Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Doctor Who is OK I guess but I lost interest halfway through the David Tennant episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm

Clochette posted:

My husband is English and very handsome. :colbert: Actually, that's what confuses me about this whole thing. I always figured that American women get really fangirly over these British actors because of their exotic accents, but it's not like there are no good-looking English guys.

Also:

SEPARATED AT BIRTH???

Triplets!!

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

psyopmonkey posted:

Groovy Baby. Tell your hubby to go see a dentist. :colbert:

I think diastema is hot, okay? :qq:

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I would pay money to ruffle this lil' english fuckers hair...

:swoon:

Lotus Brony
Feb 21, 2012

by Cowcaster
As a conservative, I don't hate the show because of liberal views. I hate the show because it f'ing sucks. :colbert:

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
PICK YOUR FAVORITE

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
What the poo poo is "Allonsy"?

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
It's French. Allons - y, "let's go"

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I watched some with the Scottish chick in them because she's loving hot. Besides that, nah.

Useless Shotgun
Nov 5, 2010

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man: no time to talk.
Its a decent to mediocre show with the occasional redeeming episode that is completely ruined by its fanbase. Sorry for the controversial opinion.

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009
It's a intentionally poo poo show that every so often randomly hits you with an actual emotional scene that some fuckwit invariably ruins by shouting some inane reddit language "ouch that got me right in DEM FEELS SIR" or some crap as your watching it.

I hate my house mates.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

d3c0y2 posted:

It's a intentionally poo poo show that every so often randomly hits you with an actual emotional scene that some fuckwit invariably ruins by shouting some inane reddit language "ouch that got me right in DEM FEELS SIR" or some crap as your watching it.

I hate my house mates.

The set of things improved by the addition of redditors consists solely of coffins and urns.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Hobo Camp posted:

The character's name was Martha.

3 episodes into the series they made it obvious that the black female companion didn't matter one loving bit, so I gave up right away. From what I see on Tumblr, I'm not missing poo poo.

ehhhhh martha is like the only nu who companion who isn't a completely helpless tourist stumbling along in the doctor's wake so not really

so naturally she's the least-liked companion (well except for people who hate Rose for being a chav)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hobo Camp posted:

I only watched half a series of Dr. Who and that's because the companion was a black woman. I didn't know anything about the show at the time, but I remember it was a HUGE deal that they FINALLY had a black character on the show (there was so much press about this. It was SO GROUND BREAKING WOW A BLACK CHARACTER! Mind you, this was only a few years ago. Way to go, England). I tuned in because I wanted to support this show of diversity. The character's name was Martha.

3 episodes into the series they made it obvious that the black female companion didn't matter one loving bit, so I gave up right away. From what I see on Tumblr, I'm not missing poo poo.

The best thing about that series was her last episode, where she basically called him out for not giving a poo poo about her and saying "gently caress this and gently caress you, i'm out"

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
theres this one ep with hitler and whenever he talks theyre like "Shut up Hitler" lol.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
isn't it a show made for actual children as in it's called a childrens show instead of a hip & cool sci fi adventure for adults

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

ehhhhh martha is like the only nu who companion who isn't a completely helpless tourist stumbling along in the doctor's wake so not really

so naturally she's the least-liked companion (well except for people who hate Rose for being a chav)
nah of all the nu-who companions she's the only one i'd smoke a blunt with

rose tyler had some blowjob lips though i tell you what

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Robo Reagan posted:

isn't it a show made for actual children as in it's called a childrens show instead of a hip & cool sci fi adventure for adults

family show, as opposed to kids show

there was a kids show spin-off, which was better written than the (nominally) mature spin-off

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
any woman ive been with thats into the show is a moron pretending to be intellectual SEE YA

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm

Robo Reagan posted:

In one episode a character's girlfriend is irreversibly transformed into a living face on a slab of concrete. The episode ends with the implication that she still performs oral sex on him.

