Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

The first few were fun space adventure movies but then... Well you know the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Some very... Special people... Took it very seriously

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
Atleast kotor 2 saved all of star wars before that dumb loving shitfucker george lucas lifted that poo poo from the canon

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
tattoos are gay and dumb. lol why whats the point of that dumb gay poo poo.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I wanna drive a star destroyer. But not one of the tiny ones, one of the big black ones.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

PostNouveau posted:

I wanna drive a star destroyer. But not one of the tiny ones, one of the big black ones.

An imperial class?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

An imperial class?

Is that the big one that crashes into the Death Star? That thing owned, other than whatever design flaw that made it crash when it gets his by a small fighter.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

PostNouveau posted:

Is that the big one that crashes into the Death Star? That thing owned, other than whatever design flaw that made it crash when it gets his by a small fighter.

Yep. I know more about star wars than I want to admit

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
When I was a kid I thought Star Destroyer meant that it was a ship that destroyed stars. Never mind that it never happened on screen, dammit!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Gutcruncher posted:

When I was a kid I thought Star Destroyer meant that it was a ship that destroyed stars. Never mind that it never happened on screen, dammit!

if they fired all their weapons at once it would destroy a star.

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

I know more about star wars than I want to admit

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

if they fired all their weapons at once it would destroy a star.

Eh? Why would they even need the Death Star then?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

PostNouveau posted:

Because the empire was not full of smart people

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

To destroy planets.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

it seems we have this loving thread every week

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

AndyElusive posted:

To destroy planets.

Turning off a sun seems like a pretty good way to do that, but I guess I just don't understand the finer points of running a space empire.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

Yep. I know more about star wars than I want to admit

And it's a testament to my own lameness that I feel the urge to correct you. The one that crashed into the second deathstar was 19 kilometers in length executor class super star destroy, not a 1 kilometer long Imperial class star destroyer.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

ikanreed posted:

And it's a testament to my own lameness that I feel the urge to correct you. The one that crashed into the second deathstar was 19 kilometers in length executor class super star destroy, not a 1 kilometer long Imperial class star destroyer.

is your name Mary? cause you must be a virgin

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ikanreed posted:

Yeah, I definitely want to drive the 19 km one. I imagine it's controlled by a big wooden wheel.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

What's that in American distance?

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

redshirt posted:

RIP CineD Star Wars thread. You burned too brightly.

lol i killed the star wars thread with my seriousposting

i finally accomplished something on this dumb gay website

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

Benedick Cuckold posted:

star wars is basically just a ripoff of a kurosawa film using a generic hero's journey template with meaningless buddhist and taoist philosophical mumblings grafted onto it

they should have tried something more original, like maybe starting off with a hero's journey template but then completely subverting it partway through the trilogy. and it would have been a breath of fresh air for a mainstream film series to unabashedly make use of christian themes and imagery instead of just cribbing poo poo from *~the mysterious orient~*

Yeah Kurusawa was a true original.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

redshirt posted:

I'm still not sure to this day how the Emperor thought he could "turn" Luke to the Dark Side, unless he has some kind of Hypno Power or mind control, which in my head canon, he does.

He did turn him to the dark side though, albeit momentarily.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Benedick Cuckold posted:

lol i killed the star wars thread with my seriousposting

i finally accomplished something on this dumb gay website

Congratulations! Though I fear for SMG and Hbomberguy now - where will they post?

Juche Fucktodd
Nov 2, 2012

to change the forums
lmao at the star wars thread in cinema discussion getting closed

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

redshirt posted:

Congratulations! Though I fear for SMG and Hbomberguy now - where will they post?

SMG can crash on my posting couch any time he wants. but Hbomberguy and i are now mortal enemies and he can go post in hell for all i care

Juche Fucktodd
Nov 2, 2012

to change the forums

redshirt posted:

smg will continue to make every thread in that subforum shittier

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
You can determine a nerd's age by asking them whether Star Wars was ruined by The Prequels, The Special Editions, or Return of the Jedi.

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

nice to hear my gbs homies throwin bows in those massengill rear end subforums

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Juche Fucktodd posted:

I don't see many movies when they're still in theaters but some time ago I saw "Her" and thought it was a really great movie, oh,look here's a thread on it in CineD and welp, schizoidal film analysis crew already writing dumb poo poo about it.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Benedick Cuckold posted:

han solo basically sexually assaults princess leia and it's supposed to be "romantic"

what

Juche Fucktodd
Nov 2, 2012

to change the forums

exquisite tea posted:

I don't see many movies when they're still in theaters but some time ago I saw "Her" and thought it was a really great movie, oh,look here's a thread on it in CineD and welp, schizoidal film analysis crew already writing dumb poo poo about it.

they are retarded and bad posters

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The only way to win this game is not to play

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Juche Fucktodd posted:

You mean better?

There's a simple joy in reading paragraphs of dense, marxist critique of Transformers.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

PostNouveau posted:

The only way to win this game is not to play

gonna have to agree with this guy right here

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

is SMG the guy who argued that every bad and stupid thing in the prequels was intentional and actually good and clever?

In Zero We Trust
Jul 14, 2011
(in jar-jar voice) me so hornyyyyyy...sucky sucky five dolla

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Randarkman posted:

is SMG the guy who argued that every bad and stupid thing in the prequels was intentional and actually good and clever?

yes and it makes people very angry and frustrated, which is cool

Juche Fucktodd
Nov 2, 2012

to change the forums

Randarkman posted:

that and he is the retard with the gimmick that over analyzes every movie

goons in cinema discussion take him seriously and it makes every thread there unreadable

Juche Fucktodd
Nov 2, 2012

to change the forums
he also killed my father

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Juche Fucktodd posted:

he also killed my father

No...

Zizek is your father!