Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Smythe posted:

ok. im saying the colors dont match. like, fox sports is blue in 1, and normal fox is blue in the other. wtf
they're colored based on what order they're in, from most dollars to least. which is dumb, but that's what they did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
nice fail chart.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Smythe posted:

nice fail chart.
agreed

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Bloody posted:

its the new microsoft thread

Notch is a dead man.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

anthonypants posted:

they're colored based on what order they're in, from most dollars to least. which is dumb, but that's what they did

what they did is keep the default colors from numbers.app and didn't give a poo poo about their charts

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

hey is this a good thread to post about how microsoft got it right with 7 and 8 is garbage for clowns?

whoops too late

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

windows 9 will be just like 8 - microsoft

ending the cycle

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i think the idea is to proceed with 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, etc., so windows 9 won't be for a while (ever?)

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol they want to keep all the great brand momentum they have with 8

they should call the next one windows 7.1

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

yeah, that was the plan

the next choice, according to the focus group results, was Windows Xbox. don't think that's a fall back any more either.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
wait, are we in windows blue now or is that another thing?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

yes, Windows Blue update 1

pram
Jun 10, 2001
its a bad os

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
adequacy supremacy

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

i offer to u all ladies and gentlemen osx yosemite dev preview 2

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

theadder posted:

i offer to u all ladies and gentlemen osx yosemite dev preview 2

I can't run after effects on it so it's a crock of poo poo as far as I'm concerned. good thing I'm not a noob who installed it on my main partition. :smug:

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

windows 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbH_sDyWZqo

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Ocrassus posted:

I can't run after effects on it so it's a crock of poo poo as far as I'm concerned. good thing I'm not a noob who installed it on my main partition. :smug:
if only because adobo probably programmed it in a way that it sees 10.10 and assumes it's 10.1 and thus incompatible

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Ocrassus posted:

im still in mavericks for now

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Phoenixan posted:

if only because adobo probably programmed it in a way that it sees 10.10 and assumes it's 10.1 and thus incompatible

their support says it's something to do with apple taking out the font the UI uses or some such poo poo. which is loving lol.

'this font is poo poo, let's not include it. will this break anything'

'nah, any program that does calls on this font would probably be some scrub tier poo poo'

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

same except seti

rude

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
adobo :smith:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

PleasureKevin posted:

i think the idea is to proceed with 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, etc., so windows 9 won't be for a while (ever?)

windows 9 is coming out in like april

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

a literal bargain bin of surface 2RTs

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

they're moving to the chrome numbering system. windows 27 due out in mid 2015

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
my windows pc keeps bluescreening due to a hosed wifi card and i was gonna take it out but i rebooted one last time to see if it would load w/o bluescreening and now windows is "attempting repairs" which is dumb it's just a bad wifi card i'm gonna pull out

there is a cancel button but when i click it a dialog pops and says "the current repair operation cannot be cancelled"

lol @ me. owned.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

MrMoo posted:

I spent the next day learning WiX.

wix is p good and u should use it. there is some ms dude who answers everything on the wix users list in like 4 hours which is nice too.

incidentally i think it was the first project microsoft ever opensourced.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

qirex posted:

where are you that has a german-speaking saturn store

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-rumored-to-be-planning-to-replace-surface-branding-with-lumia-7000031028/

lol

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

PleasureKevin posted:

windows 9 will come out when they actually unfuck the metro implementation because as far as anyone else cares 8.X are just service packs

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

maniacdevnull posted:

they're moving to the chrome numbering system. windows 27 due out in mid 2015

it's a good numbering system, sperging over what constitutes a minor vs patch release is the dumbest poo poo and the major number always seems to get stuck at 2 or 3

lookin forward to systemd 214

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Mr Dog posted:

it's a good numbering system, sperging over what constitutes a minor vs patch release is the dumbest poo poo and the major number always seems to get stuck at 2 or 3

lookin forward to systemd 214

nobody is going to shell out $200 for microsoft windows 28 when 27 came out 4 months ago and was free.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

what an astonishingly stupid decision this would be

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

qirex posted:

agreed, the surface should be subject to aktion-t4

60,000 RM is what this tablet suffering from a hereditary defect costs the peoples community every year

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

poty posted:

where are you that has a german-speaking saturn store
munich

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

agreed, the surface should be subject to aktion-t4

wow, mods?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Phoenixan posted:

why am i thinking this is less a joke and more the truth

oh right adobe programmers

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
a store i went to once sold widows 8 computers that were modified to boot to the desktop and have a working start menu, is this very common?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Phoenixan posted:

maybe apple should learn how the loving decimal system works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Ocrassus posted:

their support says it's something to do with apple taking out the font the UI uses or some such poo poo. which is loving lol.
this is pretty lol too

oh no the font for our lovely interface that keep we tweaking to make more hosed with every version :qq:

• Locked thread