Doctor Who is frequently awful with episodes unsuited to any audience.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Doctor Who is a pretty good show, provided you're at least brown out drunk.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Useless Shotgun posted:

Its a decent to mediocre show with the occasional redeeming episode that is completely ruined by its fanbase. Sorry for the controversial opinion.

That's everything, everywhere, and forever though.

(Including this site.)

People are loving rear end in a top hat nimrods. If you enjoy a thing ignore the people who ruin it if you can.

I like Doctor Who but I basically have gently caress all to do with the fan base outside of the odd video review, mostly SFDebris because that dude knows how to do such things.

poo poo, even the Goon Who threads usually turn into Space Herpes.

Ya gotta learn to do that. Nearly everything I have really loved that I have come to hate is mostly due to fan bases or anti fans being enormous chodes.

So I mostly enjoy my generally not GBS approved entertainments in isolation. :smith:

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I thought the first nu Doctor was actually the best of the bunch.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Nobody should be allowed to play the Doctor who isn't one of those proper, old-school british bastards who knows how to drink to the detriment of all his social relationships

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

The Tao Jones posted:

Nobody should be allowed to play the Doctor who isn't one of those proper, old-school british bastards who knows how to drink to the detriment of all his social relationships

Isn't that basically the new guy and that's why all the tumblr fans are pissed

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Yeah the new Dr. Who is an actor who played one of the angriest most profane characters on TV in the last ten years and he's an old badass and the first episode of the series is being directed by Ben Wheatley who is a badass indie horror director so obviously the fans are angry the show has made the only two good decisions it has ever made

butts lol
May 18, 2011
Doctor who is a show for children so it's obviously going to be kind of lovely, but sherlock is seriously god awful

benedict cumbersnatch is hideous & also the least likeable protagonist of any show ever. sherlock: the show that is all about a guy swishing his coat around

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Not gonna lie, I'd let him scour my Shire.

Clochette posted:

David Tennant is like a 6 at best
lolz whatever, bitch

Calico Heart posted:

Yeah the new Dr. Who is an actor who played one of the angriest most profane characters on TV in the last ten years and he's an old badass and the first episode of the series is being directed by Ben Wheatley who is a badass indie horror director so obviously the fans are angry the show has made the only two good decisions it has ever made
I sincerely hope some NuWho fans lose their poo poo over having "an old guy Doctor"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

butts lol posted:

benedict cumbersnatch is hideous & also the least likeable protagonist of any show ever. sherlock: the show that is all about a guy swishing his coat around
so is watch_dogs(); and that had like millions of preorders so obviously there's a market for media solely about a guy swishing his coat around

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Not gonna lie, I'd let him scour my Shire.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

You know what's a good BBC show? Luther.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

The White Dragon posted:

so is watch_dogs(); and that had like millions of preorders so obviously there's a market for media solely about a guy swishing his coat around
no you

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I sincerely hope some NuWho fans lose their poo poo over having "an old guy Doctor"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45d8kn5hApg

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
The season with those creepy Silence dudes was pretty good and the rest is okay for the most part if you don't insist on watching every tv program with a stick up your arse

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Robo Reagan posted:

In our current awesome age adults are just weird hairy children, so it's sort of a moot point.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i usually like poo poo gbs hates but in this case they're right

they're right about dr. who. it's poo poo

macky2dope
Jun 11, 2012

meow haha whoa!!
:420: :420: :420: :420: :420:
me in this thread

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I tried watching dr who to see what all the hoopala was about

one episode there was a lady who was the last human and was just a face on a piece of skin

next they go into the future and a guy gets a door in his head exposing his brain

then green burping farting baby aliens impersonate parliament and take over

the show is loving retarded

it also looks like it has less of a budget than the avg sci fi original movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
Dr Who's explosion of popularity in recent years was generated from gross lady babies who want to gently caress david tennant and that deformed retard with the bowtie, yeah?

• Locked thread