyed with, he struggles to re-secure the wit necessary to deal with his father.

"I'll have Elena set a doctor's appointment. I'll be fine. To what do I owe the pleasure, father?"

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Jack Tully – Veteran

“I can only do a few seconds, but I know there is someone out there who can do a half hour. As far as I know that's the Blonde and the only way to get better at “It” is to take the ability from someone else; killing them. They have definitely killed more then once for there skill and now they're here, with a load of easy pickings fresh for taking. Let's not risk lives on maybes and possibles; safety is our top priority here.”

Sorry for the delay. It's been a busy few days.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Nico Smith

"Nah man, everything's cool. Thought a loving wasp landed on me, that's all." Nico hoped she sounded reassuring - between the vestige of her hangover and the time fuckery going down at the High School, she wasn't feeling all that great. Her assraper exclamation had been an earnest one.

Walking over to the decidedly relaxed dealer, Nico considered asking if he had any beers but decided against it. She didn't want to risk having to get it herself, potentially risking an interaction with his crazymethbitch mom. Of course, being out here meant the Doberman was gonna be, like... within scary distance. Chained up or not, big dogs were a definitive harsher of Nico's mellows.

"Yo man, was wondering if you had a quarter of nug? Don't got work till this evening and I ran outta poo poo after the party at my place yesterday - if you got some, that'd make this day a whole hell of a lot less boring." Speaking of, she hadn't introduced Pete and Mark yet. "Oh yeah, Pete... this is Mark." She kinda nodded her head towards where she guessed he was. "Mark, Pete."

The Doberman ignored the hot-dog for a second, opting to bark and snap its jaws at her instead. Startled, she lept back, letting loose a couple hurried fucks in the process.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

October 7, 12:00 PM, T-3 Seconds+

"I was going to discuss the particulars of the account you're supposedly working on, the multibillion dollar one? But it's clear that whatever you've got going on is more important." Speaking succinctly and carefully, Daniel's face shows none of cold scorn of his words as he returns to the waiting documents and screens in front of him.

"You're on medical leave until further notice. Don't come back until you've got a clean bill of health from a reputable physician. I'm sure Kurt can pick up your unwanted slack."

He doesn't even bother looking up as he resumes working although he nods to an assistant who presses a button, opening the doors to a pair of PHML's security staff who bracket you on either side.

"Security will see you downstairs to the garage in case you have another incident."

Rage. There's no room for shame or embarassment where you're at right now so much as an all consuming and bitter rage. That bastard! As if letting Kurt Letton swoop in at the last second to take credit (and a hefty commission) for your months of hard work wasn't bad enough, the absolute gall of the man to have you escorted out of the building like some sort of convict is just-

Jack Tully – Veteran

"poo poo no it's not safe here. You're sure about this killing thing? No hard evidence though?"

Karpessian runs his hand through thinning hair, suddenly at a loss for what to do next or how to respond responsibly. After a moment he regains his composure and picks up his phone. "Nancy? Look up a freshman by the name of Jack McPherson, escort him down here for me please? I just got word about a personal issue of his we might need to have a parent-teacher conference on."

Hanging up the phone he stopped to flip the blinds behind him and check the parking lot before continuing.

"Doesn't sound like any bystanders have been hurt yet but I'm not taking that chance. Here's what we're going to do, we're going to get the kid down here, you pitch your spiel, and then we're going to call the cops to put him protective custody. We'll tell them there's some deaththreats making the rounds, some sort of school shooting or drug thing, bring his dad into the loop too. I'm going to call the officer assigned to us as soon as we're done here. You got anything to add?"

Nico Smith

"Depends, you gonna settle up for the last eighth I floated you?"

poo poo, you'd forgotten about that (or hoped that Pete had anyway). Slim Pete's a pretty chill dude under most circumstances but he's mean as gently caress when it comes to money. You'd even joked about it last night with Jen actually, about how Slim Pete's basically Honey Boo Boo except when he's pretending to be Tony Montana. It'd be funny haha funny except for the part where his hillbilly wrecking crew breaks into your house to gently caress you up like they did to that high school kid back in September.

"I was gonna take it out of Eric's tab like you said but he called like an hour ago and left me a bitchass long voicemail about how you're never going to get anything from him ever again and you're a poisonous psychopath klepto who dicks around with peoples' lives like it was nothing." Pete shoves the remainder of the hotdog in his mouth and brings his other hand up out of the water to scratch himself. "You got his laptop? It sounded like it was a pretty good one, all new and poo poo with graphics cards and Windows 78."

