Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy

kalonZombie posted:

Nooo, not AUDIO. You hosed up EDITING. That's audio AND video.

And people say my threads are goldmines of technical fuckups. :allears:

That other time was a mystery of the universe, ain't pinning that on me. All my uploaded videos, that I made public were fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013
Kalon's Luddite particles are spreading :v:

Mr Confetti fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 30, 2014

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

The Heavenator posted:

Anthology of Failure Vol. 1 : Jack and Daxter's Pro Skater

The total running time of the raw footage for this video is 2 hour and 49 minutes. That does not include the time I spent in the practice run figuring out the best way to do this. If you include that the total time I spent playing the Jetboard Challenge is over 4 hours.

Brilliant :golfclap:

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Episode 7: *Ape Eats Green Beans* Cut | Uncut

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

I'm busy, and I'm having fun.
From what I remember, Naughty Dog made the game widescreen by cropping the top and bottom of the 4:3 frame. They usually framed everything to work in 16:9 but every now and then it gets a little wonky, especially in more vertical levels; I'm pretty sure you're supposed to be able to see those falling boulders coming from further away, making it a little easier. I remember one mission near the end of the game where it's just a mess, though.

Level 1 Thief fucked around with this message at 11:11 on May 1, 2014

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The voice actor for Baron Praxis really hams up his role in all the best ways. :allears:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I used to set a couple of pieces of pizza in the fridge and then eat them cold for lunch the next day.

The geometry puzzle is pretty cool.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

SirSamVimes posted:

The voice actor for Baron Praxis really hams up his role in all the best ways. :allears:

He's easily my favorite character.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Naughty Dog has been really good at getting actors to do their things and expressing it with highly expressive characters. They hit the ground running with Jak II and never looked back since.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Yeah that leap of faith was also a sequence break, you're not supposed to go over there until roughly around the same time that you're supposed to get the orbs behind the tree.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

SirSamVimes posted:

The venerated Clancy Brown, everyone!

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Oh wow I didn't realize that the crunching was that loud. I'd like to formally apologize for that.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Oh wow I didn't realize that the crunching was that loud. I'd like to formally apologize for that.

*chomp**chomp**chew**crunch*

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

You're like the Daxter of commentary.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

You're like the Daxter of commentary.
Does that mean kalon has a soulpatch?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Nihilarian posted:

Does that mean kalon has a soulpatch?

I dunno, but I wish he'd go back to being silent!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

All for One is the equivalent of Dark Eco injections.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Okay, so turns out the last recording I did the capture device broke. So no video this week. To make matters worse I have no saves prior to the record so I'm going to have to redo everything up to now. Since misery loves company, I'll be streaming me replaying through everything sometime this weekend. :getin:

e: For the record I'm blaming Kalon for infecting me with his luddite particles.

The Heavenator fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 6, 2014

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Shugojin posted:

I dunno, but I wish he'd go back to being silent!

But then you won't get to make fun of me for mistaking two very different types of singers who names both begin with "Gary".

FactsAreUseless posted:

All for One is the equivalent of Dark Eco injections.

I'd say more like the Sharkigator.

The Heavenator posted:

e: For the record I'm blaming Kalon for infecting me with his luddite particles.

Not my fault you didn't do what I do and always keep a separate save file from times before you begin recording. MAYBE NOW YOU loving LEARNED YOUR LESSON.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Where does the Baron recharge in that last part of the boss fight? It looked like the only place was up the roof and around a corner, but I didn't see him actually do it.

Bricoleur
Feb 1, 2012

I don't think he needs to recharge with the fire tornadoes. Maybe it's different because before he was using guns?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Oh snap, didn't notice this thead. I loved this game as a kid, mostly because my Mum wouldn't let me play GTA games and this seemed like GTA with hover cars. I don't think I actually got very far though, interested to see where the super serious grimdark story ended up!

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

In the third stage of the fight he doesn't recharge at all. I didn't mention this in the video but in the earlier stages he is using a shield to reduce damage in the first two stages, which is why the first shot did so much damage, it lands before the shields are on.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What does the thread title refer to exactly?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DOOP posted:

What does the thread title refer to exactly?
Daxter missing pants from when he was a human, the punchline of this joke ends up in the ending for Jak 3

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

He gets around to saying that he misses pants somewhere in this game though.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's at the end of the mission where you retrieve the key to the city from Mar's statue.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

achillesforever6 posted:

Daxter missing pants from when he was a human, the punchline of this joke ends up in the ending for Jak 3

OK

pants are overrated, sorry Daxter :colbert:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

DOOP posted:

OK

pants are overrated, sorry Daxter :colbert:

we'll know next gen is finally here when all characters are wearing realistically moving skirts

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Okay things happened and I didn't stream last weekend. I will be streaming the game from the first mission to the point the where the is thread tonight, at around 7 EST, (a little more than 2 hours from now), come watch since misery loves company. Also if you want you can drop in and chat, skype me up at skype name: burnin8.

http://www.twitch.tv/theheavenator

The Heavenator fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 13, 2014

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Episode 8: Inside Jokes.mp4 Cut | Uncut

Sorry about the lengthy delay on this one. Hopefully shouldn't happen again, and the next episode is already edited and in the pipe for Wednesday.

The Heavenator fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 23, 2014

gucci mangosteen
Feb 26, 2007
There was a Jak 4 actually! It was called The Lost Frontier and was pretty fun despite not being made by Naughty Dog.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

gucci mangosteen posted:

There was a Jak 4 actually! It was called The Lost Frontier and was pretty fun despite not being made by Naughty Dog.

No. I've not heard good things and it makes my PSP crash during the first mission every time. So gently caress that game. Just like how Size Matters doesn't count as a Ratchet game.

gucci mangosteen
Feb 26, 2007

The Heavenator posted:

No. I've not heard good things and it makes my PSP crash during the first mission every time. So gently caress that game. Just like how Size Matters doesn't count as a Ratchet game.

Oh wow, I never even realized it was a PSP game originally. I played it on the PS2 where I assume it runs and controls a little better.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Heavenator posted:

It's not that good, even on the PS2. The Jak series' biggest advantage is that the controls are really fluid. Lost Frontier feels really stiff and unresponsive.

Also it introduces a Dark Daxter mechanic that is possibly the stupidest thing in the world, and associated with a really unfun minigame.

Bacchante
May 2, 2012

Friends don't let friends do sarcasm.
Ah, it's great to see you keeping up the tradition of constantly ramming into the 'Krimzon' Guard. Does that name make anyone else think of My Immortal? Wiv xtreme kool letterz!

As for the agents, maybe the Guard think that they're hostages so that's why they let them go?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

"No one's watching this anyway"

I am.
*stares*

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Why did Daxter have to reveal the Baron's plans to betrayed the Metal Heads? It was barely relevant to why the city was on high alert and the Metal Head leader is smart enough to try to keep close tabs on his enemies as much as possible.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 23, 2014

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Gosh, they time-travelled, but Samos looks younger and doesn't recognize them. That's not even a twist, is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Chimera-gui posted:

Why did Daxter have to reveal the Baron's plans to betrayed the Metal Heads? It was barely relevant to why the city was on high alert and the Metal Head leader is smart enough to try to keep close tabs on his enemies as much as possible.

Because Daxter always wants to be the guy who told you something. If you told him something was a secret, you would be sure that everyone he knows would know it as soon as ottselly possible.

• Locked thread