Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Chris Awful posted:

I propose we write letters to convicted honor killers shaming them for their actions and telling them how there was no honor in their cowardly acts.

This is a good idea do one for me too sign it barack obama thankyou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

That sounded ruder than I meant it. What I mean is if their schools taught things besides memorizing things to score well on a standardized test, I would be out of a job, because there are like 15 million more of them and they will work for less.

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
As if the chinamen and their vulcan like calculations weren't enough - soon they'll learn how to feel - how to think - and then my friends we are all at the reckoning of the white race

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

TheIllestVillain posted:

wog to brits just means greasy foreigner, hence "the wogs begin at Calais"

wog is australian for any kind of mediterranean person, european or asian

I did a bit more googlin.

Looks like the origins of Wog is kind of unknown, but its, at least the the britsh empire, a racial epithet to indians/brown people who are not chinese.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Wendigee posted:

That sounded ruder than I meant it. What I mean is if their schools taught things besides memorizing things to score well on a standardized test, I would be out of a job, because there are like 15 million more of them and they will work for less.

frankly, if the heathen chinaman knew how to use the tongue, i too would be out of my job

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Griff Lee posted:

As if the chinamen and their vulcan like calculations weren't enough - soon they'll learn how to feel - how to think - and then my friends we are all at the reckoning of the white race

They can take my job, but they will never take my assault rifle :guysmoking cigar with cowboy hat no idea what its called:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Move all the trailer parks from America into the middle east. Watch as culture grows and expands like you've never seen it before.

Billions shall overdose on culture. There will be culture coming out of your eyes.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Why is it that when fundamentalist Christians murder their family members for being gay or having pre-marital sex or renouncing their faith it's just "homocide", but when fundamentalist Muslims murder their family members for being gay or having pre-marital sex or renouncing their faith it's "honor killing"

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
What is your job

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

whelp I gotta be up at 6 am tomorrow to play 18 holes with some guys from work.

Enjoy your lovely desert you camel jockey fucks.

*drops mic*

*BWARGCLANGBOP*

(Electrical Engineer)

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Why is it that when fundamentalist Christians murder their family members for being gay or having pre-marital sex or renouncing their faith it's just "homocide", but when fundamentalist Muslims murder their family members for being gay or having pre-marital sex or renouncing their faith it's "honor killing"

Cuz muzzies are loving scary

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Wendigee posted:

whelp I gotta be up at 6 am tomorrow to play 18 holes with some guys from work.

Enjoy your lovely desert you camel jockey fucks.

*drops mic*

*BWARGCLANGBOP*

(Electrical Engineer)

stem fielder, ppl

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

...of SCIENCE! posted:

yeah and the media just always covers it up when this happens

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
not lol it never happens

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

We all need to stop killing, friends.

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011

redshirt posted:

We all need to stop killing, friends.

Some people deserve to die (or need to for the overall benefit of mankind) so making blanket statements doesn't help anyone

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Griff Lee posted:

Some people deserve to die (or need to for the overall benefit of mankind) so making blanket statements doesn't help anyone

uh, ease back a little on the self-loathing there

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Griff Lee posted:

nah

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

haha yeah find me one loving case in recent years of the former happening

say what you will about fundie christianity at least they don't have a whole bagfull of caveats over when it's actually pretty okay to kill

i mean granted, brown skin is a pretty major one, but it makes good sense why

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I would nuke that city forever.

Every turn.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
natural selection is cool, and good

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

The Protagonist posted:

haha yeah find me one loving case in recent years of the former happening

-posts entirety of GBS 1.0-

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

did they end up adding actual mechanics to religion in civ5 beyond "uh yeah isabella will probably DoW you now"

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

yea

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL

... makes u think ....

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
the one on the left could wear whatever and not have acid thrown on her face, makes u think...

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Wendigee posted:

I did a bit more googlin.