One object of its attention gone, the Doberman turned to the remainder as it settled at the edge of its chain and growled at you lowly.

"You're Slim Pete? Man I've seen your video. Pretty heavy poo poo huh?"

Pete's mood visibly darkens. Ugh, loving Mark. The shaky cellphone clip of Pete and his guys getting their asses kicked in had made the rounds on the internet a few months back but any idiot would have been able to tell that he was still pretty butthurt about the whole thing. Any idiot but Mark.

"Who'd have figured an old guy like that could pack so much asskicking? loving geezers man, we were just up at the highschool and one of them gave us the stinkeye."

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Jack Tully – Veteran

“I think that’s a good second option, but there's a bit more you need to know before going off. What I did was go backwards; I saw what you wrote, went back a few seconds and said it back before you showed me. There are others who can go forward though, with the added bonus that they can go forward in a way of their choosing; what I mean is if I could go forward, I could travel to a future where you had written down a word of my choosing and told you that. It works with anything physically possible. You wouldn't be able to go 3 seconds forward to a future where your teleported to Japan. But you could be made to cross a room, to throw a punch, to fall down a flight of stairs... The name of the game is information denial. Our blonde has a good 6 hours to play around with”

Jack let's that sink in for a minute before continuing. “There's a helluva lot you can set up if you can make a quarter of the day your bitch. The less she knows, the less she can work with and getting the police in here with all this travelling activity...” Exasperated, Jack interrupts himself with a sigh. 'It's god drat time travel. Call it like it is'

“With all this time travel going on to deal with a specific student? And then suddenly all the time travelling stops? We need him out and we need it not to raise any attention. At that point, all we need is for him not to time travel for a fortnight or so, and there's no way for him to be traced. Oh, as for proof of killing? It won't do any good in a court but I and everyone else can only go about 3 seconds in either direction. I'm not an expert, but I think you'd need quite the body count to go from seconds to hours.”

Would have had it up sooner, but I needed to remind myself on how the time-travel works. Let's get this back on schedule

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Nicole Smith

Oh that stupid fucker. Goddamn Mark was a walking liability. Nico didn't even bother giving him a look, she just sighed and took a step diagonally away from the dog and towards Pete.

"Uh yeah, about that..." Nico started, starting the familiar verbal dance that everyone who has ever been owed money has heard. Sending up a hand to adjust her hair (to make it messier, of course), Nico paused for a second and stared at Pete and waited for visual confirmation he was about to get pissed off before continuing.

"Totally got enough to cover last time and this time at my house, just didn't think I'd need to bring it with me. Kinda thought we were, you know, loving chill, man, but whatever." She tried to sound offended, and actually was a little bit. Dealers were supposed to give preferential treatment to chill customers and to hot chicks, and she was both. "Guess Mark and I will schlep across town, grab it, drive back here, and then drive back there or some poo poo. Super fun."

-----------------------

Nico anticipates him being worried that he offended her and insistent that she can just pay him back within the next couple days. Playing delusional characters is fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

October 7, 12:00 PM, T-3 Seconds++

Nicole Smith

"Yeah I guess you will."

Slim Pete scowled at Nico as she tousled her hair, not coming up with any of the feigned shock/surprise or the apology she was angling for. She stared back at him expectantly, waiting for the punchline of the joke but he continued to scowl back.

"Well?"

Pete made an irritated motion with his hands. loving Mark must have really pissed the guy off. Nico made an effort to defuse the situation by making a "what are you gonna do" face back, but Pete just stared at her in silence.

Went ahead and rolled off, looks like he's not buying it.

Jack Tully – Veteran

"That's pretty... I'd say insane but I'll have to take your word for it."

Karpessian sat back in his chair, quietly processing the enormous amount of unbelievable information that had just been dumped in his lap. The two men sat in silence until there was a knock at the door. "Come in." Jack MacPherson entered the room, head down and shoulders hunched. The boy was lanky and awkward with a ridiculous looking spike of hair drawing attention away from his tattered jeans and secondhand shoes.

"M-m-m-mr. Karpessian?"

"Have a seat Jack. Mr. Tully and I have something to talk to you about." Roger pointed towards the unoccupied chair and the boy eased himself into it somewhat nervously as he stared at Jack, Karpessian, his feet, the wall, and his feet again.

"Are you a time traveler?"

Karpessian spoke and the boy panicked, halfway rising from his seat.

"I-I-I-I I'm not, uh. I-I don't. I didn't do anything! I swear!"

• Locked thread