Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Slur posted:

The whole idea of "Platinum can do no wrong" going around on these boards reminds me of what people thought of Valve in 2009.

Valve can do no wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
without valve we wouldnt have cool games like mgrr on pc so thats pretty nice

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Slur posted:

The whole idea of "Platinum can do no wrong" going around on these boards reminds me of what people thought of Valve in 2009.

Platinum's worst game is MadWorld, which is just mediocre but features the best commentators in any video game (eat your heart out Bastion)

Also Platinum Mega Man already exists idiots, it's called Vanquish

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

madworld was loving epic

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
madworld >>>>>> anarchy reigns

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

platinum rules. good games that seem to build on each other and develop with each release instead of staying stagnant. I could see myself getting mighty tired of them if they stop innovating though.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm so glad this thread isn't in Games so we don't have to put up with scores of retards droning on and on about what they'd do if they were Capcom's CEO.
armchair strategy is what goons do in pretty much every forum

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Slur posted:

wait when did this change?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

Valve can do no wrong

Greenlight

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Slur posted:

Greenlight

early access is worse than greenlight imo

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

curators

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Bobnumerotres posted:

Hats.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

The continuing joke that is half life 3

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm so glad this thread isn't in Games so we don't have to put up with scores of retards droning on and on about what they'd do if they were Capcom's CEO.

i remember some people in the games megaman thread wanted to do a kickstarter to buy the megaman IP

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

i recall the logic was something like "capcom isn't making megaman games RIGHT NOW therefore they'd sell the IP dirt cheap"

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Capcom is the Ghibli of games

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

If I were Capcom's ceo I would sell megaman and use the funds to buy a bunch of weed and blowjobs from Asian women

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Srice posted:

i recall the logic was something like "capcom isn't making megaman games RIGHT NOW therefore they'd sell the IP dirt cheap"
goon logic owns

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

zen death robot posted:

It's a wonder that more Games posters aren't captains of industry
Games posters are the randian supermen of the internet

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Capcom produces Cross Assault. That's 100x worse than cancelling 4 Megaman games in a year.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i've never heard of Cross Assault. that either means it's ultimately forgettable or so bad that people have done their damnedest to put it in the back of their minds

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Y-Hat posted:

i've never heard of Cross Assault. that either means it's ultimately forgettable or so bad that people have done their damnedest to put it in the back of their minds

Good. When you hear Capcom all you should ever think about is Resident Evil 4.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Heran Bago posted:

Good. When you hear Capcom all you should ever think about is Power Stone 2.

ftfy

It looks like all the Capcom Dreamcast games have dipped abit in price. Just found a copy of gigawing for 20 bucks.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

disney should buy em so they can make more marvel vs capcoms

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

early access is worse than greenlight imo

Greenlight usually results in early access

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

It's saddening to see Japanese game manufacturers trip and stumble through last gen and this gen, as games made by these companies back in the 80s are what got me into videogames in the first place. Who knows what I would have become if I never got that NES on my sixth birthday. (Probably more successful and in shape....)

The only company who seems to still have their poo poo together is Nintendo, but even then they kinda do their own thing and go against the grain, which honestly is fine by me since the mainstream gaming options provided by Sony and Microsoft don't really appeal to me and I can play the majority of those games on my PC anyway. Sega should really start making consoles again.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Lotish posted:

Holy poo poo Platinum Mega Man would be amazing.
Yeah, Vanquish ruled.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Someone buy Breath of Fire already, christ

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Starhawk64 posted:

It's saddening to see Japanese game manufacturers trip and stumble through last gen and this gen, as games made by these companies back in the 80s are what got me into videogames in the first place. Who knows what I would have become if I never got that NES on my sixth birthday. (Probably more successful and in shape....)

The only company who seems to still have their poo poo together is Nintendo, but even then they kinda do their own thing and go against the grain, which honestly is fine by me since the mainstream gaming options provided by Sony and Microsoft don't really appeal to me and I can play the majority of those games on my PC anyway. Sega should really start making consoles again.

Just remember that what they've put out in the last 10 years is what they were trying to make for the previous 20 but the shittiness of computers held them back.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Just remember that what they've put out in the last 10 years is what they were trying to make for the previous 20 but the shittiness of computers held them back.
No.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Starhawk64 posted:

mainstream gaming options provided by Sony and Microsoft don't really appeal to me and I can play the majority of those games on my PC anyway. Sega should really start making consoles again.

Uh, Sony has every single nitche developer under it's belt, they have a massive number of studios making games for them. Like 80% of all the other Japanese studios put out games for the playstation.

Like you're calling stuff like project diva or the Tales of Series too mainstream.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Slur posted:

Greenlight

i dont know, letting people vote for what games they want to come out isnt a terrible idea on paper. it's not their fault people just want anime dating sims and minecraft alternatives.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Also Sega still puts out new hardware. However you need a shitload of room, because they're all arcade machines.

There are Sega Collectors who have arcade rooms and then go a step above and make their rooms resemble actual arcades with specific types of linoleum flooring and poo poo.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

ForeverSmug posted:

Dragons dogma was vary good so Capcom will never allow it on PC or allow a new game to be made ever for ever

It's like Shadow of the Colossus because you can climb on big monsters at 15 fps. Also, it has the best character creator outside of Saints Row, that even lets you change their height.

DmC had a lot of bad decisions, but I still ended up enjoying it since it's better than 90% of western action games. I'd probably have replayed it a few times if it didn't feel so awkward without a lock-on button.

Mach2 posted:

Capcom likes to make incredibly bad decisions and I think its them repaying the pact they made with Disney in the early 90s that let them produce such consistently good games.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRmgfOzEFPQ

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

Uh, Sony has every single nitche developer under it's belt, they have a massive number of studios making games for them. Like 80% of all the other Japanese studios put out games for the playstation.

Like you're calling stuff like project diva or the Tales of Series too mainstream.
Studio Liverpool :negative:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Great Joe posted:

Studio Liverpool :negative:

Aren't they back or is it like just a shell of a studio? I mean Firesprite was made from 20 ex Liverpool guys and they made the playroom.

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

There's a lot of value in the public being able to see how the system works.

Mach2 posted:

(Ignoring the fact that the EXE/Star Force games were really terrible.)

Can't speak for Starforce but holy gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

You are extremely stupid.

• Locked thread