Looks like the origins of Wog is kind of unknown, but its, at least the the britsh empire, a racial epithet to indians/brown people who are not chinese.

Also Gollywog bars, a slab of vanilla ice cream on a stick. Wrapped in blue emblazoned with ragdoll niggers. Now Golly bars, a slab of vanilla ice cream wrapped in blue.

The world is an odd place betimes.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
here's a game to play, go ask someone in holland about muslims/saracens and see how long it takes them to mention "the big g". lol

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Wayside Bazaar posted:

saw some young women wearing hijabs when i was getting a coffee this morning and felt bad for them as its too hot out to be wearing that crap and they have just been too brainwashed their whole life to think for themselves outside of their (forced) commitment to allah. its safe to show a little skin here in America, nobodies going to throw acid at them or sentence them to the lash for doing so (it is a free country)...this was in a pretty jewish town and i didnt see anyone wearing yarmulkes, no catholics toting rosary beads either. maybe just put aside the church stuff for when you go to church? hth

Are you sure they were muslims? Maybe they are just deathly afraid of skin cancer. Smart, really.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

"frankly I find it islamophobic that you hold the opinion that women should not be murdered in the street for perceived honor slights, and that girls should be able learn to read, vote, and perhaps go outside without a man present." -someones unironic opinion in a page or so

SplitSoul posted:

much like FGM, honour killing is not a uniquely muslim thing nor does it have anything to do with islam per se, although it is practiced by muslims and defended by imams in some predominantly muslim countries, whereas in others it isn't. likewise, hindus, christians, buddhists and all manner of people from different religions, sects, tribes, cults, cultures and geographic locations practice honour killings and honour-related violence of one form or another. the root causes are typically misogyny or homophobia. hope this helps.

Effectronica posted:

people do it in greece, sardinia, and other christian, first world regions in and around the mediterranean, and they don't do it in the heavily muslim parts of southeast asia, nor do they do it at the same frequency in the heavily muslim parts of west africa. blaming it on the religion has less basis than blaming it on the climate lol.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Business Octopus posted:

... makes u think ....

chick on the left has a choice of not being stoned to death tho :smug:

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Pretty sure my oxford dictionary says wog is from worthy oriental gentleman.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

permabanned posted:

They key is most practitioners of most religions were doing it before our birth and mostly stopped doing it , while muslims are doing it today, where we live spoiling the quality of life in the countries they have moved in to escape the lovely quality of life their religion created in their own countries. That's a drat big difference.

you're wrong, but then iirc you're a russian nazi with a genocide fetish who got run out of lf for being utterly terrible

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Sure when a muslim does it its bad according to a bunch of internet nerds but if it was a samurai doing it all the anime faggots would be crawling out of the woodwork to talk about how amazing japanese culture is

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013

Robo Reagan posted:

Sure when a muslim does it its bad according to a bunch of internet nerds but if it was a samurai doing it all the anime faggots would be crawling out of the woodwork to talk about how amazing japanese culture is

Maybe if they brought back dervishes?

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

Robo Reagan posted:

To be fair a lot of Japanese honor killing is you Kill Yourself, something that resonates with GBS

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

"like" this post to stop honor killing today!!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
My favorite part of religious people is one day they'll die. Think you've got virgins and silver cities waiting? Wrong.

This message brought to you by Satan. Through HIM all things are possible. Except love.Hail Satan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hi! redshirt here and I've been reading history!

Interesting to note that human civilization began in modern day Iraq/Iran/Syria and for thousands upon thousands of years this region was dominant in world affairs.

Suddenly though, two little tribes worked their way up past all the many other, far more powerful tribes, nations, and empires.

This would be the Jews and the Arabs. Both a very small population in overall numbers, yet each with far reaching and powerful influences on all human society.

poo poo, Arabia is literally a desert wasteland and unworthy of anyone's attention in history and yet, somehow, the Arabs have powerfully shaped world history thanks to Islam and Muhammad, praise be unto him.

• Locked thread