Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
i refuse to not make a poll
hi
this is a poll
goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
you have come to a land called GORF *whipcrack*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Otisburg posted:

GORF on the VIC20

:worship:

GreaseMonkey
Jun 19, 2001
Leisure Suit Larry on a 286. My grandfather had it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

GreaseMonkey posted:

Leisure Suit Larry on a 286. My grandfather had it.

did it remind him of hius younger days when he was a rockin lounge lizard in a zoot suit?

GreaseMonkey
Jun 19, 2001

pyrrho posted:

did it remind him of hius younger days when he was a rockin lounge lizard in a zoot suit?

You wanna ask him?
edit: oh yeah he lives in another state and doesn't know what's the sumpin waffle forums are. I'll answer for him and say probably so.

GreaseMonkey fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jun 16, 2014

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I remember having to memorize the answers to 1960s trivia in the opening to leisure suit larry just so I could play it. Must have rebooted my computer like 30 times to get all the right answers.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Kazvall posted:

I remember having to memorize the answers to 1960s trivia in the opening to leisure suit larry just so I could play it. Must have rebooted my computer like 30 times to get all the right answers.

I did the same thing with a handheld Who Wants To Be A Millionaire game. if you hit the reset button that wiped all the high scores it would start you over with the same set of questions each time. Come to think of it that was probably my first foray into speedrunning.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
thats a drm crack bein described, not savescumming

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

Kazvall posted:

It's not "a kindly doctor", that's all i can remember

Mr. Greenjeans

I find videogames with adult content acceptable

it's disturbing how much of this I remember, I was 8 years old or something. my parents either didn't know the answers or refused to tell me

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
smb / duck hunt or sonic 1 with the giant "not for resale" on the cartridge

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
I don't remember but probably smb duckhunt that's the one we had. First pc game was street rod or windows 3.1 solitaire

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

probably ms. pac-man or pole position 2

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

pokemon red. i wasn't able to read much yet, so i would bring up the save menu and ask what it said, and what i should do. naturally, you don't want to overwrite files, you want to make a new copy of them, just in case, so due to this advice i wound up repeating viridian forest again and again.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

It was Super Mario Land 2: Legend Of The Six Golden Coins for the Game Boy & Game Boy Pocket, op.

but i was probably playing Galaxian, Galaga, and other things like that on the personal computer, in a time too early for me to even remember.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

everythingWasBees posted:

pokemon red. i wasn't able to read much yet, so i would bring up the save menu and ask what it said, and what i should do. naturally, you don't want to overwrite files, you want to make a new copy of them, just in case, so due to this advice i wound up repeating viridian forest again and again.

:hf:

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
Try playing Wall Street kid as as kid before you could read if you wanna talk about hell. Funny thing is being able to read doesn't actually improve this game in any way

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
SPAAAAAAAAACESHIP WARLOCK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?
Donkey Kong Jr on Colecovision. Never liked a game since.

• Locked thread