Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Quidnose posted:

My gut is saying Grandi is scum but it is also saying something is weird. It also is wanting the pie I just pulled out of the oven.

I thought this after Grandi's first post when he votes Little Mac. It just doesn't feel sincere.

##vote Grandi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'd buy grandi, I would like also yumings ideas.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The downside of open set ups is that you can't really do a fake claim to kick start discussion. We're kinda stuck on whatever we got out of joke phase.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

The downside of open set ups is that you can't really do a fake claim to kick start discussion. We're kinda stuck on whatever we got out of joke phase.

Nah, I'm vig.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i dont believe you

##vote keane

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kumbamontu posted:

i dont believe you

##vote keane

I'm very hones4. You know 4his.

Where is yuming?!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
keane you're scum with quid aren't you

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kumbamontu posted:

No.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I don't really get a scum vibe from Keane or Quid. Quid goes after me a bit, but he always does.

What do you think about Grandi, Kumba? Starting at the post where he votes Little Mac

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I think my issue with Grandi is less with his hedginess and backing down, because it really truly seems like he's unsure what to think of Keane and wants to see something from him to sway his mind. I just don't understand why the post Grandi quoted is what swayed his mind?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Grandicap posted:

I was on the fence. The double down of baiting me to vote him feels more townie than scummy. He was staring me down daring me to make a move. I like it. I looked into his eyes and read his heart.

Like, this isn't even what happened. His "poo poo or get off the pot" was more in reference to "put down some solid opinions instead of waffling" rather than "vote me motherfucker." I know around here that "give a solid opinion" usually means "drop a vote" but that's not the vibe I am getting from Keane at all. Am I missing something?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I also don't like Juanito coming in to vote Grandi with very little to say about it and then subsequently sucking up to me.

I have no interest in voting Little Mac today fwiw, don't know if that's even still a case but I think it's a terrible one.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I'm not sucking up to you. I said you're targeted me a bit, but that's just something that you do, every single game.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Well maybe you should play more to my personal standards :colbert:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Asiina and Grandi votes on Mac are both super weird. I don't know how anyone could look at that and not think it was a joke. At least Asiina asks if it is a joke, but Grandi is so super serious about it I just don't understand.

I mean, Grandi, you basically did what you called Keane out for doing - you're currently voting the vote leader when you had suspicions about Keane's motives. Why didn't you unvote at that time? Why are you STILL voting Little Mac?

Asiina, can you check in and talk about how you feel about Mac?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hi game!

I'm going to make hot cocoa and then read this thread :sun:

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Quidnose posted:

The Asiina and Grandi votes on Mac are both super weird. I don't know how anyone could look at that and not think it was a joke. At least Asiina asks if it is a joke, but Grandi is so super serious about it I just don't understand.

I mean, Grandi, you basically did what you called Keane out for doing - you're currently voting the vote leader when you had suspicions about Keane's motives. Why didn't you unvote at that time? Why are you STILL voting Little Mac?

Nah, it wasn't the same, I have actual suspicions on Little Mac, I have outlined them. The Keane thing was upfront and occuring at the time. I was discussing it real time, but even if I had gone on the scum read side of the fence, it would have still been a lesser read than my Mac read. Keane was voting a jokevote candidate.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CCKeane posted:

I'm very hones4. You know 4his.

Where is yuming?!
Yuming is at work ;;;; always doing work, alas, we need to hire another SLP~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I don't like the logic in this post--

Grandicap posted:

>> Grinch IMG <<

You know this was in response to this post...

>> Asiina posted: I keep thinking the thread title is "How the Scum Swole Christmas" and thinking of a really buff Grinch. <<

Very not a scum claim. It the continuation of a misread of a title.

Now the question becomes, is little mac scum for not seeing this... no.

But is he scum for jumping on a terrible assumption of a scumclaim... maybe. I could see this, the stretch feels more scum mind than town mind. Yeah, I like this reasoning.

##vote little mac
The whole thing never read serious to me, and the degree of serious with which Grandi is interpreting it is scummy.

##vote Grandicap

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Kumbamontu posted:

This post gives me ~vibes~

The timing of it reads like a scum trying to interject, but not really caring to advance the game. It could be spun into a real opinion or left as a lol joke.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Grandicap posted:

Nah, it wasn't the same, I have actual suspicions on Little Mac, I have outlined them. The Keane thing was upfront and occuring at the time. I was discussing it real time, but even if I had gone on the scum read side of the fence, it would have still been a lesser read than my Mac read. Keane was voting a jokevote candidate.

Your actual suspicions on Little Mac read as if you're trying to convince yourself during the post. You haven't directly mentioned being suspicious of Mac since then, except for now, and I don't understand how with the other stuff we've been discussing, you still think Mac is the best case?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

Asiina, can you check in and talk about how you feel about Mac?

I was voting cause Mac was definitely making a weird connection and I couldn't tell if it was a joke vote or not. But I suppose it was.

I agree with everyone else though that Grandi's effort post to explain it feels very forced.

I wish I had more to say than :agreed: but it's pretty much how I feel about it.

##vote Grandi

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Boo, I am looking back at the votes on me and the people who have said they would vote me and nothing is sticking out.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Can you at least elaborate on why you think your Little Mac case is the best choice, still?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I don't really. I think it is the best available thing. Normally I would expect to get something off of the swing to me, but as I said, I really haven't. After my other game hits deadline at 9 I wll attempt to look back again.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I changed my mind, Grand I is being slammed.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Poison Mushroom posted:

##vote Grandicap

Artist's rendition of Grandicap:

God dammit, now I'm hungry.

