Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
every person in this thread is going to die irl!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

My school had a bunch of police do a mass shooting vulnerability test and the results were pretty much, "No matter what you do they can always shoot through windows so you're all gonna loving die."

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.

Stoic Commie posted:

every person in this thread is going to die irl!

with a boner, unless you dont got

same

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

give every student Good Guy With A Gun training

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

a hole-y ghost posted:

we should just handle school shootings russian style

blast the poo poo out of the school from the outside using tanks and RPG missiles

Those kids look bleak. Act of mercy imo.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Death By Yogurt posted:

My school had a bunch of police do a mass shooting vulnerability test and the results were pretty much, "No matter what you do they can always shoot through windows so you're all gonna loving die."

The best defense is a good offense. The solution is simple: arm teachers.

naem
May 29, 2011

Perhaps the atmosphere of oppression is what's causing CHILDREN to go crazy and shoot people in the first place and making thing oppression-ier isn't the answer??

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
imagine how retarded you'd be if u went to a conformist public school... lol

naem
May 29, 2011

CHILLDREN

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

a dirty Lftard posted:

imagine how retarded you'd be if u went to a conformist public school... lol

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

naem posted:

Perhaps the atmosphere of oppression is what's causing CHILDREN to go crazy and shoot people in the first place and making thing oppression-ier isn't the answer??

Maybe children are going crazy because they weren't spanked hard enough by their parents.

Guy Fleegman
Jul 8, 2009

by XyloJW

naem posted:

Or possibly those damned video shootem' up games.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

naem posted:

Well maybe you shouldn't be black and under 50 in Missouri, that's illegal you know :v: I'm sorry you should have read up the rules when you were born and got asked to pick your skin colour, cuz that's totally a thing I heard in St. Louis I'm p. sure.

Also guys I hear they're making a new state flag for Missouri, it looks pretty radical and I think things are changing fast.

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Sep 11, 2014

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

have you considered not giving your children access to guns just throwing things at the wall here

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

if parents weren't so loving dumb to not pay attention to their kids this wouldn't happen

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

FinalGamer posted:

Like right?!

I mean that's not the weirdest part but it really throws me off at the same time, that's the kind of weapon I get at the end level of a game or something.

Also I'm pretty sure I see at least three dudes popping boners for all this kid-simulating murder so my original theory stands proven. Do they like, stand at the sidelines or something and just watch this poo poo or do they get like tagged you're out and have to sit outside cuz GROWNUPS NEVER GOT SHOT IN SCHOOLS NO THAT WOULD RUIN THE IMMERSION

This totally sounds a good idea and having played Phoenix Wright I can tell you it definitely will also stop lawyers from suing you by giving them amnesia.

What the hell man, when we had school shooting drills we just got some dudes in safety vests. These fuckers got the whole SWAT treatment

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

glad that the schools are finally taking gwars advice

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
this is really shocking

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

we never got to do gun massacre larping when i was in school

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

people in missouri like throwing molotovs into black congressman's offices in 2014 as well

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Question to you americans: Why do americans put up with the south? Any sane county would have cut off those mongoloids decades ago.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

BombiTheZombie posted:

Question to you americans: Why do americans put up with the south? Any sane county would have cut off those mongoloids decades ago.

We beat them up and tried to reform them but then Lincoln died and Johnson decided to spoil them.

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

The Droid posted:

duck and cover makes a lot more sense when you realize that the bombs would probably not be dropped right on/next to the school. Otherwise, there'd be no chance to duck or cover.

Duck and cover makes a lot of sense when you realize it's not meant for the people who are going to be vaporized - there are hardly any of those by comparison to all the people who see something bright and immediately go running to put a pane of glass between the blast wave and their faces and necks. Duck and cover is an entirely sound safety procedure and everyone should follow it. It doesn't even have to be nuclear war. Duck and cover will protect you from catching an eye socket full of glass from all kinds of explosions. Whenever there's an explosion at a gas storage facility or a chemical plant there are plenty of folks who end up hospitalized because when they should've been ducking and covering, they were staring at the pretty explosion.

p.s. If the explosion IS nuclear, ducking and covering is even better, because in addition to protection from glass and flying objects it also gives you pretty good protection from becoming a flying object yourself, and can reduce the amount of radiation you absorb from the long pulse. The initial flash is bad enough, but standing there soaking it in for the rest of the pulse like you're enjoying a sunny day has much nastier consequences for your body.

Companion Cube fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 11, 2014

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 643 days!)

whoo i sure am sick of these frigid northern climes better take a trip down to the Deep South, st loving louis. get a map, dingus

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
the legislature overrode the governor's veto so now the CC age is 19 and also if you have a permit you can open carry anywhere :greencube:

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

a hole-y ghost posted:

all schools should have goose farms attached to them. when there's a shooter release 200 geese into the school.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

but then it would just be a goose school. education for geese.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

a hole-y ghost posted:

but then it would just be a goose school. education for geese.

keep ducks out of our goose schools

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Nonsense posted:

people in missouri like throwing molotovs into black congressman's offices in 2014 as well
Wow you actually weren't kidding.

Man gently caress Missouri.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
In the early 90s they actually locked down our junior high while us students were in it because an armed suspect in a murder fled from police through it. We all had to sit in locked rooms on the floor for hours with the film curtains closed until he ended up at the urgent care next door and took them all hostage. They evacuated us piecemeal through the other side of the school and we didn't have school the next day because he still had the people hostage. He eventually gave up. The guy he killed was an elderly man who was friends with my grandparents who caught him robbing his house. The old man had been letting the shooter do odd jobs for him as part of his drug rehab.

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?
Flamethrower stations throughout the school. Once you know there's a shooter around, everyone grabs the nearest flamethrower. Let's see one disaffected loner with a shotgun go up against twelve football team members with flamethrowers.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

how about this: russian nuclear missile inside the school. as soon as there's a school shooter spotted we detonate it and, true to MAD, launch 2000 nuclear missiles at Russia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Disconnecticus posted:

Flamethrower stations throughout the school. Once you know there's a shooter around, everyone grabs the nearest flamethrower. Let's see one disaffected loner with a shotgun go up against twelve football team members with flamethrowers.

Don't lie you're trying to prepare the public for when The Thing escapes Antarctica.

• Locked thread