Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
Las Vegas keepin' it 72 inside

three hundo a montho

Acceleration!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
2 bedroom apartment with some vaulted ceilings and tons of air leaks: $160 for August. Its usually like 90 dollars but I got lazy about turning off the A/C at night and it was so hot all month it ran like 24/7. Poor and cool or RICH and hot? This is the most important question

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
One bedroom condo, $30 a month.

My parents on the other hand pay hundreds of dollars a month in the winter, because their house is old and poorly insulated, and the giant floor to ceiling picture windows in the living room and dining room have all broken their seals. Maybe get all that fixed and pay $15,000 tops for the whole house? Nope, too expensive. They choose to spend $400 a month for the last 20 years, that makes much more sense. Seriously, when it comes to money, my parents are the cheapest, dumbest people around.

Bloody Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Sep 14, 2014

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE
Northern MN, 900 sf house...so far electricity is around $45 a month but I haven't been here in winter yet. My heating is propane, so I think the $45 is going to stay consistent most of the year. My house has AC, but I can't imagine running it except for the like 3 days it's +85 here.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
Between 70-80USD.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
$323.03

We have a 3-tier system.

The first 588 kWh cost $.17 per kWh
588 - 1500 costs $.22 per
over 1500 costs $.28 per

We live in the pass just west of Palm Springs. It's rather warm here, right now.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

My electric is free because my apartment is owned by my old boss who is a small business owner and is basically family.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
599 US dollars

Reer
Sep 27, 2007

by Ralp
i don't know, my housemate (mom) pays it

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp
$420.69

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
Vegas tries really hard to be California so we have insane electricity costs - During the summer it can go way over $350 if I only use the upstairs A/C. If I cool the downstairs too it'll hit $600 pretty easily.

It also doesn't help that Nevada Power are criminals. I unplugged everything and turned off the breakers in the house while I was traveling long term in Asia and I came back to a huge electric bill. I said "i wasn't in country and all breakers were cut" and they tried to say there was something wrong with my meter so they charged me based on an average of some sort or another. It nearly took contacting a lawyer to get them to turn my power back on because I wasn't going to pay a fake bill. I've had friends install various devices in their house which really cut down on power drain and Nevada power will still make sure the bill is charged at a full rate anyway. It's got to be illegal.

I hope someday someone class actions them - i think most of the time people just say "Welp, Vegas"

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Maybe they thought (but didn't tell you) that you shunted around the meter to steal electricity. If the meter reader comes and sees no change in the watt hour meter after a month, they could flag that as suspicious.

They're still dicks though.

Maybe you could rent a Fluke or Dranetz meter and some CT clamps and meter yourself at the panel to make sure the meter is accurate, but that would cost a bit more than the bill itself.

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Sep 14, 2014

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Hehe, I pay the most, how cool am I?

CytotoxicTrev
Oct 30, 2010

So you see, without my help, they're toast!
I work offshore and when I leave for 3 weeks I turn off all the lights and unplug everything and then it only costs like $0.60 a day, which is pretty nice. I guess it's just the fridge / freezer that's using energy at that point.

It's a studio apartment so even when I'm home I probably spend about $40-60. It's more expensive during the summer when I have the A/C on.

ashley
Oct 20, 2008
Three bedroom house in Phoenix - used 1030kWh which came out to $162.83 for August. Usually keep the place around 78 degrees.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Also Phoenix, don't have the bill in front of me but it runs $300-350 in the summer and $95-120 rest of the year. 4 bedroom, swimming pool. Thermostat floats around 78-85 depending on whos home. We had a new AC put in 2 years ago, before that we were hitting $450 in the dead summer.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
It's been between 70-80 dollars for a 2-bedroom condo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Machine
Feb 24, 2006
When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit.
Gas/Electric typically run me between $20-25.

I'm the most efficient user of energy in my area. :smug:

• Locked thread