Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Wait someone explain why 1 vote = lynch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Asphyxious posted:

Apparently at the end of the day the person with the most votes gets lynched regardless of if there's a majority. I think? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Oh right, with it being up in the air in cases of a tie.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I guess maybe SWEETBOY could have found some way of undoing a clear pre-game joke vote but muyb seems pretty intent on escalating things.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Maybe we should all unvote in case we do something dumber than usual

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

Remember when you posted

Asphyxious posted:

Just sit back and enjoy it you knobs

That was in response to the conversation about the new "whoever has the most votes gets lynched" rule.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

tithin posted:

This really seems like the way to go.

Those On My Left posted:

Remember when you posted

That was in response to the conversation about the new "whoever has the most votes gets lynched" rule.

Yeah I was talking about the ties, I didn't realise he'd put in a weird mechanic. I stand by que sera sera for ties though.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tithin posted:

I was wondering if that could be another way to avoid the certainty of a lynch in this game. If we all undid our votes by the end of the day. But that seems like a logistical nightmare that we should't count on, since the scum could just "oh darn not make it in time" or what have you, and have their few votes stand instead.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Asphyxious posted:

Yeah I was talking about the ties, I didn't realise he'd put in a weird mechanic. I stand by que sera sera for ties though.

This is literally the default setting

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

I was wondering if that could be another way to avoid the certainty of a lynch in this game. If we all undid our votes by the end of the day. But that seems like a logistical nightmare that we should't count on, since the scum could just "oh darn not make it in time" or what have you, and have their few votes stand instead.

Yeah the more people who vote at this stage the better the odds are for the scum, which is why Gough should have pulled his head in a bit. If I was more reactionary I'd throw a vote against him but I'm a firm believer in the day one no lynch.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

it's the exact same mechanic - whoever has the most votes gets lynched

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

sweetroy posted:

This is literally the default setting

Spare me your space age technobabble Attila the Hun!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Unvoting sound reasonable given our chances of hitting a scum are low and luck based at this stage. loving around with the new votefinder rules on day one will only benefit scum.

Anidav fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jan 17, 2015

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Yeah the more people who vote at this stage the better the odds are for the scum, which is why Gough should have pulled his head in a bit. If I was more reactionary I'd throw a vote against him but I'm a firm believer in the day one no lynch.

You think so? Most of the information I gleaned last game was from throwing votes around and seeing who flinched.

##vote Gough Suppressant

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Those On My Left posted:

it's the exact same mechanic - whoever has the most votes gets lynched

Oh god I'm going full Anidav in my first game okay. Back to the wiki sorry.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Yeah but being fair in the last game there were 7 of us, period. So the stakes were higher.

Smart scum will play it cool and let us hang ourselves.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Anidav posted:

Unvoting sound reasonable given our chances of hitting a scum are low and luck based at this stage. loving around with the new votefinder rules on day one will only benefit scum.

Anidav, don't edit your posts.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

You think so? Most of the information I gleaned last game was from throwing votes around and seeing who flinched.

Okay yeah but saying that as you throw a vote is priming the scum to not react if Gough is scum. Best case scenario you've marked out someone for them to throw under the bus.

Unless you're scum using what I said to throw Gough under the bus.

But then either way it'd be a scum kill so no reason to worry I guess.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
oh poo poo i now see why everyones flipping out, i basically just copy/pasted the rules bit of kommandos OP. you gotta have enough votes to lynch, it's not 1 vote can lynch. my b, should have read it a little more closely. i'll update it now

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Twas a typo sorry. Phoneposting.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

sweetroy posted:

oh poo poo i now see why everyones flipping out, i basically just copy/pasted the rules bit of kommandos OP. you gotta have enough votes to lynch, it's not 1 vote can lynch. my b, should have read it a little more closely. i'll update it now

Okay cool so everyone can settle down a bit.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Okay yeah but saying that as you throw a vote is priming the scum to not react if Gough is scum. Best case scenario you've marked out someone for them to throw under the bus.

Unless you're scum using what I said to throw Gough under the bus.

But then either way it'd be a scum kill so no reason to worry I guess.

Yeah, if the scum are already resorting to the bus on D1 then things are going pretty good! :haw:

Sounds like we can all relax a bit about the lynch rules, though.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
That's a relief.

We should probably lynch Hambeet on principle though.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote Gough Suppressant

holy poo poo that's aggressive, bif.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Splode posted:

holy poo poo that's aggressive, bif.

I forget doesn't quoting votes count as votes?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Asphyxious posted:

nope votefinder is smart enough to handle it, I believe

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

Splode posted:

nope votefinder is smart enough to handle it, I believe

yeah that looks right. Fixy, you can check here: http://votefinder.org/game/auspol-9#votecount

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Oh cool thanks guys :)

Also you've opted for "Fixy" TOML? Interesting.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
he implies you are a hipster, not a real bikie

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Wow did muyb pull a OMGUS on me? For my joke vote?

Okay obviously none of you read mills' recent game, or got the point of it at least. Go with your gut, stop waiting for data. Those who sit back waiting for data I'm a little bit suspicious of.

If you haven't read it, go read it now it's a shirt thread and was amazing. No special roles everyone was vanilla.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Okay obviously none of you read mills' recent game, or got the point of it at least. Go with your gut, stop waiting for data. Those who sit back waiting for data I'm a little bit suspicious of.

If you haven't read it, go read it now it's a shirt thread and was amazing. No special roles everyone was vanilla.

I thought the point of mills game was more keen observance of what people say, less about gung ho tactics, personally.

Do I take it from this that you're not going to unvote?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

auspol mafia worst mafia

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Some of us are slow to post because we live in WA and only just woke up and feel awful.

Meth: not even once.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Asphyxious posted:

I thought the point of mills game was more keen observance of what people say, less about gung ho tactics, personally.

I thought this was the good thread for a minute and was going to tell you to take it back to the mafia thread

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Well yeah, but scum aren't just going to reveal themselves by chit-chatting about the weather. Theories need to be put out there. Sometimes votes too, to see if anyone actually reacts or joins in, and who that is and why they say they're doing it. I'm just throwing poo poo at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

sweetroy posted:

oh okay

##unvote

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Matthew Beet posted:

This would mean a lot more if your vote against me wasn't still standing hth

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Yep, let's get this baby started. You all want data let's have data.

Muyb is scummy because of how quick he is to jump on me for what's obviously a joke vote. He'll try and say it was because of the confusion of the most votes = lynch mechanic and he was only voting to stop him being most votes blah blah, but it's still early in the day, a lot can change between now and deadline.

Come on I want to see theories.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Matthew Beet posted:

Yep, let's get this baby started. You all want data let's have data.

Muyb is scummy because of how quick he is to jump on me for what's obviously a joke vote. He'll try and say it was because of the confusion of the most votes = lynch mechanic and he was only voting to stop him being most votes blah blah, but it's still early in the day, a lot can change between now and deadline.

Come on I want to see theories.

Gough Suppressant posted:

This would mean a lot more if your vote against me wasn't still standing hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
For a guy who cast the first vote, Matthew Beet sure seems to be bent out of shape about having a vote cast against him

• Locked thread