Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

A Chink Between Worlds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
"OOOH I RIKEY RON RON MIRK"

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
i need to get a 3ds!!!

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
ill play this game, someday.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
Protip: do the dungeon that gives you the blue mail first, and the hylian shield one second. I forget which dungeons these are though

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

mysterious loyall X posted:

i paid the hint fairy to tell me how to get pegasus boots

excuse me? i think you mean the hint ghost

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

conceitedguy posted:

Actually, I side with the many Goons who hate this game because It Doesn't HAven't Memorable Characters Or Plot.

/me begins breathing heavily

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Mad Man Pusco posted:

Protip: do the dungeon that gives you the blue mail first, and the hylian shield one second. I forget which dungeons these are though

blue mail is swamp palace, hylian shield is, uhh... turtle rock iirc, puzzle in the room before the boss

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Gamma Nerd posted:

blue mail is swamp palace, hylian shield is, uhh... turtle rock iirc, puzzle in the room before the boss

thank yu, Gamma Nerd

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the game is more fun when you have no idea what you're doing

if you get the armor early the game's difficulty goes to poo poo and its already pretty easy

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

I started playing this game but then got distracted by Pokemon so I never finished, sorry friends

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

DICKHEAD posted:

excuse me? i think you mean the hint ghost

pardon

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
there are memorable characters like the hen capture cowboy hat girl, dark zelda, zelda, link, and my girlfriend the witch hepler even tho you only see her for a bit unless you rescue her first

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The blue haired witch "Irene" is my girlfriend.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dark Zelda is my girlfriend although I only know of her through Zeldathon.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Cia is my girlfriend, although she isn't in this game.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

all of your girlfriends pale in comparison to my wife, Cremia

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Butt Ghost posted:

all of your girlfriends pale in comparison to my wife, Cremia

Gameshido rule #1: Don't insult someone else's girlfriend. Repent.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I am sorry

for having dibs on best girl

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

there are memorable characters like the hen capture cowboy hat girl, dark zelda, zelda, link, and my girlfriend the witch hepler even tho you only see her for a bit unless you rescue her first

Thank you.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

irene is my gf as well.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Bobnumerotres posted:

the game is more fun when you have no idea what you're doing

if you get the armor early the game's difficulty goes to poo poo and its already pretty easy
You make it sound like the franchise had difficulty after Zelda 2.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Link has never been a badass because saving the world has been handed to him on a silver platter each and every time.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Slur posted:

Link has never been a badass because saving the world has been handed to him on a silver platter each and every time.

What about when he dreamed really hard and saved a fish?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scalding Coffee posted:

skyward sword is pretty hard (for all of the wrong reasons)

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I want to play more of Skyward Sword because I only played like 2 dungeons before I got busy with real life stuff and never went back to it. It started off annoying but I heard it got better (although still annoying).

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
someday i'm going to finish twilight princess, i guess

lbw was great and i'm looking forward to going back and playing through in hero mode now

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Windwaker on Hero Mode was giving me some trouble.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I liked the art design of twilight princess, but the rest of the game didn't feel very memorable to me. It could have been shorter with the stuff between dungeons toned down and they could have increased the difficulty some because I remember it being super easy. Even the 50 level dungeon was a snoozefest.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Wormskull posted:

I'm really glad they added it. No hearts is annoying in the early game but once you get some momentum it's pretty epic and it made me really think a lot more about how I played.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

someday i'm going to finish twilight princess, i guess

lbw was great and i'm looking forward to going back and playing through in hero mode now

twilight princess would be such an incredible game if it weren't a giant pushover, as a whole.

*walks into room*
*camera pans from point to point showing you exactly how to solve a puzzle*
*this still happens in the last dungeon of the game*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's also just one of a few games where I like looking at it and reading the dialogue and stuff enough that that alone makes me like it, usually I don't give a crap about that stuff.

Dec 26, 2012

Wormskull posted:

im gonna play the poo poo out of this once i get a wii u

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

01011001 posted:

im gonna play the poo poo out of this once i get a wii u

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Wormskull posted:

It's also just one of a few games where I like looking at it and reading the dialogue and stuff enough that that alone makes me like it, usually I don't give a crap about that stuff.

Yeah. I really love the world and all the little touches they put into it. All the islands are pretty small but they have a lot of character. It's a really well made game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Also Zelda games got my favorite cutscenes, especially WW and OOT.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Though I fully expect MGS5 to have my new favorites, once it comes out, since GZ is already pretty close.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The cutscenes in WW are very epic. The last few rule and the one that plays at the end of your return to the forsaken fortress is very win as well.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I know OOT's a classic or whatever but it was til I started watching 100% speedruns that I really came to appreciate how crazy for the time some of the OOT cutscenes are, like the camera angles in the lost woods or the fire temple cave or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

darknut, biggest toughest enemy of the game that you dont even meet until the second from last dungeon, is completely defenseless against the back slice and just lets you hit him with it over and over until hes dead

he also has an attack where he guard breaks you and quickly swings for a nice combo, only link will magically block the follow-up attack while in the guard break animation

gently caress TP

• Locked thread