I would vote pmush because while humorous, waffling is not a scum tell and pmush knows this. He is riding a tide of the moment and pouncing on it.

Juan's vote is bad too but totally in character for him. I would lean town here.
I think Quid is town, and keane is town, these are the two that have talked about me the most convinceingly, like actually caring about my content and what it means, rather than looking for a place to place a vote. I like these two.

Could go either way on yuming. Lack of engagement seems like status quo. But I like the kumba read. It might even be prescient... I think I might actually like Kumba as scum now.

Asiina's vote is very me too, but to such an extent that it feels townie. Points to valid casework that she agrees with. Calls out the me too-ness. Doesn't force more. But clearly explains her position. Would not vote.

Little Mac has not posted so it is difficult to continue to ride the bad misread because there is no new content. I could still vote here based on my early suspicions but saying it is more than a lurker vote with a bad first impression would leave much to be desired.

poo poo Kumba doesn't have much either apart from the post yuming found. poo poo.

So is that everyone? Apparently I like the lurkers and pmush for scum. That is lazy of my brain. Yuming is my borderline call.
I feel like scum is more likely in that block than out of it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

And Pmush is a borderline lurker too. Aside from being the first vote on me. Seeing a rising tide there and jumping early on Keane's questioning of me. There hasn't been any content, nor any desire to produce content. Decrying the game for lack of non-joke content... I think this is where my vote will go and where I will ask you to look after my death.

##vote pmush

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Juanito posted:

I don't really get a scum vibe from Keane or Quid. Quid goes after me a bit, but he always does.

What do you think about Grandi, Kumba? Starting at the post where he votes Little Mac

tbh i skimmed page 2 and didnt read his post, i got scum vibes off of quid's entry post and keane's vig post that's why i mentioned those two

i have now read grandi's vote post and subsequent follow up and they are awfully waffly and wordy. if it wasn't hammer i might vote.

i think he's actually right about one thing tho: keane's callout of grandi is scummy, in that he is calling out grandi for voting the vote leader but doesn't change his vote himself to the guy he just called out: he instead keeps it on the same guy grandi is voting for. dislike. i strongly dislike how keane has basically been drawing this COWARD narrative but never bothered to vote himself. seems insincere.

and now, when grandi's at -1, he's all like no guys grandi is town for reasons i'm not going to say

i'm happy with my vote where it is but i'll hammer if it comes to it

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

So how is being waffly equivocated with being scummy? If I see facts and weigh them and make decisions, some stronger, some weaker, how is that a bad thing.
I am attempting to illustrate my trains of thought.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
you're not waffly in that you're naturally changing your mind, you're waffly in that you'd be easily swayed by a gentle breeze. those two posts quid called out here was a good example of that.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kumbamontu posted:

you're not waffly in that you're naturally changing your mind, you're waffly in that you'd be easily swayed by a gentle breeze. those two posts quid called out here was a good example of that.

I was only "waffly" on Keane, when I said I was on the fence the whole time. Neutral. I hadn't made a decision on his alignment, as he posted more I made one.

Whatever, just vote me and end it. I have put my thoughts down.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Grandicap, I think you're scum not just because you're waffling, but also because you are tiptoeing. Every post you make, even your vote on me, is incredibly non-committal, incredibly safe. You're making every single post like you're trying to state your opinion without actually having a firm opinion. And that's what scummy to me.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

In other news, it's good to see yuming and her energy in another game. :sun:

Not seeing much else at the moment, except that everyone seems very eager to get on a bandwagon. That might just be it being D1 in a small game, though.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hello Poison Mushroom you seem to be someone to believe. Who should I pursue?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Aw, I used a t instead of a 4. Joke over.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Hello Poison Mushroom you seem to be someone to believe. Who should I pursue?
Your dreams. :sparkles:

How about Quid? :shrug: He's posting a little weird this game, I guess.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kumbamontu posted:

tbh i skimmed page 2 and didnt read his post, i got scum vibes off of quid's entry post and keane's vig post that's why i mentioned those two

i have now read grandi's vote post and subsequent follow up and they are awfully waffly and wordy. if it wasn't hammer i might vote.

i think he's actually right about one thing tho: keane's callout of grandi is scummy, in that he is calling out grandi for voting the vote leader but doesn't change his vote himself to the guy he just called out: he instead keeps it on the same guy grandi is voting for. dislike. i strongly dislike how keane has basically been drawing this COWARD narrative but never bothered to vote himself. seems insincere.

and now, when grandi's at -1, he's all like no guys grandi is town for reasons i'm not going to say

i'm happy with my vote where it is but i'll hammer if it comes to it

What does it say about Grandi that you think Keane's actions were scummy but Grandi found the same actions enough to immediately clear him of suspicion?

Why are you happy to hammer Grandi if you seem to think Keane is being weird surrounding him?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Why did Juanito disappear after a terrible vote and callout from me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

What does it say about Grandi that you think Keane's actions were scummy but Grandi found the same actions enough to immediately clear him of suspicion?

Why are you happy to hammer Grandi if you seem to think Keane is being weird surrounding him?

i dont know how to answer your first question. i disagree with him.

to your second question: grandi's vote post and follow up were scummy. keane's follow up to that was scummy. grandi's recent posting less so. hence, i'm voting for keane, but will hammer grandi to avoid nl. i don't really care that both of their scumminesses come from interactions with one another.

• Locked thread