Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

le sigh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

You know he means it because he uses the word asshat.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

My favorite part is, despite 'asshat' being used as a common noun he capitalizes it both times, because even in the middle of an apology his ego can't handle being anything lowercased. No noun can be common for His Majesty, Scarab Lord Of Destiny

Soral
May 30, 2009

lol you really owned that idiot with your sick grammar flames

Soral
May 30, 2009

lmao this huge retard who completely hosed up in every way used an oxford comma i better roast his rear end in the p'zone for that one thing about him

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

chaosbreather posted:

My favorite part is, despite 'asshat' being used as a common noun he capitalizes it both times, because even in the middle of an apology his ego can't handle being anything lowercased. No noun can be common for His Majesty, Scarab Lord Of Destiny

youre fucvkin weird

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

chaosbreather posted:

sir this is a mcdonalds drive thru

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Is the new expansion seriously $40

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

Is the new expansion seriously $40

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the tokin king

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

chaosbreather posted:

:gb2gbs:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Soral posted:

lmao this huge retard who completely hosed up in every way used an oxford comma i better roast his rear end in the p'zone for that one thing about him

i want a pizzone

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
♫ pizzone goes out to the one I love ♫

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

THE PENETRATOR posted:

I know, these things never work. I know, this probably sounds entitled. Perhaps it is, but I ask that you at least read all of this before you make those judgments and dismiss this post.

If you haven't read the top post by now, Luke Smith has taken it upon himself to slap every last player in the face and show us that we're nothing more than cattle to Bungie. If that sounds reactive or like hyperbole, please read the article and you'll realize that it's a pretty accurate assessment. This doesn't just insult you and I as regular players, but it spits on all of the hard work of everyone who made awesome community tools to fill in the gaps of Bungie's otherwise 6.5/10 game. Things like LFG sites that were made to compensate for the lack of matchmaking; like DestinyPublicEvents or Destiny Item Manager; like Destiny Ghost Hunter or sites that give you a better look at the Grimoire so that you have even the slightest clue as to what story actually exists in this game. The list can go on. We as a community put a lot of time and effort into making this game more than we were given. And don't get me wrong, there are some fantastic people at Bungie working their hardest to constantly improve the game, to listen to us and implement as much feedback as they can, to give use the tools needed to build everything I just mentioned. I get that. I'm hugely grateful for them, too.

However, we can't let an attitude like Luke Smith's dictate the future of this game without being contested. We shouldn't, anyways. We didn't just play this game; we invested in their community. We invested our time and talents to enrich the experience for each other in ways the game itself couldn't. Yet now we're being treated like we're nothing more than a pile of wallets? I get that they're a business, but you don't build a strong base for a game that's supposed to last 10 years by ostracizing and insulting your existing player-base.

For that reason, I implore anyone reading this to consider taking a day off. Just one day of either watching Netflix or playing a different game (new Batman, yes?) or anything else, really. That Tuesday, when they expect all of us to rush back into the weekly events and start knocking out our chores (likely even offering us some trinket to celebrate their favorite day of the year), let's actually show them what happens if we take our business elsewhere. Let's try to drive their server numbers to record lows. Let's organize ourselves as the community that wants this game to be as great as we know it can be and tell them in a way that even Activision can understand that we don't agree with their direction and we're not afraid to go elsewhere (especially after that E3 we were given this year). They need to stay competitive to retain us, so please, I only ask that you consider grabbing your friends and playing something else on Bungie Day this year. Show them that we matter just as much as any new players they mean to attract.

It's your choice as to how the future of this game shapes up, so do you want to try to make a statement or do you want to pay $40 for exclusive dance moves?

Agreed.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

chaosbreather posted:

shut the gently caress up

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
If you have the Redbull Can codes, please send them to my Steam thank you http://steamcommunity.com//id/BRAWW/

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I will send you the red bull codes, if I buy a red bull.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I read this whole interview but I didnt understand a single bit of it, andI play Destiny too.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

I said come in! posted:

I read this whole interview but I didnt understand a single bit of it, andI play Destiny too.

both of those things are because of your brain damage, OP.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PleasingFungus posted:

both of those things are because of your brain damage, OP.

I do have brain damage but not because I play Destiny. The brain damage is what makes me think playing Destiny is a good idea. Although to be fair I stopped playing it like two weeks ago. There's only so much crucible you can do because it's so unbalanced. I never bought the DLC tho.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

I said come in! posted:

I do have brain damage but not because I play Destiny. The brain damage is what makes me think playing Destiny is a good idea. Although to be fair I stopped playing it like two weeks ago. There's only so much crucible you can do because it's so unbalanced. I never bought the DLC tho.

:staringatyouwhilehigh:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

elf help book posted:

:staringatyouwhilehigh:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

I said come in! posted:

s'cool, s'cool

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I said come in! posted:

if you stop playing the bad game two weeks agio the brain damage doesn't count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

• Locked thread