Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

THS posted:

all cable news is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Fox News: Evil/Dumb

CNN/MSNBC: Retarded

there you go

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ethanol posted:

excuse me i get all of my news from gbs

old gbs was actually pretty dece for some news but it was also filled with paragraphs of dumbshits arguing and trying to argue gun control in a thread about a beauty pageant or something

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

babypolis posted:

everybody knows that ppl like to read things that validate their beliefs but no other news networks actively pollutes political discourse by spreading a bunch of misinformation the way fox does

there is also misinformation via omission. the choice of not covering things that would make your favored party look bad is just as hosed up

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
castros dream team

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

fox news killed universal healthcare even though most americans support it

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Fog Tripper posted:

there is also misinformation via omission.

thats not what misinformation means you dumbfuck

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
As a Brit I just want to say: holy poo poo, that episode of South Park where Cartman becomes the morning announcer was based on actual things that happened at Fox News. I thought that ep was just ludicrous OTT jokes.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

babypolis posted:

fox news killed universal healthcare even though most americans support it

that's because realistically america would be a lot better off if everyone involved with fox news was killed

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

75% of fox viewers think death panels are real compared to 30% in other stations lol

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

babypolis posted:

thats not what misinformation means you dumbfuck

wow are you stupid

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Listen kids all TV news is bad for you but Doing The Fox is like injecting heroin into your eyeballs vs. the gentle 4Loko beer bong of other TV news

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i like when fox news reporters do something stupid and cnn puts it on their front page headlines

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Fog Tripper posted:

wow are you stupid

omission of information leads to people not being well informed

blatant lies is misinformation

not the same thing but your stupid head seems great at making false equivalencies

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Fog Tripper posted:

liberal "news" cable channels outweigh conservative. "middle" would still weigh towards liberalism
interesting, it's as though the media is so predominantly conservative that even moderate channels are considered "liberal" by low-information voters

but that's just silly

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Hazo posted:

interesting, it's as though the media is so predominantly conservative that even moderate channels are considered "liberal" by low-information voters

but that's just silly

Lol p sure fogtripper just has a boner for being a contrarian and has no actual personality or opinions of his own

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

skeptics.org

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Didn't Foghat wander into the last foxnews-themed thread and start with the "LIBERAL MEDIA" stuff there as well

Hey man just because a channel is more liberal than Fox News doesn't mean it's not conservative, hth

molten iron is also probably cooler than the surface of the sun

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Luvcow posted:

Lol p sure fogtripper just has a boner for being a contrarian and has no actual personality or opinions of his own

by the sharpton thing he's either for real or spends a fair amount of time studying yahoo news comments

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

liberal media empire cnn: wolf blitzer a literal dunce, and don lemon conspiracy peddler extraordinair

msnbc barn yard: rick perry glasses guy with round head, and Rachel Maddow pretending obama takes her advice kek

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

fog tripper is a 50 year old conservative, hes completely for reals

pls dont insult a retarded man by implying hes smarter than he actually is

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I gotta admit that Fox news is pretty great for staying abreast of what old and/or stupid people are thinkin' about, though

very high success rate in that regard

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Monkey Fracas posted:

I gotta admit that Fox news is pretty great for staying abreast of what old and/or stupid people are thinkin' about, though

very high success rate in that regard

the best bit about fox news is the commercials make it really obvious that they're pandering to old people who don't know any better. it's medicare and cash4gold ads 24/7

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

babypolis posted:

fog tripper is a 50 year old conservative, hes completely for reals

pls dont insult a retarded man by implying hes smarter than he actually is

i figured he was at least that old but i didnt want to be mean

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Robo Reagan posted:

the best bit about fox news is the commercials make it really obvious that they're pandering to old people who don't know any better. it's medicare and cash4gold ads 24/7

yep. don't forget emergency survival basement kit just incase those NIGG- zombies come in the apocalypse. you can really tell a lot by the ads. just like a lot of latenight ads cater to fat removal, depression drugs, lovely white trash exercise equipment, other cholesterol/heart drugs. the audience is basically hosed up depressed fat aging (but not too old) unemployed people.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
this vile looking cocksucker is always on whenever i flip over to :foxnews:, i'm guessing he needs to suck the blood out of at least five gentile newborns a day minimum to remain functional enough to go on air

:drac: :redhammer: :evil:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Wayside Bazaar posted:

this vile looking cocksucker is always on whenever i flip over to :foxnews:, i'm guessing he needs to suck the blood out of at least five gentile newborns a day minimum to remain functional enough to go on air

he also is the voice of the Joseph A Bank Commercials.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Wayside Bazaar posted:

"numbers and figures don't impress me"

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Luvcow posted:

You are completely correct in your analysis.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Fog Tripper posted:

You are completely correct in your analysis.

I'm the same

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

"shitlord"

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Monkey Fracas posted:

Didn't Foghat wander into the last foxnews-themed thread and start with the "LIBERAL MEDIA" stuff there as well

As consistant as the slew of lol :foxnews: SA posters circlejerking in the threads. Should I be more flakey perhaps?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

babypolis posted:

75% of fox viewers think death panels are real compared to 30% in other stations lol

95% of GBS posters would jump at the chance to be on a death panel, though.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Fog Tripper posted:

As consistant as the slew of lol :foxnews: SA posters circlejerking in the threads. Should I be more flakey perhaps?

fox news is one those things ppl should be allowed to mock with impunity cuz theres nothing reedemable about it and its accelerating the destruction of your already doomed country

its the same principle as india threads

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
They are watching. Better behave.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Wayside Bazaar posted:

Krauthammer is a real awesome name though

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

babypolis posted:

fox news is one those things ppl should be allowed to mock with impunity cuz theres nothing reedemable about it and its accelerating the destruction of your already doomed country

its the same principle as india threads

Well, your country is worse and consists of pedos and rapists.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

An actual Fox News viewer ITT

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

redshirt posted:

OK this is odd. Accusing someone of being an actual viewer. Is that to say everyone criticizing fox have not viewed fox news and are just parroting like the average bad poster?
Would explain a lot.

:)

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jun 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

redshirt posted:

who

• Locked thread