Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school
I rented a room in my house to a coworker. I found him smoking meth, so I kicked him out. He called the police and tried to claim squatters rights. The police arrested him and he got fired.

This is my roommate story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I lived with three of my best friends last year and it was pretty great. We all got along, we all had jobs and never got into any huge financial issues. I ended up moving in with my girlfriend this year and kind of miss them, though :(

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I'm also bummed out I don't have any roommate horror stories :(

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

mookface posted:

There is no excuse for having roommates outside of your early 20's

grad school

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ArbitraryC posted:

If cost of living is high where you live you might have to choose between roommates and a studio even with a decent income and I know I'd go for roommates if it came down to that.

I'd go for the studio every time because I need my space

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
currently subleasing my bathroom to a bigass hairy spider

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
Feel sorry for the OP that he's never lived anywhere cool and fun like NYC.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Cuniculous posted:

I rented a room in my house to a coworker. I found him smoking meth, so I kicked him out. He called the police and tried to claim squatters rights. The police arrested him and he got fired.

This is my roommate story.

puritan

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
i want my roommate to die in his sleep

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Every city I've been it had no studio apartments open anywhere. Are you people just lucky or living in places where no one else wants to be?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I mean every time I've had roommates it's worked out pretty well

some of them were dumb as hell but no non-rent payers or thieves

unless you count food/beer thieves

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

mookface posted:

I'd go for the studio every time because I need my space
I mean you already get your own bedroom in a shared housing situation and the walls aren't really that much thinner than a bunch of studios jammed together. I could see merits to both approaches but I'm just saying if my bed isnt separate from my living room I don't really see the advantage of living on my own, no space to host any guests or anything.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 18, 2014

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I laugh at people who are so scared of basic human interaction that they find the idea of roommates abhorrent.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

im a compulsive food thief. i will eat your food and deny it

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
My roommate pays me $600 in rent a month, is that $600 you have OP I did not think so.

I think my worst roommate story is that once I had a roommate that made chickpeas because he was a health nut and they smelled like butts. But then he bought a bag of cookies for me so I was like this is okay.

Also once I rented out my extra room to a woman that would walk around in her underpants all day long for some reason and also made extra chili so that was pretty swell. drat good chili, too.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 18, 2014

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
brothers let us end this petty food stealing fridge war

just walk away

*eats your leftovers in front of you*

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

My living situation is just like Spaced, in that my roommate is a cool goon and we never have sex and I haven't done anything worthwhile since 2001.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

I laugh at people who are so scared of basic human interaction that they find the idea of roommates abhorrent.

I live with four other people and roommates suck

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
i just want my own kitchen :negative:

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Athropos posted:

i want my roommate to die in his sleep

It's not nice to talk about your dad like that

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I live with 2 roommates because we live in a absurdly expensive beach community in a great house and it rules here, but it costs a trillion dollars per second (rough estimate)

worth it

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
My roommate is awesome and we borrow each other's make up and she makes excellent weed cookies.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
But I save money so I can buy Vidya games with roommates.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
would rather live with roommates is a better location than alone in a shittier one. i'm about 30 minutes from where I want to be but it's way cheaper and my only roommate is my :woof:.

poo poo can be annoying and i kinda miss times with roommates. if you guys can act halfway decent in terms of cleanliness and, most importantly, have your own poo poo going on then you'll be fine. if you can't close the door to your room and throw on headphones/chill then sorry you picked gay rear end roommates.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
op doesn't have any friends and nobody wants to live with him

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011
Roommates make for the best life experiences of strange humans.

I once a had an overweight Hawaiian college roommate by the name of Kevin. He was the very definition of sloth. All he ever did when my other roommates were home was play video games in the living room and watch TV. So for a week we tried an experiment. On Monday, we removed the XBox (it wasn't his to begin with). He continued to watch TV. On Tuesday, we removed the cable cord. He attempted to watch crappy local channels with the rabbit ears. On Wednesday, we removed the television from the living room. He then spent the remainder of his evening in the campus lounge watching that TV. If your roommate is this much of a lazy introvert, I highly recommend doing this to get him out of the apartment.

Other crazy things Kevin has done:
-Will never sit in a chair like a normal human being. It's always at a slight angle or completely upside down.
-Slept anywhere in ill-fitting shirts that revealed his massive gut.
-Constantly ate the nastiest food ever brought over from Asia in frozen plastic containers. When he moved out, we tossed them all out the window in celebration.
-Came home from classes early once to find him on the couch with a Gameboy in one hand and down his pants with the other. The triggering of the open door made him bolt off the couch so hard he fell onto the floor, hand still in pants, as he stumbled to the bedroom.
-Received a 0 in Introduction to Multimedia class. In order to achieve this grade in the easiest of classes, you would have to do absolutely no work. I didn't even think this was possible.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
While I was with my DnD group this weekend, my room mates got into a fight (they broke up a month ago). The downstairs neighbors called the cops due to the yelling and other scary sounds. Now one is in jail, and the other has a restraining order against him for 7 days.

Now I'm watching movies on his big screen TV cuz ain't nothin he can do about it?? who's on top now idiots.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
had roommates in college. that was enough for me to make my decision

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
Did you learn any reasons from this thread why some people might want to have a roommate? Was this thread just a troll?

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

no actually I don't it's because he works when I'm here and vice versa and when he is home he's usually passed out stoned on the couch

furthermore

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness
Rooming with my best friend, saving $500 a month, and splitting the chores I don't like sucks soooo much. Poor me. :rolleyes:

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

Queen Gnome posted:

Rooming with my best friend, saving $500 a month, and splitting the chores I don like sucks soooo much. Poor me. :rolleyes:

haha kill yourself

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
i find it hard to live with other humans i sound awesome

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

haha kill yourself

Edit. Whoa wait you're right. I've been living a lie

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
Having roommates was a pretty sweet deal until two of them started dating.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Dr Strangepants posted:

come on man, never room with people who have a chance of loving

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg

Dr Strangepants posted:

Having room mates who date is relatively okay until they break up. Reference my previous post on this page.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

i find it hard to live with other humans i sound awesome

I know we're doing the goony goons are goons thing but lol that some people like their privacy so they must be hyper introvert shut ins.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

LethalGeek posted:

I know we're doing the goony goons are goons thing but lol that some people like their privacy so they must be hyper introvert shut ins.

looks like i struck a nerve, chill out/kill yourself

but yeah don't room with couples that is a loving awful idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
Maybe it's cool in some cases, but these two were insufferable. Playing games where the girl tries to lock the guy out of the house while he runs and checks all the doors, grab-rear end in the kitchen, and constant giggling. I think the lesson here is not to room with undergrads. A really obvious lesson.

• Locked thread