Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

'morning nerds.

http://votefinder.org/game/auspol-10#votecount

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

How many votes are needed to lynch with 26? Even if people get on board with a turbolynch is the number required low enough to be possible on day 1? Is votefinder on its way or are you still fixing the missing players GM?

Nervous of getting turbo'd bud?

Everyone will check in unless they're dumb so there should be enough people around today. Whether it happens or not is another issue.

Hey gaspy, what are you doing for absent / lurking players? I've seen other games state they'll mod kill absent / lurking players. I'm wondering because with 26 it could be very easy for people to just not post and fly under the radar.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
##vote Michael Bay

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Matthew Beet posted:

Everyone will check in unless they're dumb so there should be enough people around today. Whether it happens or not is another issue.

Hey gaspy, what are you doing for absent / lurking players? I've seen other games state they'll mod kill absent / lurking players. I'm wondering because with 26 it could be very easy for people to just not post and fly under the radar.

play it by ear.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Asphyxious posted:

play it by ear.

do transformers have ears?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Haha votefinder calls this Auspol 10.

More like Auspol X :rock:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Anidav posted:

:negative:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Auspol Ex, as run by asphyxious

Perfect

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Mods change title to Auspol Ex please.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Anidav posted:

Haha votefinder calls this Auspol 10.

lol

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

webmeister posted:

Perfect

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Gough Suppressant posted:

Bah-weep-graaaaagnah wheep nini bong

What does this mean? I vaguely remember pantsu getting schooled about it in p/c thread.

Matthew Beet posted:

Who is ironic sex tourist? Is it soag?

Probably soag. They posted once in p/c auspol yesterday morning, other then that it's a completely new account.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

:toughguy: Anidav, you're going to follow the advice we gave last game, right? :toughguy:

Actually I'm gonna go find the post in the last thread that gave advice for new players, it's a really good summary. I'll quote it in here when I find it.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Tommofork posted:

What does this mean? I vaguely remember pantsu getting schooled about it in p/c thread.

Probably soag. They posted once in p/c auspol yesterday morning, other then that it's a completely new account.

It is the universal greeting

:goonsay:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

What if it's IWC?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Tirade posted:

:toughguy: Anidav, you're going to follow the advice we gave last game, right? :toughguy:

Actually I'm gonna go find the post in the last thread that gave advice for new players, it's a really good summary. I'll quote it in here when I find it.

It was a Matthew Beet post I think.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Bloody hell this game is massive.

I don't think I have enough red string to tie posts together.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Please listen to Optimus

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Milky Moor posted:

Please listen to Optimus

##vote Milky Moor

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Those On My Left posted:

It was a Matthew Beet post I think.

Yup. Phone posting so lost the bolding but read it all everyone and read it again Anidav.

Matthew Beet posted:

5 Steps to being good at town:

1) Don't lie. You might think you're clever helping out town but your actually not. A doctor could waste a turn protecting you if you claim to be something important, it distracts the town away from actual scum hunting because they may be forced to reassess, you might get caught out in your lie. Lying is really unproductive for town to do.

2) Vocally Siding with town Don't make vocal claims about who you think is town. This is something scum do and they do it to try and get that person on side. That person knows they're town, presumably, and by scum making that claim they go 'oh wow that person knows i'm town, i now respect their opinion. It's scummy. If you're town avoid doing this. Focus on who is scum, that's all that is important. I spoke about this yesterday.

3) Take one for the team If you're vanilla town, you should have no qualms about getting lynched. You getting lynched helps give others data. You should rather that YOU get lynched rather than a town power role. If it's heading your way, suck it up and move on. Yeah you can defend yourself but do it by trying to get everyone focus on who you think is scum and why. Give evidence, don't just point your finger
and scream.

4) Don't force town to role claim If you're town, trying to get someone to prove their town to prove their innocence is actually counter productive to town. It can go two ways, if they're right, you've confirmed their town, high five. OH NO BUT WAIT, now scum know who is the cop or the doctor or the tracker. See ya's later. It is really easy to demand proof off someone, if your suss on them follow it up on posting style and votes and try work out that way. Really people only do this to try and save themself instead. S

5) Never don't lynch. Don't not lynch day 1. Waiting for data is dumb. Post, post, post, try and go with your gut, lynch someone and go from there. Town' actually has a lot of strengths, most of all are it's numbers.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Beet was right about day 1 no-lynches, so let's get the ball rolling.

##vote Anidav

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

holy hell that's a lot of players

I got some solid mafia advice (though who knows if it is actually just a long con) from TOML and Small Keating last night so I'm looking forward to being a bit more active this round.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Awesome. Watching :D

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
yeah this is a big game, I'm still boning up on rules and conventions but it definitely looks like we probably want to get our lynch on ASAP. I want to say I already suspect sky coq for being so keen to vote anidav so early in the piece, but after that last game I don't think anyone voting for anidav is probably going to be useful data one way or the other

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

webmeister posted:

Perfect

Hahahahaha

I don't want to turbo Anidav though, so

##vote Harold Krell

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Seagull posted:

##vote Milky Moor

I'll kick you right in the tailgate, scraplet.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I agree with lynching on day1, just be aware that anidav is like an octopus except he squirts poo poo all over you instead of ink. I'll be withholding my vote until late in the day though.

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

That you, Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a fucking dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of shit over the rest of us.
Which of you is Shia.

Speak now and no harm will come to you.

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

That you, Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a fucking dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of shit over the rest of us.

black_tangled posted:

holy hell that's a lot of players

I got some solid mafia advice (though who knows if it is actually just a long con) from TOML and Small Keating last night so I'm looking forward to being a bit more active this round.

I did nothing of the sort, lynch this scum.

##vote black_tangled

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

New game plan. Everyone role call. Some people are bound to get caught out lying by the real person so we lynch the liar. If they flip town we lynch the person who lied about the other person lying the next day. Only scum would like about it you see. lynch people who don't role claim.

~flawless logic~

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Small Keating posted:

I did nothing of the sort, lynch this scum.

##vote black_tangled

oh my god

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

SKY COQ posted:

Beet was right about day 1 no-lynches, so let's get the ball rolling.

##vote Anidav

Vote finder isn't even setup properly yet. Do you really want a ball rolling before players have woken up, isn't that what your former comrades did last game? You would want to avoid acting so similar, right?

Beet, your wise posts might be used as a weapon on this day.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

New game plan. Everyone role call. Some people are bound to get caught out lying by the real person so we lynch the liar. If they flip town we lynch the person who lied about the other person lying the next day. Only scum would like about it you see. lynch people who don't role claim.

~flawless logic~

Shut the gently caress up, Hot Rod.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

Vote finder isn't even setup properly yet. Do you really want a ball rolling before players have woken up, isn't that what your former comrades did last game? You would want to avoid acting so similar, right?

I'm not wise stop lying scum

(jokes, I'm pretty smat)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Milky Moor posted:

You weren't lying about the in character thing were you?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Matthew Beet posted:

~flawless logic~

No don't, they'll just target Prime and then I'll cry again like when I first saw the movie :(

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Anidav posted:

##vote Anidav

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Milky Moor posted:

/

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

You weren't lying about the in character thing were you?

Unlike someone, I think we need to track down Megatron and his Decepticons, just like Prime ordered!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So is Starscream a autobot or a deceptacon? Isn't he both? Which timeline are we following?

• Locked thread