Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Larry Parrish posted:

IMO they went cheap on pretty much everything but the gameplay.

they did, because 4 million dollar budget

Dr qq posted:

whoever did eder and grieving mother and durance were excellent, i thought.

they should do the next game in that setting on whatever engine morrowind was on and do an homage to that instead of bg2

Eder and Durance were great. Sagani, Hiravias, and Kana were pretty good. I actually didn't have any problems with Pallegina. She just isn't given much to do.

Grieving Mother was pretty flat though I thought but I dunno maybe that was on purpose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I wonder if they'll announce TES VI at E3. Fallout's more likely, but they haven't released a full game in almost 4 years.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They're gonna port Skyrim to UE5 and let modders make the rest of their money for them.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
TES VI will just be a .gif of Todd Howard dancing on a pile of cash bundled with a developer's kit for Unity.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

I wonder if they'll announce TES VI at E3. Fallout's more likely, but they haven't released a full game in almost 4 years.

It's definitely gonna be fallout. They're going to wait a few years to make sure everyone has completely forgotten ESO before they announce what's next

Dec 26, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

It's definitely gonna be fallout. They're going to wait a few years to make sure everyone has completely forgotten ESO before they announce what's next

yeah pretty much

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

theyre gonna announce fallout online which will be made by the same team that did eso

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I'll never forget

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

But fallout is booooriiiing

oh boy look at this wasteland lots of brown in here

(prefer grey and snow)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Strategic Tea posted:

(prefer grey and snow)

Hell, gotta give this post credit, as it mirrors my thoughts perfectly.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i have a problem and i'm playing gw2

i saw this dude running around in a guild called NWAH earlier

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Doctor Goat posted:

i have a problem and i'm playing gw2

Isn't that second part a little redundant

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i'm just making sure people know i'm aware it is a problem

here have a picture of morroblivion vivec

http://sethnemo.deviantart.com/art/Skywind-Unfinished-Lord-Vivec-Concept-Art-460768068

also a baller vivec that kirkbride liked apparently

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 20, 2015

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Strategic Tea posted:

(prefer grey and snow)

The next Fallout will occur in the Pacific Northwest so they can make the whole game world a temperate forest.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

it will take place in finland with roughly the same dimensions and major geographic landmarks as skyrim

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

subhuman filth posted:

it will take place in finland with roughly the same dimensions and major geographic landmarks as skyrim

I kind of want this just to see everyone struggle to type the place names on the internet.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Next TES game will be in Black Marsh, but they will design it as one giant sewer level.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Next TES game will be in Black Marsh, but they will design it as one giant temperate forest

but in their defense, being in a giant swamp through the whole game would be pretty dismal

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

Next TES game will be in Black Marsh, but they will design it as one giant temperate forest

but in their defense, being in a giant swamp through the whole game would be pretty dismal

you are wrong, n'wah

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Morrowind had varied environments

I mean I know everyone bitches about the Ashlands and Molag Amur being so huge but then you got back to Balmora or w/e after a long excursion and it felt nice

In Black Marsh it's all swamp, all the time.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

Morrowind had varied environments

I mean I know everyone bitches about the Ashlands and Molag Amur being so huge but then you got back to Balmora or w/e after a long excursion and it felt nice

In Black Marsh it's all swamp, all the time.

i think theyd vary it up without going temperate forest crazy. its pretty much the only hope of ever having a game like morrowind in tes again

but they'll gently caress it upyeah they'll never even do it

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Bolverkur posted:

its pretty much the only hope of ever having a game like morrowind in tes again

Why would you have hope for that?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

Why would you have hope for that?

im retarede

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
TES Hammerfell would be kind of cool if it looked like this

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
if they modeled it based exactly on those images people on the official forums would be saying it looked totally unrealistic and they should have kept it grounded like Skyrim and Oblivion

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

what in the everloving gently caress. now you gotta pay for mods. this is the loving end

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Looks like an optional alternative to asking for donations for me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Giving a crap about it sounds insane to me, frankly. Now you can get potentially better made DLC for poo poo basically. This is a hosed up hell world where people charge money for nonsense as it is... Why not open it up a little lmao.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Looks like an optional alternative to asking for donations for me.

It says Free, Paid, or Pay-What-You-Want. At the very least, all of the mods in that bundle are Pay-What-You-Want.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
If getting paid for this stuff enables more people to make really big mods like Nehrim or Day Z or whatever, that's fine. I just don't wanna see some dumb gently caress try to sell me a set of armor or anime babes for 5 bucks non-negotiable.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only folks actually getting paid is steam in the end, so hell, good move on them that will likely piss off tons of idiot gamers that try to reconcile there wasteful consumerism guilt with their hobby instead of just accepting life in modern society as a joke.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

If getting paid for this stuff enables more people to make really big mods like Nehrim or Day Z or whatever, that's fine. I just don't wanna see some dumb gently caress try to sell me a set of armor or anime babes for 5 bucks non-negotiable.

Don't buy it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm surprised it took them this long to add that feature tbh

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh wait I guess you can actually get the money from it. Hell I can't see why you'd be mad if you already are a kind of person who pays for video games in the first place since a lot of mod authors, especially people trying to fix a turd like Skyrim anyway, are doing work you would pay a shithouse company to do.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
There's a minimum fee for all of them you gotta pay (which usually amounts to pennies), which is a little weird. You figure they could just do like Nexus already does and allow donations to modders instead of this.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you buy games on Steam you deserve everything that happens to you.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
lol, the debut mod pack costs almost 6 times what the actual game costs right now.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
gategate could now actually lead to a successful suit

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

klapman posted:

lol, the debut mod pack costs almost 6 times what the actual game costs right now.

and half the stuff is just "here's a weapon model ripped from dota or something that you have to open up the console to actually access" lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Can't wait to be forced to spend £300 next time I try to mod a Bethesda game into a playable state.

• Locked thread