Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

Frostillicus posted:

I saw Starship Troopers in the theater, can't complain

Saw it six times in the theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Magellanicice9 posted:

:ssh: Have I got news for you.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/27/x-wing-and-tie-fighter-getting-digital-re-releases

EDIT: I was 10 and my computer had a joystick for playing Rebel Assault.

My copy of TIE Fighter came on like six floppies and didn't look that good. Whatever, now I need a joystick again. gently caress.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Magellanicice9 posted:

:ssh: Have I got news for you.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/27/x-wing-and-tie-fighter-getting-digital-re-releases

EDIT: I was 10 and my computer had a joystick for playing Rebel Assault.

What an amazing coincidence! This really makes me happy.

Rap Music and Dope posted:

Genesplicer I think now that Chicago cop is banned u r officially the oldest dude on these forums.

I think there are a few older goons, but they are not openly old. Basically, I'm the Three Olives of the Over 50 crowd. (My 52nd birthday is in a little more than 2 weeks!)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Frostillicus posted:

I saw Starship Troopers in the theater, can't complain

I wanted to but my mom wouldn't let me because it was rated R. It was probably for the best, I think I would have been too young to appreciate the satire and the blood/gore would have spooked me (my parents knew I was a weenis and thus hid me from horror media instead of, y'know, exposing me to it in safe chunks and normalizing it; they were dumb).

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I was 9 still playing the Sega Genesis. gently caress yeah Sonic.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i was slurpin' so much pussy while crushing opponents on fire from downtown in nba jam and also i had a dallas cowboys starter jacket i wore while drinking nesquik from a flintstones movie collectable mug from mcd's

meanwhile my skip-it skip counter is only going up, gently caress anyone who isn't me

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I was playing outside most days. i remember playing donkey kong on the SNES and having my mom beat the mine cart levels for me. also my dad would call the extra lives on super mario world "mans"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

Shinjobi posted:

I was 9 still playing the Sega Genesis. gently caress yeah Sonic.

Aint nothing wrong with that,most 5th gen console games were kind of middling, you were probably better off.

• Locked thread